It's interesting: It was a huge hit movie -- more people went to see that than any movie I've made in my career...

>It's interesting: It was a huge hit movie -- more people went to see that than any movie I've made in my career," Affleck told Washington DC's FOX 5. "It was the biggest hit of my career and then it had so much editorial negativity. Fans went, and I got a lot of positive response. It was interesting, that movie, because it was judged not necessarily on execution so much as on its tone. People seemed to want to have a lighter tone to the movie, and I thought that was interesting. Tone is not a qualitative thing. It's subjective, right? Some tones resonate with me that might not with you. And the tone of the movie was really parallel to the Frank Miller book [The Dark Knight Returns], which I liked and thought was great. I'm glad that so many people went and so many people liked the movie.
>Yeah. Yeah, I loved it.

youtu.be/s2Rc_bJvaic

You told me Ben hated BvS.

You lied to me Cred Forums.

Ben is a patrician, of course he liked it.

He is certainly disappointed with the negative reviews. But with all those $$$$...

Based Ben. Fuck the haters.

He is right. Dark tone was good and can't really see why it should be toned down? It's Batman. And Superman had dark times.

I hope tone is not taken too much down in JL.

Still the execution of the movie was also shit.
Ultimate cut solved a lot of problem, but writing and editing are still a lot flawed

pretty ashamed i've never put it like he did

why/how is the editing flawed

>execution was shit cause I say so

mmmk

is he talking about bvs? that movie was bad because of the shit writing and awful extended universe garbage that ruins movies. the tone was fine though during the first half before it turned into guardians of the galaxy

took 8 posts for the fire to rise. nice

Say what you want about BvS, whether you think it's good or not, the real point is the movie has created more discussion and people talk about it way more than anything marvel has ever done. Whether you think the execution was successful, the movie is more ambitious than most huge capeshit blockbusters. Maybe it's misunderstood, maybe it is just a huge baffling beautiful mess, maybe it is a massive testament to autism. Point is, the movie stuck with people good or bad, and by that definition the movie is a success on some level other than just a financial one, and it massively unperformed.

>Ben talks about people didn't like the movie because tone is subjective and he goes into detail that he liked the tone
>this autist rants the movie was bad
Why not read what he said? He references the Dark Knight Returns

I don't think tone was the the problem but he is completely right. Critics shat on it for it's tone.

Let's just say it moved him... TO A BIGGER HOUSE.... that his wife then got in the settlement

Based Ben. He's our guy

Nah, /our guy/ thought it was a piece of shit.

No he said that capeshit in it's entierty was shitty the interviewer then suggested to him "Batman vs Superman" and then they titled the article

"Gibson thinks BvS sucked"

Typical "journalistic" bullshit

sounds like everything he says is to do damage control for the movie not making profit and being weak. BvS sucked and he knows it

Because it failed to mask the horribly misconstrued script, obfuscating the final product further instead. But hey, it looked really pretty and shit. So much splosions, but not goofy asplosians like the marvelcucks; srs splosions like in transmorphers.
I kino'd really hard.

he said the movie was judged on tone instead of execution. my opinion is the tone was fine but the execution was shit. suck my cock faggot

>Say what you want about BvS, whether you think it's good or not, the real point is the movie has created more discussion and people talk about it way more than anything marvel has ever done.
I don't think they should strive to garner more discussion than some other movie. You make it sound like Batman v Superman has no intrinsic value of its own, other than being controversial. And it has been largely forgotten by now, only the mental patients who spam Snyder's movies here every day are still discussing it.
Even Suicide Squad generated more buzz around it.

>I read what I want from interviews so my feelings don't get hurt and my opinions invalidated.
It really boggles the noodle.

>not making profit

You actually swallowed that meme?

>Hollywood actor/ director getting fat and on his way out appeases film studio by saying he liked a movie

>Such bravey, Much Wow, Our guy

Where we you when Cred Forums literally became reddit?

BvS is still very much talked about, if only by an autist like you who can't stop telling the world how shitty the movie he thinks it is.

>No he said that capeshit in it's entierty was shitty

Cool mental gymnastics, they discussed BvS and he specifically commented on it calling it a piece of shit.

Remember that "I got a lot of positive response" was people saying he was the one genuinely good thing about the movie

and he was

>BvS is still very much talked about,
Sure, if you consider posting cheap bait here every day out of some mental disorder "being talked about". And hell, Spider-Man 2 is still being talked about, I don't know what you think your argument here is.

The Batman will fix everything.

Based terrorist. Fuck borders

Your opinion is dead. Bury it.

Consider this mercy

of course he's going to say that. he's a nice guy, he doesn't want to hurt Zack's feelings.

based good goy Ben.

Do you feel in charge?

>Spider-Man 2 is still being talked about

Because it's great, just like BvS.

>of course he's going to say that. he's a nice guy, he doesn't want to hurt Zack's feelings.
That and also the studio can probably ban him if he starts talking shit about current and recent projects.

Aren't the dvd/blu-Ray sales the highest in the first week for this movie than any movie released this year?

Of course!

Yes, but the disney jewlords are still pushing their smear campaign.

Who knows? I think it was top of the rental charts but aren't most new release blockbusters?

Everyone I've talked to says it's the worst movie they've seen all year

>Batman v Superman sucked didn't it mom?
>Yes sweetie.

>nice story bro

Remember when Ben was becoming a literal patrician filmmaker?
When he showed the world that he wasn't just a meme, but an artist with a vision and integrity?

Yeah, capeshit took that from us.
Now we're going to see him run around with a voicemodulator for a decade trying to coax Khal Drogo and Gal Godot into actually trying to act for once in their miserable lives.

Do you have any idea how many good movies the DCU has killed by drawing him into their shitty, soulless cash grab machine?

Fuck this.

A thinking man cannot help but like BvS.

>thinking man
>throws kryptonite spear in pool
>MARTHA

But DKR is a satirical, political cartoon with a dead on his feet Batman fueled by pure primal man in his heart. BvS was just mopey and confusing.

this
it tried to adapt like 3 different comic book stories but failed at all of them

You mean the guy that shit all over every capeshit except the mcu so as not to offend his buttbuddy RDJ?
Yeah, real stand-up guy...

This guy is a very succinct and smart interviewer, he's asking all the right questions

t. dccuck

>6 months
>still mad

He's an actor being interviewed, he's doing it for promotional reasons.

>You told me Ben hated BvS.

You seriously trusted the blatant shilling from Disney? What next, they tricked you into watching Zootopia or something?

/ourguy/ all day long baby, based Ben

The thing is that Zach has legit ADHD and also wanted to make another Watchmen adaptation, which is another deconstruction of the same characters but totally different. So thematically the movie ends up being a mess

You're not wrong.

Bearded Based Affleck is back, I fucking love it

Actually this kind of deals usually allow the good actors and creators to make better movies, just like Lynch had to make Dune so they keep financing his weird films. Ben is going to make like three movies, Amy Adams has already worked with PTA and Villeneuve and so on. RDJ and Scarlett are fucked for real though lol

Fuck even Cavill got a few good roles out of WB and the guy can't act for shit.

Based Batmanudin Bin Al-Fleck

Ryan Reynolds keeps taking shitty superhero roles so he can make small budget patrician movies (and Deadpoll) with actors he meet during the cape shootings.

Affleck is such a pussy. Look at how he minces words. Just let it out that you think the critics are cucks to the Disney formula

I got a rip from torrents and couldnt even finish it. The movie seems to be too serious. Why cant they make a movie like how raimi balanced camp and seriousness in spiderman 2?

Why would he say what everybody already knows?

Not the point. Read the interview. He wants to go against the critics. He wants to say it but he's afraid of the backlash so he holds back. That's a bitch move

I agree

This sounds like what he said about daredevil at the time.

Source?

Such a retarded argument. If it was the dark tone people dislike, then why did everybody like Nolan's Dark Knight trilogy?

I lost my respect for Affleck after this.

>If someone doesn't agree with me I lose respect for them.
Such a retarded argument, I lost respect for Anonymoose after this.