Why the fuck did they change the Klingons' appearance?

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/6572205/r
twitter.com/AnonBabble

To justify a remake.

Looks like they more or less just removed the hair and made the ridges a lot more edgy

Nah, they go all the way to the back, not to mention that for some reason the Klingons now have pointy ears.

Wasn't that explained though? Something to do with the Klingon attempt at augmentation and then it turned out to be a virus.

Because cuck directors have to be "different" so their "unique genius" can be respected.

Because they had a higher makeup budget.

Any more dumb questions?

Have they changed any other race's appearance?

Humans

Wait what?

don't quote me on this, but Andorians' antennae seem to vary in size, length, tilt, and flexibility from season to season, series to series

but it could just be the old twi'lek cop out: different phenotypes, lots of colony worlds leading to variations, etc

Look at Benedict and tell me that's the same as a human from the prime universe.

They can have all sorts of foreheads who says this isn't just another one of them.

Trill got such a major revamp between their first appearance in TNG and DS9 that I recall people wondering if there were actually two host species for the symbiotes back in the day. This was what Trill looked like when they first appeared in The Host.

Why didn't Worf fire the torpedoes?

>cuck directors
>cuck
Just fucking die already

I'm glad they changed it. That one sucks

Worf is half human...

Daily reminder that Beverly is a rapist.

Worf is fully Klingon, he was just raised by humans. Maybe you're confusing him with Torres.

I probably am. Or maybe Worf's kid...? I don't know, it's been a really long time and Worf was the worst character on the show.

>tfw when even on a really bad day there's some good spaghetti in the fridge
>tfw when it's so good you don't even need to reheat it

Worf had sex with a 1/2 human lady, so his son is 1/4 human.

And Alexander is only 8 years old when he joined the Klingon military.

worf's son is a quarter human

Nah, Worf's kid is only a quarter human, his mother was a half-breed.

Fuck off he was great wesley was a faggot though.

WE

because jj abrams is a fucking faggot that shits on source material

Fucking .gif posters, I can't wait until Hiro bans you all for wasting bandwidth.

This was Neville Page's original Klingon design for Into Darkness.

capicola?

Looks like Xerxes.

Weren't the Klingons in TOS actually "supposed" to be more TNG-like before Roddenberry checked his wallet?

right here, Sil.

Give them actual hair and they'd probably look fine.

I'm glad they used Andorians in ENT for many reasons

They want them to look more unambiguously negroid so they can't cast whites like Chris Plumber or Chris Lloyd.

It was never explained. Or maybe in ENT or expanded universe shit.

When DS9 time travels back to TOS and they ask Worf about it, he brushes it off as something, "we do not discuss with outsiders."

ENT gives like a 3 episode explanation for it

Why the fuck did TNG change the Klingons' appearance?

Frankly way more fitting to the badass nature they are supposed to have

It was explained. Basically Klingons tried to copy the human "Khan" genetically engineered super human experiments using samples of those super human DNA. The super Klingons they created as a result lost their ridges from being part super human, also developed a disease which Dr Phlox cured with more human DNA which resulted in Klingons having some human DNA for several generations which made then loses ridges until the human DNA was breeded out.

This is why nobody likes Enterprise.

>nobody likes Enterprise
First week on Cred Forums?

strawpoll.me/6572205/r

>TNG
Why do filthy casuals bother to post? The Klingon appearance was updated in the movies years before TNG ever aired.

>Why the fuck did TNG change the Klingons' appearance?

It was TMP, not TNG. They had an exorbitant budget ($46 million in 1978 money, the only movie of the era more expensive was Superman) and they wanted to make them look more like aliens, less like Caucasian men in brownface.