This guy at 3:15:25 in the video sums up my main problem with The Force Awakens:

This guy at 3:15:25 in the video sums up my main problem with The Force Awakens:

>"When I watched Force Awakens, they said that Luke had established a Jedi Academy. There was a revolt in the Jedi Academy. His students were seduced by the dark side. They turned on him. There was all kind of battles and stuff. Luke went into exile. Why the fuck didn't they show any of that shit? That would have made this movie the best/greatest Star Wars movie of all fucking time if they had actually shown Luke establishing a Jedi Academy, training with his students and then having a fight between the Jedi and the Sith in the same fucking movie. That would have been fucking awesome."
youtube.com/watch?v=6nT6ccfovUs

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=C-hFh35U3go
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>tfw they're setting it up for prequels.

also the actors aged... can't really have an entire film in the past.

but then you'd be saying

>THAT SCENE WITH LUKE FIGHTING THE DARK JEDI WAS POINTLESS TO THE PLOT.

you don't know how much they cut out that was pointless to the plot and that was the least of it... leia and the little orange bitches backstory was cut, not to mention the BB-8 minigame.

Some more problems:
>Since when do lightsabers give people visions of the past?

>What happened to Leia's Jedi training? You saying that she became a General instead and didn't bother even though Luke told her that she would become a Jedi at the end of Return of the Jedi?

>JJ blowing up Starkiller Base was such a terrible decision when instead he could have let the Rebels lose and then Finn, Rey have to go back to Starkiller Base next movie and explore more of the surface environments and try to find another way to destroy it (it's a big fucking planet and we could have gotten a "Halo Ring" from the Halo game type of thing with many environments

>Rey being a Mary Sue of course

>tfw they're setting it up for prequels.
No joke, JJ said he wants to make a Kylo Ren prequel movie.

Why the fuck didn't he just have the Kylo backstory and Luke's Jedi temple in this movie?

You could have done a 20 minute prologue with this backstory THEN jump to 10 or so years in the future.

Maz would have been better if she wasn't so fucking pointless

>"How did you get this lightsaber?"
>"That is another question for another time"
THE FUCK JJ?

Lots of great deleted scenes were cut. TFA was just way too rushed and fast paced for me.

It definitely needed more backstory and characterizations.

>inb4 user who hails the prequels as the best thing ever
Lucas made a mistake of cutting out the "roger roger" episode 3 deleted scene. Even though it was a bit cheesy, it helped show that Obi and Anakin were good friends who joked around whereas there are hardly many scenes in the prequels that really show their relationship that much.

1:11 is the deleted scene I am talking about
youtube.com/watch?v=C-hFh35U3go

That was Lucas' actual plan for the movie. Disney said fuck off. Kek.

Is a 4 hour review? Thats sick

Truth be told, the worest part of TFA is that it was too short at like a 3 hours run time

BRAVO JJ

You suck because your movies are to short?

WHAT DO YOU FUCKING THINK THIS IS LOST

JUST STICK TO THE 90 MINUTE FLICKS, NO ONE WANTS TO HEAR ABOUT YOUR LUSH FUCKING VIBRANT AND INTERESTING STORIES

BE MORE LIKE BVS AND JUST HAVE ACTION WITH ONE LINERS TO RESOLVE MAJOR PLOT CRITICAL MORAL AND CHARACTER BASED POINTS

HAVE YOU LEARNED NOTHING

every. fucking. time.

They want to make a great movie that will last the tests of time, and don't realize IT'S JUST A FUCKING PAYCHECK, DO THE JOB, GET THE MONEY, MOVE ON

we're gonna see all your movies regardless of how great they are or how perfect they make characters seem realistic.

So honesty time

I was reading shit on tfa starting in december of 2014, surprisingly most of that stuff ended up being accurate, "new sith obsessed with vader, yadayada yada"

So I was STOKED on tfa, I was reading spoilers left and right and it sounded good

unfortunately most of the stuff I was reading was about "VI.5" (what happened between rotj and tfa) so basically what I learned was that what I was reading was the preamble to tfa. so I think han raising a kid that gets seduced to the dark side and then massacres lukes academy sounds dope as fuck. I also thought snoke wasn't gonna look gay as shit I thought he was gonna look like pic related

the knights of ren sounded so cool and they were in the movie for 15 seconds,

but now what we have is I have to see VIII because I need to know what happened, but I know the rest of the movies are going to suck, so I'm just going to be furious as these movies are slowly released over the next 6 years

ugh Cred Forums what do

sorry for autism

Call me a nitpicking faggot but why is it that every time something goes wrong the most powerful Jedi just go into hiding? I mean they actually could do something to prevent shit from going south.

>That was Lucas' actual plan for the movie.

Source?

What the fuck are you talking about.

>JJ blowing up Starkiller

I don't even want to see the new ones after this. I thought for sure there would be some cool twist.

NOPE JUST ANOTHER HOLE WE FLY INTO AND SHOOT MISSILES FOR MASSIVE DAMAGE.

OH BUT GOOD THING THEY PUT A CAP ON IT THIS TIME.

My main problem was the fact that we're back to a rag tag group of 8 x-wings blowing up the Death St- I mean big ass NOT Death Star.

I fucking hated how they destroyed the rebel planets, I was looking forward to there actually being some progression the story and and a new government rising up to fight the Empire, but nope, lets just fucking destroy them all.

no it's four hours of reviews

oh, it's like a millennial complation

Can we finally agree that any of the EU stuff was better than the crap that we got?

This

Makes me sick that people are fine with this and call it an homage when their are normalfags who think it was lazy just doing the same shit again.

Exactly this. How the fuck are they STILL the rebels after they blew up the emperor?

wait for the prequel/read the book/comic etc

Fuck off

The problem with the "homage" too is it was all kind of a throw away. In the original SW its all about the death star, destroying it and the end of the movie focuses on the tension of this dog fight.

In TFA its a fairly quickly added subplot. And it distracts from the main plot. The x-wings flying around "woo!!! yea!" It was lazy, it didnt so little for the story and movie could be better without it.

They didn't show enough backstory of what the hell happened since Jedi

>"That would have been fucking awesome."

This is like the idea of seeing yoda fight. Just because you want to see something doesn't mean it should be in the movie. The setting of your movie is a massive fucking decision. You can't place it in a different time period just because you want action scene X.

But you probably should think about rewinding your setting if you feel that your backstory is more interesting than the main story. Considering I didn't give a fuck about anything that was going on in TFA, and I wanted to know how this predicament started, TFA was probably a good candidate.

Then again, the backstory was probably only interesting because they didn't explain jack shit. I bet the revelations in the next two movies won't live up to the mystery.

Do you think /sci/ has the same problem Cred Forums has.

>plebs that shit on TFA like it's some cool new thing
>plebs that shit on scientific notation because mathfags find it too impure

>>JJ blowing up Starkiller Base was such a terrible decision when instead he could have let the Rebels lose and then Finn, Rey have to go back to Starkiller Base next movie and explore more of the surface environments and try to find another way to destroy it (it's a big fucking planet and we could have gotten a "Halo Ring" from the Halo game type of thing with many environments

Destroying the superweapon/main base and saving the galaxy had been done in 3/6 star wars movies. They should have fucked off with it entirely.

Also leaving it intact is less cliche, but this movie saves almost everything for the next two sequels, we didn't get any satisfaction of substance in the first movie. Did you want to add the starkiller to that list? Did we want something that's a terrible idea to begin with to linger around for more movies? It's really depressing, but the most optimistic point about the next movie is they have to move on to new things because they've already rehashed everything in TFA.

>I thought for sure there would be some cool twist.

This is how you fuck yourself into a wasted ticket price and 2 hours

I assumed the death star 3.0 and black space wizard with a red lightsaber were a bait and switch, because honestly, these things sound like a joke you would crack in the drawing room. No one would seriously put these things in the next star wars movies exactly as they've been in the past. Is this fan fiction?

who cares about this gay ass shit? fuck star wars, might as well be twilight or hunger games, same shit, or Divergent, that's what I felt I was watching during that movie (Divergent)

>I was looking forward to there actually being some progression the story and and a new government rising up to fight the Empire, but nope, lets just fucking destroy them all.

It's so clear to me now how stupid it is. They were remaking the first movie, but the problem was the republic would be large and the empire was defeated. The solution? Make the republic's entire navy a single squadron with no explanation, and give the empire another death star, who cares how they built it, and blow up the whole republic in the span of 30 seconds just to get back to square one.

There's an easier way to do that. Actually remake the movie instead of making a fake sequel.

>I thought for sure there would be some cool twist.
Oh don't worry... the force tree shall be the most bizarre plot twist in a star wars film ever

i hope it turns out to be true
it would be the final nail in the franchises coffin

That would've been dumb. The idea that the Jedi basically kidnap a bunch of kids and basically indoctrinate them as Jedi since childhood and place them into an academy where they train with big helmets was stupid. It would just be a massive lightsaber fest where there are so many lightsabers it becomes dull and boring, like the Clone Wars.

The first two are just pointless nitpicks. There's nothing in the movie literally suggesting that lightsabers have the power to allow you to look in the past, she was just experiencing deja vu by seeing something familiar. Leia's Jedi training didn't have to be elaborated on because she wasn't the focus of the movie.

The Episode 8 leak plot twist is supposedly that Rey is a reincarnation of some young girl who was killed by a young boy millions of years ago beside the force tree and that created the dark side whilst the young girl's soul became very gifted and Rey is that prophecy whilst the prophecy of Anakin was a mistake and it was Rey all along to bring balance to the force[/spoiler

why

>THAT WENT SOUTH SO FAST
>WENT SOUTH
>HEY BRO LET'S FUCK EACH OTHER IN THE ASS IN THE LOCKER ROOM TONIGHT AND PLAY XBOX ONE TOGETHER BEFORE THIS THING GOES SOUTH

Cringeworthy

>You could have done a 20 minute prologue with this backstory THEN jump to 10 or so years in the future.
You couldn't. All Star Wars movies have taken place within a small period of time out of the overarching story.
Look at the jumps in time between Empire and Return, Luke completely changed as a character, he was more like the Jedi that Yoda wanted him to become, instead of a reckless kid who wanted to save his friends.
I think they could have easily made a movie out of this storyline but it wouldn't fit with Star Wars to have a huge time gap in one episode.

Jesus Christ, and people thought midichlorians were bad

So this is how SW ends?

Ideally Lucas should have squashed Phantom Menace down into a 30 minutes short film, and then had stretched Episode 2 and 3 into a whole trilogy.

Seeing as they threw away the entirety of the EU, why didn't they have the backstory set 30 years after RotJ? They weren't bound by some storyline, they could have made it anything they wanted.

>also the actors aged... can't really have an entire film in the past.
But look at what Disney is doing with Marvel and aging down actors. We could have Star Wars films with the same actors until the end of time thanks to the magic of computers.

cool