How did Supernatural outlive Gossip Girl and The Vampire Diaries?

How did Supernatural outlive Gossip Girl and The Vampire Diaries?

Other urls found in this thread:

showbuzzdaily.com/articles/the-sked-wednesday-ratings-2-10-2016.html
tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2015/10/08/wednesday-final-ratings-oct-7-2015/477200/
showbuzzdaily.com/articles/the-sked-tuesday-ratings-5-17-2016.html
archiveofourown.org/tags/Dean Winchester*s*Sam Winchester/works
archiveofourown.org/tags/Castiel*s*Dean Winchester/works
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Men are literally better at every single thing than women

Men are the better women, so they make better soap operas about men being men

first post best post

Girls watch it for the guys, and some guys watch it for the bro moments and goofy episodes. Appeals to multiple audiences.

It surprises people, but Supernatural is one of the few broadcast shows that are watched by more men than women. It's pretty much just Flash/Arrow, Supernatural and FOX Sunday Night lineup and that's it.

It's logical, girls have a face to look forward to every episode, we have the action, the bantz, the freaky shit, the complimetary hot girl (sometimes monster, yiff me bro), and the self insert ( if you're a beta bitch, go Sam, otherwise, LEAN MEAN DEAN MACHINE).

Can't be.
I'll need you to back this up

Because jensen is charismatic af and it's the ultimate comfy show.

Wincest fan fiction 2bh

tumblr really isn't that influential bro. Stop believing everything on Cred Forums.

>mfw watching it right now
>have a tattoo of the show as well

>have a tattoo of the show

>mfw girls like it

it used to be but the core demographic the show had changed after the fifth season. Which is why they're on twitter now.

Go to nerd hq. Their entire fanbase is a massive group of problem glassed women thinking they're cutsie and not hambeasts.

I have the possession ward tattoo. Fight me.

>no face
as expected

that's the one I got

It's still a capeshit show, only with people chasing monsters instead of people having powers.

Nah. That's just the most vocal segment of the fanbase. It probably only represents a pretty small percentage. It's just like how Cred Forums likes to think they're influential but in reality no one gives a shit.

1 1 "Pilot" David Nutter Eric Kripke September 13, 2005 475285 5.69[17]

this was on the WB

219 1 "Out of the Darkness, Into the Fire" Robert Singer Jeremy Carver October 7, 2015 4X6252 1.94[219]

CW

Okay?

Which bit? Almost all scripted broadcast shows skewing female or Supernatural skewing male?

See here:
showbuzzdaily.com/articles/the-sked-wednesday-ratings-2-10-2016.html

Reminder that the show used to air after the heavily female-skewing Gilmore Girls and The Vampire Diaries, now it airs out of the male-skewing Arrow.

Supernatural (The CW) – P 0.9/3 1.94

They track how many males watch, less than half the recorded are males, less than half. (18-49) tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2015/10/08/wednesday-final-ratings-oct-7-2015/477200/

don't judge me

>Male skewered
>Where half the episodes are dedicated to relationship drama

Barry/iris ? Yeah because thats what guys want. Who the fuck are you trying to lie too.

How do they get that information though? The viewer would have to voluntarily fill out a survey or something. Male viewers are probably much less likely to be bothered.

Flash skews massively male, fact.
showbuzzdaily.com/articles/the-sked-tuesday-ratings-5-17-2016.html

Nielsen pay people small amounts to install boxes that track viewing habits.

>Dude married my waifu

why live

>fat

what a surprise

Women are more likely to watch a show if it features cute guys. It's that simple.

Also, there was a time when The CW used to chase young female viewers, (i.e. W18-34, with shows like Gossip Girl) which was why they moved both Smallville/Supernatural to Friday despite high ratings, because those shows didn't fit in with their desired demo. It made no fucking sense.

Then The CW got a new network head which decided to reduce the focus on young women and Supernatural moved off Friday

The show should have ended on season 5

>this show will never be as comfy as it was during its first 2 seasons
>there will never be a monster hunting show like early Supernatural
Why live?

That's now how broadcast TV works, user. Shows keep going until they aren't profitable anymore.

Men look better with age.

*not
(profitability is usually, but not always, decided by ratings. And supernatural STILL has good ratings)

PFFT LOOK AT HIM FLEXING LIKE THE LITTLE FAGGOT HE IS! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Isn't amc a broadcast tv cause they knew to end Breaking Bad

Thankfully that's the kind of management that saved the 100. It started as a corny teen space opera and the studio told the show runner they wanted it darker. Or something like that, maybe it was the show runner that wanted the change, but either way they said go ahead and kill as many people as you want. Now the 100 is one of the edgiest shows on tv

>2008
>interning at a small hospital's reception
>night shifts, no people around
>have my shitty old laptop with me and marathon supernatural s1-s4 all night long

I will never, ever have that comfy feeling back.

Stopped watching at S7, show had gone downhill and leviathans were fucking stupid as shit

Well, Grey's Anatomy and SVU have been going forever while only retaining their female leads.

The network head, Mark Pedowitz, pushed them to make it darker and more brutal and less CW-y. He was tired of The CW's shitty reputation and has done a great job of improving their shit.

I stopped watching this shit around season 6-7, I really can't believe it's still ongoing.

Side note, my introduction to this show was when I spent a period of time in jail. The cholos in there were all like 'shh shh, supernatural is on' and were totally into it during season 2 I believe. To be fair though the TV did not get that many channels.

They just got renewed for 2 more seasons user.

THEY'LL NEVER STOP SUPERNATURAL
HAVE NO FEAR THEY'VE GOT STORIES FOR YEARS
WHAT IF THEY FIGHT SATAN AGAIN AND SHIT
OR MURDER GOD OR SOMETHING
IDK

Jesus they are going to run out of supernatural stuff and are now going to have to fight aliens and shit.

A lot of cholos in New Mexico where I live are super catholic, so maybe they found all the demon shit compelling.

>Dean is the captain of the real Jefferson Starship
>Going around the universe with his bro

>Cred Forums isn't influential
>the next leader of the free world condemned a cartoon frog publicly because of Cred Forums
Pick one and only one

When you put it like that, I might watch it

At this point I'd take that over demons again.

Wow, such a shining moment that will surely be remembered in a month.

Bro he's just bulking

I stopped watching when Jensen stopped looking pretty

>tfw at Season 9
>It's "I can't trust you. Let's break up. Now let's work together again. But I still can't trust you. Now I trust you. I have your back. Wtf you lied to me, I can't trust you anymore" yet again

FUCKING STOP

There are literally dozens of headlines directly affected by Cred Forums. Some stories acknowledge this website's part in the events, others don't, but if you genuinely think this website has no cultural influence you're either a newfag or completely ignorant.

>first season was about two brothers on a road trip and dealing with all the American spooky urban legends

We can agree the first season was the best season right?

Absolutely.
Even the first serialized story was decent.

first 3 seasons are 10/10
if it ended at yellow eyes dying it'd be a 10/10 show today

>How did Supernatural outlive Gossip Girl and The Vampire Diaries?

Bromance/Wincest is an unbeatable combination.

This. Most issues stem from the brothers keeping secrets or straight up lying to each other yet they continue to do so.

1-5. Everyone knows this.

Angels and Demons gets wacky but it is still good. 6 on is just awful.

>tfw used to watch this show with my first crush and the credits music always brings me back to laying on the couch in her basement as freshmen in highschool

Why the fuck does the first crush even matter? Makes no sense why you form such an attachment to someone just for being your first crush.

>15 years later
>Supernatural has been on the air for nearly 30 years
>"Deano"
>"SAMMY"
>"DEANO"
>"SAMMY"
>"Can you get my cane?
>Sam gives him that look
>Que hidden secret face look

no homo, but Jensen Ackles is pretty hot.

The biggest annoyance for me was when they introduced God. Has there ever been a show that has had God as a character and done it well?

3-5 barely touch it. We just got to speculate on if Chuck was god, and when he became the vessel for god. Then they just went way too crazy with angel stuff.

So much this, I love his hair

Season 11 has some of the comfy back with its focus on family rather than demons and angels

Season 1
>We need this super special gun because it's the only way to kill a demon that we've been hunting all our lives

Season 8
>DEMON BOMB LMAO

I just have to know
Did Castiel and Dean finally fuck?

>all white main cast
> the 2 leads being latent homophobe
> show is misogynist as hell
> dudebro main char
> incest teasing
>fuckboy actors
Gee I wonder why this show is still on air

I really miss the demons being formidable enemies. I understand most adventure shows have a power creep but it was really bad in supernatural.

Also the whole Sam and Dean being vessels was fucking lame

I love the contrast between basically everyone saying it's been shit for 7 years and the fact it's STILL on the air and getting decent ratings.

tumblr cunts are not known for their good taste

women really love watching good looking men being good looking

it didn't. it ended at season 5 and everything after is some shit caricature

Supernatural is a better show and naturally appeals to more people.

The Cleveland show had four seasons and all of them were shit. Just because something is on the air doesn't mean it's good.

>capeshit

man if that word wasn't run into the ground with terrifying efficiency I don't know what has

>Barry/Iris
>after season 1

t. retard that doesnt watch the show

Tumblr and horny 40 year olds

archiveofourown.org/tags/Dean Winchester*s*Sam Winchester/works

Literally 19,000 fanfics of Sam and Dean fucking each other

archiveofourown.org/tags/Castiel*s*Dean Winchester/works

Literally 58,000 fanfics of Castiel and Dean fucking each other

supposedly supernatural is very popular in central and south america

I self insert as Castiel come at me bro.

What. The. Fuck. I knew it was bad, but not this bad...

>Every season we got monsters that, in theory, are way more powerful than the previous ones
>Now the brothers face cosmic entities
>All those gods and demons do is punching and kicking like it's a bar brawl

It gets a little worrying sometimes

>bulking
sure user

Look at his traps, delts and lats, he clearly has some muscle. Shitty chest though.

>Cred Forums likes to think they're influential but in reality no one gives a shit

Not to go on a horribly OT tangent, but Cred Forums basically created memes and they've gotten into every corner of the internet and unfortunately culture. I've heard people regurgitate Cred Forums sayings in real life without having known they've originated from here. Like it or not, this shithole has had a very strong influence on culture in the last 5-10 years, but because most of the content runs through various filters (IE; Tumblr, Reddit, 9gag, etc) it's dubbed simply as "internet culture" rather than Cred Forums culture.