Governor, I order you to stand down your police

>Governor, I order you to stand down your police
>It's not your job to protect your citizens, it's mine

Why is Hollywood conditioning Americans to think the president can do whatever he wants, fuck the constitution?

because it's easy
easy to get people to think president = king
and easy to get people to be okay with the president gaining more and more power because he is the king of the country

and it's much easier to control a nation when there is one seat of power, not hundreds

he's Jack Bauer so who cares

Is this show good?

also, reminder

"The governor shall be commander-in-chief of the armed forces and may call them out to execute the laws, suppress insurrection and repel invasion."
>Michigan Constitution, Art. 5, Sec. 12

see

>and it's much easier to control a nation when there is one seat of power, not hundreds

Not necessarily. But regardless, the president doesn't have authority to order governors to do anything.

It's pure and unadulterated shit

t. David Hayter

Somewhat relevant.

>disrespect the presidential office in the time of crisis
The Governor should've gotten his shit slapped.

Do you understand enumerated powers?

Do you like Kief? Then it's okay.

STANDING

states rights > federal rights

Americans are already in the condition of being retarded.

>the president doesn't have authority to order governors to do anything.

The governor doesn't have the authority to order the police to mass-detain citizens.

VOTING

He's already a demon.

>it's a "someone mentions enhanced interrogation so just for a second you feel like it's 2002 and you're Jack again, but then you snap back to a reality where 24 is no more and you're starring in a shitty ABC show that's gonna get canceled after one season so you just act the scene out and go back to your trailer to attempt to drink yourself to death" episode

Because the Jews are using all means to take power from the states and centralize it in Washington because lol fuck you.

That was pretty mean in comparison to others.

What's the point of the Constitution if it doesn't apply during times of crisis?

yeah, but if the states police is unlawfully arresting..and in the shows example beating a 17 year old, handcuffed boy to death ...maybe shit needs to be changed on the fly.

You are asking the right questions

in times of dire crisis, the constitution is not followed. I'm free to walk around, but like last week in my city during riots there was a 12am curfew. My rights as a citizen were overruled for "order"

>in times of dire crisis, the constitution is not followed
Why not just declare every day a "dire crisis" and throw the Constitution in the trash already?

One day ;^)

technically it is thrown in the trash every time a judge decides to change something aligned with a specific parties and or social media/activist wants and needs

just last week a "minor" judge ruled it ok in certain situations for a black person to run from the cops. He thought that with the stuff that is going on the flight in fight or flight is something a person should have a right to do ...it was on cnn for about 10 seconds, can't find the source atm

The President can take control of the national guard of any state though

>in times of dire crisis, the constitution is not followed.

100% not true

>like last week in my city during riots there was a 12am curfew. My rights as a citizen were overruled for "order"

You don't have a constitutional right to walk in public areas

Actually in Michigan he does.

>finding the oddball law
>building a plot that plays into it
>creating drama and tension out of people playing rules lawyer
>not obeying a direct order from the president in a time of crisis

sounds like shitty writing

that was implied in last weeks plot, it was ruled a "nuclear" option. The more I think about the series the more it annoys me. Like someone else mentioned, it's doing what 24 did about torture. "by any means ness"
Some will agree, and a lot will not.
>You don't have a constitutional right to walk in public areas
what....isn't that private areas?

Not him, explain. No bait, promise.

do you think he will work with Jack Bauer to stop the terrorists or will he be another obstructive bureaucrat