Joss Whedon is more of a meme than anything else. He's produced nothing of substance in his whole career...

Joss Whedon is more of a meme than anything else. He's produced nothing of substance in his whole career. Everything he makes that is his own creation is propped up by his fans but fails with general audiences. His fans are teenagers who have yet to develop taste, self important, sanctimonious liberals, and people who actively identify as a geek.

His only lasting legacies are acting as a stepping stone for mediocre actors and cultivating a moviemaking landscape of omnipresent, inappropriate "quippiness" and flippancy.

>being a feminist
>get attacked for the same group he defends

God, I love it.

I can't disagree with anything you've said, O.P. You have my permission to cap this and spam it in future threads.

With pleasure.

>Scroll through memebook
>See a video shared by someone
>It involves Joss Whedon as a self described "feminist-ish man" reading talking points written by a women (in the video with him) about sexism

He's digging in.

Slightly better crop.

Firefly and Dr. Horrible are good though

Buffy and Angel are top tier television.

I don't give a fuck about what his views on politics are.

This is remarkably on the money. Good post OP

Firefly is a meme. We only know about it as more than a footnote because Whedon's fans forced it into recognition. Then it got a movie and it failed.

Doctor Horrible is all in the name and it stars fellow memes Neil Patrick Harris and Felicia Day as well as Nathan Fillion in a Nostalgia Critic-tier production as they poorly sing crappy songs.

No one said anything about his politics. Buffy does not hold up today and Angel was a spinoff that had less Joss input than Buffy.

>He's produced nothing of substance in his whole career
and here you are posting on Cred Forums about some guy that made his way into the buisness. unlike you little guy who has only shitposting to keep himself from suicide

Came here to post this. I also liked Dollhouse and Angel because they both had my top-tier waifu Amy Acker.

Literally a thumb.

The worst part is that I think he was a good feminist, if thats even posible, before the cancer reach critical mass in 2007+ but he was absorved by cancer allies since he didnt have the spine to stay away from them.

Wow, you showed me. I must rethink my positions. Oh wait, you never refuted or even actually disagreed with what I said.

What makes you think I'm interested in the movie industry? Is that the only measure of success to you? Did I make you pause the latest rerun of Firefly because I triggered you? Are you aware that people can post on Cred Forums by phone?

You're projecting pretty hard. You need to get sleep so you don't daydream about Eliza Dushku during class tomorrow. You're not cut out for this whole JWIDF thing.

This user has excellent taste

I'll give you passes if you watched only for her.

Also:

1) Just because you're not a cook doesn't mean you cannot tell bad food from good. The consumer is the ultimate judge of quality.

2) If one cannot criticize, them what is your position on BvS?

I skipped the first season and most of the second and started on the episode her character was introduced.

The show was OK I guess, but I probably wouldn't have bothered if she wasn't in it. Same with Dollhouse.

I completely agree, I can't stand a single thing he's made.