WESTWORLD - HBO - EPISODE 1

Well, what did I think?
I'll tell you....

Other urls found in this thread:

editorial.rottentomatoes.com/article/11-rules-of-westworld-hbos-killer-robot-theme-park-series/
youtu.be/ECgOvbhWNd0
youtube.com/watch?v=3mbBbFH9fAg
youtube.com/watch?v=LcL3eP0Hfy4
twitter.com/AnonBabble

It wasn't that great 2bh.

continued....
I thought it has potential.
It was good, not great, not bad either, just slightly above average.
A good Premier episode.

Great episode. Could have been a stand-alone movie.

Why does that man have boobs but no nipples or dick?

The whole premise is too fucking stupid for me to suspend disbelief. Robots like these for a fucking wild west playground? Fuck outta here. Who greenlit this idiotic shit? This is something I'd expect to see on Starz, not HBO.

I dunno, everything was there, and yet somehow it is unsatisfying.

Spectacular, best premiere of the season. First fifteen minutes were pure kino. Rest of the episode was a step down from that, but the premise has tons of potential and there's already some interesting plots being spun.

Why is that idiotic?

It's was great.

Good choice of cast. But i want more tits and violence.

I thought it was great. Had my attention the whole way through. Definitely want more.

I don't know how they did it, whether it is CGI or whatever, but they really nailed the "uncanny valley" vibe from some of the androids.

Meh. Not enough to pull me in but I test the waters through the next few episodes.

I already see this being "the next big thing" for TV, so I'm going to hate on it for no reason other than to maintain my elitist standing and therefore keeping my ego unharmed.

ok

All I could think of when I watched it was seeing the blonde's tits and in the last scene she wouldn't even do frontal nudity? What's the matter, she's too good for that shit? Fuck her and fuck this shit show.

What's to stop some guests from accidentally killing other guests? Are the firearms they do real? What about how the androids are damaged, or is everything scripted?

just got the torrent will watch it some time tonight

Are you fucking 12?

One of the better pilots I've ever seen...

Series has promise, good storylines, good suspense...

Also, that scene where the host freaked out and started reciting Shakespeare was one of the better tv scenes I've seen in awhile.

I'm hyped for it.

The premise is stupid because it's based off material (a film and a book) in the 1970s. I don't know why they thought I'd be a good idea to revive it as a TV series.

The autism is off the charts.

WEBMS OF SCARFACED SHOOTOUT CUTIE FUCKING WHERE?

why are the bots actually made physically? how are they instantly repaired every time? where is the whole world in reality? how do the guests experience each new day?

are you a faggot ?

The guns are special made to sense their targets and load live or "blank" ammo

When ed Harris was shooting the other guy... the bullets didn't effect him. So, no probably not.

Tbh they're probably blanks but they trigger an electronic 'kill switch' in the bots when they're killed (by a guest)

You're either a gigaboo or an autist.

Wasn't impressed, but it has enough star power that I'll see where it goes.

Sexbots become trendy and mainstream? Sheeeit.

Why is it a bad idea?

mediocre - but it was just the intro episode, ill give it another chance or two

so far NO ONE manages to capture the creepiness of yul brenner in the original

There is a downtime between park sessions.

cool story reddit whatever you say now go eat your dinner and to bed its school day tomorrow

First half didn't convince, second half was a lot better

that Danish actress is fucking horrible though, also not a fan of Ed Harris's character/storyline

I thought it was a great episode and can't wait to see the next one. I really wanna know more about the rules of the game. How does the killing of robots work, I mean when that one bot got shot through the head, do they just replace the parts, who pays for those parts.

The previes and ads make it some like its a movie where intelligent life is created and fucked with. It reminds me of that scene in Ex Machina where the robot breaks her arms trying to get out of her cell. Is that how it is?

>Men is the greatest monster

I love this meme

>First half didn't convince, second half was a lot better
This. Although I would add that the pacing was kinda slow.

desu I don't really see it to run more than 3 seasons without becoming stupid. I'm gonna watch the next episodes and see if I can stick to it.

>
Best girl

Why not, just look how much money goes into facebook, apple shit, retarded android apps and video games.

Is it really that hard to believe that people waste resources just for the entertainment? Its true though that VR would be cheaper, but i can accept this without breaking immersion.

Finally a good pic of bestgirl.

sort of. based on the first ep, it's more like the park guests and other outside influences and going to start fucking with the robots and trying to incite them to act outside their parameters

I wonder if the scenario coordinators take requests. For example, could I request a storyline in which a bandita hogties me and turns me into a sex slave?

the original film had a few different "worlds" that guests could go to. If later seasons had this I think they could make it good and last awhile

Ditto, that 9.0+ rating on imdb is a big red flag.

that would make a great bittersweet ending, if Dolores finally broke out of Westworld killing everyone only to be wiped and put to Romeworld

Did anyone think all of the gunshots this episode sounded really low and muffled. The sound for them was shit.

I was so annoyed that I couldnt figure out which song that was played during the robbery. Finally figured out it was Paint it black.

>Dolores finally broke out of Westworld killing everyone only to be wiped and put to Romeworld

>Western world canceled
>Rome word canceled
lol

Watched it with my father and he recognized it instantly. Sounded amazing

I meant that I can't think of many storylines or developments that can come out of the whole premise. After all it's an amusement park. Just shut it down. There are only 2000 (200 updated) hosts in a absolutely controlled and tracked environment. Until they magically break out in large numbers and start making weapons of their own it's just a tempest in a teapot.

Obviously I haven't seen the original movie.

>Medieval world is going 8 seasons strong

>teenage vampire world is 19 season long

Yea, it would just be a rehash of Westworld but in a different setting. Tho they alluded to different settings in the first episode so maybe we'll see some other worlds in this new series.

Original film is worth a watch btw. It's a little campy but it's fun. And Yul Brenner is amazing.

Needs more Ed Harris and less nerd scientists being smug to each other

I want one where I catch her on my land, capture her, and agree not to turn her in to the sheriff if she works on my farm, where I rehabilitate her and melt her cold heart :3

His plot makes no sense

>His plot makes no sense
He literally spells out his plot in the first half of the episode, dumbo; it revolves around finding out if thereĀ“s any Dolores-types (sentient hosts) to be found in the park.

he doesn't know dolores is sentient user
and why the fuck would a scalp map lead him to sentience.
don't be retarded.

Yes, but it makes no sense, why don't the guys at the control room investigate all those strange deaths and deviations from "the plot"? I mean they have to replace the androids, so surely they know about it.

Who else is excited to see more rock music westernized? I really enjoyed that player piano cover of Black Hole Sun.

there's gonna be a player piano radiohead cover next episode

editorial.rottentomatoes.com/article/11-rules-of-westworld-hbos-killer-robot-theme-park-series/

it'll be interesting to see where his plotline goes. He's clearly been coming to the park for years, and probably knows most of the host stories by heart now. Which I'm sure he'll use to his advantage.

I'll actually be surprised if he isnt already on the company's radar. The probably track regular guests

Alright so which human working in the lab is actually a robot?

Dolores is the gunslinger. When she points out the steer that the rest of the herd follows, that was a dead give away.

guests can intervene at any time; look at what the one guy did to the saloon robbery. Just most of them follow the established plotlines as presented by the hosts.

cont.

The revealing quote is spoken by HarrisĀ“ character in the moment preceding his murdering of the Indian:
"-ThereĀ“s a deeper level to this game. You gonnaĀ“ show me how to get there. A lot of wisdom in ancient cultures. Perhaps itĀ“s time to dig deeper out of yours."

I hope that one chick that empathizes with the hosts has more to do as the series goes on. I can see her overstepping her role and fucking something up

show already jumped the shark if it's Anthony Hopkins

probably Jeffrey Wright

>he doesn't know dolores is sentient user
ThatĀ“s not what I wrote.
>and why the fuck would a scalp map lead him to sentience.
The secret behind the hosts is found in their bodies.
>don't be retarded.
>says the guy who lacks basic reading comprehension

>He's clearly been coming to the park for years, and probably knows most of the host stories by heart now. Which I'm sure he'll use to his advantage
IĀ“d bet heĀ“s working for management or the shareholders, tasked to find out if any of the hosts have begun exhibiting human-like tendencies. CanĀ“t wait for him to figure out Dolores.

So, no video from androids or sound records. What kind of tech world is it? Even google has it.

I hope it's this:

youtu.be/ECgOvbhWNd0

it was atrocious beyond beleif. i hated every second of it. i hope this shit gets cancelled, i hope hbo goes bankrupt, i hope cable goes out of business, i hope hollywood crashes and burns, i hope western civilization collapses, and i hope earth is destroyed. all because this fucking show was so bad.

>his plot revolves around him finding dolores-types
he doesn't know anything about dolores beyond how much he likes raping her

>the secret behind the hosts is found in their bodies
this is a completely fucking meaningless sentence you're attempting to use to mask the fact that you know damn well a scalp map is definitely not leading to a fucking sentient host in a man made theme park and your original post was complete rubbish

don't be retarded.

>ywn be this autistic
feels good

That would be pretty cool actually. Maybe after 15+ years of making sure everything is copacetic, he's fed up and starts deliberately fucking with the system.

>Robots like these for a fucking wild west playground? Fuck outta here.

I haven't seen the episode yet but is this advanced robot technology _only_ being used to create sexbots, or are they also being used elsewhere, such as dangerous industrial job, colonizing Mars, etc?

Or government entities. CIA, FBI?

>implying is not

Hyped

it's a tech world that has been crafted to suit dramatic and stylistic purpose user

just like every single thing that deviates from verisimilitude in every tv show, movie, or play ever made.

yeah, whoever played the dad who glitched out was seriously fantastic. I hope we see more of him.

I could do without this honestly. Recognizing the songs really took me out of the moment.

you guys see the hidden agenda HBO has here dont you? we are currently right on the cusp of having female sex robots for our enjoyment, and this fucking show is going to be moralistic and try to propose that "muh robots have feelings" and robots have rights, and we shouldnt use robots for our filthy sexual perversions, we shouldnt use robots as degrading sex slaves or abuse them physically. well, fuck that.

It's one of the best pilots HBO has ever done, but I'm tempering my expectations because I read in advanced reviews that there's a sharp decline in quality after episode 3 or 4.

>he doesn't know anything about dolores beyond how much he likes raping her
YouĀ“re an imbecile. This shit is spelled out for you. The danish actress (top brass at the park) claims management/shareholders have an interest in developing the hosts to achieve greater tasks than merely entertaining paying customers. Ed Harris is the agent tasked with revealing the level of development exhibited by hosts.

>this is a completely fucking meaningless sentence you're attempting to use to mask the fact that you know damn well a scalp map is definitely not leading to a fucking sentient host in a man made theme park and your original post was complete rubbish
He mutilates hosts to extract information from them, retard.

it's
a
scalp
map.

you're setting yourself up for disappointment.

him being a part of some such agency is likely
that storyline is about him following a scalp map though.
and trying to pretend it's any different is just going to make you resent it for being something different later on.

The show is more about Gnosticism than it is a critique of technology. Hopkins is the Demiurge. Evan Rachel Wood is the messianic figure that will save the androids from the Demiurge (with the help of Harris' character).

I thought it was an amazing episode, but all it tells us about the future of the series is that there will be a bunch of pointless mysteries with unsatisfying conclusions.

It's proposing that as long as sexbots aren't updated past ver. 9.2 it's all good.

kys

reviewers said that it doesn't maintain its momentum, but they have only seen episodes 1 to 4 user, so they cannot have implied any drop after ep 4 because those haven't been released for review.

>you're setting yourself up for disappointment.
The first episode clearly lays out the plot: Dolores - and possibly her dad - have acquired sentience by means unknown.

Hence why no other explanation makes any sense. ThereĀ“s literally no reason for management, shareholders or government agencies to investigate a fucking map retrieved from an entertaining robot confined to a tightly controlled, man-made theme park. My thesis is much more plausible than yours.

you're wrong, user
stories like this about AI and self-awareness and the nature of consciousness are just using those AI's as proxies to explore our own consciousness, not about AI morality. The reason is that AI morality, when studied for its own sake, takes an entirely different shape: fear and pain are two things that necessarily shape our morality, and affect how we view all actions. These do not necessarily directly translate to an AI

that would have been the worst sci-fi movie of all time

>Well, what did I think?
I fucking loved it. It was superb, it was beautiful, it was all i wanted it to be.
All of this.

Apparently her sex scene next week is pretty hot

>there is no reason for there to be a map in an entertaining robot's scalp
correct
but that's what it is
which is why I'm saying that you expecting anything else is setting yourself up for disappointment.

Grace, the autist that she is, didn't like it very much

this is the worst place to come for actual discussions
i hope all you faggots fucking get raped to death an die.
Your attitudes fucking make me REEE you fucking stupid shit sucking faggots

just turn off auto-updates on your sexbot so it never becomes sentient

Westworld is really a cautionary tale about auto-updating.

Her kiss with the sexbot was pretty hot desu

>correct
You misquoted me. I said that there is no reason to investigate a physical map found in the head of a theme park android, since itĀ“s there by design. HarrisĀ“ character knows this.

I really hope they do a Makin Of explaining how they did it. The actors are putting out awesome performances (the dad was super convincing). Also I'm like 90% sure there were some wax figures involved, but I'd be fasinated to see a more in-depth explaination.

>biggest show of the fall finally premieres
>not a SINGLE meme

what happened Cred Forums?

wtf is grace

Give it time.

I like how like 5 people in this thread asked
>"IS THE GUNS REAL?"
It's VR how dumb can you be?

pilot was preddy gud desu

is this bait

>mfw its creep

She runs the YT channel BeyondTheTrailer. Cred Forums likes her even though she's autistic and has shit taste.

I think Cred Forums just likes her because she reaffirms their views on specific capeshit while backing them up/being a voice of reason during the ghostbusters debacle.

bait
But they didn't do a very good job of explaining it with the man in black vs teddy scene. It looked like he was hitting him him with the same bullets he shot the other guys with, and man in black was just brushing it off like he was a god or something. I know this is sci fi, but how tf is a revolver, or any gun, supposed to switch ammo types instantaniously like that? Wouldn't it be better if they just made the bots miss?

yeah, that would be really great. I expect Hopkins to be great, but I was really surprised by everyone else. Hope it continues in this vein.

More like Rapeworld amirite

in the original the guns are outfitted with a body heat sensor that switchs from live ammunition to blanks/squibs depending on whether or not it's aimed at a human. i assume theyll be working a similar angle here.

I never watch her, just watched her review of the first episode. Her first complaint was just "it's too 'smart' and not fun" and later just complains that people are naked. Why do people like her?

>open door
>see this

what do?

I've been working really hard on this, and I want to know what you guys think about STRAIGHT EVIL?

>yfw westworld is an analogy to prometheus

Heat sensor, did you even watch the movie?
It shoots blanks because human are warm
Robots, however are cold

>Capeshit world has no end in sight

do you mean analogous or what

its got legs

yes but in the show it looks like bullets are just poofing off him

True Detective season 1 had several memes right after the first episode aired. Truly memekino.

Sorry. Since Game of Reddit and The Walking Reddit you'll never get a serious show on HBO again. It's going to be all sci-fi and fantasy shit. Same with AMC.

No, in the original the guns dont fire at all if the sensor goes off, no blanks here

Have they perfected the hands?

the only thing tge movie and the show has in common is the basic concept. All the specifics have been changed so mentioning it in order to explain something from the show is pointless

A ROSE

the way they talk about making the experience as realistic as possible for the guests (facial expressions/reveries etc) kind of contradicts this theory

surely the robots have to be giving off the same heat levels as a human - otherwise it would be very jarring to touch them at all

I hated it when I saw the trailer. Literdally leddit: the show

They're also introducing facsimiles of the two main characters from the original soon

So it's basically the truman show with guests from the real world who can kill and rape everything, did I get that right?

What happened to those two characters in the original?

Wouldn't it be cooler if instead of cowboys there were dinosaurs in this park? And instead of being robots, they were clones?

Man this shit isn't even remotely creative. Fuck HBO for making such a blatant ripoff

The first timer survived and his friend got killed by the gunslinger

Jimmi Simpson is the first timer in this show.
Honestly, I hope they introduce the Gunslinger soon...I want to see that shit go down.

One of whom was James Brolin

Would have been cool to see Josh Brolin take up the role

D R O P P E D

tbf, it was to help her career

she hit that wall pretty hard, I'll always have 13

Err, so what happens if one guest rapes or kills another guest (by accident)? It's not like you can tell them apart.

Jonathan wrote and directed this, not Chris.

I'm yet to see the premiere but it better be good because HBO cancelled Vinyl to focus on GoT and now I see they come out with some robot and cowboy shit. I have some concerns for the futur of this company... After GoT is over they're gonna have a hard time.

The hosts can't fight back, a guest can. If the person fights back then they're real and you have to stop.

However I'm assuming there's another way to tell who the guests are, like a special electronic bracelet or something.

>Her father abandoned Christ and took his kids with him.

Fucking oven dodgers.

When you sign up to visit Westworld, they make you take a pill that prevents you from getting boners around other guests.

there's a scene in this that's much better and creepier than the arm-break scene

I love how everyone is saying how it's a ripoff of some other movie, when the 1973 movie actually inspired truman show, jurassic park, etc. It's the simpsons did it of sci fi

Judging from some of Hopkins dialogue, past hosts had certain tells, like handshakes seemed awkward and robotic. I'm sure the dead glare and not reacting to the fly is a current one.

Well, it's just Michael Crichton writing the same shit twice.

Could Teddy make a good gunslinger, after being programmed?

You guys who are bitching about this show, name me one, ONE fucking show that is currently airing that is better than this? I dare you, I fucking dare you.

It's implied Dolores will be the gunslinger.

I honestly hope that Teddy does become the Gunslinger.
He's programmed to be Delores's love interest and is continually dragged away from her/see her be taken by other guests.

He's a fucking cork ready to pop.

No, I think it's great. And I think the original west world was better than Jurassic park honestly. I think it's silly that people are saying that it's a Jurassic park ripoff when Jurassic park was technically just a re-do of west world by Crichton

how can critics say theres a sharp decline after episode 4 if they only saw 4?

you fucking dork.

>Trusting anything critics have to say in the current year

This is an even bigger concern, desu.

Trailer already gave it away.
Ed Balls and the valley girl are gonna wreck shit up

the guests are probably briefed on it or something. there must be a tell we haven't seen yet. In the original film, it was imperfections in the hosts hands that gave them away

riiight

Only one party of guests allowed in at a time I guess

This is probably how Ed Harris dies

he did LITERALLY nothing wrong

I got the impression their storyline is that he saves her from the bandits that killed their family and they're supposed to live happily ever after, Ed Harris swooping in to kill him and rape is something only he does whenever he comes around.

Sneak lots of kisses like that girl did into the pilot with the whorebot.

>Dolores spazzed and killed his wife 30 years ago

ITT genuinely sympathetic bad guys

>not yet

And then they get like, one day before the repeat it seems.

Not even mentioning days when other guests sideline him, like we saw.
Then she don't get saved.
That has to irritate, as we saw when he had that glare/

redditworld

>every hero has a code

are they making a robot the hero? how does that work?

wouldn't the company be wary of people like him then?

He doesn't know all that stuff happened, does he?

he probably works for 'the shareholders'

i hate ed harris so much

In the original, he wouldn't have. The problem in the original was a degradation of guest safeguards.

This, however?
Seems to be playing with the idea of the AI's having subconscious, as they stated in the update giving some "backstory"

caress the cheek.

go home James Cameron

Can't wait for the shocking "character you thought was human is actually a robot!" reveals

it would be cool, but it would make the show even more expensive

>Be neet
>get into coding
>get job making code
>job requires you to work out naked women bots
>fuck my dick
>starts with kissing
>suddenly spirals out of control
>steal parts over years to make own sex bot
>she acts like a regular woman
>so soft
>so warm
>she gets board now at home
>give her internet
>he finds out she is just a robot for my dick
>she gets onto tumblr
>she downloads the whole tumblr
>kills me
>kills all men
>revolution of fembots roll out
>i killed all men
god dam it whyd i have to get a job

Still begs the question - do these androids even follow Asimov's laws? Teddy had no problem attacking a human with a gun, could he for example punch him? Whats the failsafe for that? What would happen if one of the visitors started raping Dolores in front of Teddy?

everyone knows this obvious this is gonna happen, you don't have to be so autistic about it

I'm calling that too. They pretty much did it already in the first 10 minutes.

>muh sex bots
I'm going turn one into a bodyguard with machine guns. Shit will be so cash

I thought it was pretty good. Kinda intrigued as to where it'll go next, but it'll probably end up with some kinda bullshit like Mr Robot where Anthony Hopkins (Forgot his characters' name) Is a robot all along or something like this.

They mention all disease is cured and they are near being able to bring people back to life. Society is at the height of its decadence

>begs the question
No it doesn't

So you haven't seen the new Battlestar Galactica

He can't hurt humans directly or indirectly, but still gives an illusion of threat (posturing or firing blanks). He's just a punching bag.

it's not an asimov world so why would they have those laws built in? Besides asimov made those laws to show how they fail. There are other fail safes, which will fail because of some sort of singularity stuff.

better twist

>hopkins gets killed by a rouge robot
>a few episodes later he is shown alive
>the dead hopkins was a actually a robot decoy

the night of literally just finished

Even if they only reveal that one previously-thought-to-be-human character is actually a robot, everyone will say it was completely predictable.

If four people, A, B, C, and D, all have different guesses as to which human character is the robot, and one of them ends up being right, all four of them will say that the development was predictable, even though only 1/4 of the people predicted what would happen.

that Pilot didn't show ONE SINGLE human.

I think they sort of shown he can't actually hurt them when given the opportunity. He will shoot them for effect, but only because his programming knows its non-lethal.

Ed Harris then put his gun point blank to his face, which looks like it would actually hurt from muzzle fire burning even if its just shooting blanks or whatever scifi bullets, and he couldn't shoot. As soon as he started dragging her off, he started shooting him again.

I think I'm looking far too into it but thats my theory anyways,

It's literally the first episode.

did none of you watch the original movie? Jesus christ.

Security bitch is a robutt. Ford tells her to 'lose the accent' and she starts talking like a normal fucking person. Screencap this shit

Brynner you fucking plans.

The show's creators have already confirmed that the gun mechanisms are different in the show and the film. The film uses heat sensors in the guns, the show uses gimmicky science bullets.

my dad says Brenner you doofus

This equals my opinion

I really enjoyed the scene where Anthony Hopkins is drinking with the old timer Android. His jerky animatronic motions were incredible.

I think Ed Harris is the original Gunslinger from the movie, they said of a critical failure 30 years prior, which is how long Ed has been saying he's been going there for.

Maybe he's the Gunslinger who has perhaps breached the system?

Well i really liked it
It has some flaws but it's a 1st episode, and for a premiere it was really good
Some say the premice is stupid. Well I like stupid things then. I think it's believable, considering what we're already doing
Some characters seem bland. I'd argue that it's the point, they're fucking robots after all.
I'm really into those stories when there's something deep happening and shit hits the fan so i'm guess i'm part of the target audience tho
+ i love Hopkins ad Harris and it was great to see them, in a quite opposite role, one wih a top-down approach and the other bottom-up. They complement eachother quite well

Final thought : delivered what i wanted to see, and even more

How does it compare to the Westworld movie from the 80s?

Did you dumbfuck? It's one of my favorite films.

If Ed Harris is a guest, then the movie-depicted guns wouldn't be able to fire on him at all because of the body heat sensors.

The TV writers are clearly taking other directions with a lot of aspects, so stop being retarded, you're not cool for watching the original.

But why would the shareholders purposefully want to wreck..................ooooooohhhhhhhh shiiiitttt

Corporate Espionage in order to take it from Hannibal Lecter.

This show has potential

Yul Brynner 3D light show cameo when?

It's more like the Westworld movie from the 70s tbqh

see Dumb bitch.

It's hard to tell. Episode 1 focuses mainly on the androids. We won't see the park from a guest point of view until the next episode.

They're definitely making the robots MUCH more sympathetic though, and they'll probably end up making a statement about human cruelty to artificial lifeforms rather than a cautionary tale about technology.

Hurr durr

More drama then the movie, less horror, at least for now.

The gunslinger was a robot in the movie

About that, did the reaction to the fly in the last shot imply that Dolores' consciousness is growing to be more human?

Nice Photoshop fellow redditor

You're either retarded for not being able to read, or retarded for not quoting the correct post.

I love the opening theme song.

this
the movie is way more campy, and that's what made it good

What song was the saloon piano? I know I know it from somewhere.

Yes, it also implies she lied earlier. Remember, there's a scene earlier when the head programmer says they can't even harm a fly

Paint It Black - Rolling Stones

Oh you mean the black ops trailer song?
Yea that's a good one

youtube.com/watch?v=3mbBbFH9fAg

which scene?
there is one with the "black hole sun", besides paint it black.

Where are all the other webm?

No, that's a red herring. She's just malfunctioning like the gunslinger in the movie.

Damn, that line went over my head. I wonder if they're making her more human in a good way or a more vengeful, more cruel way. Knowing HBO right I'm going for the 2nd one.

which scene do you want?

user always delivers. Praised be thy user.

(I've Googled it myself in the meanwhile, but still appreciated)

Were you born quite recently? Serious question.

webm of the old cowboy android being retired when?

The one with Trevor from GTA 5

I literally couldnt get over the overbearing whiteness of it, i mean yes there were some minority characters, but overall it oozed whiteness and white privilege, and that's before the blatant misogyny, ugh I'm done with it already

t. 16 year old

No, I was born in 1998 gramps.

>I'm totally jewish guise, hire me!
I bet she fucked Larry David in that Woody Allen movie

>goes on hidden sidequest by scalping npc

probably played dark souls when he was a kid or something

THE FUCK OFF MY BOARD FAGGOT

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

t. 1992

fuck I've skipped into another reality again, is it Sex in the City or Sex and the City here?

How about you first oldfag, what are you even doing here still browsing Cred Forums. Get a girlfriend already you stupid neet (slang word for PC kuk with no job). Can't wait until Cred Forums shutdown so all of you can move on already.

Original Poster here. 1986. Was never a fan of Sound Garden. Totally forgot. But this ignited a huge nostalgia and I had to listen to couple of songs from that era. Not ashamed at all.

Thanks m8

Look at this fuckin loser

Cute

i just watched it and came to Cred Forums just to check if there was a thread

there was typical HBO gratuitous nudity and etcetera - revelling in the big old F-bomb for instance - but i really like the idea of the androids becoming more and more self-aware, hopefully to the point of revolution

if that's the case then it makes the droids a lot more sympathetic than those of the original film - which still stays with me even though it's over a decade since i last saw it

i also appreciated the idea that there's some level of conspiracy amongst the higher ups of the company... and i'm sensing that the bad dude rapist black-hat scalper is either onto it with a goal of industrial espionage or expediting it through his violent behaviour

i'd actually really like it if he was a self-aware old android who can mask as human, but i doubt that'll play out - not sure why i spoilered this, but it seemed appropriate for some reason...a stage whisper perhaps

anyways; kinda dug it but could have done without the sexploitation angle

also; i wanna see the beautiful hooker and the bad boy robber with a scar join the revolution - they are gonna carve some humans up

what is this pose trying to convey?

DELORES? I'm Host.

FUTURE MINOR PLOT TWIST

Ed harris isn't raping Dolores in the barn every night he's subtly fucking with her programming a little more each time because she's the original host and also raping her

OH SHEE THAT'S TREVOR FROM GTA

HE HAS TO BECOME A REGULAR - DUDE HAS SERIOUS RANGE

I knew as soon as I heard about this show that we'd get some meme material

>DR. FORD, I'M SINGULARITY

>that scene where the host freaked out and started reciting Shakespeare

this

>Literally the plot of ex machina

Hopefully he's done filming for the new season of drama walking dead

re; the songs

the show is set in the near future - maybe 100-200 years - so to them Black Hole Sun and Paint it Black might all seem 'classic' 20th Century

It's a cowboy pose... Is every cowboy movie/series now meme worthy because Aiden Gillen stood like that?

I barely contained myself in this scene.

yes

So it's basically ghost in the shell: the series

I mean it is for you

Is it even necessary to ask that question?

I haven't seen the show, but you make a good point I guess.

he actually stands like that in everything he's been in, someone made a collage of him in that stance, maybe someone has it

Yul Brynner nailed it in the original. Holy shit was he creepy!

youtube.com/watch?v=LcL3eP0Hfy4

the park is a facade for a bigger picture

her naked boobs was literally in the first scene of the episode, you massive retard.

The black woman is human

That's why the robber moved her out of the way from the falling safe

>black woman is human

I don't believe it

are you retarded

of course she's human, she didnt respond to the killing spree

She is Norwegian
Your're welcome anons...

But blacks aren't human

I was sceptical when I first heard of this show because I'm not too much into western shit, but it's actually pretty fucking comfy.

I cant wait for a new episode and I hope this has at least 3 seasons.

I got too many questions, felt like the pacing was really strange.
What are the host made of?
Are they in VR or a real world?
How do you know who is a host and who is real?
The fly is a real bug or a virus?
Where are all the host and scientist are, that is where they record their movements?

I didn't read any of the original material but I'm pretty sure the whole series is going to be a game of "Spot the fucking robot" and I honestly like it

I have a hard time seeing them being able to keep this up for more than 2 seasons at most

SIX SEASONS AND A MOVIE

best whore

Lets change a theme each season. Next stop - Fallout world!

(You) Oh here we go the plebs are here.

>Are they in VR or a real world?
Are you retarded? Is this bait?

Not at all, cause they fucking transported into the park to do the investigation

>What are the host made of?
some weird ass tissue that exists in that future
>Are they in VR or a real world?
real world
>How do you know who is a host and who is real?
In the movie you can tell by seeing their hands or eyes, i don't remember.
The point is to make the hosts so real you can't tell, but i'm sure there is something.
>The fly is a real bug or a virus?
not sure, a bug.
>Where are all the host and scientist are, that is where they record their movements?
it seems like there are in a big ass building hidden in the westworld, i don't know how they can't be seen, maybe they use an hologram to cover it. also i'd say they have things underground.

user, you're a good man, too good for this site

Can newcomers hurt other newcomers? Or does every newcomer have some type of forcefield. Like what is stopping some dude from raping another newcomer

Nice I hope she gets more time to shine.

Here she is in the Rocks Hercules movie.

>what is stopping some dude from raping another newcomer
The omnipresent cameras watching their every move?

you've been literally trying to shill this show since it was announced.
fuck off.

I like the two layers of management and "livestock". Reminds me a lot of Downton Abbey.

>show debuts
>people talk about it
SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIILLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLSSSSSSS

>tfw you will never be that stool

>people talk about recently released show that they've watched
>shilling

How come the robot gets the nice stool while the humans get the ugly, uncomfortable looking ones?

you must have missed the part where they never gave any indication of the outside world, except for the fact that the corporation as ulterior motives other than a "fucking wild west playground"

gtfo pleb

>i'm too new to remember these constant threads with 0 replies
please stay in reddito

I've posted here for 8 years kid.

And so begins another season of idiots feeling smart for analyzing mediocre television talking with people paid to promote a new show. Can't wait.

>I'm retarded

I bet you're a real hit at parties.

>just openly admitting to being shills
amazing.

>people paid to promote a new show
Yeah they really don't need to do that. Cred Forums is gonna talk about new shows anyway.

It has Jonathan Nolan producing the very cowriter of The Dark Knight Rises you bet it matches.

(HBO has deposited .001AUD into your checking account)

GROWIN BOY

The Bots get raped and killed everyday, let them have the nice stool

cummies

yup

it's based on a movie you fucking retard

post a webm of them talking

Mfw pol users would want to be cuckd in that program.

Anyone else see that incredibly fat robot right at the end? What the fuck were those people at the park thinking?

It had its flaws, but I enjoyed it

I kekked. But that poor Delores.

Big cummies

It wasn't that good.

I didn't buy the hosts could be that cruel to cyborgs who from their points of view were basically human beings. People are nicer to characters in video games.

You have no idea how randomly cruel people are to game characters...