I've never seen this before, what am I in for Cred Forums?

I've never seen this before, what am I in for Cred Forums?

Best Star Trek movie since The Voyage Home

absolute shit

great satire

Best Star Trek movie since The Wrath Of Khan

Tim Allen

This is one of those movies that Cred Forums seems to praise a whole lot.

I finally got around to watching it for the first time earlier this year, and I didn't really get it. The story was comfy as fuck, the humor was pretty funny and the casting was fantastic, but I never got what it was about this movie that made people praise it so much.

Maybe its because I never watched Star Trek, or because I was 10 years old when it came out. I'm not saying its a bad movie, but I just don't see what makes it so praiseworthy.

Sigourney Weaver's cleavage

>story comfy
>humor is funny
>good cast
>why is it praised I don't get it

Great parody movie! most suck but this was done well.
I wish more were like this!
Mystery Men is also fantastic and in this genre

Okay, just tune it down a notice.

This is one of those movies that I saw as a child, before memory and comprehension started to really come together. I couldn't describe to you any visuals, but I can see swatches of GalaxyQuest in my head.

People like the depiction of fan behavior.
It's a pretty unique story.

Watch the Gorn episode at least then rewatch. It's much funnier if you know TOS.

Galaxy Quest feels like a timeless movie to me. The only thing that makes it dated is the 90s computers and TVs.

>Maybe its because I never watched Star Trek
there's no 'maybe' here

a whole lot of fun

Because it IS a timeless movie

It will go down with Spaceballs as a comedy classic

For this thread to quickly devolve into siggyposting
:3

>Maybe its because I never watched Star Trek, or because I was 10 years old when it came out. I'm not saying its a bad movie, but I just don't see what makes it so praiseworthy.

It's perfect comedy about scifi fandom and actors, mostly based on Trek.

holy shit, I forgot about this movie. I intended to watch it and never did. I watched all trek episodes of every series, so I'm torrenting this right now.

more feels than you'd expect from a comedy

I just like all the fun and flimsy of the whimsy timsy dimsy I couldn't be happier