m.youtube.com/watch?v=h1yuhBtdHL0
youtube.com/watch?v=TBGbX4vm0ac
youtube.com/watch?v=hUkCJDkG3fg
youtube.com/watch?v=EZnsOZsA7_4
youtube.com/watch?v=XnCp3bMbjFo
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Reminder that Brian is /our guy/

It aged like a dead muskrat floating on a river

10/10 show. It's the best thing Edgar Wright has ever done.
Shit taste.

in what way

Popular with the nu-males who are all about that nu-male lyfe styles of "dude, drugs, video games, and open relationships lmao"

It's very much of its time but the humor still holds up pretty well for the most part.

I'm a huge fan of Edgar Wright, Simon Pegg, and Nick Frost and loved the Cornetto trilogy, but desu, I watched all of Spaced and didn't see what the hype was all about. I mean, yeah, it was before they really developed their style, but it just wasn't very funny.

Nah, I'm /tyres/.

the second season got 2goofy4me but the first is great

>1999
>nu-males
kys

You have no outside life and are probably between 16-21 years old.
Everyone isn't this same, person.

where can i get this in high quality?

You say that like if it was a bad thing.

Some of the side characters are great. Brian is the best. I also liked the flat owner, that wanted to get into his pants.

I liked the show when I saw it years ago. The problem with it, is that it relies too heavily on pop culture references for the jokes. The jokes seem old and stale now.

>Underageb& detected

>didn't grow up in 90's/00's Britain

You sound like you're 15.

MEDIC
m.youtube.com/watch?v=h1yuhBtdHL0

>It's not a bedsit... it's a flat

The delivery on this line is so great

there are shits on here that still say nobody hated the prequels before plinkett told us to.

youtube.com/watch?v=TBGbX4vm0ac

Pure 90's-Brit kino

youtube.com/watch?v=hUkCJDkG3fg

Just realised they cut off the start where the kiddie takes a Jar Jar figure up to the counter. Kind of ruins the context.

I think a lot of the traditional humor on the show has aged perfectly but some of the pop culture jokes definitely have not. I remember hearing Edgar Wright talking about how embarrassed he felt after re watching The Matrix episode in a fan gathering.

yeah. the goofy interactions between the characters is still funny, and warm.

Yeah it's definitely of its time. A lot of the pop-culture stuff is still relevent today in a geek culture context but I can see how it doesn't really sit well in a broader mass-appeal sense.

That said, I was in my late teens when Spaced first aired and it definitely mirrored the way I saw the world so to me it's still a classic.

Same here. Spaced is easily my personal favorite sitcom.

I think if you're old enough to understand the references it's fine and held up.

If you weren't around for them when they were things you're probably a bit lost.

I'm glad I'm the former.

I think it's about time for a rewatch. It's been almost 4 years since I first watched it

I remember it being the first thing I came across in any medium that treated video games as just another aspect of life, and not as a cheap source of humour.

youtube.com/watch?v=EZnsOZsA7_4

>It's a subtle blend of lateral thinking and extreme violence

It was fine at the time. I feel like since Pegg and Wright's climb to fame it's been slightly overrated.

It's a shame Jessica Hynes never amounted to much.

why is it so comfy

Doesn't Simon Pegg hate the nerd shit now? I think that's kinda weak considering thats what got his career really started.

I want to fuck Daisy. She's ugly sexy.

yeah it was a real struggle to convince him to appear in star wars

He just hates that normies appropriated the culture and turned it into something else.

I totally forgot that, my bad.

I understand a little more now, thanks.

I watch it every once in a while. Love the finger gunfight in the alley, specifically the kid who does the bloodspurts with his hand

Really? I much prefer the second season.

I always laugh at the "What else are you going to do?" joke showing Tim sat on his arse playing video games until the sun comes up.

>It's not finished
>it's finished

I think only DVDrips exist.

Anyway, it's one of my favorite comedies. I wish it had gone on for a little bit longer, I always feel a bit sad when I reach the end. But at the same time, I'm glad it didn't continue to the point where it turned to shit.

most of the people who don't like it fit this criteria:

>have never lived outside of their parents' home

>do not have a single friend (I know we're chanfilth, but I know the vast majority of us have at least one friend)

>did not enter early adulthood during the late 90's (i'm not saying this in a US 90'S KIDS WAY)

At one point they were mentioning doing Spaced +10 as a ten year anniversary thing, similar to what was done with This Life (although This Life +10 was shit compared to the original series) but in the end it never happened, probably because Pegg and Wright are too busy with Hollywood movies now.

That sucks, I'd love to see those characters revisited, even if only briefly.

At least we have this

youtube.com/watch?v=XnCp3bMbjFo