I never watched The Simpsons as a kid. My only exposure to them has been through the awful movie...

I never watched The Simpsons as a kid. My only exposure to them has been through the awful movie, which I've been told is them when they're way past their prime. Having said that, I'd like to get into the show properly and I want to know what season I should start with and which one I should end on.

Also, what episodes are the absolute best? I've heard that season 5 is full of classics. Teach me everything you know, Cred Forums.

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/11363704
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Watch Season 3 to 8 for the real creme de la creme of the Simpsons

This was when the writers of the Simpsons were at their best

It all went to shit when Matt left to do Futurama tho

3-7 are safe bets. You like what you see go back to 1 and keep going forward until you don't like it (probably 9-11)

Watch it all you fucking faggot

Or watch from the start to wherever it was when you turned 14, because that's when it went to shit

The "Golden Age" of simpsons is generally considered to be 3-8. 1 and 2 feel pretty outdated as a lot of it is focused on breaking family-friendly sicom tropes from the 80's that haven't really been relevant for decades and they hadn;t quite figured out who the characters were supposed to be yet. 9-12 are the "Scully years" (named for the showrunner at the time) which are contentious because people argue it's when the show started to lose some of its wit and where the characters started to become parodies of themselves. 13 and on is zombie simpsons.

The most popular choice for he best episode of the simpsons is usually Cape Feare, but it's probably not a great episode for a newcomer since it's kind of a continuation of a series of older episodes.

How the fuck did you go through your childhood without seeing the simpson

I remember playing that game in PS1

good old times m8

Here are some of my favorites:

King Sized Homer
Homer the Vigilante
Itchy and Scratchy Land
Marge Vs the Monorail
Bart Sells His Soul

Pretty sure all of those are before season 9. A lot of people think the show starts going downhill after s10, but I personally think it starts to lose its shine around s9.

>Also, what episodes are the absolute best?

imdb is never wrong

Bart gets an F is really good

>got to first base with Krabappel before Skinner did

Vote for your favorite season

strawpoll.me/11363704

since you're on Cred Forums you probably like movies so start with the halloween episodes treehouse of horror v is my personal favorite

If you weren't alive during the 90's to watch the original run, then just forget it. It won't be funny. Enjoy your own childhood and be nostalgic for it.

Born in 91. Mom was a religious nut and wouldn't let me watch it because she thought it was blasphemous that they drew God yellow.

I'm not kidding.

the answer is 4

If Phil Hartman is in the credits it's a safe bet it's going to be a good episode.

>(probably 9-11)

>9-11

meme magic

>winter is coming soon and we will be able to do this again
Summer is awful

Don't mind me, just being the best episode of season 1

You should absolutely start on season 1 episode 1. Watch up until the end of 7.