It's a "Some robot kidnaps the Enterprise and threaten the whole crew but Kirk talks and talks until they...

>it's a "Some robot kidnaps the Enterprise and threaten the whole crew but Kirk talks and talks until they self-distruct" episode

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=YoMxNutXRuk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

there's a significant lack of trek threads lately, where'd everybody go?

>GERROFF ME SHIP YE FECKING ROBUT CUNTS

I just watched bBeyond last night. It was pretty good. Don't get all the hate.

I made one earlier but got no replies, I suspect most of them are Americans with jobs

>Don't get all the hate
It's JJ Trek so I didn't watch it but that didn't stop me calling it out for being shit

The Ultimate Computer is the best TOS episode

>where'd everybody go?
outside, having fan (sex)

>it's a "Kirk bangs every female in the galaxy because he can't make sweet love to the Enterprise" episode

>It's JJ Trek
It's not. It's Justin Lin Trek. It's better than the other two.

fan sex?

D R O P P E D
R
O
P
P
E
D

>fan (sex)
I'm not sure her hips could take it

>it's a Kirk uses seduction and sex to get what he wants

Is he the first homme fatale in media?

>It's not. It's Justin Lin Trek
Unless every character was re-written from the ground up it's still JJTrek and I have no interest in seeing those grotesque parodies of the characters I love gurning over the corpse of Star Trek.

>genetic engineering (even to cure blindness) is forbidden, the human form is holy and must not be tampered with
>AI is almost always evil
>the only good AI envies humanity
>god-like beings fear and are enchanted by humanity

gosh rodenberry, why don't you and humanity get a room or somthing

It was absolute horseshit.

LANDRU: I am Landru.
KIRK: Landru is dead. You are a machine. A question has been put to you. Answer it.
LANDRU: The good is the harmonious continuation of the Body. The good is peace, tranquillity. The good of the Body is the directive.
KIRK: Then I put it to you that you have disobeyed the Prime Directive. You are harmful to the Body.
LANDRU: The body is. It exists. It is healthy.
KIRK: The body is dying. You are destroying it.
LANDRU: Do you ask a question?
KIRK: What have you done to do justice to the full potential of every individual of the Body?
LANDRU: Insufficient data.
KIRK: Without freedom of choice, there is no creativity. Without creativity, there is no life. The body dies. The fault is yours.
SPOCK: Are you aiding the body, or are you destroying it?
LANDRU: (sounding very machine-like, Davros-like) I am not programmed to answer that question.

Executive Producer Gowron here.

It's 2016 and diversity is popular on Twitter so we made Sulu gay. Crisis averted.

equality isn't a fad, its happening regardless of how scared it makes anyone on this site and there's nothing wrong with equal representation in fiction, it just should've been a new character and not one that had never been depicted as gay before

Whats up with those two parallel planets episodes in season 2 TOS

pretty weak that its exactly the same.

I still enjoyed them though

>it a "rom gets himself and quark in comic relief trouble" episode

You think I'm scared of some cocksucker?

2A EERY DAY

>It's another "was once a decent person who had some bad shit happened to them and now wants revenge on people who had nothing to do with it" trek film

Literally every single one of the reboot films

>quaaaaaaark! you gotta help me! I accidentally this hoo-man baby! what am I gonna doooooooo?!

>>genetic engineering (even to cure blindness) is forbidden, the human form is holy and must not be tampered with
na thats ok as stated in the series. you just cant make superhumans since they would try to take their rightful place as ruler
>AI is almost always evil
the ships ai is good, data is good, the doctor is good. its ai that was poorly designed or abandoned thats bad
>>god-like beings fear and are enchanted by humanity
none of them fear humanity, they like to fuck with them. remember the olympians?

What do you expect me to do with a baby? They don't have any money.

>It's a tribble episode

>The tos blurays replaced all of the model work with cg and yet it didn't insert Bashir and O'Brien in The trouble with Tribles

Love that one. The guy who plays Dyson gives a great performance. Camp, but high on pathos.

glory to you

AND YOUR HOUUUUUUUSSSSSSEEEEE

>it's a Kirk seduces a woman then assaults her episode

>It's an "advanced aliens claim to be far superior to humanity but their only form of justice is to have the Enterprise crew battle to the death for trespassing"

>annoying beastie boys song is not just a bad trailer music choice, but an actual key plot point to the movie

It's wildly overrepresented in jew media. Sexual deviants like fags and such are a tiny minority. Normal people don't want to see that shit in movies.

>It's an alcoholic Scottishman is in charge of your engines which are basically a giant bomb episode

Fuck these guys. They had contact with the Borg years before us, but they kept silent just because no one bought that info specifically.

>cloaking device literally makes the ship invisible

>Its a from Anakin's preservative the jedi are evil but kenobi has the high-ground episode

>It takes Spock 20 years to come up with the idea of "let's track a cloaked ship by the exhaust"
>nobody ever thinks of it again

>tfw met John De Lancie and got his autograph

he was so cool

>it's an "explain the joke and the punchline to mom and it ruins the fun" episode

>Unless every character was re-written from the ground up it's still JJTrek

They pretty much were.

>preservative
Phone pôster detected

Bob O'Reilly is a cool guy. Met him at a con a few years ago, talked with for about 45 minutes over the course of 3 days.

Did you ask if Dukat did anything wrong?

>>preservative
>Phone pôster detected

Most of the people here are posting from a phone, user

>It's a Quantum Break episode

youtube.com/watch?v=YoMxNutXRuk
Finnegan. FINNEGAN!

Plenty do, stop projecting your insecurities dipshit. Moving past petty differences in race, religion, sexuality, gender and the like is literally one of the appeals of Star Trek's bright future. I don't know how the fuck morons like you think otherwise.

God damn it.

>you will never have another film that's about retarded shit like saving whales.

It only worked on that one ship because that one ship was keeping their weapons systems activated.

just watched this and the Empath last night, I'm making my way through TOS for the first time

thought these eps were kinda weak, and i'm starting to understand why season 3 has the reputation it has

fuck you Finnegan

>and i'm starting to understand why season 3 has the reputation it has

Personally, I think season three may have been the most ambitious season. Sure, it lost a lot of the behind the scenes talent that had shepherded the show through the first two seasons (Herb Solow, Gene Coon, and DC Fontana all left before the third season, Bob Justman shortly into it), and its budget was on the decline, but despite that, they aimed high, doing their most profound work tackling social issues and moral questions - and without resorting to "Earth Culture X on Planet Y", something all too common in Season 2, and I think there were more good episodes than bad, even if it began and ended with infamous installments.