How is 2005 level CGI still allowed in a major blockbuster?

How is 2005 level CGI still allowed in a major blockbuster?

(you)

(me)

What Super Nintendo game is this?

>Barbossa's crew
>Pirate skeletons
Cool

>Davy Jones's crew
>Stuck in the ocean so long that shit starts to grow on them and they turn into weird sea creature humanoid hybrids
very fucking cool

>Blackbeards crew
>"zombies" that look like normal people with tattoos
Uh ok

>Salazar and his crew
>grey people

Is this what it looks like when a series runs out of ideas? The wispy hair thing is kind of intriguing - and so is the half-face guy... but damn it just makes me miss Davy Jones.

>its a weird variation on a pirate crew with a quirky captain episode

WHY DO THEY HAVE TO QUIP

In all fairness I'll probably see it because I like watching Bardem be a slightly unhinged villain.

This a million times, I get so fucking mad every time, you have all that tension building up and then LE QUIRKY VILLAIN QUIP X'"""DDD

>I like watching Bardem be a slightly unhinged villain
Has he ever portrayed anything else?

It's not that the CG is 'bad' per se, but rather they're using it to portray something stupid. The idea, I think, is that his body is disjointed and pieces of him are supposed to be disconnected and floating. But the end result is just confusing to look at and kind of goofy.

they're ghosts, nimrod.

you don't have to make up shit just because you don't like something. sometimes it's better to keep your thoughts to yourself than look stupid expressing them

Why would he? He does it so well.

It'll be a nice date. Grab some food with the bae then watch intro setup of characters I don't care about (minus Bardem) where Sparrow doesn't even come on screen for an hour and he makes his quirky entrance by bursting from Queen Elizabeth's bosom or something. There's a naive young lad and his love intrests and maybe she saves him at one point to score some progressive points. Fighting fighting someone dies but sparrow wins and then I'll go home and mount my girl.

Sounds like a good evening.

I really didnt want to see this but they have my man Javier Bardem in it.

(we)

(wuz)

piratez n sheet

Normie get out reeee etc

Pirates vs Avengers vs Star wars crossover when?

Pirates of the Caribean 1 is the original quip-kino.

>Shitty CGI
>That stupid 1 liner at the end that they tried to make seem funny but it just killed the tension buildup
It'd be pretty cool if they used real ships like Davy Jones' instead of CGI and stopped using tension breaking quips.

YEah, I was gutted with the "will you say that, please?"

No. We don't need epin 'humour' in the film - that's what Abrams didn't understand.

I know they're ghosts, you dunce.
I'm saying their design is far less interesting than the designs we've seen before.

Are they like half rock or something

No you didn't you fucking galook. It's evident that you're only saying that to save face you stupid nignog

Only the british care about making something that looks good

lol get btfo'd

how was that a quip, it showed he had intelligence and realized he is a zombie with black goop spilling out of his mouth as he talked and needed to rein it back in a little before he made the boy shit himself. It was completely in the vein of pirates of the carribean

(all of the people)

I wouldn't say its quippy so much as it has character driven dialogue that, because of the nature of the world and characters being a little off-kilter and necessarily weird/"quirky" the dialogue is funny. Much different than a quip, it is actual genuine humor

What? It looks great. Not as good as Davy Jones and his fish people but still great.

i really like this look of cracked paper skin. i wonder if they came up with it independently or were just copying doctor strange.

the doctor strange villains eyes were kinda disappointing, the actual eye shouldnt be visible, it should just be this abyss.

Biutiful comes to mind pretty quickly.

if there's one thing these movies do well its cgi