Do you guys mind that late night "comedy" hosts are nothing more than shills for the democratic party establishment...

Do you guys mind that late night "comedy" hosts are nothing more than shills for the democratic party establishment that dont even try to be funny anymore?

youtube.com/watch?v=0qdq5R80H7A

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=HvV2JY8kbgI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>Late night talk show host is...
>*Cred Forums leans forward in anticipation*
>...a cuck!
>*Cred Forums erupts in applause*

No, I don't mind, because I stopped watching them like anybody under 60 years old about a decade ago.

This. They're targeting that demographic because they're desperate for a new audience. The daily show did better than the tonight show for years, and like always, clueless producers and network execs took the wrong message away from it.

Would you prefer if they were shills for the Republican Party Establishment?

That way they could be unfunny AND objectively evil

It was good when it was left on it's containment channel on Comedy Central. Once the Jon Stewartism was adopted by late night hacks on establishment-friendly networks, it failed badly. Now they are panicking and going ultra-left to carve out a niche audience of purple-haired freaks and beta males. You know it's bad when you're looking bad on Letterman fondly.

>objectively evil

>That way they could be unfunny AND objectively evil
how would that be any different than what they are now?
i think its pretty ridiculous, half the country is republican and they spend half their shows shitting on them, unashamedly and in such a cocky way, at least theyre ratings are shit

Not their fault the Republicans decided to have such an easy target for ridicule as their leader this year.

*their
and colbert is the funniest of the bunch he went full shill and now he's doing shit, if you wanna know why his previous show was popular it was because it appealed to both republicans and democrats

why is his delivery so bad? he's rushing all the lines and then waiting for like 20 minutes after each punchline

I'm not a republican or democrat

I'm a left leaning libertarian that hates cheap identity politics so all this shit enrages me

I haven't watched any lateshit, but are any of them mocking Hillary for passing out? Are they mocking her for her wars in the middle east? Are they mocking her small crowds? Are they mocking her at all?

The most famous and most talked about man in the entire country has revealed himself to be a walking joke and you expect late night talk show hosts to not take shots as he publicly melts down in the middle of a presidential run a month before the vote?

Trumplerinas truly are the creme de la creme

The thing about comedy is that it's supposed to be subversive and transgressive. That has always been its role in social discourse going back to the fucking Greeks. There's a reason that dictators always come down on comedians.

That means comedians should be taking equal opportunity shots at any and all figures in positions of power. Instead, late night stopped doing comedy and started doing propaganda under the guise of comedy. Sure, they'll make light jokes about how stiff Hillary is, but at no point will any of them ever challenge her status or ethos on a fundamental level. Liberal figureheads are safe from satire, which is reserved for those who run afoul of the prevailing ideology at work in media.

The other thing that annoys me, and Jon Stewart and John Oliver do this all the time, is the claim that "we're just comedians, we aren't open to the same scrutiny as journalists." They are in the position of educating the public on news items, they know via polls that many young people get their news from them, they're happy to weigh in on politics and skewer their enemies while defending their allies, but as soon as you criticize something they say on factual grounds, they start handwaving about "it's just comedy, bro, just a joke, bro, you can't get mad at us, bro." It's blatant hypocrisy. How many jokes did you hear late night hosts make about Trump's comments on his debate microphone? How many of those hosts offered an apology after the presidential debate commission confirmed that his microphone really was fucked? This is what I'm talking about.

Conan was the only funny one left for years, now they force him to cuck and jive.

Colbert makes me sad. I loved the Colbert Report, but as soon as he moved to CBS he lost it. I can't bear to watch his show anymore. It's nonstop product placement. I started watching Jimmy Fallon and was sort of surprised that late night can actually be funny. I'd forgotten. Colbert just doesn't have it anymore.

Have you not seen any of his Weekend Updates back when he was on SNL? That's his normal cadence.

At least Jon Stewart tried to be funny with this shtick, this fucking guy is terrible at this

>that hates cheap identity politics

So how does this place not give you an aneurysm every night? Literally 99% of it is self-loathing hate nerds identifying with how they wish to be perceived by anonymous strangers.

>The thing about comedy is that it's supposed to be

Stopped reading right there.

I bet you unironically complain about "safe spaces" and SJWs too.

colbert's satirical persona was good because republicans could laugh at the jokes made at the expense of lefties and lefties could laugh at the ridiculousness of the persona

>taking the bait

>weight shamed

stopped watching

I studied comedy in college. I'm sharing what I learned.

You got me, though. I do unironically complain about safe spaces. Fucking garbage. I bet you use jazz hands to applaud instead of clapping because you don't want to trigger anyone.

idk why youre arguing with what he said, he's right. comedy works best when its against the establishment, just look at Cred Forums and how its shifted

Notice how "fat" has been quietly excised from the phrase

Euphemistic Treadmill at work

You might not find them funny, but please, stop white knighting politicians as if they give a rat's ass about anything other than your vote.

>as he publicly melts down

are you saying its the talk show hosts white knighting politicians, or what?

>comedy should hit every politician, not just some politicians
>"STOP WHITE KNIGHTING POLITICIANS"
ok

Yes, but why is the question.

"Whatever it is, we're against it."

Groucho Marx got it. That user doesn't.

?

Are people pretending Trump taking massive losses in the mid-90s is a new revelation?

Or are they just too stupid to do even the smallest amount of research?

>Trump looks....like a doodoo!
>AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Entertainment in America

>DUDE LMAO
>DUDE GET THIS
>IM GONNA SAY SOMETHING
>SAY SOMETHING
>IN A FUNNY IMITATION OF TRUMP'S VOICE

>"weight" shamed
Can you no longer even say fatshame for fuck sake? This shit is literally Newspeak at this point

youtube.com/watch?v=HvV2JY8kbgI

>HEY! YOU DO WHAT WE TELL YOU TO! DO YOU HEAR ME, BERNIE BROS?!? WE. DO. NOT. HAVE. TIME. FOR.THIS. TRUMP IS LITERALLY HITLER!
> - late night talk show host Seth (((Meyers)))