How is it?

How is it?

Worth the DL?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=drarLbzqdAA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

It's good. Lin somehow made a better Trek flick than JJ. Best of 3, maybe since First Contact. Get a good copy though.

a DL is literally free how could it not be worth it, 6/10 for me, ok action flick but kinda brainless and fucking cringe at public enemy and the beastie boys in it, it's literally not a star trek film but just a sci-fi action flick.

Oh jew jew didnt direct this? im sold

>a DL is literally free how could it not be worth it

time nigger

It's okay, I'm glad I didn't pay to see it in the cinema though. I watched it alone and cringed during the ((™©Beastie Boy©™)) scenes, it would have been 100 times worse if I had to share that moment with strangers.

It's good

I turned it off halfway. Same thing with The Infiltrator just now. I think I'm just getting tired of these pleb movies.

It's good. Pegg has a much better handle on the characters than the guys JJ had write the first two did.

Through some miracle it even makes references to Star Trek Enterprise good.

directing gave me a headache it was a little too ADD

yes compared to Jew Jew, this shit with no lens flares gave me a headache twice.

some nice stuff but its migraine inducing

>I watched it alone and cringed during the ((™©Beastie Boy©™)
that scene is a love it or hate it moment

I fucking loved it and you can't call me reddit enough times to make me change my mind.

The villain was really lackluster. When will the Star Trek writers get past
>guy from another time who wants revenge on the federation for some nonsensical reason

t. reddit

Yep, it was unironically a feel good scene. I got fanboy chills watching it in the theater and i'm good w/ that. The way the music and editing work together was effective as well.

wtf now I hate that scene

"Guy from another time" is the new "Earth In Peril"

>there's a device that makes us live longer
>it's also making us turn evil and wtf now I hate the federation
>lets all forget about the machine and how it works now

its entirely a mcguffin fest and it gets kind of annoying

i liked it desu

what the fuck Cred Forums

is it babby hour right now?

this show fuckin sucked, worst of the three

I don't remember much of it. I don't remember liking it much.

You post on Cred Forums lets not pretend your time is valuable.

There are some issues with it but its better than the last one. I give the first one a bit of leeway since they managed to find an almost perfect cast for the enterprise.

The main issues are with the bad guys plan and that scotty isn't that well done. Which sucks cause i think simon pegg gets the concept of trek much better than JJ

Of the three Bay Guys From The Past I think this was probably the most interesting one

Although he spends 90% of the movie as a space monster before actually becoming that guy, so

Did the huge space city annoy anyone else? I know its 200 years from now but it seemed a little much compared to the stuff the federation had in the series.

We're Vulcans really such a drag on Starfleet?

Sorry JJ, your movies are Michael Bay tier

No, the city is space was awesome

The movies shouldn't chained by limitations that were set by 20+ year old special effects

I didn't desu

Why did it have amtrak and teleporters?

efficiency in power utilization

the starship enterprise is a military vessel, and has technology for teleportation as a military technology.

Maybe, those pools dont float by themselves.

no

youtube.com/watch?v=drarLbzqdAA

It's OK. An improvement over Into Darkness, but that's not saying much.

It's still more just a big, dumb, effects laden summer movie than a Star Trek movie, but I don't really hold out hope anymore that they ever will be.

why in the fucking hell did playing a song just make errything blow up? Who designs a military vessel that just explodes when you hit it with a basic radio frequency?

were you paying attention?

The idea was to distract the hivemind with music.
The music distracted the ship formations that were literal meters away from each other enough so that all the pilots in the hive were distracted and crashed into each other.

Give it a few years when everyone stops pretending to like nerdy stuff.

that's fucking dumb, because they ALL exploded. It wasn't just some ships knocking into each other, it was just 100% all explosion and everything dies. They would scatter if that started happening.

>it was just 100% all explosion and everything dies
except it wasn't faggot, they explode in sequence.

Why the fuck was a weapon of mass destruction being used a piece offering? The act of not having it on lockdown in some military base is a complete lapse in logic but at this point star trek movies don't seem to be about that anymore. They haven't been logical since the next gen movies, at least this movie tried progressing the characters and understood them way more than the last two. AND it actually tried acknowledging actual trek canon with all of the enterprise-era references instead of selectively ignoring it with the new timeline. And I for one like that they actually referenced modern music on star trek for once. I don't think I've seen anything more recent than jazz played in the shows (although I've only watched TNG, DS9, skimmed through VOY, and seen a few TOS episodes) due to the constant lack of budget (anyone up for a rendition of He's a Jolly Good Fellow?), and I think they handled beastie boys and public enemy in a very trek way. Scotty hears it and thinks it's just noise, the only ones who like it are Kirk and the weird alien broad who admittedly likes it for "the beats and the yelling," which to me felt like a very star trek way of poking fun at the music.

The space city actually scared the fuck out of me.
Imagine being out in the middle on nowhere, no planets or systems nearby, just floating endlessly in an endless void. The only thing separating you from eternity itself is a relatively thin pane of Space-Glass™. It's just millions of people floating around in a giant fishbowl, in the vast emptiness of space.

That's fucking terrifying to me.

>It's still more just a big, dumb, effects laden summer movie than a Star Trek movie

The only difference between Beyond and old Star Trek movies is that Beyond has a budget

Every old Star Trek movie other than The Motion Picture was an action-adventure movie, just ones that looked like dumpy shit because they starred 55 year olds and had absolutely no budget

It's scary but it's kinda like our planet when you think about it

durr meant for

Yeah, EVERYBODY blows up

Our planet is massive and anchored firmly into the gravitational passage of our system and galaxy. It's not just floating through space, it's essentially locked into one place. I'd rather be on an alien planet than a space station between systems. The idea of a rogue planet is pretty fucking awful too.

Even flying through space is scary. Being completely, incomparably untethered. Nothing tying you back to home or to your destination. You're just completely free and loose. That's terrifying to me.

this

I swear half the movie was out of focus too

>6/10
>flick

The main villain ruined it for me.