Why do people hype so much over this? Is there anything beside muh 80' nostalgia?

Why do people hype so much over this? Is there anything beside muh 80' nostalgia?

Characters are mostly boring and forgetable, story is predictable and cliche, there's nothing interesting visualy, CG is medicore at best and monster design is rather unimaginative.
It felt like lost Spielberg's movie from '80.

>Is there anything beside muh 80' nostalgia?

No.

>It felt like lost Spielberg's movie from '80.

It is. It's also very similar to Super 8. But people didn't go crazy over Super 8, justifiably so.

I blame Reddit for the praise this show gets.

you ever beat my 264 reply from the one time I poated that very image, and the pasta that you changed to be about why people like it?

people love it. use my original text, or make aomething up about that.

I still love u op. pic related. but you are fucking retarded.

It's made for people with average iqs.

I'm not trying to make this a edgleord thing I mean you know Netflix hits their check boxes of what to put in their shows to appeal to the most of their fanbase

I scored 99th percentile on every standardized test I took. all 6 texas state tests, both my sats, my act, and the asvab. I never scored lower than 99th percentile in my life, but have no idea what my iq score is because only retards and try hards take iq tests.

I loved stranger things.

what was your sat score?

>Why do people hype so much over this?
They're pretty explicit about the reasons they like it. If you're aware of the hype you're aware of the reasons behind it.

what
I have no ide waht you're on about.

that got damn pic boi!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

if you watched it after it was hyped and you are a contrarian faggot like the average Cred Forums user then you will hate it

try taking a break from the internet for a while so you can enjoy things again

Hop and Lucas were only good characters.

Downie and the Chad were pretty alright.

It was okay.

8/10

I saw the first three episodes and have no motivation to continue, would be nice if the kids were using the supernatural shenanigans to cope with their friend missing and stuff but something tells me it isn't going down that road. I feel like I've seen what the series has best to offer so far.

Also does anyone else see the Stephen King connections? Everything feels like it was just ripping tropes, left, right and centre from his novels:
>Shadow government experiments
>Group of kids, one of them has special needs
>Runaway
>Quiet normal town with something bizarre going underneath the surface
>Monster is a metaphor for something

It's basically a better version of IT than the remake will be.

downie was a horrible actor. chad was pretty good. lucas just acted like a priveleged nigger. as a 12 year old black actor, gues what the fuck he is?

and coyote tryhard. all had to do was act like a 12 year old that wanted to explore shit, fool his parents, and kiss a pretty gril. fucking impossible acting, right?

but he ststared atthe camera, fucks up lines to his parents and the gril, gives a too passionate first kiss, and all around fucks up acting like what he should actually be. but Cred Forums fags worship him.

This right here.

That's literally what I did. Only thing I knew about this show was that smoe people said it was awesome without any specifics. I didn't said it was bad, it was pretty solid piece of adventure, it sucked me in and I watched it till the end. On the other hand there was nothing original about it and I'm sick of homages, reboots and adaptations.

>Why do people hype so much over this?
Because Finn Wolfhard is starring in it.

Honestly though, it's a decent and comfy tv series, with well written characters and muh 80s nostalgia themes.

it obviously has steven king connections, but steven king is the shittiest "good" writer there is, and has a monopoly on this particular fiction.

dreamcatcher is actually a good novel about adiction, but only full blown drunks will even get it. his last good novel before that was the 4 short stories that included mongoliers

steven king is a brand. most of his shit sucks.

but stranger things was pretty new. and really ot was a character peice. of you weren't insanely happy at the wino smiling into christmas lights scene you are heartless. and elle was all about character.

the climax of the series is wino hugging elle, telling her everything is alright, after she performs a miracle.

>Also does anyone else see the Stephen King connections

You're legitimately a goddamn idiot.

look I hate most "areanger things oa bad" posters, but there is an obvious steven king connection.

it is no worse than connecting citizen kane to hamlet and oedipus. all art is conected.

It definitely reminds me of IT from the 80's or whenever that movie came out

I loved stranger things and I can't really understand how people could hate it. I love the idea of the spooky upside down version of the real world, and I was genuinely scared as fuck when Winona Ryder is trying to find her kid and the monster pushes through the wall

#photoshop

The first transcender boy in American TelevisiĆ³n.

So brave so stunning

>transcender boy
not sure if intentsional, but if it is - nice.

Of COURSE there is a Stephen King connection. Why are you bringing this up as if you discovered some secret? Literally every review or discussion about this show includes references to Stephen King.

>he thinks standardized testing is an accurate barometer of intelligence

Well, we know your IQ can't be in the triple digit range

What IS an barometer of intelligence then? Percentage of opinions a person has that match yours?

Seconded

so apparently the boys just did some photoshoot for GQ and they look like they're wearing a bit older, but still 80s style, clothes. I'm wondering if this shoot so supposed to foreshadow how they're going to look in the next season since it'll be one year later. I wouldn't think social outcasts would go form zeros to bling babies in one year, but who knows.

also for the record I think they look stupid.

I meant to say I wouldn't think they go from outcats to cool.