Why is he such a little bitch?

Why is he such a little bitch?

the show was made in the late sixties. the cold war was still on. i'm surprised he was even on the show, much less as one of the good guys.

Had to make him non-threatening to Americans.

This. If we had a 6'2" bearmode cykablyat Ivan on the show instead of poor little Chekov, it might have been demoralizing to Americans

It's strange to me that people keep whining about wesley crusher when chekov is every bit as annoying

Chekov has NOOCLEAR WESSELS
Wesley has nothing

Because it's star trek which is a fucking garbage series until J.J came alone, now it's actually bearable.

Why is he such a fucking badass?

>i'm surprised he was even on the show, much less as one of the good guys.

He wasn't the only good-guy Russian on American TV in those days, The Man from UNCLE had Ilya, after all. With the Limited Test Ban Treaty and the peaceful end to the Cuban Missile Crisis, there was hope that we wouldn't destroy each other and the Cold War might not go hot in the later Sixties, and it continued into the Seventies with things like the Apollo-Soyuz mission and SALT. Then Reagan had that damned fool idea to try and win the Cold War by out-spending Russia in the Eighties and things came closer than ever to nuclear war. Anyhow, Chekov was added to the show because of that hope that MAD might yet be averted. And because Gene wanted a youth-appeal character like Davy Jones on The Monkees.

he didn't bathe?

Didn't? Or shouldn't?

Chekov had less screen time than Wesley.

TOS focuseded mainly on Kirk, Spock and McCoy. I can't even remember if Scotty, Uhura, Zulu or Chekov or any of the other supporting cast were ever featured prominently in an episode. They were just background dressing while the trio ran around and did stuff.

Why is he so based?

I love Barclay. Just finished the transporter episode, comfy af

>that wig

why did he hug the mailbox?

Scotty had a focus episode. Unfortunately, it's the one where Piglet went around killing women.

if they'd had a real russian instead of a stereotype, Chekov would have been drunk all of the time and would have hacked the Enterprise's computer and sold all the files to the Romulans.

Don't ye think yer ought ta rephrase that, laddie?

Chekov actually had at least two love subplots in TOS, if I remember correctly.

Sulu and Uhura had their moments, though sadly minimal, and Scotty being Chief Engineer made him an important member of many plots.

But meh. My favorite character was Spock, so I was happy. Just sad that Yeoman Colt was only in the pilot.

Sulu and Uhura got pretty screwed over. In the movies Sulu got made more important and eventually became a captain of his own ship, Uhura never really did anything beyond besides handling communications.

why are you such a mundane faggot?

>Chekov actually had at least two love subplots in TOS
where he acted like a dumb horny teenager. Pretty much everything he says other than responding to kirks orders is stupid and annoying. At least in tos, haven't seen the movies yet.

>haven't seen the movies yet
He had a pretty prominent role at the beginning of Wrath of Khan.

Shut up and beam us down to the surface you greasy mick bastard.