We all agree this intro is where capekino peaked right?

We all agree this intro is where capekino peaked right?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Watchmen
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Limited_series_(comics)
youtube.com/watch?v=sNXohNU3tWo
youtu.be/5oltd-Jsi2I
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I thought the whole Ultimate Cut version was really fine.

>calling Watchmen capekino or anything close to capeshit

Mate, did you watch the movie?

that movie is so bad...

Cred Forums is dead

kill yourself we faggot

Yeah. Dont listen to these faggots. It is quite literally the best and only good thing Snyder ever did.

>it's a lets shit on the source material's message and legacy episode

why?

Glitzy trash flick with allusions of depth but literally nothing under its shiny surface.
Bravo Hack Snyder

Nice to meet someone who agrees with me.

Without doubt the comic is much better, but I think Znyder managed it pretty well to include the intertextual aspects into the movie with editing the Black Freighter parts into it. I am also happy that it works so well, like the comic, as a deconstruction of the superhero genre.

I agree with you, but calling it a "comic" triggers me. Its a graphic novel, and there is a distinction.

>allusions of depth
I feel like you say that about anything you dont like. Indulge me, what has enough "depth" for you then?

It was originally published as a comic, issue by issue, dumbass.

>calling it a "comic" triggers me
Of course it does.
Do you ever get tired of being a stereotype?

Wew, you faggots cant even take the word "triggered" ironically can you? Has tv become this degenerate?

too bad they casted a skinny numale to play ozymandias.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Watchmen
Miniseries then, but the more recognizable graphic novel format has been around longer now. So yes. It isnt a comic strip in that sense of the word. Its thematically a graphic novel when you put the entire miniseries together, which is what Moore intended

Now calm down

I loved the film, especially the directors cut, but there was no need for the slow motion effect to take up the entire intro. Just using that effect there added like 3 minutes to the run time of the film.

Saying that, I'd be curious to see how much was added to other Snyder films by overusing slow motion, with Sucker Punch and BvS probably the most affected

It's a comic you retarded oaf, the difference is pure semantics and wankery

Docyou not get what makes a miniseries and something like the villain of the week comic thematically different? The fucker himself said its meant as an entire cohesive graphic novel. Fuck off

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Limited_series_(comics)

See
It was a miniseries, then put in a single volume. Moore prefers the volume....that it being a graphic novel is what best serves the story. It now has been a graphic novel longer than a series. So referring to it as a single volume iant wrong. There is a thematic difference between a traditional weekly comic and a miniseries... Jesus christ.

Literally the creator himself calls it a fucking graphic novel. Are you arguing with Moore now?

Take that up with Moore then, you retarded faggot. He calls it oje graphic novel. Has been for fucking years

I don't give a fuck what he thinks and what he prefers doesn't matter. Personally I think a monthly release works better because most plebs skip all the extra content Moore wrote at the end of each issue to get back to the colourful pictures, but guess what it doesn't matter what I think either. It especially doesn't matter whether you think the term comic is embarrassing or shameful or not thematically appropriate enough for you, it's a comic, and guess what Alan Moore agrees with me.

Fuck you it's garbage and nowhere near as good as the graphic novel

>"It’s a marketing term. I mean, it was one that I never had any sympathy with. The term “comic” does just as well for me. The term “graphic novel” was something that was thought up in the ’80s by marketing people" - Alan Moore

l m a o
m
a
o

they don't all need to be ripped

it's a shot for shot adaptation of the graphic novel

>During that decade, Moore helped to bring about greater social respectability for comics in the United States and United Kingdom. He prefers the term "comic" to "graphic novel"

B T F O
T
F
O

>Alan Moore agrees with me.
He literally doesnt
>dur its just a dumb dumb comic with colorful pictures
Yeah, and Maus is just about cute little mice. Because this medium cant tell serious narratives at all...

I love reading about rape, depression, anxiety, ptsd and existential dread in my Superman comic strips. Its totally the same as a graphic novel.

Doesnt mean that graphic novels do t exist, or the current format of watchmen isnt a graphic novel...

Source?

The whole movie is the best capeshit we will ever get, yes

L O L
O
L

You sound like a faggot, kiddo. Nice talking with ya.

>watchmen
>is capeshit

The black freighter is painfully out of place in the flick.

You have to go back

Keep crying bitch nigga

Im not crying on a malaysian may may board, reddit

>mfw someone says Snydermen was good

The Dark Knight

>people who defend removing the squid

Are lesbians really murdered for being lesbians? I don't think that's something that has ever happened.

The "Tales of the Black Freighter" animation was the best part of the movie, it was pretty good. Other than that, the movie was mediocre at best.

It fucking failed at that. It's amateur imitation that loses what qualities the novel had

Homosexuals have a long history of being mistreated and killed.
What do you think?

Yes, absolutely. The thematic and aesthetic apex of the modern superhero genre.

Spiderman 2's bank robbery scene is the literal and dynamic climax though.

That's sodomites.
I don't think lesbians are harmed. Lesbianism is sexy and titillating.

A lesbian is a homosexual...

You are extremely naive to think thay lesbians weren't also targeted throughout history
>still uses the term sodomite
I forgot what year this was

Come on man don't fall for his bait

Hellboy 2's intro was better

THE CURRENT YEAR

graphic novel = closed story in a single book

Watchmen was originally released in 12 issues like a regular comic

you fucking sperg

Scroll up, we already talked about this

Well, it is the current year. I hate how this is a fucking pol meme, and no normal person uses the word sodomite anymore.

SILHOUETTE A CUTE, CUTE

This scene was good because the music was appropriate.

The music killed some of the other scenes

Fuck user, didn't you get it?I thought it was obvious.

the death of people in the movie was way too clean thought
streets filled with corpse is way more shocking
plus in the movies it means Osi needed Manhattan to go away

The Watchmen movie doesn't actually make any sense.

Doesn't really work in the movie because they changed Adrian's plan.

There's also the fact that everything Adrian does in the story is tied to his hoax alien invasion. His business enterprises aren't to make him loads of money, they're meant to influence people's subconscious and make them more susceptible to the eventual attack.

>Wanting Cred Forums to be normal
Nigger tongue my anus

Cite me where I used the word "normal"?

>The Watchmen movie doesn't actually make any sense.
I mean, if you are retarded, sure.

>No normal person

Honestly watchmen masterful. Its the kind of movie any director is lucky to make in a lifetime

Jesus, how embarrassing. Now kill yourself, tumblr :)

Kill yourself you tasteless scum

Plebs talking about movies like they're patricians makes me sick

Yeah m8 all that slow-mo kung-fu and high gloss in the graphic novel was tight

What are you so triggered about? Do you even know?

I didnt say Cred Forums had to be "normal"

>reading skills are shit

You arent normal if the word sodomite is in your vocabulary you archaic faggot

No need to samefag, tumblr babby

>34 posters
>"le tumblr boogeyman" meme
Keep reaching you triggered autist

the squid was stupid as fucking shit

That's an opinion hold exclusively by idiots. Makes sense they cum with Snyder's own bad reading of the material.

t. still tumblr, now angrier

>y-you tumblr!
You keep calling everything tumblr. Jesus fuck man, relax. Nobody is as uppidty as you right now.

Director's > Ultimate > Theatrical

You know, I think the film could have benefited from not being so slavishly faithful to the graphic novel. I watched the movie with some friends recently, some of whom struggled to understand what was happening or become emotionally invested in the characters. If the film had a more concise and traditional narrative I think that they would have found it easier to follow.

The film could have been more tightly centered around Nite Owl and Silk Spectre, and made the other characters more peripheral. I know this would have pissed off a lot of the viewers who were fans of the original comics, but the movie ended up doing that anyway, so why not take the risk?

>tightly centered around the two most boring character
No thanks

t. tumblr tumblring

God you are a faggot. Go back to tumblr if you love it so much, kiddo

t. tumblr more & more mad

Yes. Can't think of any intro ever that come even close. Too bad the movie felt like a disappointment partly because of that

>tumblr, tumblr, tumblr, tumblr

Fuck off already

there are faggots literally wearing capes

Do you also get triggered when people call anime cartoons?

t. tumblr child :)

Nah

Just having superheroes IN a movie does not capeshit make. By itself.

Makes sense to try a new term instead of comics when the material is more serious or 'respectable'. Comics is like just for fun stuff, not that it's bad, of course.

Comics are a medium, not a genre. Defining mediums based on their subject matter is idiotic. Imagine a world where people unironically call things "kino," because all those superhero sequels have ruined the prestige of "movie."

Don't make categorization about status jockeying.

No, this scene was the peak of Capekino

youtube.com/watch?v=sNXohNU3tWo

Redditors will argue against this

It was ok, 6-7/10 the story was the best part, the parts Zack Snyder added and how he executed it weren't that good. Would've been better as a mini series.
youtu.be/5oltd-Jsi2I

I forget where i read it but Moore sees the term graphic novel as a joke. He said something like it was a term made up to make comic books more socially acceptable since most people associate comic books to kids and graphic novel sound more "serious".

this thread is fucking cancer. but anyways, I think the watchmen movie is pretty good, especially the intro

>Getting mad at someone on Cred Forums for not being normal
Die jew scum

>u a jew!
>reeeeeee!

(yawn)

the sound track of this movie is really good sometimes

You are quite literally brain damaged if the word sodomite is a word you think is both something people say, part of your actual vocabulary and not something that people will laugh at you for

You're probably a sodomite, aren't you?

Am I gay? No.

Trips confirm that guy as a sodomite.
I suggest we stone him.

No matter who made an adaptation or the format (tv or movie series), Moore would have been against it. He belongs on Cred Forums, he's a professional contrarian, and has made a career out of being displeased. That being said I have great respect for his talent, achievements, and perspective. Watchmen is a great adaptation, well cast, and has a fine energy, my only complaint is with some of the songs. There are many memorable scenes and there is also real earned emotion and feeling. It has a worldview and is not a sterile corporate exercise like many comic book movies.

I've posted this before, but Zack Snyder was a terrible choice to direct an adaptation of Watchmen. He produced a glossy comic book movie whereas the source material was the antithesis of glossy comic books. His movie is also very cramped and small-seeming somehow.

David Fincher could have directed an excellent watchmen.

"Cramped" is a good criticism, Snyder didn't have an assured editorial view for the adaptation.

“That pompous phrase (graphic novel) was thought up by some idiot in the marketing department of DC. I prefer to call them Big Expensive Comics.”
― Alan Moore

it's a shame synder won't make a intro like this for the Justice League.

God he's fucking shit now.

dumbass

You can't have read it and actually think this.

It is out of place, though. Snyder there and in the whole made a bad adaptation

only Cred Forums thinks this was a good movie

It is not something people say normally, I agree

But this is Cred Forums so there's nothing wrong with saying that

Super heavy-handed and obvious intro