Okay Cred Forums...

Okay Cred Forums, you've hypothetically been given the greenlight and a massive budget to write/direct/produce a film or TV adaptation of the first Dark Souls game.
How would you go about it, who would you cast, how would you condense the story and what would you focus on (action, worldbuilding, characters), etc.
Go

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ZT5L8j-brgI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>how would you condense the story
What fucking story?

You have to go back

>>>/v

bait or?

okay, so maybe story isn't the right word, but the large amount of travelling, the various environments and bosses, and the cast of characters you meet throughout Lordran.

What the fucks the point? It's a game known for its gameplay, not the convoluted "lore".

@74978536
@74978556
@74978575
(You) did it, Cred Forumseddit!

Film is a visual medium, DaS is a very aesthetically pleasing game that would translate visually well to the screen.

It would be shit because no one but literal autists unironically care about the plot of these games. Please fuck off back to Cred Forums now.

Would do it like Tarkovskijs Stalker, set in the low/dark fantasy middle ages. Sparse dialogue, lots of traveling, impending sense of doom (sorta like seventh seal).

so much reddit in one post

It's a visual medium but you need more than just pretty images and atmosphere to carry a 90-120 minute film, especially when the game offers the same thing on top of actually being an interactive experience.

>so many words that trigger me in one post

ftfy

I've been posting on Cred Forums for years, have lurked on Cred Forums maybe a handful of times, never browsed reddit.

This is good

So how would you do that, given the chance?

I wouldn't

Go ask Cred Forums, even if there was a Dark Shit movie, it would be capeshit tier

As far as casting goes (if budget had no limits):

Viggo Mortensen as Chosen Undead
(alternatively, Dane Dehaan if a younger Chosen Undead is prefered)
Mads Mikkelsen as Patches The Hyena
Paul Dano as Crestfallen Warrior
Mel Gibson as Gwyn, Lord of Cinder
Michael Fassbender as Solaire
Nikolaj Coster Waldau as Lautrec
Iain Glen as Petrus of Thorolund
Anya Taylor-Joy as Rhea
Paul Rudd as Laurentius of the Great Swamp
Adam Driver as Griggs of Vinheim
Jeff Bridges as Old Hat Logan

This is actually really good

I would use my exclusive powers over the project to cancel it immediately and safeguard the rights forever.

Chloe Moretz as executioner Smough

>tfw you will never play Dark Souls for the first time ever again

>Gibson as Gwyn
Why does that feel so poetic?

Good man.

Main protag (armor) would be the one devs scrapped in earlier designs of either 4 games.

youtube.com/watch?v=ZT5L8j-brgI
trailer is done already

christina hendricks as gwynevere

I dunno if Ridley would be the right guy to handle the tone. I think it would be too bombastic. I'd rather see Robert Eggers who did The Witch or another new talent on the directors chair.

Coincidentally Eggers is currently shooting a new movie, titled The Knight, which according to some sources may be close in tonality to the Souls games.