What's Cred Forums's views on Stranger Things?

What's Cred Forums's views on Stranger Things?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=o1LvSaxgSIQ
youtube.com/watch?v=AtcGYENakZM&t=12s
variety.com/2016/digital/news/netflix-adds-far-fewer-subscribers-than-expected-in-q2-1201816499/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

It's pretty shit.

Not that great. Everyone I've met who's watched it has said "the child actors are good!" but I felt the exact opposite. I'm eager to forget about but with the second season I guess the fanbase is going to be around for a while.

dude 80s lmae

It's great and so are the child actors
Cred Forums loved it for a day or two but then came the mainstream tsunami so now Cred Forums will claim its shit

only watched it for the hot grill

Called the plot within the first few episodes. That said I have played silent hill before. Still not a bad.

The same people that like the "friendship solves everything" guardians of the galaxy circle jerk will like love this campy series.

what a slut

Pedo show

nice meme

God damn, please tell me this is a little girl.

Cred Forums loved it but as ALWAYS weeks/months past and people start baiting with "it wasn't that good" and similar shit to get free (You)'s

It's mediocre at best.

One of the worst things about it are the child actors, though ironically most of the normies/redditors who love the show are quick to praise the performances from the children, and tout it as one of the show's better aspects. Obviously a show like this is going to be completely overrated.

I liked the sheriff. He was cool.

I'm mean yeah it wasn't that good

but it was still good

and it was fresh despite being a pastiche

It had an awesome soundtrack, but I'm honestly not surprised that Metflix is losing content and subscribers if this is the kind of shit they're throwing their money at.

Confirmed redditor who wasn't here when the show premiered.

Cred Forums was pretty split on it from the start, even since the trailers showed up. Ignoring the early praise from the obvious viral marketers/astroturfers, you could actually say that Cred Forums's opinion of the show was always pretty negative. Not surprisingly, because honestly the show isn't all that what it's hyped up to be.

I don't understand where this "it is popular now so Cred Forums hates it" mentality comes from.

great as a normal show

fantastic as a homage to 80s horror

How many times have you fapped to Miss Brown?

it was kinda weird but i liked it

i guess you could call it one of those strange things

also i thought the music was good
youtube.com/watch?v=o1LvSaxgSIQ

>Muh reddit
Lmao fuck off, I've been here when it premiered and Cred Forums was all over it

>I dont understand where this "it is popular now so Cred Forums hates it" mentality comes from.
lurk more

Cred Forums loved it until everybody else loved it, now Cred Forums hates it.
Oh right. The pedophiles still like it.

Firstly, Hebes. They were 12 and older. Secondly, there's not a person on the planet that would get turned on by that androgynous...thing?

>2016
>not falling for millie
user...

Hey Cameron

Dude, traps don't do it for me - do you REALLY think THAT thing would?

Worth a watch, pretty comfy.

It was well done. But it's strange to go from something decent like Stranger things to complete fucking garbage like Luke Cage.
WTF Netflix.

Check the archives. Check the very first threads about the show.

You can see people saying shit like "it's alright but not great", "not all what it's cracked up to be", and a laundry list of posts detailing the show's faults. You hipsters are fucking stupid.

Quit memeing, we know that you know that she is a girl

You are in denial

Normies seem to love it for some reason.

Do you think she'll grow beautiful or harsh? She seems to have a weird bone structure

Bros, not cool. Stop iiiiiiiit.

cuz its easy to grasp and it has enough pop culture references that they can identify which makes them feel like they are keen on tv and film but its all references to plebshit

pretty sure thats why

Weird bone structure? Oh, you must be talking about Gaten Matarazzo, he's the one that's not perfect

nostalgia pandering at its meh-est

no Cred Forums has to feel like it has superior taste than "normies."

if something is well liked by the mainstream then if Cred Forums likes it, they would have the same tastes as "normies" which is not acceptable.

thus they have to find reasons to dislike it. they will also never offer up a better alternative because that puts them in a position where their tastes can be questioned

It's pretty good, but after critical thought I'd say it's just ok. It's not amazing. The girl really sold it, she's a great actor. Winona was nice. Otherwise it's just not that stunning.

is that a chick?

>REEEEEEEEEEE NORMIES GET OFF MY BOARD
Stop pretending that we're in some super sekret klub, kid.

Come on user, the idea of a tomboy is pretty much dead ever since the LGBT lobby peer pressured them all to be butch lesbians.

There is something pure about a boyish girl, the fear that you're getting involved in a homosexual relation only for that moment of ecstasy learning she's a natural girl with all the parts belonging to her sex.

I mean I'm not a pedo or anything but I would like to kiss her nipples in a non-sexual manner.

i thought normies were against pedophilia

There's more than just people pointing out that the show has many things similar of films of the 80s. It has a genuinely good cast, and well done filmmaking, not sure how I can argue any further

same tbhfamilia, though a little succ and licking would be lovely too.

truth is all of us faggots are normies

the real freaks dont even know what Cred Forums is

they are too busy talking to themselves

fags on Cred Forums and Cred Forums in general want to be special snowflakes

You don't like it? Oh, okay, that's fine

well sure but im not wrong either

>There is something pure about a boyish girl
hmm...I agree with this user
>the fear that you're getting involved in a homosexual relation
okay, no

You dislike what I like so you're wrong friend

It's normie-tier garbage
Quit watching after episode 4

Whoever actually enjoys this show needs to kts

i never said i disliked it you autismo5000

and im right so eat a bad of dicks, friendo

Who cares, the show is shit

>Nothing gay about liking boyish girls
Explain how this doesn't have any homo implications.

i think the word he was looking for was Androgyny. Androgyny is hot, and Millie looks very androgynous with the short hair.

It was a comfy show with some very strong performances.

I'm right douchebag

>being so autistic and retarded that you cant realize when someone is agreeing with you and just assume that they oppose you because everyone always thinks your ideas are fucking dumb

damn son

This this this.

Because butch dykes can be considered "masculine" but they're ugly as fuck. Androgyny taps into masculine and feminine to create a thing of beauty.

I agree with you

I'm still right

yea so am i you dumbass

i never said you were wrong

>inb4: ebin troll

I'm right

youre autistic

What are you talking about?

dude you were right LOL he really is a retard trying to pretend like he was trolling

fuck that idiot

are these pics appropriate for a girl her age?

What are you talking about?

your

>There is something pure about a boyish girl
It's simply the fact that she didn't fall for the "wear slut gear in public and flaunt your body 24/7" meme, meaning she probably has some self-respect, doesn't just want to be seen as a "sexy" girl, has some modesty and knows how to dress for the occasion, is more interesting inside (humor, hobbies, interests, personality, voice) than outside (tits, ass, hair, etc.), and just generally has a real, working brain inside her skull, full of thoughts and everything! The tomboy looks like the girl you could be lovers AND friends with, the kind of person you could talk about anything to, and nothing would go over her head, or she'd at least engage in it, just generally the most likely person you could imagine spending every day with, moreso than any other example of a mate pertaining to your sexual preference.

But too soon are they are swayed by peer pressure, or boyfriends who teach them shame and self-consciousness, or parents and families who want them to be "like a proper girl". That's why you almost never see tomboys during/after high school. That part of girls often gets stomped down, because at the end of the day, it feels better to be accepted by the people around you than to be shunned by them but true to yourself.

So basically, if you want a tomboy waifu, you have to get her when you're young, when she's young. You have to get her as a kid and keep her all through teenagehood into adulthood when her personality will finally be set and flourish.

You have to protect that smile and pixie cut Cred Forums, or they'll get lost, like so many others, trapped in the world of memory...

No, you are autistic.

this show need more A E S T H E T I C S
youtube.com/watch?v=AtcGYENakZM&t=12s

Sappy crap for manchildren and pedos

>hur dur i dont like it and its bad

Its allright. I like it, its entertaining and good fun, but the wrtiting is wonky to say the least.
The child actors are ok at best. The lead kid is terrible though, I dont understand why people praise him so much. When he thought his best friend was dead he seemed more annoyed than devastated, and his acting comes complete with "acting hands". 11 is ok too then agin all she does is stare. Dustin is the best of the three.

Winona's overacring was annoying as fuck. I never felt sympathy for her.

Then there are the plot holes that are big enough you can drive a truck theough them:

how did everything went back to normal in the season finale. I mean there *are* about 20 dead mangeled bodies lying around the middle school and the walls are riddled with bullet holes and claw marks.

In a span of a few weeks there were three disappearances in which two were fatalities. Not to mention the "whoops, guess what towns people, im not dead after all!". How the fuck do they explain the will's "dead" body found at the quarry now that he's alive and well to the rest of the towm who dont know what really happened?

It was a bit too easy for the small town sheriff to sneak inside a top secret government lab.

I hope they improve the writing on season 2.

Something i really liked was how the jock's character actually evolved instead of being the cliche 80's jock asshole #2376.

My ex likes it so I have to hate it so it won't remind me of her ;_;

>It was a bit too easy for the small town sheriff to sneak inside a top secret government lab.
thats the most unrealistic thing that stuck out in your mind?
not the girl with telekinesis? or the giant monster with a face made of teeth?

Yes.

Its a science fiction show, im not srguimg with the science fiction aspect. I am, however, arguing about how well they introduced that science fixtion element to the normal life aspect they try to instill on you when the show starts. After all, its just something very strange happening on good ol bumfuck town USA

well dude if you recall it wasnt really a top secret base

it was a building used by "the department of energy" so it mightve has some electric fencing and cameras

not like landmines and german shepherds

and i wouldnt call this a science fiction show

its horror

its a horror show

Your ex is a dirty cunt. Work out and do drugs. It'll be okay.

horror mystery, in the vein of stephan king

>and i wouldnt call this a science fiction show
>
>its horror
>
>its a horror show

not really desu famalam

damn great point, jamal

The performances were all of high quality, but special mention should go to Finn Wolfhard.

okay, you sound like the elliot rodgers of pedophiles. im not even joking, god damn dude. you sound fucking crazy.

>The tomboy looks like the girl you could be lovers AND friends
>So basically, if you want a tomboy waifu, you have to get her when you're young, when she's young. You have to get her as a kid and keep her all through teenagehood
jesus christ man.

Mark my words, any goodwill this show earned with season 1 will be fucking vaporized with the season 2 nobody asked for or planned for. Shoulda been a miniseries.

Also it's annoying that the only reason it's so popular on Cred Forums is the pedobait aspect. Even the faggotry in Mr. Robot threads is more bearable than the Stranger Things threads.

His surname is the instructions to his anus.

>only reason it's so popular on Cred Forums is the pedobait aspect
but its popular among normies. its just a really, really popular show rn, so ofcourse its gonna get talked about on Cred Forums, everything popular is.

>he watches mr. normie

Hi-yo!

Great take here, classic work.

Not after S2.

He's not wrong.

Comfy enjoyable show although pretty overrated.

This is uncalled-for.

Says who? I thought the reason they were losing content was because everyone else has suddenly realized how big streaming is so they are keeping their content instead of licensing it out and making their own apps. It's a shitty situation all round because now the biggest appeal of netflix, everything being on one app is disappearing.

As for losing subscribers, again, what? variety.com/2016/digital/news/netflix-adds-far-fewer-subscribers-than-expected-in-q2-1201816499/

They aren't losing subscribers, their just adding new ones slower than they thought they would. Huge difference there.

I do wonder how long the competitors are gonna keep it up before they realize they can't compete.

>already having sex in S1
>not a normie