I saw Doctor Strange and have no way of proving it. AMA!

Did this on Cred Forums last night. I was part of one of the many recent test screenings. The movie was completed but still was in the stage where it needed to be polished.

1. Proof
2. Personal rating and ranking in MCU?

cameos from other MCU movies? go

Is it LGBTQMPLDJHRD+ friendly?

Does Wanda show up?

Just said I have no proof in the OP. Either believe me or dont.

I'd give it a 7/10. Pretty much another MCU origin story movie. I hated Ant Man because I thought it was generic while the rest of the world loved it, so do what you will with that piece of information.

Tell me about Mads. Why does he wear the eye-liner?

infinity stone?

Give an in-depth plot synopsis including specific information that hasn't been shown in trailers or fuck off right now.

So many quips are there in this movie?

In case you wanna know: SUPER SPECIAL CAMEO SPOILER ALERT

They managed to squeeze Brie Larson in there for a brief scene as a young Lt.Danvers. Nothing big that distracts the audience because she will appear as just another military extra to people who dont know who she's playing. It was fun to get a taste of what MCU Carol will be like though. I had the biggest grin on my face watching her.

We didnt get the post credits so I dont know if there is anything there.

Eh it has Tilda Swinton so sure?

No.

Evil magic that makes his eyes all weird.

Yes. Time stone

Its an MCU movie. There are quips but I'm not bothered by them. Last night I described it as Winter Soldier-tier with slightly more quips.

How's the action?

Evil magic provided by Dormammu or Chthon?

Any other cameos from avengers?

The trailer looked pretty on a visual level and was edited nicely, like working with match cuts. Are they using some of those neat editing techniques also in the movie?

Pretty good. Its really fun seeing all the different spells they do in the movie because they come with different vibrant colors and effects.

Dormammu

No.

>Tilda Swinton
>apeasing SJWs.
Oh you.

shill thread

Not really. Sorry user.

>neat
Oh gee willikers!

Why are you responding to every simply yes or no / one sentence response questions but not this one?

Is that a retorical question?

>Did this on Cred Forums last night.
Link?

How large is Scott Adkins' role, who is he playing? Does he have any fights?

No.

user if I really took the time to type out entire paragraphs describing the entire movie to you, would you believe me? You havent seen the movie yourself so if I was lying I could just write my own plot. The film is a month away so this thread will be lost to the depths of the Internet and you wont remember any of these posts.

Anyway I'm not doing it because I'm lazy. I'll gladly answer specific questions though.

All I see is excuses for not doing the one thing that only someone who has actually seen this movie could do.

Mads performance on a level of 1-10, and is it possible for him to come back for sequels

Ukrainian Ben Affleck? He's one teachers alongside Wong at the monastery. He trains Strange and the other extras in martial arts. Not a big role but not exactly an extra. His character is very funny.

Do we see Dormammu or is he just name dropped

Ok.

Mads was pretty good but not stellar. He's another origin story villian. I'd give him a 7/10. The script doesn't really call for a lot of depth to his character.

Sequels? No.

Adkins doesnt fight anyone?

Not name dropped but he is alluded to throughout the movie. We get a brief look at him towards the end. The CG on the movie still needed some fixing and renders and he was probably the last item on the list so he wasn't done yet. I cant comment on whether he looks cool or not until I see the finished product with the rest of the world.

How good is Benedict's acting?

Is Mads working with Dormammu?

>you guys probably won't believe me but
>no I won't post a synopsis cause you won't believe it

He's mostly doing physical training with the students in the movie but he takes on a couple goons during an action sequence.

Benedict brings his A game to this. Marvel must have been good to him behind the scenes. You can tell he's having so much fun with Ejifor.

Sorta. It's Mad's plan with Dorammu behind the scenes.

Is there a twist? We know Mordo goes bad.. Or does he?

Just go with it man

is there any depth or interesting ideas in it? how was the cinematography? was it shot well?

Kinda like with AoU, when the Infinity stone is introduced to the plot there is a sense of "oh this is what it's all about!"

Mordo and Strange are at odds at the end of the film. He stays mostly heroic throughout it.

Is it kino?

It's Scott Derrickson bro, so yes

is the eye of agamoto in the movie?

Interesting ideas in the sense that they're expanding the mythology of the MCU and showing a whole new different side to it. I'm making a lot of comparisons ITT but yeah it's like Guardians. That movie introduced us to the cosmic side of the MCU while this one introduces the magical side. There is an interesting bit of retroactive continuity going on that helps cement magic into the MCU.

Example: It's insinuated that all the magic in the MCU is derived from Infinity Stones. The way Ancient One and her students harness it is the natural way while cases like Wanda is done the crude way. I'm sure this will be expanded upon in Thor: Ragnarok.

It's shot well but the cinematograhy is pretty bland to be honest.

Please talk about how cool the magic is, shit like sigils appearing in front of hands and colourful ass magic if my fetish

Does your father work at Nintendo OP?

>is pretty bland to be honest.
classic Marvel.

So does it set up Infinity War at all? Are there references to the Avengers? What's the after credits scene? Is Thanos there?

Bravo on the creative retcon Marvel

Like you said, it's very colorful stuff. The spells are definitly the most interesting part of the movie so it was always a treat to see them. I really feel they were inspired by Stuart Immoen's art on New Avengers.

No.

>Set up Infinity War

It introduces another Infinity Stone

>Avengers references
Brie Larson has a quick cameo as Lt.Danvers. Wanda isn't directly mentioned but like I said in a previous post, it's implied her brand of magic is crude while the Strange's is the natural way

>After credits
Wasn't shown to us

>Thanos

No.

Is it as quippy as Cap3?

I didnt think Civil War had a lot of quips.

There was the airport fight.

Wait I don't get it, does Thanos show up or not? Who's in the after credits scene? Bucky again?

We didn't get a credits sequence and there is no Thanos.

What do you mean? Does Tony show up?

>AMA
>Cred Forums
>marvel capeshit

>there were quips when the comic relief characters were in the scene
Woah

I know right? Completely ruined the movie for me. I mean who does that? Throwing in lighter scenes to break up the tension? Fucking hacks, I swear.

>mfw fucking spiderman of all characters started making jokes

What the fuck were they thinking