How long will this show last? I give it one season. The premise is great, but execution is pretty poor

How long will this show last? I give it one season. The premise is great, but execution is pretty poor.

I wish the writing wasn't so shitty. Kiefer saves it, but the quality drops hard when he's not in the scene.

Where did the writers of the shows from early to mid 00's go?

DESIGNATED

You don't need good writing to sell a show anymore, just a meme premise and cliffhangers.

I like it. Not sure what everyone's problem with it is. I normally can't stand network political dramas or police procedurals.

I'm sure they'll hold out for at least as long as they can do an "election" season. It'll be bad.

It's very heavy handed and the tragedy itself was incredibly underwhelming. They're also trying to do too many things at once.

It should last. They just need a few scenes of President Bauer removing kebab with drine strike and nukes. Every scene he is in is really good.

Didn't know this existed until I saw this thread. Premise looks pretty great actually and Kiefer seems like he gives a good performance from the trailer, but something about it just seems a little... off? I can't decide if it's taking itself too seriously, or not seriously enough and everything just looks a little bit cheap. I dunno, I'll probably watch the first episode when I get some free time.

Its mostly the scenes with the family. The political side of it is actually pretty good.

I can't wait until he goes full President Jack and yells at everyone 24/7.

>kill the son
>write out the wife and fbi lady
>avoid military coup and blaming muslims for boming plot
>read up on wikipedia so you don't fuck up shit like Iran having an ambassador to the UN or Joint Chiefs having any power
>have everyone be genuinely freaked out by america's government disintegrating instead of acting like just the president got killed

show just got 1000% better

Agreed, the last episode where the Governor of Michigan basically walks the line that would end in secession from the United States was brilliant. It's a plotline that would be grounded in reality if such a catastrophe took place whereby the entire apparatus of the Federal Government is wiped out; it makes sense that regional Governors would step up and try to fill the power vacuum by taking executive power for themselves.

It does seem kinda cheap. It feels like a bit of a cash in due to the uponcoming election. Kiefer indeed does a great job.

He's so comfy in this unlike 24.

pretty sure this show has the comfiest kief

CRATER

COMFY Snake

>we want the 24 audience

Can someone explain how a person can be comfy?

>the tragedy itself was incredibly underwhelming

thats the point. you must not get it

the other characters suck, his kids are ok though since you dont expect much from them

>CHLOE!

>thats the point. you must not get it

Please explain.

So when he takes his glasses off he becomes alpha?