Why won't Netflix upload new releases to the library anymore...

Why won't Netflix upload new releases to the library anymore? I could see letting redbox and DVD sales get exclusivity for a month or two, but this is ridiculous. They just add dumb straight to DVD bullshit most months.

Other urls found in this thread:

epix.com/
nowstreamingpod.com/
forbes.com/sites/danafeldman/2016/10/03/netflix-has-slashed-its-library-by-more-than-50-since-2012/#1d7516f062bc
whatsnewonnetflix.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Got any more?

It was easier to get away with when they were a new thing and distributors didn't yet know how much money they were losing.

Unfortunately that's the only on the artist took to my knowledge

But losing how? Hardly anyone buys dvds of average releases anymore, just like rare criterion shit right? Who's missing out on a cut of Mike and Dave Need Wedding Dates?

No. That's just dumb.
The real reason is that they want to be HBO.

They being slowly priced out of their content contracts.

Which is why they have something like 2BB (that's billion) dedicated to original content for the next few years....

If they keep losing programming, their customers will leave in droves.

I've already dumped netflix for Amazon prime, and it's way worth it

You know what's weird: the teen-preteen versions of Barbie dolls have shaped panties; it's part of the cast. I guess it's too obscene to have a toy of a child without molded underwear.

Also I agree, Netflix has lately sucked ass. I'm this close to ditching them entirely, but they recently did a large movie dump so there's a couple of things to watch. American Crime isn't horrible.

Netflix wants to 50% original content.

this is on there right now

and it's one of the best movies made in the last 5 yrs or so

There's a lot of legal bullshit that forces physical rental chains to give a ton of money to distributors. The statutes don't apply to streaming. So distributors are pulling shit off netflix so they can put it on fucking red fucking box or some shit.

There's also that absolute utter nightmare of an imagined situation where every distributor has their own streaming service.

Why do they keep calling those anime "Netflix Original"? Why is that even allowed?

who is this semen deamon?

Gay propaganda. The lgbt Schindlers list.

you have to pay for it, and the studios won't sell them the content

>one of the best movies made in the last 5 yrs or so
Whatever you say, Harvey.

That makes no sense. Video renting is dead. Publishers aren't getting money from something that's dead.

>Why won't Netflix upload new releases to the library anymore?

These two plus the fact there are now way more streaming services fighting for the same content. .

you boys named neal and bob

or is that just what you do?

>video renting is dead

niggers literally line up in front of redboxes

>But losing how?

Because people pay a flat rate to Netflix every month. The distributors don't, can't, make any more than whatever Netflix pays them for the streaming rights. On the other hand, on Amazon, they get whatever Amazon paid them for the streaming rights *plus* their cut of the rental & purchase fees.

>No. That's just dumb.

It might be dumb, but it's absolutely true. Netflix obviously wants to produce its own programming, but they don't want that to be their only draw. But the distributors have come to see Netflix as both competition and not a good source of revenue, and they care more about revenue than anything else.

>take the story of bletchley park and turn it into CRY FOR THE FAGS propaganda

no, that movie is abominable.

I thought she shat on the floor

If they're the main distributor for that region
Like Europeans would see breaking bad listed as a Netflix original

>OMG NETFLIX LOST 50% OF IT'S CONTENT

wasn't that all from a single redistributor company that had nothing but absolute garbage?

>not torrenting

>nothing but absolute garbage?

one neets trash is another's gold.

either way, losing content = losing customers

I was going to say the same thing but I just checked and Redbox's earning are down 24% from 2014 to 2015. Their parent company was sold in August. Redbox probably won't exist in five years.

I love Prime free shipping but fucking hate, hate, HATE prime video...

It's like they went out of their way to show movies in the worst possible format (same as amazon shopping).

browsing for movies suck ass on this format.

yeah the layout is terrible, just copy netflix ffs

It's about as shitty as Netflix's. If you're on a computer it hardly matters.

Amazon is superior not only in selection, but you can also get add-on channels like Starz or Showtime. I don't think you can get HBO yet because they're super cunty about the changing medium, but eventually they will come around.

Are there even any good movies being added to Netflix?

epix.com/

This is the source of most, if not all of netflix's recent content losses.

nowstreamingpod.com/

I also hate that Amazon tries to "upsell" you on everything on prime.

JUST SHOW ME THE FUCKING FREE MOVIES!!!!!

>wasn't that all from a single redistributor company that had nothing but absolute garbage?

Are you thinking of when they lost all their Starz content? Because this is different. There have been a lot of articles in the past week about how Netflix's catalog is now half of what it was in 2012. Here's a decent one:

forbes.com/sites/danafeldman/2016/10/03/netflix-has-slashed-its-library-by-more-than-50-since-2012/#1d7516f062bc

The part about having to negotiate streaming rights for each international territory they expand into hadn't occurred to me and is yet another good reason for them to move toward original content.

Good? Yes. Relatively new? No.

Im not a casual buddy i can handle old movies, what got added?

Nope, talking about epix. Epix is a redistributor of movies the initial distributor doesn't want to distribute because they know they won't make any money off them.

Such classics as mortdecai and hunger games: mokingjay 2.

They're proud to announce they just got the rights to

So since netflix didn't want to give them anything, they're just doing their own streaming service. Which no one fucking gives a fuck about. Where you can watch such classics as "the first wives club" and "the talented mr ripley."

I still have VHS tapes from 1983 that still play fine. If you take care of the shit you buy it can last you a fucking lifetime.

Shit like Amazon and Netflixs lose the rights to films and shows all the time once their contract with the studio is up.

Meanwhile in physical media land I can still watch my Fucking VHS copy of a Disney film I bought 31 fucking years ago without any type of bullshit.

>the black guy peaking out from behind the white woman with a smug look is the only male in the entire image

now thats Cred Forums

I never realized I had this fetish until now... rly maeks u thik

whatsnewonnetflix.com/

son, its time to admit you have a legitimate problem.

>He pays for a service of shit he could stream or download elsewhere for free.

Ahahahaha, holy sophia. That is what you get, dumbass.

Ah, okay. That was over a year ago though and not the sole reason for the "LOSING 50%" freakout people have been having recently.

>implying Talented Mr. Ripley isn't a great movie

Now we've got a problem.

Talented Mr. Ripley is breddy gud tho.

epix claims to have 2213 movies. A number they inflate with multiple alternate language versions of the same movie.

W-whats a fuck cutta?

They should have 0% original content or cunt-tent in this case

a chick you have on the side

We've seen all Netflix has to offer:
Some shitty cgi mockbusters, some shitty food shows, and all of the hellraiser movies ever made.

Why do people keep paying for this trash, this absense of all that is good?

Because between Frasier, Cheers, all the trek, and scrubs, I never have to find something to play in the background.

kek at the filename

because every idiotic company wants their own distribution service for their own programs, so netflix gets less stuff

That's what they'll all do, and they'll all partner with Amazon. Netflix is heading into the dustbin. It never recovered from the disastrous decision to split the streaming and mail services.