In all seriousness, this thing was a pretty well edited documentary. Mike's work behind the desk is pretty good

In all seriousness, this thing was a pretty well edited documentary. Mike's work behind the desk is pretty good

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/7LFsN
starwarsringtheory.com/ring-composition-chiasmus-hidden-artistry-star-wars-prequels/6/
youtube.com/watch?v=miVRaoR_8xQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

No it isn't.

except that it is

Problem was he didn't squeeze any gats. They were all blanks.

I'll never except that.

>first 45 minutes are a dragging borefest where Mike rambles about some retarded fan theory he heard
Yeah thrilling stuff

He should have cut the ring theory crap way down and expanded on how JJ is a hack.

I thought it was fine and was a nice jab at the Reddit/YouTube/tumblr armchair film critic intellectuals who really don't get enough shit for being hacks

>Do as I say, not as I do.

Mike is a hypocritical faggot.

accept that they don't really do what he does

you're an idiot

Darth Maul>Gaylo Ren

Lelz

>only I am allowed to do comedic movie reviews

>my poorly thought out clickbait garbage is just like plinkett! I even do the voice!

Cred Forums triggered af

>Every review that isn't plinkett is clickbait.

Yes. Especially that prick Chris Stuckmann.

RLM is dead, no way that anyone at this point will go against the PC circlejerk, it's career suicide.

James is the perfect example, a normal dude saying "I won't watch a film" gets fucking crucified for not being a good ally.

kms, and fuck RLM they are utter reddit shit that only make videos that reflect their pleb audience opinion

>I thought it was fine and was a nice jab at the Reddit/YouTube/tumblr armchair film critic intellectuals who really don't get enough shit for being hacks

And instead of showing us how its done, he willfully ignores TFA as a movie and bitches about the production instead. I learned a lot more about TFA watching those youtube hacks than from mike and his ring theory sperging. RLM sucks now. Mike can't shit on people when he himself is at his lowest point.

ITT: Salty youtubers

did you even watch RLM review of nuBusters

they said it was a horrible unfunny pile of crap, and made fun of feminists all the way through

Cred Forums prequellists btfo like hiroshima, so that's a good thing.

ITT: Cred Forumsidyafags confuse people they vicariously """""""""""experience""""""""""" games/movies/food through are an actual form of television or film

I don't care what anyone says, the fan repair company being called "JJ's Fanservice" was brilliant.

very good video but he should have put in the darth jar jar theory as the icing on the shitcake

>"The Star Wars Awakens Review"
>literally a review about the rebirth of Star Wars

I'm sorry user that RLM's video doesn't match with whatever entitled schizophrenic imagination you had in mind.

Mike made a joke about how black people are criminals in the review though.
>Cred Forumsautists in charge of living in reality

You should see the AVclub article about them. Salty as fuck that they got called out on Mike's video and even their own commenters call them out on it.

link?

archive.is/7LFsN

>darwinkilledgod
>commenting on a youtube video seriously

how do you become like this

>that longest comment addresses Plinkett as an actual person
wtf

It was way too fucking long and I lost interest after 15 minutes

Are RLM finally /ourguy/s?

this

half the video was wasted on that nonsense

It was well done, but omfg, at this point it seems like theyre trying to be contrarian. Sure TFA wasnt a good movie, but it didnt suck, it was intended for a wide range of audience like the originals, which were also not "amazing". It's as if you guys havent understood that blockbusters arent supposed to be amazing.

Also, wtf did mike actually say that he created movie reviews on youtube?!?! And then he took a jab at all the channels (my fav was cinema crimes, the one i got butthurt was your movies suck dick)

normies who watch pewdiepies can't imagine that someone can act and not a real person

Salt mine.

Jesus christ these people are fucking retarded faggots.

Mike has always been our guy. Go back and watch the first wheel of the worst.

Everyone else votes that the nudie prank show should get destroyed, but mike is adamant that the dumb hippy pregnant dancing video deserved it more.

white males need to die out

So what?? They're entirely right, already signed a complaint about it to youtube stuff, hope they will delete the video because its hatred towards white people

You need to be 18 to post here, samefriend

>RLM
>right wingers

I love this meme. They're probably on the left side of the spectrum, just generally sick of the PC culture.

another win for Cred Forums!

>when a film has a agenda it becomes corrupted
Lmao are all Reddit letter media cucks this uneducated

That feel when in nowadays a lots of leftists turn 360 degree away from left movement because of sjw

He sure gave it to cinema smegma.

So tell me, just from the movie he was in, what's his personality?

He wants revenge on the Jedi? For reasons?

He's athletic, right? I'm sure that's a personality trait.

Face it, he's the Boba Fett of the prequels. He looks cool but is fucking useless. At his peak, he killed someone who had no right to be in those movies anyway. Pic related.

It's his best critique, but also the least funny Plinkett review. Personally, I'm more interested in the critique at this point.

I'm glad Mike had the sense to do something different as opposed to just giving everyone what they were expecting. If it was any other online 'reviewer', Jahns, Stuckmann, Schmoes, etc, they would have just dont whats already a proven success. It's nice that there's one channel that actually tries something different with their big show

Maul is a video game villain. He appears out of nowhere and without much backstory so you could have a cool and challenging fight in the end. Works for video games, not so much for a movie.

Seeing the prequel apologists get BTFO all over again was nice.

>(((white slavers)))

what is this fucking word salad

It was shit. It wasn't funny. The skits were shit too.

He spent 30 minutes talking about a theory then another 30 about how he could have written TFA to be a better movie. The rest of the time was spent on him jerking off to the thought his Plinket reviews are the reason TFA turned out to be not like the prequels and then shitting on people who defended prequels.

It wasn't a proper Plinkett review, Mike is a huge hack.

Then he apologized immediately after with some forced Plinketism that showed he had no confidence in the joke.

I found that joke a lot funnier than the race joke.

Maul is stoic, angry, focused, yet impulsive.
He doesnt say anything because hes literally a phantom an assassin, he has one purpose - kill jedi.
Guy doesnt need to be characterized any more other than being mysterious and threatening.

Maul is nihilistic with a wicked sense of humour. There's a reason everyone liked him.

The whole thing is about Star Wars in general in today's climate. Even the title of the clip reflects this. It's not their fault you're an illiterate fuckwit making assumptions on what other people should provide you with in their spare time.

I'm glad to see Mike finally accepted the intellectual's sex fetish of Cuckolding.

>all wfbm couples are cuckolding, even if the girl is never shown as being with or interested in any other male

DIVERSITY IS GREAT BUT STOP SHOVING DIVERSITY DOWN MY THROAT BUT ITS GREAT I LOVE OTHER RACES AND WOMEN AND REY NEEDS THE BBC

wtf was his point

that it doesnt matter what race someone is in a sci-fi movie, a highly highly illegal concept that will get you targeted for assassination by both SJWs and alt-right retards

RLM is a hypocrite though. Talks shit about other armchair movie critics while being one himself. This dude is a total neckbeard as well and and acts like he doesn't give a shit as a defense mechanism for being a huge fucking loser.
>50 mins in
Still hasn't mentioned TFA. And when he finally does, he literally defends the prequels which he previously has dissed in order to talk shit about the newest kid on the block.
It's getting pathetic m8. Not even good trolling anymore.

if it doesn't matter

why did he keep saying how great it is

>RLM is a hypocrite though. Talks shit about other armchair movie critics while being one himself
nice bait.

he isn't one?

So basically, Boba Fett. Also how can you be stoic, yet impulsive?
oh u

Did you even watch the video? He was in an armchair the whole time.

look we got it, your joke is that you're pretending you didn't understand his very obvious bit there.
it was a nice attempt but we could never believe anyone would be that oblivious.

The editing is half of what makes RLM videos so good. That's why that shitty Pinkett rip-off that some people here keep shilling doesn't work. The editing is off

>Generic stock music instead of smooth hip hop stock music
Why'd they do that? They forgot the Plinkett aesthetic.
It was occasionally boring, especially the whole ring theory tangent. Who cares about that?

how can you not be an armchair movie critic?

squat?

pretty shit tbqh. Literally defended TFA garbage and made some shit plot proposals

not to mention the first fucking half of the video where he doesn't even bother arguing against the articles, he just repeats what they said in a dumb voice.

>Talks shit about other armchair movie critics while being one himself.
Wasn't that the joke?
>he literally defends the prequels
Timestamp? Seems like every time he mentioned them, it was to shit on them again.

In a pre-rec stream Rich and Jack adressed that article and said they were pretty diverse when it came to political opinions. I'm guessing at leats one of them leans to the right. Probably Mike

>It's getting pathetic m8. Not even good trolling anymore.

He got you good though desu. By the looks of things he got everyone good, he managed to piss off both the SJWs and the neo-nazi basement virgins with the same argument. Hopefully this starts clearing the cancer in their comment sections for future videos.

Moot did say it was the thinking man's fetish

Listen m8. He tries to come off as a person with a lot of self irony. However, it's just a defense mechanism. Him being in an armchair suddenly doesn't validate any of his armchairs because "I accept who I am.." etc.

not enough mid-sentence cuts 2bh

but it was such a dumb point
>Diversity is great but if you put it in the movie I'm going to complain about it

"at least they were original" or some shit like that

RLMIDF at it I see

The only thing dumb here is you if that's literally all you took from what they said.

Loved the movie. But why didn't Rey suck on Finn's big black dingus? It really brings the overall rating down. I would've given it a 10/10, but the lack of cuckold fantasy fulfillment brings it to an 8/10.

he's technically not even an armchair critic anyway because he has actually made movies that have made money (even if they're terrible, which they regularly admit).
The term armchair philosopher which is being re-purposed here just means an amateur who is framing an informal discussion like they have any qualification at all.

It Star Wars ffs, Darth Maul is evil and that's all you need. What's Sheev's personality in the ot besides that's he wants to kill all jedis and rule the galaxy. At least Darth Maul has an intimidating presence unlike that faggot Ren where you can't stop laughing at him every time he's onscreen.

>haha reddit is conservative
Are you just pretending to be retarded?

enlighten me about the deep point he made that was more than just "diversity is executive pandering!!!1"

Can someone explain why everyone is freaking out so much over a single youtube video? There are literally tons of reviews of the star wars movies.

How am I supposed to argue against a point that they didn't make?

then what fucking point did they make dumbshit

>>Diversity is great but if you put it in the movie I'm going to complain about it

Point me to the part in the video where Mike says this.

You're literally avoiding my question you stupid shit

what was the point of the rant about diversity?

I can always tell when Mike edited a video because the editing is actually funny. Jay is good too.

Jack's are the worst. He leaves an extra half second between shots and his videos feel slow and shitty.

Reddit is conservative just like Cred Forums
You're not original or special

So you haven't watched the video then. I should have known, this is Cred Forumsmblr after all.

And he's an amateur himself even though he admits it? The fact is that he shouldn't be validated just because he doesn't take himself seriously (which he kinda does, but it's his way of swaying his retarded audience that doesn't see through this obviousness)

thanks for admitting I was right by completely avoiding the question. But in future please don't waste people's time like this, it's quite rude.

>Reddit is conservative just like Cred Forums
what in the blue fuck are you talking about?

You can tell which videos Jack edits because he only edits Pre Rec videos and Mike and Jay are smart enough to keep him far, far away from their other content.

>Middle aged white male who started and owns his own business

If you got 1000 of this demographic finding someone who is on the left half of the spectrum would be like playing where's wally

*your

>pretending he doesn't post on /r/the_ronald

I'm sure theres a good reason you have intricate knowledge of the reddit boards

He hardly talked about force awakens at all
and when he did it wasn't about the plot

>i only browse Cred Forums and have no idea what happens on the rest of the internet

actually wait, i'd probably believe that.

>redditor mad at being called out

you have to go back

Hey, I'm going to review a thing! But first, let me spend an hour making the weakest arguments ever against stupid things idiots said on the Internet, wherein I don't even reach any conclusions beyond "well they're sort of right but not really because I don't feel like it's right."

Have I gotten all that out of the way? Alright, let me breeze past the movie instead of nitpicking every minor detail like I used to and instead talk about my feelings about the franchise as a whole and waffle again without reaching any sort of real conclusion.

Well that's my review remember if you don't like my review you're a millennial (ignore that I, too, am a millennial).

The video isn't called "The Force Awakens review." That's not the focus of it.

>Well that's my review remember if you don't like my review you're a millennial (ignore that I, too, am a millennial).
The Plinkett character is over 100 years old, genius.

>implying him ripping apart the ring theory wasn't great

>you will never have a poncho so comfy it makes your head shrink

Which is why it's shit.

The video lacks focus and winds up being an incoherent mess of ideas rather than a singular vision. It goes in all these different directions yet never really goes anywhere at all with all its tangents.

Compare that to their other reviews, where they go off on all these different things, but they all tie together to a conclusion.

This Plinkett video objectively sucks and if you liked it, you are wrong.

>check out my oldfag reaction image

image macros are the height of cancer

>bane
>oldfag

how fucking new are you?

Who the hell is Moot?

>he's not even pretending

Fresh off the boat, from reddit, kid? heh I remember when I was just like you. Braindead. Lemme give you a tip so you can make it in this cyber sanctuary: never make jokes like that. You got no reputation here, you got no name, you got jackshit here. It's survival of the fittest and you ain't gonna survive long on Cred Forums by saying stupid jokes that your little hugbox cuntsucking reddit friends would upboat. None of that here. You don't upboat. You don't downboat. This ain't reddit, kid. This is Cred Forums. We have REAL intellectual discussion, something I don't think you're all that familiar with. You don't like it, you can hit the bricks on over to imgur, you daily show watching son of a bitch. I hope you don't tho. I hope you stay here and learn our ways. Things are different here, unlike any other place that the light of internet pop culture reaches. You can be anything here. Me ? heh, I'm a judge.. this place.... this place has a lot to offer... heh you'll see, kid . . . that is if you can handle it...

>I'll never except that.
>except

The video does have focus though: where Star Wars has gone since the prequels ended. I can't help but notice the irony in you complaining that this new video isn't exactly the same thing as the older videos.

>accepted

>The video does have a focus though
No, it really doesn't. The topic of "where Star Wars has gone since the prequels ended" is so vague and nebulous that it absolutely lacks focus, and the video itself never reaches any conclusive statement about where Star Wars has gone. Hence, instead of being a cohesive, coherent vision (like the other reviews), it's a big, useless mess that spends hours to say nothing at all.

>irony
That's not irony at all.

sick one dude

There's a very clear narrative throughline of the video though.
>Plinkett reviewed the prequels
>Tons of internet critics popped up afterwards to rip off Plinkett's style and explain what they want from a Star Wars movie
>Lucas sells Star Wars to Disney
>Disney does their best to do exactly what Plinkett and other vocal youtube critics want from Star Wars
>Force Awakens is the result
There are some side tangents here and t here, but that's always been the case with the Plinkett reviews

>A black guy that refuses to shoot his gun. Now that's some sci-fiction
My fav quote

>heh I remember when I was just like you
Been here since before reddit was even a thing

Not him user, but that's clearly a shitty pasta.

>Mike walks into a Film 101 class that he was invited to talk at
>Starts taking questions
>White guy with a RLM shirt asks which Italian neorealist director Mike likes best, "I personally like the films of Roberto Rossellini and his influence in the subsequent French New Wave art form."
>Mike gets visibly angry
>"Listen as a white male sometimes you need to shut the fuck up and let minorities speak"
>"You back there" He points to the pitch black man on his Iphone not paying attention
>"I would love to here an opinion from a proud Nubian man like yourself."
>Black guy wipes his lips and shrugs
>"Well I dunno, I mean you think them DC movies can get good an shit?"
>Mike smiles and starts clapping
>"What a wonderful mundane but interesting question."
>He turns to the white guy from before
>"You see that question is real you pale limp dicked fuck, take you college phony film degree and fuck off with your bullshit philosophies."
>White guy starts crying and runs out
>"Finally" mike says "Maybe the rest of you fucking white males should leave as well"
>The white guys look at their teacher
>She shrugs and says "Well you are evil white men"
>They quickly leave with their heads down
>"Now that thats over with lets get down to the real fun!"
>Mike instructs the white women to take off their pants and bend over the front of their desks
>They do so happily
>"Now will all the WELL HUNG BLACK DINGUSES please show these white ladies what real men can do!"
>The Black guys start fucking the white women like theres no tomorrow
>Mike starts jerking off in one hand and filming in the other

>Film 101 class that he was invited to talk at
this has never happened. your post is lies.

>I made prequel reviews and everyone ripped me off
>Conspiracy theory about how Disney paid to get people to say the prequels were good
>The prequels aren't even good guise!!1! and I'm going to make half-assed arguments against strawmen arguments even though ring theory is rightly retarded and could be easily torn apart
>Now let me make rambling points about how I have mixed emotions about Star Wars wherein nothing of any substance is ever said and nothing is reviewed in this review

It's a mess. It's a joke.

Where's the review?

>It's a joke.
These comedy videos are a joke? What a brilliant observation.

>I made prequel reviews and everyone ripped me off
This part was probably the worst because these bozos are pretending they invented reviewing shit online when they were honestly pretty late to the game.

I get it

>comedy video
Yeah, man, "I fuck my cats to death" is a real knee-slapper.

How's middle school treating you, champ?

>shilling

this

except that it isn't

Yeah, lines like that work alot better when taken dead seriously.

>"review"
>doesn't review anything
>"comedy"
>isn't funny at all

So how is this video not a complete, abject failure exactly?

wow, very impressive paragraph. did u just rite it lmao XD?

You don't get to decide what the intent was purely based on the fact that you don't identify it as such.

Because he does review multiple things: the SW ring theory, cinematic universes, TFA, etc. And comedy is subjective.

But I guess you didn't personally like it so its objectively bad.

>Spends 50 minutes complaining about the prequels
Why do people like RedditLetterMedia again?

Because prequelfags deserve everything they get

I never spoke on their intent, just the results.

If they intended to be funny and to review something, then that just means they failed to achieve what they intended.

According to you.

ring theory is very popular among star wars fans and he brings it up so that people with half a brain would realize that after when he's praising TFA he's being ironic

You're pretty dense desu

>the SW ring theory
This isn't reviewed. They unconvincingly argue that it's wrong through a series of strawmen.

>cinematic universes
They bring this up in passing and don't review them. In fact, all they really say is that cinematic universes are now a thing.

>TFA
It doesn't get reviewed.

Your list does point out how scatterbrained and disjointed the video is, though.

>subjective
If you want to disagree and say you thought it was funny, say that. Describe what you thought was funny about it and why you found it funny. Don't play this "subjective" bullshit.

But the truth is their "humor" is "I'm an edgy 14 year old" level. AKA not funny.

Prove me wrong.

I think we should crown him as the new King Cuck

>But I guess you didn't personally like it so its objectively bad.
Yes, the prequels are objectively bad because I don't like them.

Then why do you watch them?

You can't "prove" subjectivity you fucking retard.

>"I can't prove my argument"
Okay. Then we're done talking.

Am I supposed to prove that your opinion is subjective?

You can explain why you found something funny, at the very least. But I guess you're just a big quitter.

>And that man's name was....Albert Einstein

I don't know what I've said that you disagree with, just that you think saying "opinions are subjective" is some kind of checkmate when it's really the stupidest thing you can say.

The argument isn't about who found it funny or not, it's about whether it's a comedy review or not, which it obviously is to anyone who doesn't possess a neurodevelopmental disorder.

I disagree with you equating the fact that you were not entertained with it not being comedic.

Why is Trump bad under the pro-Clinton umbrella? Shouldn't only positive articles on Clinton fall under that category? Or is the position that anti-Trump is inherently pro-Clinton?

it's funny because mike's a racist

I didn't laugh once throughout the entire thing

I pointed out a joke that I felt reflected the humor of the video: "I fuck my cats to death."

This kind of "joke" is "edgy humor." The way it works is that it's supposed to shock a laugh out of you: you laugh because you "can't believe they said it." It's the same as those "dead baby jokes." You sort of have to be a 14 year old kid to laugh at this kind of thing (because you've typically heard all those jokes by the time you finish high school, thus they lose their edge when you can believe they said that because you've heard similar or worse), hence me saying "it's not funny" because it really isn't to the majority of the adults who watched it.

My opinion is subjective, sure, but the reasons I have for holding my opinion really aren't and are grounded in fact and logic.

k

>it's a comedy review
A comedy review that isn't funny and doesn't review anything at all, meaning it's bad in that regard.

The INTENTION of the video is comedy, wether you find the results personally funny or not. You're a fucking retard.

>look everybody, I;m only pretending to be retarded.

And? I didn't say it wasn't a comedy, just that it's an unfunny comedy, which means it's bad.

I may be retarded, but even I understand this fundamental statement. Why can't you?

You can't think of one anti-Clinton story that they could possibly run with? I think the lack of anti-Clinton stories is a good enough indication of the mod censorship on Reddit. Anybody who can look at that and see it as objective is either a retard or a ctr shill.

>"the INTENTION of this is sandwich, whether you find the result delicious or not"

>DUDE FUCKING CATS TO DEATH
>DUDE DIARRHEA
>DUDE PIZZA ROLLS
>LAUGHING MY ASS OFF

>Rambling and complaining about everything but the new movie.
>Just rehashing same old shit
>Rich Evans talking
Pretty garbage overall. RLM is done.

That joke was good...it's all about the delivery my angsty teenage friend

I watched this because I was interested to see what they had to say about Star Wars.

Turns out they have nothing more interesting to say about Star Wars and they really blew their load on the prequels.

Trash video.

>all about the delivery
Can you explain this stance in detail? What about the delivery in this particular instance was good?

>RLM is done.

>calls other angsty teenagers
>says an edgy teenager joke "was good"
Pic related.

>893,492 views
That's pretty good for a small, struggling channel.

I don't understand how someone that clearly understands just how bad Star Wars has become under the corporate Disney machine, still can't find anything positive about Lucas' prequels, which are the exact antithesis of tfa.
His hatred towards the prequel is just an act, and even though tfa has exposed prequel haters as being retarded, he knows he has to stick to his guns to stay consistent to his "plinkett" character. It's kind of pathetic that he can't be honest with himself about this. His integrity as a critic can't hold up due to being an act all along.
Fuck, he even lets Lucas speak for him at certain points of the video, clear proof that he respects and is aware that Lucas knows better and is still capable of true, original sci fi films.

Well, it's not like we didn't know that TFA won't be as memeworthy as the prequels from the get-go.

The first 40 minutes really felt like way too much shitting on something. Its like "how DARE you like this thing that I hate, let me tell you trifling ho's what the fuck is up right now, you need to be regulated in these streets, y'all are motherfucking dinguses and need to STFU"

ummm not sure why I made him black but it sounds really vengeful.

>I prefer the soulless, bland bad instead of hilariously bad also my butthurt is way more tolerable as my precious Stor Wors doesn't get memed and ridiculed into oblivion by meanies.
Prequel fanboys, everyone.

if you think the prequels are soulless and bland, you have no idea what the fuck you're talking about. plinket even goes over this in the first 10 min of the video, but then changes his view because "time to hate the prequels for the lulz"

Not that user, but I don't understand what you're trying to say by this, what point you're trying to get across.

Ring theory stuff and the sketches were pretty bad but it was good overall. Mike went way too easy on TFA to the point of even mocking nitpick stuff which is what he did with the prequels.

I liked it a lot. Hey it can't be as fresh as the TPM review because Plinkett's style is now well established, but I learned something new e.g. ring theory. I wish there was more of that type of stuff.
Mike put in a lot of effort into the hour and 45 minutes. I hope we don't have to wait an eternity for the next installment.

This is true: the prequels are hilarious bad, as evidence by all the memes and videos (including the Plinkett videos [including this Plinkett video]) making fun of them and how silly and absurd they are.

Meanwhile, TFA doesn't really have that. I think maybe KANJI CLUB is the closest it gets to hilarious bad. The rest of it is just kind of soulless, just kind of empty. It's bad, but certainly not the kind of bad that makes you laugh.

I agree with everything but

>it was good overall

What did you think was good about it?

>Ring theory stuff and the sketches were pretty bad but it was good overall.
That's a majority of the video.

>Mike went way too easy on TFA to the point of even mocking nitpick stuff which is what he did with the prequels.
That's the rest of the video.

>good overall
NOPE.

The jokes aren't funny. There are some genuine chuckles to be had in stuff like BotW because it's them just being off the cuff about dumb movies, but the gag of Plinkett just isn't fucking funny and begins to drag any point you want to make down with it.

Pretending you started Internet criticism is narcissistic as fuck and bashing other people for the sake of...laughs I guess? Whatever it was, it was stupid and tacky.

Oh and harping on what some idiots on the Internet said for half the video was stupid as fuck and you might as well be getting into twitter arguments.

4/10 maybe consider letting Jay take the reins.

I LOVED IT

Very nice review loved the stuff on ring theory and TFA

I showed this to my wife's son and right after he walked up got a pair of safety scissors from his backpack and tried to cut off his balls

I quickly stopped him and asked what he was doing and he said

"But daddy Mike says I don't need these anymore I'm white"

I said "Of course you don't but at least wait until we get that done by a professional, we don't want you getting a infection."

Kids amirite?

Yep.

>all these nu males claiming prequel are good

>tfw Cred Forums and Cred Forums got btfo

Everyone knows the prequels are bad. The review even pretending what some weird clickbait articles said was worthy of notice is completely retarded and Mike fishing for material.

literally like 20 people on the entire internet

Mwhuuuuuuaaaaaaaa Disney

>105 minute review on a children's movie

He was answering the "strongest" prequel apologist arguments.

for no reason what so ever.

There are arguments for Battlefield Earth being good but no one takes them seriously.

He just wanted to harp on the prequels for some reason

I listened to that stream too, it seemed so weird that neither of them were like "The journalist is probably a moron who used us because we have 'Red' in our title"

I loved Mr. Plinkett's Ring Theory and Other Crazy Ramblings About Star Wars Did I Mention The Prequels SUCK?! Review (Nothing Actually Gets Reviewed).

My favorite part was where they claim to have invented reviewing things and then went off on a conspiracy theory about how Disney paid a bunch of people to write positive things about the prequels even though it was clearly just people trying to rethink the prequels after years of mindlessly bashing them. Oh and I like how he acted like he was above nitpicking Star Wars when the only reason he's famous is for nitpicking Star Wars. Love that they're still doing the edgy jokes and skits even though they've always been the worst parts of these videos: really keeping it "old school" even though they refused to do the part that everyone actually likes (the aforementioned nitpicking). Oh, and I like that they have nothing informative or interesting to say, and the whole thing feels rushed despite being delayed and late.

If I had to rate it, I'd rate it a perfect 3 out of 7, A++++, recommended it to my grandma, recommending it to all grandmas out there on the Internet and elsewhere, fuck your pizza rolls, I'm eating bagel bites from now on. 4 stars and 5 thumbs!!!one!

>for no reason what so ever.
Becasue he wanted to. Because it's what he was interested in discussing. Why does this trigger you?

Na na, there's a backlash against prequel bashing. And its mostly from millennials. See Cred Forums. Because Plinkett is foremost in the choir he had to address it.

The point was to show that there was a resurgence of articles about the prequels around the same time the new movie was announced. I wouldn't agree about the paid shills excuse, but it participated in showing the insanity that goes around whenever star wars is involved, and how tons of people where ready to love the new movie and everything star wars, even the prequels, just because they had the chance to see more star wars in movie form.

>struggling

Why the fuck does Cred Forums drool over these youtubers whp have shit opinions?

Because they reflect the best shitty opinions that we share.

>he had to address it
Whether or not this is true is irrelevant when the way they addressed it made for a shit video.

>Because Plinkett is foremost in the choir he had to address it.

But he wasn't. He made his reviews a decade after the prequels and capitalized on an existing sentiment.

Except he never presented a real counterargument.

>hurrr durrr prequals are bad
>hurr durrrr tfa wasn't a bad movie overall, just had 'missed opportunities'
>hurrr durrr why didn't the black guy kiss the white woman, oh god i love watching blacked.com

I lost all respect for reddit letter media. Fuck them.

>when he's praising TFA he's being ironic

Keep telling yourself that

They are a struggling, low level Youtube channel.

They're doing great on Patreon, though, if I remember right. But on Youtube? Not so much.

The original reviews articulated well what we all felt and they were exceptionally popular. Plinkett became well known because of his prequel hate.

See: Why Back to the future is better than Episode IV.

>what we all felt

Speak for your self. I thought it was nitpicky and resorted to "not muh Star Wars" too much.

Remember that pay out is based on seconds watched, not views.

So if a good chunk of those views watched the whole hour and 45 minutes that's not bad.

But it is hard to make good money from views alone. That's why they have a patreon

>dude there is nothing wrong with reddit lmao
I wind up on reddit more often than I'd like to just from google searching topics of interest. It's a total fucking shithole from top to bottom.

I have to agree here.
I mean I watch his Star Trek Insurrection review yesterday and boy oh boy was it just nitpicking.
Also it feels particularly bizarre of them to paint all criticism of TFA as "nitpicking", like being impossible for Rey to climb that mountain of sand. Like really, that's the only negative thing you can say about the movie?

>what we all felt

Before plinketts reviews the prequals were liked.

Anyhooo I hope Mike does another Plinkett soon.
I maintain he should review a real classic film like Apocalypse now or Citizen Kane.
Not the way re-view does it where they basically just discuss the plot.
I like the Plinkett way: Teach me something new about film and story telling that I did not know.

My biggest gripe with the new review is that its not nearly as fun or funny as the prequel ones. In fact I was rather bored during this one particularly during the Ring Theory

He totally did.

Point 1) It's just a THEORY, guys? I mean, c'mon. Ring Theory is about as true as evolution, or the theory of relativity.

Point 2) Yep, they're right about the movies having similarities to each other, but does that mean that they're GOOD?! Wait, ring theory doesn't actually say that the prequels are good, it's just pointing out something they believe Lucas did when making the prequels.

Point 3) OH, BUT IN THIS CLIP, Lucas said he modeled TPM after ANH. Checkmate, ring theory, so long as you ignore the fact that there's tons of clips out there of Lucas saying a thousand different things about Star Wars, like him saying he has all 9 movies planned out, to him saying he never planned these things out, to him saying he planned out 12 movies, to him saying Goongas. Yeah, just ignore that you can pretty quickly contradict Lucas with Lucas.

Point 4) DISNEY PAID THEM ALL OFF TO SAY THE PREQUELS ARE GOOD THIS IS ALL A CONSPIRACY EVERYONE RIPPED ME OFF AND NOW EVERYONE IS AGAINST ME I INVENTED REVIEWING STAR WARS EVERYONE STOP TALKING ABOUT STAR WARS ONLY I CAN TALK ABOUT STAR WARS

Point 5) Here's a clip where there's some cliffnotes books behind Lucas, clearly he read a cliffnotes version of ring theory and just imitated it. Wait, doesn't this point contradict point 3? And isn't it completely unfounded bullshit? Ah, well, let's keep it in here, nobody is going to pay attention to my rambling rant (I did).

Point 6) Yeah they're right but I still hate Star Wars The Prequels so FUCK YOU RING THEORY.

Yep, which is another reason this review is bad: it's not nearly as articulate as the other reviews.

>like being impossible for Rey to climb that mountain of sand. Like really, that's the only negative thing you can say about the movie?

I take it you only had the review on in the background while doing other stuff

It's actually more complicated than that, it's a big amalgamation of "retention views" which is based on how many unique viewers, how long they watched for and if those viewers also went on to watch other videos by the same user.

This is why let's player youtubers are the biggest sellers on youtube because their whole model of output is 50 hour long videos that are split into parts so you've people watching hour long videos that then go on to watch part 2 of the next hour long video.

In effect this is the only way anyone can make a decent amount of money on views alone. Pretty much every other youtube business that isn't hour long let's plays is sponsored out the wazoo by advertisers or grants

BTW here's another lesson:
Don't wait too long before you produce your next product. This applies to Plinkett and Lukas.
So Mike if you read this thread: MAKE ANOTHER REVIEW BEFORE YOU GET OLD AND CAN'T HACK IT ANY LONGER.

I'm 45 minutes in and he still hasn't talked about the force awakens

why is he still talking about the prequels

thanks for the "inside baseball" aidsmoby

Can you explain why what that user said was wrong? Because I feel like he gave an accurate portrayal of the video, and you trying to quote one of his examples (that's in the video) and then leave a snide comment about how he "didn't really watch it" doesn't really do anything to prove what he said was wrong any more than just replying with a "nuh-uh" would.

>Can you explain why what that user said was wrong?
because he clearly didn't understand the context of that particular "complaint"

Ca$hing in on cultural opinions

I think the best lesson is "retire on top."

If Lucas never made the prequels, he'd still be the visionary director behind Star Wars that everyone loves, and people would be dying for more.

RLM was smart to quit Plinkett, but now they've gone and pulled a prequel. This video is their Phantom Menace. They've become what they hate.

Can you explain why and how?

They know a Plinkett video will get views, unlike the rest of the content, so they're cashing in.

Same reason they make those "ironic" clickbait videos. Ad revenue is a tempting mistress.

Why does this video seem rushed and not thought out when it took forever to make and was delayed and late?

You literally have no idea what you're talking about.

It was another dark, ominous night on the heroin-filled streets of Milwaukee, Wisconsin. A thick, lung-choking fog hung over the streets as single mothers on the dole tucked in their tar babies, not daring to leave their government housing.

Down the empty streets strode Quellton, LaTari, Phontelle and Backscranda, just returning from the movie theaters from their fourth viewing of Godzilla. Loudly laughing and speaking a variety of English known only to registered Democrats, they did not know the horrors that awaited them.

Turning the corner, a great white aryan hope appeared and soon terror was instilled in all four of their black asses. For yes, it was Mike "The Nigger Trap Rigger" Stoklasa out again to tag and bag some coons just like Davey Crockett himself. "What's wrong with your faaaaaaaaace! I know, 30 rounds of .380 Winchester." Stoklasa was reported to have yelled upon firing on the four with his Austrian Steyr Assault Rifle and deadly pistol grip. The rampage lasted but 10 seconds before Stoklasa claimed their lives.

"They didn't fry so good." He muttered under his breath, tipping his anachronistic fedora and zipping up his VCR Repairman's suit. It was then that his accomplice, Rich "Klaus Barbie Doll" Evans arrived in a van decorated in Third Reich imagery and drove them away at autobahn speeds.

Stoklasa declined to comment for this piece, but did release a statement stating that any racists or murderers "should be condemned to live the rest of their lives in a small, poorly made set of a TV repair shop, reviewing movies for neckbeards on the internet. Gott strafe these untermenschen."

Stoklasa is still at large.

How does Youtube work?

This is such an over the top and absurd statement, it's hilarious.

Because you fucks kept asking for an unnecessary Plinkett Review on a movie he thought was fine

Thats why half of the video was filler because there wasn't much to discuss

This has to be revised after this recent review

>where's wally

Hilarious, yet true. This video is in no way as good as the other Plinkett videos, and certainly not anywhere near the quality of the prequel reviews. It fails to live up, just like the Phantom Menace.

Search your feelings. You know it to be true.

No, they are probably center left if anything and are just sick of PC bullshit. There's almost no doubt in my mind that AIDS Moby, Wizard, and maybe Jay voted for Bernie. Rich might vote Clinton if he can get his lumbering ass to the ballot box. And Mike will probably willingly abstain.

>almost no plinkett scenes (barely any switching between SW scenes and plinkett scenes)
>practically no new plinkett-related story/jokes, just some uninspired rehashes of establishes stuff
>defends racemixing
>says he'd watch a 100% foreign star wars film (yeah mike, i'm sure you'd watch an all-aboriginee/all black star wars and your level of enjoyment would be 100% the same.)

mike holds pretty much the most mainstream opinions one could possibly hold. it's like he created an onscreen-persona that is most likely to be agreed upon by your average normiefag. the review was quite boring, having a completely unnecessary, very lengthy take on the whole "ring theory"-thing that no one cares about, and it's core - the criticism of a completely soulless rehash - boiled down to "well in hindsight it's not THAT good".

ironically, in a timespan of only a few years, he tool exactly the same route as lucas: he became too lazy to film/setup complex new stuff and instead put just enough scenes in there to merit calling it a "plinkett" review, the rest of his review being voiceover. he also became way softer, tired, and not as demanding - neither of himself nor of others.

it's like pottery.

I sort of agree on some points. I still like Plinkett and I liked this last review. Its actually a personal rant about Star Wars, so you need to have followed the other reviews to appreciate it. Its not something you would show to film students, like the TPM review has been.
To add to my original point. Everything takes time. Lucas thought about Star Wars for a long time before the original was made just like Mike formulated his criticism of TPM for a very long time before the first review was made. This point is made regarding initial success. Keeping success is another story.
Here's my argument: If Lucas had made episode I in 1986 it would have probably been brilliant.
If Mike kept on producing a steady stream of Plinkett reviews every couple of months it would be slick as snot by now.
If you leave something for too long, something in which you're even quite good, you'll become rusty. Now that Mike's back, he must keep at it to get gud.

that's what they called where's waldo in australia, I think

Really dissapointed in the Plinkett scenes (Rich Evans falling down the stairs was funny).

They already did a half in the bag, and he said he liked it there. I guess he should've pretended to hate it for some forced humor.

Nah, you could make a Plinkett review of The Force Awakens and just nitpick it and have a good time.

Instead they decided to rush out a video about the ring theory and how Disney paid clickbaiters to unhate the prequels even though that's a fucking stupid thing to say because clickbaiters get clicks by saying outrageous shit and there's always been contrarians liking stuff that's supposed to be bad (also, trolls).

I mean it seems hard to fuck up the Plinkett formula but they went ahead and did it with this video.

Mike liked Star Trek: Insurrection.

They still did a Plinkett review where they nitpicked it and tore it apart like nerds, and it's really good. Hell, they even start the thing with Plinkett saying that it's "not that bad."

Pretty much. The prequel videos were filled with the hatred of the moment and the willingness to shit on Lucas for what he did to Star Wars. It was about picking apart the movies and showing all the cracks instead of rambling on shills, fan theories and then saying that the movie was fine but could have been better.
Mike liked it, there's no way he would have taken a dump on it. But he had to do the review because of the expectations and hype. It's similar to the Titanic review, part of it praises the movie for being so well made and Cameron for being dedicated to his craft, and part of it shits on the already seen story and cliché characters.
Except here it's just about phoning a review in. I liked parts of the video, but they should have introduce the context much faster and moved on with the actual movie review rather than explaining why random clickbait articles suck.

ITS THE MILLENIUM FALCON
ITS THE MILLENIUM FALCON
ITS THE no see we could have ENIUM FALCON
like, a new ship, one M FALCON
ever better and more iconic than before FALCON
ITS THE MILLENIUM FALCON

Hell, Mike liked the first new Star Trek and they still nitpicked it on a Plinkett review.

Really no excuse for this shitty video.

It was another dark, ominous night on the heroin-filled streets of Milwaukee, Wisconsin. A thick, lung-choking fog hung over the streets as single mothers on the dole tucked in their tar babies, not daring to leave their government housing.

Down the empty streets strode Quellton, LaTari, Phontelle and Backscranda, just returning from the movie theaters from their fourth viewing of Godzilla. Loudly laughing and speaking a variety of English known only to registered Democrats, they did not know the horrors that awaited them.

Turning the corner, a great white aryan hope appeared and soon terror was instilled in all four of their black asses. For yes, it was Mike "The Nigger Trap Rigger" Stoklasa out again to tag and bag some coons just like Davey Crockett himself. "What's wrong with your faaaaaaaaace! I know, 30 rounds of .380 Winchester." Stoklasa was reported to have yelled upon firing on the four with his Austrian Steyr Assault Rifle and deadly pistol grip. The rampage lasted but 10 seconds before Stoklasa claimed their lives.

"They didn't fry so good." He muttered under his breath, tipping his anachronistic fedora and zipping up his VCR Repairman's suit. It was then that his accomplice, Rich "Klaus Barbie Doll" Evans arrived in a van decorated in Third Reich imagery and drove them away at autobahn speeds.

Stoklasa declined to comment for this piece, but did release a statement stating that any racists or murderers "should be condemned to live the rest of their lives in a small, poorly made set of a TV repair shop, reviewing movies for neckbeards on the internet. Gott strafe these untermenschen."

Stoklasa is still at large.

>by saying outrageous shit
saying you like the prequels IS outrageous

>This isn't reviewed. They unconvincingly argue that it's wrong through a series of strawmen.

0/10

Is he /ourguy/?

>Rubin report
>right wing
Nigga, please!

>CIRCLES WITHIN CIRCLES
I went to the page that Plinkett was talking about, the "Star Wars Ring Theory" page, and Ctrl+F'd "circles within circles."

Zero results on all 9 pages of it.

Looked it up on Google. 7 results, some about an unrelated book of the name, others about the Plinkett review.

I get the feeling they made up some bullshit about ring theory, but I don't know enough about ring theory to be 100% sure.

Exactly. Clickbaiters were doing "10 reasons Phantom Menace is GOOD (you'll never believe reason 7)" because it's an outrageous thing to say and gets clicks, not because "Disney paid them." Mike comes off like an idiot when he even implies that.

read the 'theory' then

I can't decide which is better, that or the montage about how forward thinking and progressive Phasma is while they literally throw her in the trash

Because it's "rings within rings."

starwarsringtheory.com/ring-composition-chiasmus-hidden-artistry-star-wars-prequels/6/

The idea is basically "while TPM is mostly like RotJ, it also has some similarities with the other films."

I could, but I'm not really interested in reading some Internet guy's essay on Star Wars so I can understand some other Internet guy's essay on Star Wars.

I think you feel the same way.

Alright.

>>defends racemixing

Missed the point entirely. He's calling out how the movie didn't have the balls to actually have these diverse humans actually interact like humans and not dolls being directed by a board room

He still defends it and wanted it in star wars.

Maybe the point is that there has already been an incredible amount of exposure to the movie so covering it like its new is pointless.

he wanted Rey and Finn to interact like humans

compare their behavior towards one another with Pacific Rim- Raliegh and Mako may never have fucked or even kissed, but they still had a clear attraction to one another and it colored their interactions.

Only one joke made me laugh, when he said they threw Phasma into the trash because she's a woman

I think he missed the point entirely.
Episode V only introduced romance.
And then again in Episode II.
Again in Episode VIII.

Rings within rings paduan Mike.

that, and you already know Mike's sincere opinion about the movie. It's far more interesting to discuss the climate of movies these days, and how Star Wars culture has changed.

You're a fucking goon.

The thing is 80% of the thing is still shitting on the prequels.

The title should have been: "Plinkett's response to the 100 fanboys that replied to his prequel reveals"

>people still pretend the prequels are good

The title is "The Star Wars Awakens." Because that's what it's about.

>It's far more interesting to discuss the climate of movies these days, and how Star Wars culture has changed.
>far more interesting
This video clearly proves you wrong about that: youtube.com/watch?v=miVRaoR_8xQ

I didn't mind Mike talking about the meta of Star Wars (and of other current blockbusters). The Force Awakens wasn't nearly as bad as the prequels, it's a lot harder to rip TFA to shreds in a similar way as the prequels.

Mike ripping TFA would've probably been unwarranted, too. TFA isn't a bad movie, but it could have been better. Mike summarized what he didn't like about the movie perfectly fine:
>It's far too safe, the studio took no chances
>There was no love between any of the characters
I might be forgetting some other points, but that's the major points I remember him making.

The ring theory shit went on for too long, and it was all in an effort to rip on Lucas for recycling ideas and being a hack. He did that for like 5 hours combined in the prequel reviews.

He goes on and on in every other Plinkett review and in HiTB and BOTW about "he's got a case of the not gays" every time a character so much as looks at another woman, but then complains about there not being the same thing in Star Wars.

It was OK, but personally I always had the feeling mike never really wanted to make another plinkett review. The sheer length of time it took to make it, plus the fact TFA isn't anywhere near as abysmal or fun to rip into as the prequels kind of suggested to me his heart wasn't really in it.

It was like with the original plinkett reviews they made them because they thought it was something that needed to be said. With this it was more because they got sick and tired of faggots in their comments section going "new plinkett review when?!?"

He did alright with it but it wasn't ever going to be as entertaining as the first three. Simply because there's not as much schadenfreude involved as there was watching him tear the prequels and Lucas a new asshole. Whatever Cred Forums thinks about TFA its simply not the out and out shitfest the prequels were and Mike certainly doesn't think it was.

>wanted an ape to behave like a human

Also did you miss the part where we called Finn a pointless addition who didn't do anything? Sorry but him kissing rey would have been bad.

t. blacked.com member

Mike used plenty of examples from ANH that denotes the existence of sex and characters having sexual desires. Most notably the fact that Luke is willing to put himself in mortal danger - before he even knows the entire situation - over a pretty girl.

>He did alright with it but it wasn't ever going to be as entertaining as the first three. Simply because there's not as much schadenfreude involved as there was watching him tear the prequels and Lucas a new asshole. Whatever Cred Forums thinks about TFA its simply not the out and out shitfest the prequels were and Mike certainly doesn't think it was.
Seconded.

The title also has the word "review" in it despite it not being a review.

Talking about "ring theory" and going on conspiracy theory rants about Star Wars is a stupid idea and he just should have Plinketted The Force Awakens. Instead he made a shitty video.

Did anyone else think his proposed plot of Episode VII sounded pretty awesome?

he still scoops up the hollywood race propaganda and doesn't see the following double-standard:

if the subject had been an originally all-asian trilogy that got massively diversified in a later sequel, everyone would be outraged. with star wars, a typically white phenomenon, it is unnegotiable to replace whites.

mike even stated himself in the earlier plinkett reviews (when talking about the cast of samuel l. jackson) that black people don't care about SW. now suddenly he shows a cherrypicked commercial from the 80s with a black kid playing with a star wars toy, implying that this is the norm.

look, i'm not expecting pol content here, but the man clearly contradicts himself and is as vaguely liberal/brainwashed and unconfrontational as your average redditor. the last part is what pisses me off about this, because it directly interfers with his ability to criticize and satirize.

his lack of impact on the story is what rendered him pointless, not the other way around. having him get into a romantic relationship with Rey would have given him some meaning for sure.

But that's not romance yet is it? That's just a damsel in distress. Every Knight will react, just like Finn did.
Episode V introduces real romance between Han and Lea. The real romantic involvement.
Episode II Padme and her teenage lover.
Episode VIII Maz Kanata and her Wooky.

Paduan Mike was "reaching" to quote an old man.

>plus the fact TFA isn't anywhere near as abysmal or fun to rip into as the prequels kind of suggested to me his heart wasn't really in it
Star Trek 2009 wasn't near as abysmal as the TNG movies and Mike liked it, yet they still had fun ripping it a new one, so there's no excuse here.

Making a "Star Wars Awakens" video about ring theory and other shit nobody cares about was fucking stupid.

You're the kind of person who would have RLM shovel shit in your mouth and tell them it's great.

They completely changed the format of what Plinket reviews were because they didn't have much criticism for the movie. So what we got instead was a bunch of filler and content that could have been it's own video.

>I could, but I'm not really interested

Then don't talk like you know anything because you learned how to ctrl+f

He should have made a Force Awakens review.

Instead, he made a shitty video where he tried to argue with idiots on the Internet and ramble on.

You don't know anything about ring theory, either, so you should have followed your own advice and not replied to someone asking genuine questions about it.

Oh sorry, guess i'm not allowed to like anything they do.

Get raped.

>Then don't talk like you know anything

>but I don't know enough about ring theory

>but I'm not really interested in reading some Internet guy's essay on Star Wars so I can understand some other Internet guy's essay on Star Wars.

I've been upfront this entire time.

>ring theory
tfw is this algebraic shit i just wanted to watch movies

Calm down. Have some tea.
No one needs to rape anyone in this thread.

>ring theory is very popular among star wars fans
It isn't. I would say "Jar Jar is secretly a Sith" is a much more popular, talked about, and known theory among Star Wars fans.

This "ring theory" crap is obscure bullshit for idiots who love the prequels. I genuinely don't know why you'd make a video arguing it when the original Plinkett prequel reviews already address and mock all this "poetry" bullshit, especially when you could instead make an actual Plinkett video about The Force Awakens.

Your hilary supporter card is showing.

Just remember this: Ring theory is introduced like any other fringe theory. For example, If you're a 911 truther you'll know its ins and outs. Hell I think I only stumbled on a ring theory reference perhaps once before the review. On the other hand I might be manufacturing false memories.

Disney paid your brain to delete all memories of ring theory. - Mike Stokelasso, tyool 2016

I kind of liked the ring theory shit, I wasnt aware of it, and it's somewhat interesting.

Even if the theory was correct, the movies are still shit though. Episodes 2 and 3 are still the ugliest things I have ever seen in a cinema

>posting the edited version

The mouse is the anti-Christ.

>tfw is this algebraic shit

That's pretty much what Star Wars Ring Theory is: "the prequels aren't good, but this stuff is kind of interesting."

mike is right, although he's not open about it like typical trump supporter
jay just doesn't care.
jack, rich is the same. rich is extremely left as fuck, fedora tier. he argues about religion on facebook. you can't get any more fedora than that.
josh is a fucking sjw but he hangs around rlmcrew so he's not extreme sjw tier

The fact that you got butthurt at all means you fell for it.

I'm not that guy but I'll answer your question. Mike's point was that they should have casted the best people for the roles first, not designed the entire casting process around diversity like they did.

I think they cast it like this:
Ok we need a black actor for this role. Among those we've seen who's the best unknown amongst them?
So I guess you could say the best affirmative action candidates were chosen.

Mike is not right wing at all. Anons have found old forum posts he made in 2002-2003 where he criticizes Bush and the war in Iraq. Mike is probably a very old school establishment left guy. The problem is that both sides have become so extreme there's no room for anyone in the middle anymore.

Correct on Jay, he's way too caught up in his work and love of film to care about politics.

Jack is pretty SJW too, he just hides it well because he still makes jokes that would get you screeched at by today's sjws.

Rich argues about religion because he grew up in an abusive fundamentalist Christian household. I went through the same thing and i don't blame him at all. Being a fedora means you've experienced no real struggle in your life and try to act enlightened and above religious people. Rich comes from a genuine place because he's seen what it can do to people.

Josh may be pretty left leaning but he's no sjw.

Right, and his point is that it should have been like

>Ok we need a stormtrooper who goes awol and becomes a hero, who is the best person for the role regardless of skin color?

He's saying with TFA they were trying to fill a diversity quota, which is disingenuous and not really in the spirit of filmmaking

>Mike is probably a very old school establishment left guy.
True.

>He's saying with TFA they were trying to fill a diversity quota, which is disingenuous and not really in the spirit of filmmaking
Disney is a business, responsibility to the shareholders and all that. So yep that's how it goes.

How did Max Landis (I paraphrase): I wish someone would make another Star Wars that's not called Star Wars.

Prophet?
The fact is the next Star Wars will come from somewhere that no-one expects.

>Disney is a business, that's how it goes
I know, I'm just answering that guy's question that the other user kept dodging. Mike did have a point about the forced diversity.

>Mike did have a point about the forced diversity.
Agreed.

>Josh may be pretty left leaning but he's no sjw.
you obviously haven't seen his twitter account. he's the only one in the rlm that gets lightly triggered by the stuff in vhs they watch
>Jack is pretty SJW too, he just hides it well because he still makes jokes that would get you screeched at by today's sjws.
well I can give you that one. his twitter account is filled with sjw shit, like he follows that one account when the guy is posting sexist scripts. forgot about that one
>Rich argues about religion because he grew up in an abusive fundamentalist Christian household. I went through the same thing and i don't blame him at all. Being a fedora means you've experienced no real struggle in your life and try to act enlightened and above religious people. Rich comes from a genuine place because he's seen what it can do to people.

fedora means how you discuss religion. rich sounds like your typical fedora man when he talks about religion, especially on facebook and streams

as for mike, he is the right. not the "all niggers need to die" right, but tina fey is a liberal cunt. his words, not mine. he also criticized political correctness in Kingdom of the Crystal Skull review, complained about negative potrayal of rich people in titanic, all shit like that. but he's smart not to say shit like all kikes need to be gassed. he probably doesn't think like that, but he's not the left.

>but he's not the left.
He's totally fine with interracial gay relationships.
If I project my own desired perception of him, I'd like to think of him as a libertarian. A man above small minded politics looking at the bigger picture. Like Dr. Jones of the first three movies before he got mind raped by US intelligence :)