Netflix Hit ‘Luke Cage’ Criticized for Its Conservativism and ‘Respectability’ Politics

heatst.com/entertainment/luke-cage-criticized-for-its-conservative-and-respectability-politics/

>An article in The Ringer, “Luke Cage, Black Conservative,” criticized Cage’s politics, his patriotism and his aversion to use or be called the n-word by other black people. The actor who plays Cage, Mike Colter, has said in interviews he doesn’t like the n-word and lobbied the show-runner to keep the word out of Cage’s vocabulary.

>“Cage dates himself with stale concerns: if black people should say “nigga,” whether or not tailored clothing is the measure of a man’s self-respect, and so on,” The Ringer article read. “He’s a big, buff, invincible disappointment. Any other uptown native might’ve been quicker to discover that Harlem’s greater, untouchable menace is the NYPD. But what, Luke Cage wonders, about black-on-black crime?”

>A more tempered article in Vulture also claimed the show veered into respectability politics.

What the fuck is "responsibility politics"?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crab_mentality
liveleak.com/view?i=f6d_1435932798
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Nobody cares. Watch the show or don't.
The internet has turned humans into such whiney faggot fuckfaces.

>critisizing patriotism
I hate America now but I love what America could be.

Respectability politics is tied to BLM, it's about the concept that black men shouldn't fear the police as long as they don't "look like thugs", or act and dress in a way associated with hood niggas. The article is suggesting that Luke Cage is supposed to be a figure who shames young black men into acting "respectable" because he keeps his head down, doesn't swear, say nigga, use drugs or any of that shit, and basically acts like a scolding conservative Huxtable-style father figure to all the young blacks he meets. I think they miss that this is still in keeping with the blaxploitation vibe of the show, blaxploitation protagonists were always trying to clean up the streets and keep their communities on the straight and narrow, that was always the primary goal, not overthrowing "the man"

why do you make this thread, OP

that is some no-name "news" organization basically making up controversy for page views

I know you're probably just some shitposter who wants to make a thinly veiled Cred Forums thread, but I felt the need to ask anyways

so wait, this clickbait is angry because he DOESN'T like being called nigger?

wew

luke is old school. he's more like shaft than any sjw who wants gibsmedats and lootin
ok going back to pol

>Giving people good advice is bad now

This is like that shit that happened where a police officer suggested women not dress like prostitutes as a means of mitigating their chances of being sexually assaulted and everyone spent the next eternity crying about slut shaming

I'm only on episode ten, so if Cage ends with a Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance-shouting match about politics I haven't seen that yet, but so far I've never seen him state anything like "act responsible so police won't shoot you". He only talks about respect because that's what you fucking treat eachother with.

He's just trying to get people to read his shit article since making it "controversial" wasn't enough to get clicks since no one can find his site anyway.

>left is mad Cage is a decent human and not some ooga booga gib me dats thug

Darkest timeline.

Humans have always been whiny faggot fuckfaces. The internet just gives them the ability to whine to a larger audience.
Tell me about it.

>tackles black on black crime
>tackles the absence of father figures in the black community
>doesn't paint the police as the absolute diabolic menace to black people

very problematic

>luke cage isn't a real person

>le left hurr durr
I could find clickbait articles from anyone on the political spectrum as bad or worse, but I wouldn't be retarded enough to think it proved something.

They finally get a black superhero lead character in a movie/series, and they still have to complain about something.

They probably got triggered because Luke Cage in this show is one of those "shut the fuck up about other people holding you back and do something for yourselves" types of black people.

>if you don't act like a BLM meme chanter or a ghetto hood nigger you are aren't a real black person

is it worth a watch?

Yeah you could, but this is the kind of thing that the left shames people into believing, the right doesn't have this kind of power, it's too divided and diverse for that.

wtf I love Marvel now

Native Son vs Invisible Man
WEB Dubois vs Booker T
Malcom X vs MLK

This has been happening since Emancipation.

If the right ever did (or does) unify, what would it look like?

Woah...

Liberals are the worst thing to have happened to black people

>calling dindu martin a hero

40keks.jpg

Am I meant to take the show seriously when this faggot is always making that smug face? Is it retarded looking on purpose or is the actor just a retard?

I think so, and you quickly get a feel for the show so if you don't like it after two eps you can safely drop it. It's not "what if daredevil, but black" though. Luke is a public figure almost from the get-go, and the fight scenes aren't nearly as good.

I guess I should watch this show now, seems refreshing from all the shit they're trying to push lately

yes, we need to Make America Great Again (tm)

Black guy here

Fuck these crabs

Only reason blacks dont succeed outside of rare instances of bigotry is because of themselves

>fight scenes aren't nearly as good

This so much. Fights in Daredevil were great. But the fight scenes in Jessica Jones and Luke Cage are so bad. Jones fights were almost servicable but boring and Luke Cage just walks forward and swats people out of the way.

ITT Cred Forums finds out that the left doesn't care about minorities like myself, just the "correct" ones that perpetuate their victimology fueled existence

Damned if you do, damned if you don't. So far the reviews are this. About 10% fucking hate it. That's common because there's always going to be people who hate something. 45% fucking love it. The other 45% love it, but it's just a tad too black for them. Now I guess I have to add to that for some, he wasn't black enough.

That's my only problem, he wasn't cool enough. Luke cage is cooler than a polar bears toe nails, they wrote him a lil too soft spoken for me

>t. yet another alt-right white kid

sigh

>I'm white European and say nigga so much because of hip hop music I'm pretty sure I need to avoid black people AMA niggas!

>Dude I'm black so if I tell these Cred Forums people that I believe the same stuff they do, I'll get a pat on the head and be able to have my pitifully low self esteem bolstered

Nobody cares fuck off.

Respectability politics is respecting political positions that aren't yours, I would assume.

>Harlem’s greater, untouchable menace is the NYPD
kek

libcucks ACTUALLY believe this, don't they?

>Respectability politics or the politics of respectability refers to attempts by marginalized groups to police their own members and show their social values as being continuous, and compatible, with mainstream values rather than challenging the mainstream for its failure to accept difference.

we dont call them libcucks for nothing

Implying that black people are as equally capable of being responsible for their own lives as whites is racist

>Integrating into society is bad

What are liberals smoking these days.

>source: white cops

>leftist kikes subvert Western capitalist society
>HURR Y DO U CARE JUST DNT WATCH XD

>Any other uptown native might’ve been quicker to discover that Harlem’s greater, untouchable menace is the NYPD. But what, Luke Cage wonders, about black-on-black crime?

Liberals, everyone.
Law-enforcement is the problem, not the criminals shooting each other over fucking Jordan sneakers.

>2 of the 4 cops we meet by episode 4 are crooked
>this number is unacceptably low to libcucks

>What the fuck is "responsibility politics"?

They're basically calling him an Uncle Tom. Luke criticizes his own people for misbehaving too much. He's more concerned with selling drugs in the community and making sure young black men have father figures than he is worried about police brutality and a broken justice system.

Even though he and Det. Knight have an argument over the broken system and Misty turns against it once Mama Mable Jr goes free at the end.

They think black heroes should be less about criticizing other black people because it just gives ammunition to racists. Racists can go "But even insertblackleaderhere says so-and-so is a problem for blacks so why am I racist for saying it too?"

But Black Lives Matter isn't about that user.

The point is that when these black on black crimes happen the murderers, if caught, are held accountable.
The problem is that police officers are not.
There are no repercussions for killing black people.
And there should be.

I don't blame you for misunderstanding it because it is annoying that in this modern twitter culture they had to sum up the message in three words and people are sometimes confused.

>I could find clickbait articles from anyone on the political spectrum as bad or worse

Not really.

Are you denying that Liberals are the ones that dominate the world of clickbait?

I thought Luke Cage wasn't from Harlem? Wasn't he only there for a few short months, basically working at a lowkey barber shop notorious for being calm and neutral?

Believe it or not

Liberals are actually the new age Evil. Instead of trying to reform the black community they are supporting the destruction of it from within.

By promoting race mixing, Black on black and black on white violence. They are literally new Republicans.

>They're basically calling him an Uncle Tom.

Which is doubly funny since they probably don't know the origin of the term

Isn't racemixing the best thing for the black community? Honestly if all black people would just racemix themselves into a light mocha oblivion our world would probably be better off as a whole.

Or would the world just be worse off like Brazil?

I'm sad I can't see 100 years into the future to see what becomes of this world.

>If you're not a ghetto thug that does drugs or acts like a retard, you're not a REAL black person!

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crab_mentality

You see this?

This is why the black community is shit.
Not some over-arching conspiracy by evil whites to keep them down.

Your not seeing the big picture either. Blacks disappointingly commit a large amount of crime and often more dangerous violent ones.

Cops are trained to treat nearly every one as if they are armed and when you mix that with a community of people who are known to shoot cops and act violent towards them you get laws that help protect cops and enable to defend themselves when feeling threatened.

The root cause of the problem is the black community, pushing the issue to the cops is silly and nonsense sense they are not the agitators in this equation and merely the reaction.

>if caught

Which they aren't, because black people shield them.

>The problem is that police officers are not.

Because half the time the dindu shot first.

>There are no repercussions for killing black people.

Aside from having dindus try to find and murder you and your family, sure.

>And there should be.

Which to black people is the above.

>The point is that when these black on black crimes happen the murderers, if caught, are held accountable.
Hundreds go unsolved every year because of blacks and their "stop snitchin'" policy.

>The problem is that police officers are not.
Wrong. Or did I imagine the countless cops that have been prosecuted for manslaughter?

the police don't face repercussions for killing anybody. they just happen to kill black people a lot more often.

Remember user, Cops are the problem not the people causing the problem.

>But Black Lives Matter isn't about that user.

You're right. They're about looting and killing cops.

Diff user here.

Is the root cause the black community? Or is the root cause the weaponized legislation used to fuck over blacks in the 60s and 70s? Was it the misplaced liberal policies that encouraged single motherhood and absentee fatherhood?

I honestly don't know. I believe in personal responsibility and abhor urban black culture, but a part of me wonders how much of the black community's downfall was by design.

>What are liberals smoking these days.

e-cigs

>mfw Luke's villains are racist slavery jokes and people ate the shit up
>Diamond
>Cotton
Yep. Luke Cage surely picked a fight with the right villains.

>Luke Cage be a uncle tom nigger, cause he tryna stop other niggers from gettin their hustle on and make fat stacks, when he should be killin dem white cops who keep us enslaved like we on a plantation

t. White Jewish Upper Middle Class Self Described "New Media Journalist" Who Just Moved To A Recently Gentrified Neighborhood In A Large City After Completing A Humanities Degree In The Majority White State That He Grew Up In

Blacks were treated much worse in the years before the 60's yet they turned out miles better.

Also you seem to forget that most of these riot occurrences happen in the north when most of the legislation that attacks blacks happened in the south and mid-western towns.

There were many laws created to attack blacks but many created to help them stretching back a ways.

A form of internalized racism and victim blaming.

It's when a black man says;

>Maybe I shouldn't dress like a gang banger, get high on PCP and run at a cop screaming "I'M GOING TO KILL YOU!" while waving an illegally possessed handgun.

He is self policing himself with white values.

Instead he should follow through with the above thought, and then sue the city for Racism and Cultural Ignorance when the policeman shoots him.

One of the articles states that Luke Cage is like Shaft without the irony.

I wonder if Shaft was meant to be ironic at the time.

>Or is the root cause the weaponized legislation used to fuck over blacks in the 60s and 70s?

You mean the laws that also affected whites, but was less visible because less whites are criminals?

>Shaft without the irony

lmao
they probably think blaxploitation movies were parodies

wtf I don't hate Marvel now??!

>illegally possessed handgun
So cute when you conservatards go against everything you believe.

>Weaponized legislation

That legislation successfully lowered crime rates, and it applies to everyone, not just blacks (and crime rates decreased for everyone, including blacks).

>By design

No more than the general decay of the lower, working and now middle classes were by design. Blacks, being already at the bottom of the ladder, just felt the impact first.

I believe in illegally possessing handguns now?

News to me.

>Promoting racemixing

Shut the fuck up Cred Forums

>Bill Simmons got canned by E!SPN and immediately made a shitty buzzfeed ripoff

I miss Grantland, even the sports on the ringer feels too clickbaity

Not treating blacks like they're children and making them responsible for pulling themselves out of the gutter. Scandalous.

>''Love knows no race!''
>He's really this fucking stupid.
Kill your self tumblr.

If you can't even quip properly just don't post. It's not that hard.

blacks are killed by cops at a LOWER rate than any other race when weighed against amount of crime committed and interactions with police.

Why are you still posting? Do you even have a point?

inb4

>Completely unrelated statement or strawman implication

>Do you even have a point?
>implying you made any
>implying you're in a position to ask for arguments
I'm just here to insult you, my man. You can stop responding, I made that specifically clear.

I already said inb4 "Completely Unrelated Statements" and "Strawman Implications"

That means you look fucking stupid when you respond with exactly that.

I suggest you spend a couple more days lurking here before deciding to make your sophomore posts.

Are still butthurt that Tyrone stole your Aryan crush Cred Forums?

I can't care about this shit anymore. It's just white noise.

>When crushed with facts he must resort to meme posting.
Fucking lmao

>All conservatives believe firearms should be acquired illegally.

Best comeback you could come up with, libshit?

That's the way of the 13 year old middle class white redditor. See >Comes across a statement that hurts his feelings

>Cannot form a logical rebuttal

>Has to resort to the strawman and the ad hominem

I wish they would stay off Cred Forums, or at least be funny.

>I already said inb4 "Completely Unrelated Statements" and "Strawman Implications"
That's cute. I already insulted you, though. You can stop posting whenever you want.

>meme anime picture
You might as well send in a blank post, sperge.

Still crying because I made fun of you. Nice.

So what's the consensus on this? Is nigger punch man worth wasting 12 hours watching?

>complaining about anime-related reaction-images
>on Cred Forums

Get the fuck out, newfag.

What facts did you post?

>black person wants to overcome the gangster stereotype
>muh racism

I'm glad I don't watch this rubbish

Just wait, he's going to post some interracial couples gone wrong or try to make the argument that love is quantifiable.

>this meme argument
Post-2013 child, please go.

>no response

That's what I thought.

Only newfag retards complain about reaction-images on Cred Forums of all places.

What kind of minority are you? Mongolian? Midget? Otherkin?

what a uncle tom

a real nigga would be gross, loud, violent, scaring non-blacks and defined by his lack of respectability

(unless he's lil wayne saying he never suffered racism, then the caricature is no longer a real nigga, not even a real man)

>other people's misinterpretations turned me off of a show

What.

>blacks can't be conservative or have some respect for themselves
Wow, who's the real racist here? Libshits?

>native might’ve been quicker to discover that Harlem’s greater, untouchable menace is the NYPD.
god i wish nyc would just stop patrolling these nigger infested shitholes and just let them kill each other undisturbed. i wonder who long itd take before they begged for thepigs

Being conservative and black is like being conservative and gay: you're actively supporting people who don't give a fuck about you, don't even pretend to so on a daily basis, and will only extend a hand when groups of black and/or gay people are killed.

Do blacks give a fuck about asians? Why should we?

Fuck outta here that I gotta be on your tranny-loving feminist and abortion-crazy fucktard team

>all people should stop using the words nigga or nigger
I'm glad they are saying this somewhere mainstream. If black people continue to use those terms, in music/movies/tv/online, non-blacks will continue to use those words too. Having a word or words only one race or group is allowed to use is absolutely not acceptable and makes no sense.

Also, 19th century republicans were more like contemporary democrats than actual republicans today

Well if we're going by that, why do liberals care about blacks? Black culture is directly anti almost everything liberals claim to give a shit about.

At most, liberalism might be seen as a necessary evil to your average ghetto nig.

>why do liberals care about blacks
why do you assume that they aren't just caring for normal every day people, or really just themselves
because you say liberals as if there aren't a ton of black liberals or that the only liberals that exist are non-blacks who are just keepers of black people

I hate Cred Forums and am pretty libertarian/anti authority but "respectability politics" is one of those memes i hate the most. Yes, black community, surprise surprise, if you stop killing each other in mass people will take unfair and racist policing tactics more seriously.

Show sounds boring. So he's basically invincible? Why would I ever feel any sort of excitement if I know he's completely undestroyable?

I mean I know Marvel doesn't have to stones to kill off a single hero, but this just sucks all the anticipation of maybe. MAYBE, someone getting wrecked.

>is like being conservative and gay: you're actively supporting people who don't give a fuck about you
Liberals don't give a shit about you either the moment a higher priority minority needs the spotlight (aka pandering). Need to double down on women's rights this election? Gays are mysogynists, fuck them. Want to bring over Muslim rapefugees to look good to the rest of the EU? Fuck your security. Also Muslim crimes against fags and trannies get swept up by the media.
I'd rather vote Republican. They may not like me, but they're not going to pretend they do to then fuck me over, and they will respect and protect my freedom to shove cocks up my ass.

Most liberals live in white enclaves, so blacks make a fun pet project. It's not like they have to deal with blacks in their neighborhood, so why not shove them into other neighborhoods?

Well, thats all I needed to see to not watch this.

>whatliberalsactuallybelieve.png

You might enjoy daredevil instead then. He spends both seasons getting his head kicked in at various intervals.

>there's a tv character that isn't a fierce liberal

super problematic desu

Grow up.

>source: FBI

oh

>if I ignore it, it will go away.
Liberals smdh

>>What the fuck is "responsibility politics"?

Something a liberal could never understand. You see, a liberal cannot conceive a black person advocate for self-agency and thus personal responsibility since it goes against the liberal's underestimation of their token minority.

>Tyrone you're supposed to be my pet! You can't go against the narrative, now go eat some soul food and and rap for me.

>FBI not being the whitest agency in the world
Who else can step right in the middle of your work place and declare himself the boss because muh authority?

I feel like it's more that context is an important factor when talking about racial politics. It really does send a different message when a white dude calls out young black men for acting like hooligans than when a black father figure does it. It's no different than being called a faggot by one of your friends vs. being called a faggot by some random asshole you just met on the street.

Victimization reports that correspond to the conviction rate all must be forged by whites too.

You argue like a woman and cannot challenge your own worldview. Go coddle yourself, you fucking child.

>hyper-judgmental

Genius use of irony here.

>You argue like a woman and cannot challenge your own worldview.
I called the FBI a white agency and you're foaming in the mouth like a little girl. I think the triggered bitch here is you.

This. I'm gay and voting all red this election year.

It's not pandering, policies and ineffectualhand wringing that changes things, it's straight up tribalism.

It goes way, way deeper than how you dress, but that's a good jumping-on point. It's a criticism and rejection of the ghetto culture that gangsta rap has been glorifying for the past three decades.

Ever had to deal with any hood rats? They're brought up from the cradle to have, or at least display, zero respect for anyone in a position of authority.They're loud and foul-mouthed even when they're not angry. They make big, sweeping power gestures in casual conversation. Their whole body language is built around displays of power and quick, faux-aggressive movements.

Know who's getting trained to deal with that sort of behavior? Certainly not the cops. That's not in the budget. All that comes as on the job training and God help you if you fail a fucking pop quiz. Couple that with the police force being staffed largely with people who didn't come from that culture, and you got serious problems and misinterpretations.

Any idiot knows you don't make sudden moves in front of a dangerous animal, Hell, you don't even do that shit in front of a dog you don't know if you're smart, but these idiots ignore calls to keep their hands visible, shrug and juke like they're a starting running back shaking off tackles, then get all outraged when some undertrained, underpayed working stiff gets scared and pulls the trigger.

Black lives matter? Well start fucking acting like they do.

>t. cop

So basically Cage's an Uncle Tom who shames blacks who act like niggers and brings up how niggers cum inside of women and then leave. THIS IS PROBLEMATIC, BLACKS SHOULD NEVER BE HELD ACCOUNTABLE, EVERYTHING IS THE WHITE MAN'S FAULT.
You do realize once Hillary wins against the fucking retard that's supposed to be our savior everything will get much, much worse than this right?

>>t. cop
Don't choose a career if you can't accept the risks that come with it.
>Know who's getting trained to deal with that sort of behavior? Certainly not the cops.
Nobody expects high school drop outs to understand the complex mechanics of social interactions.

You're casting pearls before swine in this thread.

>implying SJW shills aren't getting used for votes and won't be promptly left in the ditch the second she takes office

Ask the homos what great friends the Clintons were if you don't believe me.

I accept them every day.

Tbh I agree with you. It doesn't help that cops have a billion suckups swinging from their nuts who refuse to believe one of you guys can ever fuck up or doing something wrong though.

>IM TRIGGERED AT THE THOUGHT OF SOMEONE ELSE HAVING A DIFFERENT OPINION TO MEEEEE
>I NEED MY PERFECT ALT RIGHT SAFE SPACE RESTORED
>pls don't discuss things that make me uncomfortable guys :C

That doesn't really change anything I said. Liberals pretend to care; conservatives flat out don't give a shit and fight to make it worse for said groups. Your whole post is "b-but liberals are bad too!", but that doesn't mean conservatives aren't looking for the juiciest and most controversial events (shootings, protests) to either hammer in their views or to pander in the same way to the very groups they marginalized for years.

Look at this post and tell me conservatives don't attract the stupidest kind of people.

You'tr right. The stance that the police are infallible is just as big a part of the problem. The truth lies in the middle, like it usually does.

white guy from upper class background here

you really have no idea how shitty we are to you behind your back

like, it's not as if every white dude on the face of the earth would rather hang than let a black guy leave the ghetto, but they do exist, and they're more likely to show their true colors to us than they are to you.

you should stick to fucking up hobos. they aren't as organized as the blacks

Quit shilling your own shitty write ups. Nigger.

I thought the show was great. Better than your article.

Lefties ACTIVELY make my life worse as a gay man.
I don't give a shit about gay marriage considering there's not a single monogamist gay guy out there sadly.
I rather not be able to get married than get beheaded by the floods of islamist third worlders.

You're moving goalposts. "liberals pretend to care"

They promote behavior of blind acceptance which leads to social behaviors that are simply maladaptive under the auspices of "diversity and acceptance".

AIDS rate in the gay community? Crime? Republicans rail against poor social behavior but liberals enable it. That's just worse.

Only the lucky will receive a quick death like beheading

>Lefties ACTIVELY make my life worse as a gay man.
Sure.
>I don't give a shit about my rights but I do care a lot about this impossibly fictional scenario I made up based on what conservatives told me.

Shit, this is why libcuck sites like Pajiba haven't reviewed this and probably won't. Luke Cage should be a weed smoking cop killer, it's very problematic if he isn't

>conservatives flat out don't give a shit
fuck off idiot

>impossibly fictional scenario

I've had knives pulled out on me 6 separate times by refugees and immigrants.

Pulse in Orlando, Fl says hi.

i like jessica jones is she in this

responsibility politics states that black people have any responsibility for the actions which happen to them.

usually this is called "common sense", but libs hate common sense so...

>throwing gay men off of rooftops isnt a thing that happens in the Middle East

Show's terrible.

My dad works at Nintendo, maybe he can help.

>2012
>"justifiable", without proper context of both the question made and the answers
>implying you don't want your wife to obey you

Wow, really makes u think...

I never made a reference to the middle East until the paranoid conservatives started branding out their info charts. Nice try, though.

Yeah, a gay man getting attacked in a european city with a big muslim population is a fantasy scenario. It has never happened in the entirety of history.

hundreds of millions of muslims would execute homos

You're aware that some people would rather see you dead, but you're actively supporting people who would rather see you dead so they can rack up some more votes. I called you stupid earlier in the thread, I'm doing it again.

Good thing that we were talking about the US then, huh?

>believing conservatives want to kill gay people

Jesus Christ...

>conservative soccer moms want to kill gay people
Are you listening to yourself

>i have to split hairs because I can't refute your stats.

Islam is overwhelmingly against homosexual relationships unless you are a warlord and have tea boys to fuck in the ass.

Inshallah liberal.

You're embarrassing yourself.

>conservatives flat out don't give a shit and fight to make it worse for said groups.

I don't want to start a shitstorm so I won't go to deep into anything, but the primary reason that black people are more aggressive and have adopted certain sweeping gestures has to do a lot with the fact that historically their silence and well manners have put them no where but in places of subservience. Honestly if black people were as well mannered as you wanted them to be it wouldn't change any social positions that they're stuck in. The idea is that since a poor black person's economic position puts them in a corner where they cannot exert dominance, the only other way is to actually show people that they cannot be taken advantage of through mannerisms and speech. This is all passed down generationally.

It's almost how normal people look at the average Cred Forums user. Edgy sarcasm, alt-right ideals and an affinity for questionable fetishes is unhealthy (at least from the view of a normal person) I could tell everyone on this board that they should be less degenerate, but doing that wouldn't make them less depressed or jaded.

>it's a anons pretend conservatives don't fuck it up for gay and black people on a daily basis because they're literally too young to remember episode

>Honestly if black people were as well mannered as you wanted them to be it wouldn't change any social positions that they're stuck in.
That's completely fucking wrong though. Asians didn't have to shoot up everything in sight to get where they are today.

>it's a twenty something thinks that western conservatives will actually fucking hang gay people as opposed to the third world savages who will actually hang them

This, we'll be lucky if Hillary dosen't start WW3.

>Sandy Hook Shooting

Inshallah brother, you speak the truth. Those evil conservatives truly come from places that have no compunction executing their fellow men for the crime of homosexuality

Let us come into your country, and we will show you the riches of diversity as seen in this heartwarming video

liveleak.com/view?i=f6d_1435932798

Praise Allah (PBUH)

Respectability politics is basically playing up to what white people want you to be. It's nothing to do with BLM, at least originally, though respectability politics is probably what makes the show shy away from being pro-BLM.

Like one of the problems with the show is that while it was very "black", it shyed away from actually calling out much in the way of institutionalised racism.

It's a lot more convenient for a white audience to get behind an "Exceptional" black lead. It's sort of a problem because instead of exploring the systems that affect minorities it puts the onus on each individual to be "Exceptional" and act in a particular manner that's tasteful for white people. Respectability politics means acting more white, or more according to how white people think black people should act.

The same goes for other minorities, like in terms of gays who act otherwise conservative. This sort of thing sucks because it means everyone who's not or can't be liked that gets thrown under the bus.

Of course the majority of people on a pretty openly white supremacist site(thanks, Cred Forums) aren't going to understand how and why this is an issue, but for the few people who might actually be open to learning instead of having anti-SJW/alt-right reflexes kick in this is what it means.

>it's a little user doesn't give a shit about people's rights and livelihood as long as the pesky terrorists his government created stay on their side of the pond episode

>Don't choose a career if you can't accept the risks that come with it.
Cops don't have a duty to die for hood rats

>or more according to how white people think black people should act.
Like a decent human being?

ok sorry but that's not how you use Inshallah you edgy fuck, though with the Allah (PBUH) i'm guessing you know this and just think it's fucking funny to piss around with other people's cultures and religion, just like you've made a hobby of ripping into Islamic homophobia while making sure that anyone that points out it's roots in colonialism and western sponsored Wahabbism is mocked for being an Ess Jay Doubleya.

Inshallah you'll stop being such an edgy ignorant fuck some day.

>I don't give a shit about my rights but I do care a lot about this impossibly fictional scenario I made up based on what conservatives told me.

You see, decency is relative.

This is exactly the thing. The idea that the default white way of acting is "a decent human being" and the default black way is somehow in need of fixing is pure white supremacy.

>still trying to put words in my mouth
>still trying to dismiss a point I'm not even making
Nice pasta, though.

What is the default white way of acting, anyway? What's so decent about it? Even the most "redpilled" and apparently decent white people spend their lives shitposting on imageboards.

> MUH DESTROY WHITE SOCIETY AND VALUES
Black people truly are a bucket of crabs. Sad really. Billions of dollars of scholarship money, free jobs simply for you skin color. And yet you sit around trying to drag down anyone with shit like this.

>is basically playing up to what white people want you to be

lol shut up nigger

At the end all of this is solved by segregation & deportation of non-whites back to their own countries

But ofc a pro-white policy like that is anetheama in this day/age.

>it's a libtard realizes he doesn't have any actual facts to back up his absurd claims so he resorts to memeposting episode

keep making your side look brilliant famalam

>Mike Colter, has said in interviews he doesn’t like the n-word and lobbied the show-runner to keep the word out of Cage’s vocabulary.
how horrifying,

can't please anyone anymore

>Western

Please do not take credit away from Saudi Arabia, chief promulgator of Wahabism, which advocates for Islam in its purest and fundamental form. It is as disrespectful as shaking someone with your left hand. You have much to learn, brother.

>it's a conservatard still wants to put words in my mouth so he can defeat an argument he established and is arguing against all by himself episode
Not once have I argued in favor of Muslims, by the way. You can check all of my posts and grind your teeth in anger, because you know I'll be right.

Your argument is that liberals are better for gays than conservatives, because they fight for rights like marriage.

Ours is that they are worse for gays, because they are interested in increasing the number of people in the country who would violently murder gays, as has happened in a number of countries already.

god damn this show is shit

It's not the n word when every nigger calls themselves nigga.

>Mike Colter, has said in interviews he doesn’t like the n-word and lobbied the show-runner to keep the word out of Cage’s vocabulary.
Fuck this bland fucking faggot.
Literally ruining the character with his shit. ight as well make Cage white next

Definition of an uncle tom

>the default black way is somehow in need of fixing

Look, if you want to act like a bunch of murder-worshiping thugs, more power to you. But don't then turn around and blame *ME* when your communities are reduced to impoverished third-world shitholes where businesses are afraid to send jobs because there's a gang war every ten seconds.

You have the right to behave how you choose, but you have to own the consequences of that behavior. You don't get to burn down your own house and then say "DA WHITE MAN DID DIS!"

>because they are interested in increasing the number of people in the country who would violently murder gays
As opposed to conservatives effectively making your life a lot worse through the denial of your basic rights and attacks on your very livelihood. Got it.

>b-but conservatives don't want to cut my head off
And I'm sure they just LOVE you and everything you represent. Why, you're one of the "good gays", you don't have to push it on everyone else's face, right? So you won't have to make the terrorist angry!

Look, if the decision is between murder and fewer rights, I'll pick fewer rights. It's not optimal, but it's an obvious choice.

I'm not sure what you mean by attacks on livelihood, though.

>but you have to own the consequences of that behavior

The liberal believes that black men are simple bodies without agency. Thus, the liberal must provide for them, as one does a pet.

In liberal rhetoric "They are too oppressed by whites (and police), too underrepresented...etc. to do this, that and so forth"

>I'll pick fewer rights
See? Stupid people vote for conservatives.

I don't disagree with you. There are sociological and psychological reasons behind the behavior, but acknowledging those things doesn't change the fact that acting defiant and disrespectful to a cop is doing zero benefit for anything but street cred.

Two decades of civil disobedience did more for the cause of Black America than half a century's worth of ghetto culture ever has. In fact, I'd argue that the glorification of that ineffectual defiance and embrace of alternate paths to "power" are working to erode the gains the movement made through the 50s and the 60s.

I genuinely believe you must be trolling at this point, there's no reason to just ignore the post this way, otherwise.

>less rights
Sounds like you should vote democrat

Liberals want to see you get killed so they can use you as their victims again.

see, they want you to stay on the leftist plantation. vote trump.

Cops actually shoot violent black criminals at a lesser rate then any other race, the only reason that black deaths from cops are higher in proportion to their population size is because they commit so much fucking violent crime.

So if BLM was actually interested in preventing black deaths they should start by reducing black crime.

The radical notion that people are responsible for their own actions.

>blacks
>organized

how the black panthers doing?

>sigh
back in the oven

>not forming your own opinion by watching the show

I am glad this statement exists and is repeated so much. It lets you know right away when a person is utterly ignorant.

>humanities degree
>upper middle class
>able to afford nicer areas in downtown cities
I have some bad news for you user
Kill yourself tonight

>Am I meant to take the show seriously when this faggot is always making that smug face?

Wouldn't you be perpetually smug if you were practically invincible?

>making excuses

Quiet Asians and Indians get by just fine by behaving civilized

It's not about "Fewer rights" its about less disgusting faggotry promoted by government & media, and less unconstitutional anti-discrimination garbage.

Please go back to and stay in your ancestral homeland.

>Trying to make this show out to have some sort of political message aside from "niggas doing nigga things gets a good nigga killed then a black nigga thats bulletproof starts getting revenge on niggas doing nigga shit"

Where's the message? Why'd this show get criticized and not any other marvel Netflix show for some meta shit like this

Play whatever word games you want, the practical outcomes are the same, and it makes you sound like a leftist.

>less disgusting faggotry promoted by government
Conservatives are totally fine with gay people, guys.

Cred Forums is anti-degeneracy

>still playing word games like a little bitch

I bet you think you're better than SJW's.

Because any representation of a black protagonist that doesn't embrace ghetto culture is "problematic."

Both Matt Murdock and Jessica Jones are guilt-ridden and psychologically fucked up, respectively, just like white people are supposed to be.

>People with totally opposite views & behaviors are the same because of *insert logical fallacy here*

>my political views decide my value as a person

Holy shit, you actually believe this.

politics and political views do matter yes
And who you are defines your politics

If i see some blue haired girl with a nose piercing, she ain't gonna be a Trump supporter.

I'm actually kind of sad I share a party with you. Feel free to post that image with the mask or whatever, it won't change the fact that you're an idiot I have to live with.

I'd say the ghetto culture is a result of the lack of traction that civil disobedience achieved.

'Respectability politics' would be suggesting that not acting like a criminal would be a good idea if you don't want to be treated like one. These 'politics' have been known to working-class whites for centuries, but because no leftist has listened to a working-class person for about a century, they assume this is racially-targetted advice.

It's interesting that you asked what 'responsbility politics' is, and everyone replied as though you'd asked what 'respectability politics' is. Perhaps this is a thought experiment.

>black person doesn't like to be called a nigger
>this is racist

What the fuck.

(You)

OP fucked up, look at the last line of the quote.

Dont ever stop, fight what black culture has become.

Stay black.

Stay conservative.

I'm not anyone's idea of a conspiritard, but if you can't see the hints of a hidden hand in the rise of the glorification of ghetto culture, you might want to look a little closer.

It's self-defeating, anti-intellectual, and encourages a "thug" lifestyle that will never be accepted by society at large. It's anti-establishment but offers no viable alternative but smoke weed, stay stupid, and get that paper. It's a pyramid scheme and anyone who buys into it deserves everything that happens to them.

Leftists are just hostile to whites & the country
They don't believe whites should have their own anything, and that we need to be open global communities where whites eventually disappear

They are also extremely corrupt about it, all profitting behind the scenes for the shit they advocate.

The civil rights "movement" happened because of whites, not because of black anything.
I think you have to be absolutely delusional to view the civil rights as an improvement for blacks, it was not in any regard.

Other than the mass trillion dollar wealth transfers from whites to blacks ofc.

> being this Cred Forums

>That's cute
That's cute

I saw it, and that was my assumption, but don't you think it's interesting that nobody pointed out the mistake?

Yeah, we were way better off under Jim Crow. How could I have been so blind?

Fucking retard.

Not particularly. Pedantry is a lot less interesting than racism.

It's not pedantry when a genuine mistake has been made. You're thinking like a nigger.

>black people complaining

wow what a surprise

Correcting a slip of the tongue is pedantry, you're thinking like a kike.

? Do you have any idea what jim crow actually was?

Wow blacks had seperate businesses, and lived in seperate areas, kinda like exactly how it is today huh
In terms of social metrics like crime, disfunction, marriage/illegitimacy rates, blacks are universally worse off.

Look at black CULTURE today, my fucking lord. 70 years ago nigs walked around in suits and ran their own businesses.

but hey, I ain't black so I don't give a shit, whites just should not be suffering from the problems of blacks.

He typed the wrong thing after reading it, you are thinking like a nigger. Nobody mocked it, at least one poster should have.

And the kind of poster that would was instead distracted by the tasty possibility of saying something racist instead. Like I said, racism is more interesting than pedantry.

Yeah, why should I care whether or not I'm legally allowed in a diner based solely off the color of my skin? Not like this is the land of the free or anything.

Get fucked.

It's not pedantry when you really got it wrong. This is like nogs wanting nog grammar recognised by professors.

It's a safe space, so I'm afraid you'll have to stay out to avoid performing an act of violence against the occupants.

It's not, though. That's a line in a national anthem. All national anthems lie. America is the land of the authoritarian Christian landowning white men.

Freedom would be the diner being allowed to exclude based on whatever criteria they wish.

I don't know what sort of value structure a person can have to view these things as important, why would you want to eat at a place you are unwelcome?

I seriously have no idea why you would be so hung up on a typo. Who gives a shit?

>black character acts like a role model
>this is problematic in current year

There's too many niggers in this show. I don't want to watch it.

I'm not hung up on it, it just seems like these days all you need for a successful Cred Forums thread is to mash your hand on the keyboard with a picture of a darkie.

Yes, that is correct.

You're saying that you're cool with Apartheid. Just want to make that perfectly clear.

Lotta liberals who don't know any blacks but are real sure how they deserve to be treated

Wasn't Apartheid a legal separation? There's a difference between the government enforcing segregation, and private individuals reserving the right to associate only with those they choose.

I'm saying there is a reality of Apatheid & Jim Crow which is quite acceptable/defendable, and superior to the alternative.

And then there is the insane strawman that the modern left has created about them, which you seem to believe in.

Much like how they'll make movies about random killings of civil rights activists from 60 years ago, but never would make a movie about the daily atrocities of blacks today.

Came to this thread to talk about boss nigger blowing up the Chinese restaurant outta fucking nowhere! Everyone's arguing about SJW/BLM/OMG/BFF/JILL

What am I, on fucking facebook? Look at all you fucking lames ass normies. I don't even want to talk about the show anymore.

This is how it is forever now. Cred Forums got too strong and drew the attention of real media. Now everything they do gets in the news, which draws more politically driven people to come here. We are all Cred Forums forever.

>He only talks about respect because that's what you fucking treat eachother with.
But you don't understand: telling blacks to treat each other and other people with respect is like slavery and the holocaust rolled into one. Blacks should behave however they want and we, as evil white rapist oppressors, should be totally fine with that.

You know who's cool with apartheid, and is promoting it? BLM. Their avowed endgame at this point is blacks-only areas with no policing.

But yes, of course we're cool with apartheid. I'd be cool with accidentally-on-purpose genocide, at this point. I want to be safe as a white person.

Man it's fascinating how delusional people like you get to try to maintain coherence in your corrupt political narrative.

>implying anyone cares about kikes getting blacked

We did that to each other though.
Only small parts of Asia don't actively hate each other. Look at Asean most of those nations have been at war with one member or another in the last century.

Once you see the SJW kikery you can't unsee it famalam. It's everywhere.

gook moot should really just fucking delete it already

Yea, he's from Georgia, and I don't think it's going to far astray to think black people from the goddamn south are going to act different from ones in Harlem.

Jim Crow was also a legal separation. Back of the bus, and all that. There were also elements of it designed to make it unnecessarily complicated even registering to vote.

Defensible? Maybe. Acceptable? Only when you're not the one being excluded. Superior? On what metric?

At least in one aspect, you're absolutely correct. Perfect freedom would be businesses being perfectly within their rights based solely off their own beliefs. The problem came when the government became an active participant in the process. There are still stores and restaurants in the south(other places, too, I'd imagine) where managers exclude clientele via social ostracism. It's just not, and never again will be, acceptable to hang a sign in your window saying you're a white restaurant, any more than it would be acceptable to do the same with any other race.

Just so you know, you're talking to a guy who can remember a time in Alabama where the Klan still collected donations at a local crossroads and there was a billboard on a well-traveled road going into Cullman county with "Don't let the sun set on your black ass" painted on it. It was there for years.

Bigotry and racism are unavoidable parts of the human psyche. Institutionalizing them is where the problems come from. We have to be better than that.

Rich black people act like niggers too

>We have to be better than that.

We never can be.

>you're talking to a guy who can remember

Fuck off, auld Rastus.

I guess they ignored these...

Conservatives treat gays in a far more civilized way than muslims. You're having to make some distorted argument to try to reconcile this with the fact that you support liberals, which is why you've looked like a boffoon the entire thread.

Only people who are emotionally married to their irrational political beliefs actually think importing third world savages is good for gays, or anyone else.

>We never can be.
I disagree. We can never eradicate personal bias, but we can avoid institutionalizing it. That's a big part of what getting Jim Crow thrown out was.

Comic nerds pay for this crap?

I already told you to fuck off, dinge.

I will never understand how liberals can have such a boner for Muzzies. They're ultra-conservative.

Don't believe me? Let's see a show of hands. Those who've already lost both of them can just hop up and down to be counted.

>There are still stores and restaurants in the south(other places, too, I'd imagine) where managers exclude clientele via social ostracism.

Citation needed. And don't pull the "I'm from the South and I've seen it firsthand" card, because I'm also from the South and still calling bullshit on you.

>It's just not, and never again will be, acceptable to hang a sign in your window saying you're a white restaurant, any more than it would be acceptable to do the same with any other race.

And it would remain completely unacceptable even if mommy government didn't threaten to step in.

>Institutionalizing them is where the problems come from.

Go ahead and point out the law that specifically targets minorities for discrimination so we can end it.

>We have to be better than that.

Thanks for your insight, concern trolling moralfag.

It's a nearly completely black cast with a decent concept.

The liberal media is just asking for a beating with this. I can only think of the snake that eats it's own tail.

>Go ahead and point out the law that specifically targets minorities for discrimination so we can end it.

People are arguing that the Jim Crow laws would be preferable to the current situation.

>Only when you're not the one being excluded.

There is a whole world outside of white countries, white society, white civilization, nothing stops them being being totally acceptable places to live.

Under segregation blacks owned & operated their own businesses. And it would be wrong to suggest that the majority of the black population supported forced integration.

Yes, so why are you still here, you thick fucking spade? Nobody here is going to change their mind.

Their minds have been warped by the Marxist social theories they learned in college. They believe that all equality is explained by power structures, so they're wired to see minorities as de facto protagonists no matter what.

They don't realize that they're a parody of themselves. Muslims make Evangelical Christians look like nudist gun banners. It's amazing how they don't realize how stupid they are.

>Citation needed. And don't pull the "I'm from the South and I've seen it firsthand" card, because I'm also from the South and still calling bullshit on you.

If you go to a restaurant and get treated like shit, get shit service, and the stinkeye from the regulars, do you go back? That's either a shit restaurant, or it's social ostracism. You decide.

>Go ahead and point out the law that specifically targets minorities for discrimination so we can end it.
We already did. We were talking about Jim Crow. Learn some actual history, kid.

I'm not that guy, I'm just pointing out the laws that he's referring to, since you're semi-illiterate

An open mind is valuable. Yet it should be tempered to the point where it won't be filled with shit.

Conflating integration with the abolition of Jim Crow-mandated segregation and voter registration is just that - your own conflation.

>If you go to a restaurant and get treated like shit, get shit service, and the stinkeye from the regulars, do you go back?

Have you considered it was because you're an anus?

For the rest of your post, see

If a state and/or a people wish for segregation. What right does the federal government have to step in?

Are male/female bathrooms unconstitutional ?

quoting your inner thoughts is not a valid argument

>That's either a shit restaurant, or it's social ostracism. You decide.
Well that's the problem isn't it? Blacks have no experience of being White, so they have no idea how much of that shit everyone else goes through too regardless of race.

>I am human fecal matter that smells and looks like ass, people's repulsion is their problem.

hmm

We as a society decided, and amended the constitution to say, that the federal government has a right to step in. Feel free to change the constitution again to stop that.

If they wanted it so bad, how did it get struck down as unconstitutional in the first place? You might want to actually read the Constitution at some point.

No they didn't amend anything, the supreme court supported an unconstitional overreach of the commerce clause, something that would not be passed today.

You might want to read the bullshit arguments they have used in their rulings

This is what I mean about social ostracism. It's nothing you can legislate against, and therefor the go-to solution for any business that wants to "reserve the right" in a way that is immune to claims of racism.

If a restaurant has regulars and stays in business, it must be doing something right. If I'm the only black guy in there and I get shitty service, shitty attitude, and a good dose of the old stinkeye from the other patrons, there's a good chance I'm looking at social ostracism.

The part of this you don't seem to be getting is that I'm actually cool with that. Don't want my business? Not a problem. I won't be back. Just don't have a law on the books that enforces your shitty bigotry.

>get a show with a nearly all black cast and 2/3 of the main ensemble are women of color that get more screen time than Luke himself
>"WAHHH THEY DIDN'T PAINT THE POLICE AS RACISTS AND HE WAS MORE CONCERNED ABOUT THE WAY BLACK PEOPLE TREAT EACH OTHER RATHER THAN HOW BLACKS ARE TREATED"

you can't please these people. it's impossible.

>You might want to read the bullshit arguments they have used in their rulings

I don't agree with every ruling they've ever made, either. I just happen to agree with that one based solely off the fact that it was invalidating laws that denied liberty based entirely off race.

The writer of the article complaining about Cage being a "conservative" wouldn't have been happy unless all the show's villains had been white racists responsible for every problem in Harlem. Getting a show with a mostly black cast that demonstrates a range of moral compasses and that largely determines its own course without evil white people secretly pulling the strings undermines the narrative that black America is fucked up solely because of white racism. In other words, empowering black people and demonstrating their agency takes away from their victim status and makes it harder to justify their hostility and entitlement.

It also brings forward the day when African-Americans are no longer a client class for the Democrats to lead around by the nose.

And holding demonstrations and riots and making a huge fucking ruckus over a couple dozen black people getting killed by cops while black people are shooting and killing each other in the tens of thousands on an annual basis is absolutely stupid as fuck and nobody will ever take BLM seriously when their priorities are so hilariously warped.

Not only that, but you're wrong in the first place. Police do get charged when evidence of unjustified homicide is presented. The problem is, the vast majority of the black people who get shot by police are justifiably shot.

1. He's not invincible once they prepare weapons and ammunition specifically to hurt him
2. No matter how strong or durable he is, he can't punch the community's problems away because they're not physical threats, they're ways of thinking.

>Police do get charged when evidence of unjustified homicide is presented.

You mean the same police who have control over almost all of the evidence at any given crime scene? Who have been recorded planting evidence and who are consistently reluctant to release official footage of the events of these shootings?

I'm not even a BLM supporter, I just think the police need some serious reform.

Do you really think Brazil's problem is race mixing?
Are all Cred Forums posters this retarded

All of this is based on the incorrect assumption that social attitudes toward black people are the same as they were during Jim Crow. The truth is that white kids these days are by and large brought up with a civilized, racially egalitarian mindset that leaves them perfectly capable and willing to treat blacks as their peers on more or less equal terms.

The trouble starts when they get smacked in the face with the loud, violent, swaggering reality of black America. Young white people these days aren't racist because of what they were taught growing up, they just become that way after one too many dealings with black people who act completely uncivilized for no good reason.

I like the subtle racism implied in this post. You posit (correctly) that being called random insults by a friend in jest and someone random you just met is two different contexts and different levels of familiarity;something you could develop with anybody. But you then associated that with race. Would it be alright if a white guy told his black friend that and would it equally hold the same context if a random black person told another black person he didn't know?

There's no real need to answer, because I get the basic arguement: white people are the oppressors and so have no right to dictate anything to the oppressed. It's repeated ad nauseum by BLM.

99% of the problems of brazil stem from the fact its a brown country

Its in fact the ONLY thing that seperated south america from north america
Race

dont be a nigger if you dont want to be shot

it goes both ways here

I'm going to test this theory.

You only say that because you are black, and have the opinion that blacks benefitted from it

What improves a community, blacks using the power of government to force their way into white areas/business/institutions, usually destroying them in the process, or for blacks to build something of their own in their own communities?

>Respectability politics is basically playing up to what white people want you to be.

What's that exactly? Civilized? Responsible? Hard working? Humble?

Those are values everyone should adopt, and the failure to adopt those values goes a very long way in explaining the ongoing failure that is black America. We have no responsibility to accept a culture of loudmouthed braggadocios who constantly blame everyone but themselves for their problems.

What about the Catholic-Protestant divide? Protestantism is about having a good work ethic and shit, Catholicism is about apologizing for being a shitty person and then staying a shitty person.

the whole protestant work ethic is more meme than anything else.
Obviously, catholics largely approving of race mixing & proselytizing to non-whites contributed to the modern south america.

>I'm not even a BLM supporter, I just think the police need some serious reform.

I love it that you people don't get that the endgame of this is fully privatized police forces that only patrol rich white neighborhoods. That's the only reason BLM has been supported by the white media.

Absolutely bullshit. Mexicans deal with their counterparts, cholos, all the time and it is not because of socioeconomic disadvantages. Those idiots CHOOSE that culture themselves. In fact, a lot of them, unlike niggers, GIVE UP that culture all together and move on to become normal civilized people. The most likely people to reform from prison is Hispanics from straight up cholos to civilized people because Hispanics are more honest with themselves. They are not in denial like blacks are about their degeneracy.

This is one of the strangest things I've heard yet, in this thread. Where did you pick this up from? It's too out there for Alex Jones.

You're talking about quotas and equal opportunity. That's a completely different animal than abolishing Jim Crow laws. You're talking about the near-inevitable overcompensation that occurred once the pendulum swung back in the opposite direction.

I don't like those things, either. If there was ever a time for them, it has long since passed.

He wears a hoodie because he's trying to hide his identity in public not because of some stupid fucking homage.

I don't get it
The dude doesn't like being called nigga, didn't want anyone to die senselessly, wanted to keep his friend's mission of helping the youth be a force for good alive, and was alright with being black. He doesn't even give a shit about what happens with you as long as you aren't hurting yourself, others, or the community as a whole. Am i missing something here? Other than the preachy Crispus Attucks speech to that kid and the swear jar in the shop, i don't really get the argument they're putting out there. The tailored clothes thing seemed to be more of a think-piece than an actual belief he held. They even showed the tough guy white cops in a lesser light by having the SWAT leader be a reactionary asshole that blatantly ignored the chain of command and the CO be a racist controlling dickweed.
Luke's old school and with old school comes some conservatism obviously, but he seemed to come from a more logical and pragmatic standpoint that actually took empathy into account.
I'm gonna have to watch it again to see where they're coming from but right now they seem like shitlicking faggots who can't be satisfied

Nah man, black people wearing hoodies is pretty rare so it's an obvious case of trying to send a message.

Nah, it was clearly a reference to Saint Trayvon of the Blessed Skittle.

I honestly can't wait for the inevitable response from the police officers across the country.

Blue flu anyone? How about a "phone day," where they enforce absolutely no laws at all and just record people doing illegal shit on their personal phones and upload it all to wikileaks?

The problem here is that Cage thinks black people should take responsibility for their own actions rather than blaming the whites for everything, and that's awful and racist because White Man is Satan.

I wish people like you would watch the fucking show before you open your retarded mouths and see that A: he's the son of a preacher and goes to great length to not curse at all, not the least of which reason is because of respect for Pops. B: He actually does say nigga once to a kid who rolls up behind him and pulls a gun on him and calls him a nigga.

It's like nobody is allowed to write specific characters to have quirks. The actor didn't ask them to remove the word from the script, everybody ELSE said it all the fucking time, villains and good guys. It was just him.

Kill yourself.

>That's a completely different animal than abolishing Jim Crow laws.

Not really, segregation was "wrong" because of inequal outcome, therefore de jure equality is also wrong because of inequal outcome.
It's all the same thinking in the end.

As for things like disenfranchising black voter.. I think the state of any black majority city speaks for itself.

No it was wrong because the government is not supposed to discriminate between its citizens.

Jim Crow was wrong because it put up actual legal barriers that prevented the possibility of equal outcome. Once those barriers are removed, the outcome becomes unimportant.

? Of course a government discriminates, the sick get medical care, the poor get welfare, the unemployed get unemployment, etc

Everything they do involves "discrimination".

I'm not going to try and convince you of anything, you're core values are warped to hell. Don't feel like you have to be purposefully obtuse here.

The only discrimination the constitution outlaws is RELIGIOUS

Otherwise, America was intended as & founded to be a white ethno state.

ok

>Defensible? Maybe. Acceptable? Only when you're not the one being excluded

You seem to have the opinion that only your ingroup is relevant, which is ironic.

Go live in a ghetto, see how included you feel.

You forgot your qualification of can't discriminate against arbitrary protected classes.
Discrimination against non-protected classes is 100% ok and legal

Race relations in America are a joke.

I unironically think there might be some kind of "race war" imminent. Maybe not all apocalyptic like neo Nazis believe but more like sustained ethnic conflict that becomes normalised like in Israel. I think everyone is just waiting for a big enough match to light near a big enough powder keg.

I don't say this gleefully either. It scares and depresses me and is the last thing I want

You got it boss

Pretty funny results 2bh

We'll see how it goes, it would be great if it really took off, but I'm already pleased with it tbhwy.

Yeah you're retarded
It must be nice being able to simplify such a complex issue by using ITS COZ THEYRE BLACK

The rest is just window dressing
If a down syndrome retard went to college and failed, are you going to talk about his childhood, his social experiences, his gender identity, etc

The combination of marxist subversives and large non-white populations will ruin any country.

It's not complex. All the countries where they race-mixed are TIRES COVERED IN DOGSHIT AND PERPETUALLY AFIRE, while the countries where they didn't are civilised. Thankfully, you Thanatos-driven Marxists, who having failed to create anything are still nonetheless determined to destroy, have begun to change all that.