Why is Cred Forums so hostile towards outsiders?

Why is Cred Forums so hostile towards outsiders?

And how do they always spot me so easily? This happen on no other board.

that shit board is hostile to everyone

omg someone doesn't know all 1000000 chinese girl cartoons no one spoon feed him the info xD

Because they are honestly probably the most veterained posters. Cred Forums is the oldest board so it's safe to assume it's posters have been here the longest. It's also a older demographic than most other boards. On top of that, it's more of a niche topic than television, so it's easier to spot when someone is talking out of their ass

the first board made, after Cred Forums was Cred Forums.

Cred Forums was made before Cred Forums numbnuts, the clue is in the letters.

Because it's a good way of keeping normalfags and plebs out.
I wish Cred Forums was the same. Now it's full of capeshit fans

Probably because you're a pleb that watches Toonami anime, I wish this board was as elitist.

because this is what Cred Forums looked like before normie newfags like you invaded this site

Because Cred Forums is a shit board who thinks lucky star is better than DBZ

no im only there for db super and naruto

>Cred Forums is the oldest board so it's safe to assume it's posters have been here the longest.
But it's not.

When he first created the website, it had only two boards: "Cred Forums – Anime/General" and "Cred Forums – Anime/Random"; more boards were created over time, and Cred Forums was eventually renamed to simply "Cred Forums – Random".[note 1][28]

Wtf k love chidori now

oops

>When he first created the website, it had only two boards: "Cred Forums – Anime/General" and "Cred Forums – Anime/Random"
I've been here for 9 years, and this is literally the first time I've ever heard of this.

The story I was always lead to believe was that Cred Forums was created after Cred Forums was split but that there was an assortment of anime related boards surrounding it.

Because its userbase and moderation actually cares about the board

Ahh that brings back memories. But it does exist pham, /c/ - Anime/Cute.

Every board should be like Cred Forums. Look at Cred Forums and what happened to it once we started tolerating redditcucks.

Cred Forumsnon here, we "spot" you because we accuse everyone of everything.

I've browsed and posted on Cred Forums for over a literal decade now and I still get retarded faggots telling me to lurk more. If you haven't been accused of something, then you haven't browsed Cred Forums for more than an hour.

Well first of all you're a dumb frogposter.

I'll let you in on a secret, anonymous: It's because you're a dumb frogposter.

Cred Forums is the capeshit - star wars board.
It attracts so much new posters it doesn't worth the effort to persecute them anymore.

Not OP but I talked about how I enjoyed FLCL on Cred Forums once and got 6 replies about what a fag I was for liking it.
I don't understand.

You probably sounded like a newfag straight off the boat from reddit. I've browsed many a FLCL thread that were decent.

Not getting (you)s is the only real hostility, and Cred Forums will reply to anything.

Cred Forums is always ignoring me

We are full of hardcore weebs who are just past sperging and have ascended to mindlessly consuming at a super (or sub) human level. If I, who have seen over 500 titles am a normie but rarely posts and fits right in when he does, you probably posted something like enjoying a mediocre, well known title from the last 5 seasons.
Dont do that

All that means is you rarely post.

well the better board was b obviously. couldn't ge banned

I've been here since 2008 though. Everyone on Cred Forums seemed to agree FLCL was shit. I also was told that I was retarded for saying it was an anime and not an OVA.

I hate Cred Forums so much.

Cred Forums and /lit/ I have noticed are exceptionally good at ignoring shitpost. It's actually amazing.

Ask them if they like Deadmau5 or say something about "niggershit". That'll do it.

This
Anime is famous among autists for a reason. To watch more than 10 anime series is impossible for a normal human because they are all the same once you see the classics. You have to be a genuinely fucked up human with too much time on your hands to watch hundreds of series of what is basically the same shit.

>Everyone on Cred Forums seemed to agree FLCL was shit.
But it is.

Dumb frogposter.

It's not hostile, you just take it to heart. If you like something be prepared to argue with someone over it. It's fun.

Honestly, I don't see how someone could say a board is "hostile". Don't you lurk? Just don't be a retard.

And that's because I know the format and only intentionally break it. Also doesn't hurt that I've been there at least weekly for 6 years.

How so?
I always see it recommended in the top/best anime lists. Is Cowboy Bebop shit too? Evangelion?
I don't understand anime nerds. Almost everyone on Cred Forums likes and appreciates the Sopranos but people on Cred Forums hate anything people seem to agree is good.

Most boards are used to tourists. Cred Forums, even before the newfag invasion after /q/, was the kind of place that people from all other boards would come to after tentpole films came out or TV events were on. Boards like Cred Forums is pretty much the same weebs all the time.

>Everyone on Cred Forums seemed to agree FLCL was shit
It is, though. It's fun, but if you think it's anything beyond kinda fun, seriously, get better taste, user.

Reee I hate avid anime watchers so much.
Even the top anime shows, the biggest and most popular, most recommended, people shit on. I will never understand how any of these shows get popular when so many people avidly hate them.

More exposure means more lovers and haters. It's how it goes with everything, my man.

It's only good for the visuals, the story is scraped together and made up as it went along.

Just like capeshit and other hollywood flicks that are praised as "masterpieces"? Or are you a fan of those too?

Nothing wrong with elitism as long as it provides good on-topic discussion, the absolute opposite of this board for instance.

I'm a refugee from /x/, myself.
A long time ago there was this 'orange square' invasion on Cred Forums, where people were doing that script shit that kept spreading and posting orange squares, and suddenly /x/ was flooded with Cred Forums for a fucking week, and I ran away, taking refuge here for a bit.
This is a pretty comfy board, and.. well, i'm still here, years later.

>I always see it recommended in the top/best anime lists.
Those are mainly made by normies who just vomit up opinions made by other faggots. FLCL was pretty lackluster beyond it's music. The characters were bland, despite it's kinda interesting world, but even so, they never did much world building. The story was ehh, at best, if you could call what was up on screen a story.

I could go on, but I kinda don't want to.
>Is Cowboy Bebop shit too? Evangelion?
No, only angry faggots say that. But those are on every board, don't take it as an attack.

Seriously, at the end of the day, just like what you like. Don't let a board tell you what you like.

That's pathetic.

Cred Forums's elitism often bites it in the ass, though. Ask to be spoonfed on some information and then give yourself the answer on a different IP. Chances are you're about to derail an entire thread.

given 5 years anything bad fades away

I cannot stress enough how much of a newfag you are.

I don't like throwing that word around because duration isn't inherently a sign of post quality. But at the same time, you are so completely and utterly devoid of self-awareness that it needs to be explained

Your image is frog2.jpg and it's a picture of Pepe. Right off the bat, people can derive either your image selection is limited or that you put zero effort/creativity into posting. From this, people can assume that you have little to nothing of value to offer to the community and thus you won't be welcomed. All this from just a simple filename.

There a lot of things you can tell abut a poster just from subtle hints like these. They're not absolutes by any means, but they're definitely guides of sorts, and boards like Cred Forums are especially sensitive to it. You might think you've posted a decent thread, but from the perspective of Cred Forums, they see a guy who picked the first image that he googled and combined it with a question that's been asked a million times in the past decade.

Your choices are to either adjust to their standards or continue making an ass of yourself. You're not beyond redemption, but you will never impress anyone outside of Cred Forums, /r9k/, or Cred Forums with your "rare pepes".

You're right but what I'm saying is if you spend time on Cred Forums, The Sopranos gets very little hate. Almost everyone appreciates it at the very least. That's not to say FLCL is anywhere close to as good as The Sopranos but it's always at the top of the list of recommended anime just like The Sopranos is for recommended TV shows, but it gets shat on way more.
The difference is that those movies only get praised as masterpieces by 13 year olds on facebook.

I'm not even saying FLCL was that good. I'm just pointing out that as someone who hasn't seen much anime, I find it odd how there's so much in fighting in the anime community about what's good or not. Whereas most people like The Sopranos, I actually see more people on Cred Forums ragging on shows like Cowboy Bebop or Evangelion than liking it. Maybe being an Cred Forumsutist makes them more prone to contrarianism. I don't know.

It may seem that wayFOR YOU

This.

Frog posting is a huge sign of being a newfag. I cringe inwardly when I see pepe posting. It should have died in /r9k/.

Cred Forums is triggered by anyone who isn't sexually obsessed with badly drawn cartoon drawings.

You don't have to mention it, they can smell it on you, and it repulses them.

Not OP but this post makes me cringe hard. You type like you think you're making an epic takedown or something. You fall for the bait way too hard and take Cred Forums way too seriously.

maybe my filenames are subtle bait

Every board should strive to be more like Cred Forums.

If your board isn't the most elitist section of the internet for the particular topic, it's doing it wrong.

we're got another year for baneposting to not stop before i'm wrong

Its sort of like the rick rolling thing. Its overdone as fuck to the point of irony, but.. occasionally I miss it, and it gives me a little warm feeling when I see it pop up randomly now and then.

oldfag here, I know what you mean

I like to bully Cred Forums though, only reason I go there

They're easily triggered when they feel the need to defend their degenerate hobby of watching anime all day

Cred Forums is the home of many autists and cross posting fags who have lost all touch with reality
it's literally home to a bunch of neckbeard liberal nu males who spend time watching cute cartoon girls doing cute things 24/7 while never participating in society

They should all be bullied and reminded of what they are until they decide to move on with life or end it.

Than don't get mad when people call you a faggot, faggot.

Stay off my Cred Forums.

Baneposting started in 2011.

You're more of a faggot than he is if you think my post was anything but helpful.
He asked a question, and I provided a sincere and detailed answer.

It's not me you're cringing at. It's the reality of the situation that bothers you, and you're getting pissy over the messenger that's explaining it to you.

Well, if you go and create a shitty bait thread is kinda normal...

>post facebook frog on Cred Forums
>everyone calls me a faggot and spams dubs
>thread deleted after 2 minutes and b& for 3 days
Truly the best board. I wish Cred Forums would be that good.

it's slowly dying off though

Is this pasta?