Has any filmmaker sabotaged their own legacy as successfully as George Lucas?

Has any filmmaker sabotaged their own legacy as successfully as George Lucas?

?

You've sabotaged your life

Yes, making Star Wars was a mistake and manchildren have made sure that it will overshadow his actually good, ambitious films forever.

I don't understand why people like Star Wars. I didn't see it until a couple of years ago and it doesn't stand the test of time. It's very mediocre.

> my opinion is absolute

>Has any filmmaker sabotaged their own legacy as successfully as George Lucas?
Who cares?

shamlamadingdong maybe if you consider his couple half decent movies a legacy?

Let's wait for the Avatar sequels before we jump on Lucas. Cameron has the most potential of any working movie director working in Hollywood today to deliver masterpieces. The sequels could turn out to be fucking sci-fi masterpieces, but they could also destroy his legacy.

The Wachowskis ruined their careers by becoming females, thereby losing their ability to competently direct a movie.

1. He was never a good filmmaker to begin with.
2. He has fucking billions of dollars.

How the fuck does he still convince studios to put his ass in the director's chair after The Happening? I guess it's true if you get one mega hit like The Sixth Sense you can just coast on the success of that for the rest of your life.

>Wachowski brothers are now the Wachowski sisters
This will never cease to amaze me.

Anno?

>neo & trinity look similar and kinda androgynous
>switch
>virtual self image or whatever they called it
>sequels complete nonsense pseudo philosophy
Someone must've seen it coming

Maybe PJ

The man's probably rolling in more cash than he could spend in ten lifetimes and couldn't give two shits about it

what a fucking hack

>Who cares?
George.

Wow what the fuck it literally looks worse than Total War

If his offspring play the money right his family could essentially become American royalty, that's not too bad a legacy.

This can't be real

>Someone must've seen it coming

Everyone saw it coming. Larry was a crossdresser long before they even made The Matrix.

This legitimately looks like something from Heroes of Might and Magic 3.

You mean Lana.

>got 2 billion dollars worth of Disney stock
>stock has doubled in price since Lucasfilm acquisition
Money is his legacy.

You mean degenerate.

Honestly, it was weirder to me when only one of them went full tranny. There's a reason there are very very very few "directorial duos", and most movies are directed by ones person, and that those that are duos are siblings. It takes a very similar and focused mind to have more than one director and it not to become a massive clusterfuck, like insanely similair and like-minded to work - pretty much all director brothers are also twins.

The fact that one could go tranny and not the other was what made it weird.

I just rewatched the movies.

They were more enjoyable than I remember.

It's so far away from LotR's quality it's amazing, but still a decent blockbuster watch.

That's really just the studios sabotaging his legacy.