84% on rottentomatoes

84% on rottentomatoes

ddddddrropppped

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=df6mTJurJUQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I feel bad because it was a good pilot, I just know in about 3 weeks it's going to get slaughtered in the ratings by Walking Dead

>using rotten tomatoes for tv series
>using rotten tomatoes

Honestly, it was one of the BEST pilots I have seen in a long time. I've never been more hooked to a show just by seeing one episode. Buckle in because we're gonna be on a long ride.

>84℅ on RT.

Sounds good. Maybe you should go watch it and accept the RT rating as if it were the word of God.

Quarry had the best pilot

How is that bad, dum dum?

wojak finally has his own movie?

>using rotten tomatoes for tv series
rotten tomatoes actually is overly favorable to TV series, so it must really suck

>produced by jj abbrams
>the pilot introduces a bunch of mysteries and intrigues
WHY DO PEOPLE KEEP FALLING FOR IT

what did she mean by this?

What will the topic of first think piece articles that declare this show problematic be?

Twd has a 90% on rotten tomatoes which shows you just how shitty RT is for tv shows

>produced by jj abbrams

implying it won't get cancelled soon. I'm mad when revolution, Alcatraz, and almost human cancelled.

>tfw no McPoyle in the pilot

feelsbadman.jpg

No it has an average rating for a TV series. All i use is metacritic.

But have you read the handful of negative reviews?

>Evan Rachel Wood and Thandie Newton — playing an innocent farm girl and a jaded brothel madam, respectively — do very well in the context of Westworld’s inherently problematic sexual element.
>Ken Tucker, Yahoo! TV

>And, yeah, Westworld (the place) is mostly meant to be enjoyed by the kind of guys who inspire misandry, but the literal division of the female androids into virgins and whores who primarily exist to be raped or screwed or killed at varying levels of undress doesn’t exactly feel new for the network’s dramas.
>Inkoo Kang, MTV

>The channel still hasn’t kicked its disturbing habit of treating female flesh as a demarcation of brand boldness. It was one of the first channels to differentiate itself by displaying nudity and sexuality in its uncut films and later in its original programming. But somewhere along the way that idea morphed from a marker of edge and freedom into a fetish for savagery and more explicitly savagery in the form of sexualized violence perpetrated against women.
>Melanie McFarland, Salon

And so on. Notice a recurring theme from the negative reviews?

It's not any better for movies.

>rottentomatoes

I don't know what she's talking about, I was pretty turned on when the edge lord dragged her into the barn.

>RedditTomatoes

So it's actually good.

>Yahoo tv, mtv, salon
why even bother m8

>6 "women" die
VIOLENCE AGAINST WOMEN! VIOLENCE AGAINST WOMEN

kys

you're trolling right? literally everyone I know stopped watching that trainwreck

Nah it was good. If you like creepy robots you'll be into it.

3 people don't make up the entire audience.

>That cheesy instrumental cover of paint it black during the outlaws rampage
too much

yeah I turned it off then

Really? That's where you draw the line? Why?

because it was just so gay I couldn't handle it.

You might be autistic if something like that is enough to send you over the edge.

Absolutley not. Walking dead and Game of thrones are both low brow television shows designed for the lowest common denominator but, retards will continue to tune in week in and week out.

Just because you and your friends dropped it (good choice btw) doesn't mean the rest of America has.

>Walking dead and Game of thrones are both low brow television shows designed for the lowest common denominator but, retards will continue to tune in week in and week out.

I'll buy the bluray collector edition.
I'll support anything that will trigger tumblr.

TWD is fucking trash. FearTWD is much better imo. That being said, the pilot for WestWorld was fucking amazing and already has me hooked

the bad reviews are probably the sjw's who got triggered by the rape scene and too many white protagonists

The negative reviews for this pissed me off. How can they give higher reviews to the netflix capeshit shows? Fucking Game of Thrones seasons 5 and 6 got higher reviews than this. It's like they're biting the hand that feeds them--we finally get something high-quality and they shit on it for dumb reasons.

Then again, they reviewed based on the first four or so episodes, so maybe it'll go to shit. But I doubt it.

>wane equality
>still get triggered when a woman gets hurt in a TV show

?

>implying women want equality

what is that a virtua fighter movie

>[tipping intensifies]

Have you guys seen The Night Of?

Was not bad but it's missing frontal nudes and sex scenes of pic related.

>84% on rottentomatoes
>ddddddrropppped

You kids and your RT GOD telling you what to think and watch.

The word "Sheep" comes to mind.

Yes, it's decent for a mini series.

Yeah we have, and we liked it although we thought the story moved forwards too fast and easily in some respects (the main character's climb up the prison ladder, his lawyer actually smuggling drugs in for him seemed a bit hard to believe)

i want her butthole on my face

fuck you i liked it

I want to nurse her tits like a starving baby.

They are genuinely bad shows. GoT a good show until season 5 and 6.

I know it's trash hence why I said RATINGS. I will be watching WestWorld not TWD.

being THIS cool.

>FearTWD is much better imo.

I'm gonna need that orchestral of paint it black

just a remember the humans are also robots and we are in space in the far future

>FearTWD is much better imo..

>tripfag
and filtered

>(((Rebecca)))

>TWD is fucking trash. FearTWD is much better imo.

this has got to be bait.

More like 6 "women" "die"

You guys actually enjoy TWD? I'm not saying FTWD is an amazing show, I'm just saying it isn't as shitty as TWD

Seems kino as fuck
I guess the plebs are mad that it is a slow burn

Women want to have their cake and eat it too

it'll do the movie justice, the movie went too fast in my opinion

Literally "did I like it?" the website.

>I'm not saying FTWD is an amazing show

FTWD is awful bro.
The cast is great but everything else is terrible and most human beans would agree.

TWD aint great but it's a 1000 times better.

>Inkoo Kang

What a funny name

I agree somewhat. The kitsch moments are restricted to the scripted world where they belong and the rest is somber and intriguing. Hopkins is great and enigmatic. It could derail but so far I enjoy this robots get self aware story.

>used to be a cannibal murderer
>teary eyed
>yfw he started remembering all those times he killed and ate his own daughter

BRAVO NOLAN

The Prometheus sequel is out already?

GoT was never good, though I would have let you get away with season 1.

I thought it was mediocre

Do people really consider this show a slow burn? Compared to stuff like Mad Men/The Leftovers?

mad men a shit

Yeah this, a lot of people have been saying that but a lot happened in the first Ep

Cred Forums is trying its hardest to dislike this show but so far it is failing spectacularly in its attempt

We'll see about that depending how fast Westworld breaks down in first season. I hope they don't blow their load too early.

Too early to tell but it seems to have the same pessimistic and depressing tone that The Leftovers has. Probably too gloomy for a big success.

1 woman beaten/slapped
2-3 women killed in the shootout

did I miss the big womans slaughtering?

the heavily implied repeated rape most definitely counts towards the "violence against women" counter

90% is absolute trash rating for tv shows

GoT has 97
Breaking bad 100
Mr Robot 98
Daredevil 98
Fargo 100
The Knick 97
just to give you some examples

But how can you NOT rape this?

that kind of shot should be forbidden

This show was only supposed to be a 6-episode miniseries, but probably because GOT is ending soon and HBO couldn't find another good replacement for it, this was postponed again and again and expanded into a full show.

HBO really is fucked once GOT ends.

>GoT has 97
pretty bad
>Breaking bad 100
pretty bad
>Mr Robot 98
shit
>Daredevil 98
shit
>Fargo 100
havent seen, could be good
>The Knick 97
good

ratings doesnt mean anything

Women enjoy that sort of stuff though.

So you enjoy being a contrarian or are you just thick?

absolutely right, isn't humanity just so disgusting?

gr8 b8 m8

GoT is fucking shit, I disagree about Breaking Bad though that was a good show. Also Fargo is excellent.

>This time on Breaking Bad
>stupid meth guy does something stupid
>bald teacher guy uses science to save the day

They seem to not get that it's kinda half of the point of Westworld that the treatment of artificial (wo)men in the resort is to be frowned up because the robot puppets exist to give pleasure the guests in all their deplorable activities. It's icky and gross, but again, it's meant to make you be disgusted on purpose.

>frontal
did you miss opening scene?

yeah, the inherent problem with the film was that they just info dumped the whole fucking glitch plot point at once with barely building it up, and then, after like five minutes of robots going crazy, everything just shuts down and it's basically Yul Brynner shooting bunch of niggas up and then hunting the sole survivor for the remainder of the movie. Had no time to really build up how fucked up Westworld was and the impending robocalypse.

we are all west of world now
youtube.com/watch?v=df6mTJurJUQ

Honestly I would be surprised if they did the complete breakdown of order and control any earlier than the last two episodes or so. Now that they've quickly established the gimmick in the pilot, which was necessary to hook viewers, it's going to be slow burn to the inevitable chaos.

This TV show is just as retarded as the book, and original movie.

Trying to cramp campy 1950's story line into a modern TV show does not fucking work.

at least abbrams will have less say with WW, so better chance of success.

>which was necessary to hook viewers

Are you trying to say that there were people who were unaware of the plot gimmick before watching the show?

without a doubt

never watched GoT but I marathoned all seasons of breaking bad in the summer and I found it boring as fuck, basically all the characters were fucking shit except his wife's brother and the black chicken guy, even Walt got fucking annoying by season 3, and the plot was really predictable.

more than just Cred Forums watches tv. and it's all new to them.

So HBO blended that Westworld adaptation with the Fondation adaptation and Season 2 will go full Trantor?

>FtWD > tWD

Ed Harris' character is Judge Holden

>the book
what?

That's sad, but dubs don't lie.

How can crichtonfags even compete

there wasn't a book really, though they did publish the script.

CAn someone tell me the fucking name of this ambiguous secret club show you people are talking about?

SouthSpace.

Designated Survivor

Designated Space

EastEnders

>Game of Thrones has the same rating as Sopranos
Fucking disgraceful

spotted the neckbeard.

fuck off you didnt have an arc

>author, atheist, poet

top kek

Hell on Wheels

Home and Away

hahaha

westworld on HBO.

I do not wear a fedora.

Didn't the Ghostbusters remake get like a 99% fresh on RT?

I thought it was decent, and I'm definitely excited for next week. HOWEVER, this would have been GOAT tier pilot episode if it was not for a few really obvious CGI/greenscreen(?) moments and some weird editing. For example, that scene where the two WW executives are talking on the balcony. The whole environment looked fake as fuck to me for some reason, I assume most of it was. Some dodgy quick cutting during some of the violent moments too.

>he whole environment looked fake as fuck to me for some reason
probably some vancouver building

Can you make a pepe version of this?

You know who had an arc? Noah.

>tv creates their own Westerwold
>select guests get to relive TDKR plane scene over and over again

>One asshole keeps killing CIA before he talks

futureworld

Boy, have we got a big guy for you.

that is some exquisite cringe

may i save this image?

is that a real life cartman?

>ywn

>you'll never be the maintenance tech that has to scrape all the cum off it after every rape/ murder cycle

Actually not that bad a feeling.

I love Cred Forums.

>8 out of ten people liked it.

Oh, it must be trash.

>wut

Comments like this piss me the FUCK off.

You and 3 other people dropping TWD does not mean everyone else in the world stopped watching TWD, you delusional neckbeard.

TWD is the MOST POPULAR SHOW ON TV. Has been for like 4 straight years and it will continue to be for a long while especially now with GoT ending.

Have fun in your little bubble though.