Season 2 planned

>season 2 planned

why? it's never going to live up to the first one

It's like you think they ain't innit for da money

first one is that good couldnt finish with all the DUDE 80S LMAO shit

DUDE DUNGEONS AND DRAGONS LMAO 80s NERDS XDDDD

I hope they at least expand more on the lore/setting and add a bigger, more lovecraftnian threat.

>it's never going to live up to the first one

agreed, the first season was such an unparalleled acheivement in motion storytelling that it can never be equaled

You sound intensely retarded.

>a bigger, more lovecraftnian threat

adding tentacles to a monster doesn't make it lovecraftian when the existential underpinnings of the setting don't fit

>tfw you're have such crippling ADD you can't even finish the first episode of a series.
Hold me, bro.

Watched one episode of this garbage

>most cliche monster escapes a super secret facility opening ever
>DUDE 80s RETRO
>mysterious androgynous young girl with powers SO ORIGINAL
>the older sister is a slut LMAO HER BF CLIMBED THROUGH THE WINDOW SO ORIGINAL

>it's never going to live up to the first one

Of course. Froggo is growing fast and will lose his cuteness.

The whole series is an homage to 80s pop culture.

Wil Wheaton is trying to weasel his way in so any hype I did have for it has been diminished tremendously.

kys

Your underage is showing

>tfw you realize the first season has a shit ton of problems

I am also a bit nervous. I feels so rushed.

>A NETFLIX Original

Because season 1 ended in a really shitty way, they got to the penultimate episode and realised their story was so convoluted they'd need more time to end it, which they didn't have, so they ended season 1 as a cliffhanger. It's only because the show got popular that we have season 2.

i love nancy guys help

I doubt HIGHLY that they will cast him. None of the leads they announced match his type. If he ends up on the show at all, it will be in a cameo. Maybe even just a tongue and cheek nod, like the kids watching an episode of Stark Trek.

It's not necessarily 'rushed', they're on a fairly typical TV schedule, but the trouble is that the Duffers aren't exactly proven talent yet. They had YEARS to write the first one and trim it down to the exact point they felt satisfied, whereas they're having to put this one together with a deadline.

There are a couple things about season one's ending that are left hanging in an unsatisfying way, but I'm not sure there's enough left to say about or do with the premise or characters to fill another season.

The first one did have a lot of loose ends.

>why?

MONEY MONEY MONEY MON-EY, MMMOOONNNNEEEYY...

This, also season 1 felt like an incomplete story, the finale just wrapped some things up, not all of it. And it worked like that because the creators weren't sure if they were gonna be renewed.
I'm sure season 2 can even improve the show if the guys behind it actually know what they're doing. It'll be a hard task, that's for sure.

Of course season 2 will suck, but at least we will see Frogho again and that's a big plus in my books.

>This, also season 1 felt like an incomplete story
To me it felt like a complete story that tacked on a few loose ends just in case. Had we never seen Will cough up the slug or Hopper leave the eggos in the box outside, the story would have felt like it reached it's logical conclusion. The people behind the experiments were still at large, but the protagonists aren't really in a position to do anything about it. If they just made it so that Eleven had sacrificed herself and Will was rescued, there really wouldn't be any loose ends to tie up.

Except for Barb. But she's pretty clearly dead so theres not a whole lot to do apart from breaking the bad news to her parents.

It's the one thing I have left to look forward to in life. That and 'It'.

The problem with the show is the regular issue with Netflix. Their shows are filmed like one big movie, but nine hours is too long for almost any plot, so things are stretched beyond any reasonable measure. Stranger Things is a really good show, it's innovative and interesting and entertaining, but the amount of filler keeps it from being what could have been an excellent show.

I think this show relies too much on audience nostalgia or perception of the 80s based on pop culture to cover up for a weak story. What was the mystery? We knew Eleven was the result of government experimenting and the "other side" was explained fairly soon as well - there was no moment of revelation or things coming together in a surprising way. This could've easily been an episode of X-Files instead of eight.

The dark side was semi-explained only around chapter five, so in the middle of the second third. That's standard for most sci-fi/mystery films.

>innovative
I liked this series, but that's the last word I'd use to describe Stranger Things.

Iktf, I hope he'll take new projects and flood us with fresh vines, scopes and selfies too. He is talented and can have a decent career, just has to keep himself from sperging and stop doing retarded stuff.

I thought each season was going to be set in a different place with a different mystery, rather than continuing off from the 1st season (which I felt was a fine ending)

I'm actually really worried that season 2 will tarnish how good the 1st was by trying too hard to expand on the characters and storyline

He's cuter now than he was in S1. They better film S2 soon while he's still in his prime.

source?

its weird, the guys probably more wealthy than i am by far but has been actors seem so incredibly sad to me. to go from so much success to not having been in anything good for so long.

He looks really tall in this pic judging by this legs, but maybe it's just the angle or lenses

I think it's cute that he wears the same clothes in every picture

But it's kinda boring

he's the same height as the other kids, maybe a tad bit taller

He looks taller than Caleb in this pic. Good for him, looks like he won't end up as a manlet

>That's standard for most sci-fi/mystery films.
Fair enough but that's applying a feature film structure to a television series which I believe is slightly different. My main problem is that the audience is presented with a superficial mystery - we already know what has happened in the lab so when Hopper breaks in at the end of the fourth episode, we don't learn anything new. Episode six Lucas discovers the portal must be in the fenced-off government building and that the "bad men" are there - something we knew already.

he looks taller than the other kids

you guys are enormous faggots

David Harbour is secretly evil and made a deal with Doctor Full Metal Jacket.

Man, they really do a good job at hiding the black guy's blackness in the show.

I'm not a homosexual but 11 is ADORABLE

>"You know too much - we're going to make it look like you were troubled and overdosed."
>"No, you won't. You're going to let me go."
>Cut to elsewhere and then next time we see him he's talking to the head doctor about a deal
>Literally: "I'll give you the girl if you just let us do our thing and we won't say anything to anybody after all this is over."
>As if the doctor wouldn't kill him anyway after finding out where Eleven is
Why?

This is news to me. Yay!!

If you cunts don't want a season 2 then don't watch it k?

why the fuck did they get to visit the white house? why does the pres even have time to host for minor and beginning celebrities?

everyone loves it in this board, which is why its never talked about much.

Because americucks can't leave anything alone.

The kid who plays will is such a little fuccboi twink faggot, I don't understand why 11 prefers that little douchebag to based froggo, but froggo deserves better than that shemale anyways.

>With the Upside Down, we have a 30-page document that is pretty intricate in terms of what it all means, and where this monster actually came from, and why aren’t there more monsters — we have all this stuff that we just didn’t have time for, or we didn’t feel like we needed to get into in season one, because of the main tension of Will.

>We wanted a simple drive and a somewhat simple mystery with bizarre pops of supernatural horror and then add a larger mythology behind this rift

>If there was going to be a season two, we would reveal more of that 30 page document, but we’d still want to keep it from the point of view of our original characters.

I figure it can't be worse than the 2nd season of daredevil.

I didn't know Millie was Jewish.

He thought they would die in the upside down. Why go through all the trouble of faking two deaths when they just disappear.