Why did no one tell me this show was so fucking good?

Why did no one tell me this show was so fucking good?

> GOAT Soundtrack
> GOAT Dream Sequences
> Kevin's daughter
> dat flashback episode

On a side note HBO is really hitting it out of the park lately.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4NZdggNUvq0
youtube.com/watch?v=ZoryaJqzOhU
youtube.com/watch?v=l8aoB5ylCjI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

The threads are mostly small, 90% of the people love it, 10% lie to themselves and say they "hate it," because they're still pissed about LOST.

The second season is one of the best seasons of TV, period.

This show is everything I wanted LOST to be.

>yew "Where is my mind?" stars playing

this guy knows wats up

This show is going to be LOST 2.0, the first season was based on a novel but now Lindeloff is just pointing his ass at the paper and shitting out nonsense

They overplay the main theme song of season 1, and it stumbles here or there. But yeah, one of the best shows currently airing. I shame they included those dumb cunt teenager scenes in season 1, nearly made me drop it

Season 3 is confirmed to be the final season so unless they monumentally screw up the season there's NO way it's gonna be LOST 2.0

>that pic

you're fucked m8 season 2 was even better than the first

it literally is lost 2.0 because lindelof has it set so he doesn't even have to pretend to write anything but forced cliche melodrama

Lost was amazing.

>meg joins GR cuz shes angry no one gives a fuck about her mommy dying bcuz happening happened

>gets more kids to join the GR for same reason and wreck a town for literal fucking reasons no one gives a single fuck about

season 2 was shit and you know it.

I'm making a cut with only the dog storyline form season 1.

Everything else was good melodrama, but ultimately led nowhere.

Should I bother with season 2?

no. its just more idiot melodrama.

The fact that this no taste shitposting board loves this show is all the barometer you need.

I think that poster looks stupid and it always makes me not want to watch it. I'll get around to eventually

Because the only currently airing shows this shit board talks about are TWD, GoT and Stranger Things.

>HBO is hitting it out of the park lately
If you are talking about The Night Of, Westworld and The Leftovers, absolutley the rest is crap.

The main character is probably my favorite TV character in a long time. He carries this show to a new level. Most characters in shows I watch do something stupid that makes dislike them a bit but he is based as fuck

I don't qualify others opinions higher than my own.

Vince Principals was good

and GoT is still a guilty pleasure

Justin Theroux didn't get any emmy noms for it either despite his acting being GOAT in this

BUT WHAT SHOW IS THIS???

please? ;_;

GoT was good, past season 4 it is fucking trash besides 3 episodes.

idiot

pretentious 2deep4u: the show

I love how impressed Cred Forumseddit was with the video game episode.

Yeah I know but I'm to invested in the few characters i do like to stop watching now.

so it's not a real show this is just a troll/joke thread?

It is called " Leftovers " . I also hate it when niggers post an image but don't name the show but that's what image search is for I guess.

Show saaaackkss

it's The Leftovers

>lindelof

feh. it's all about religion and they're all in purgatory ever since episode 1 of season 1.

i guess it's goat for those who like chick soap operas.

way too many niggers in season 2

s2 shifts totally as far as the fiction and crazyness goes.
I enjoyed season 1, didn't find it amazing but enjoyable.
Season 2 tickles that lynch nerve of wanting to just see weird inventive/uncommon/dumb shit

The Night Of was extremely mediocre

not enough forced melodrama and orchestral stingers for you?

Did it need to play an instrumental version of "where is my mind" whenever a character was distracted about something?

totally agree. they didn't graphically show the stabbing with victim orgasmically writhing slowly dying gasping. the victim wasn't a hot teenboy. totally mediocre show.

will only watch westworld if there are graphic hot gay sex scenes of hot young men and graphic hot stabbing strangling of hot young men.

Love this show. How is it going to end lads?

I'm just hoping for some Kevin and John adventures in the final season.

>How is it going to end lads?

kek
see

kevin died in jarden and everything in season 3 will be his jacob's ladder fever dream before accepting death.

but he totally wasn't dead the whole time, just remember that. totally.

>last episode has him flashing back to the hotel room in which he fucked the vanished chick having a heart attack

>his dad walks in and says "everything happened and mattered!"

LOSTfag here, is there any chance they are going to resolve any "mysteries"?

I know they don't care for the actual "event", and frankly I don't either.

Like who the fuck is John and what's up with the dogs and the deer and the weird ladies in the car and and

>how is it going to end

The finale will end with a 30 minute fuck-scene of Aimee getting violently fucked by Kevin.

Congrats you are a retard.

We're not gonna find out why the disappearances happened are we?

No, too much feet and pretending Nas wasn't the most obvious and likely suspect. I can't stand the way every "the system is broken" narrative has a such an unrealistic premise. The system worked exactly as it was supposed to, Nas was just a freak accident that fell through the cracks. It peaked in the first two episodes when portraying the terror of being arrested for a crime that you probably did.

And there's nothing wrong with melodrama. I'll take a million earnest shows like The Leftovers over another gritty and cynical crime show like The Night Of

lol i can just imagine lindelof's interview "but this is different! he was not TOTALLY dead!"

i remember a few years ago when, in my country, they made the nth mermaid teledrama and the actress said in the interview "this show is totally different from previous mermaid shows. her tail has a different color."

It really pissed me of they never showed us the "disappearance" VFX.

I'm talking about dat flashback episode in season 1.

At least we saw the plane crash from multiple angles...

>unable to refute truth resorts to insults
>butthurt over truth

kek

Let the mystery be, user. I do hope we get some resolution with the main plotlines though (GR, Meg, Kevin's dad in Australia).

all dissapeared people are waiting for them in the church

>plane crash
>big guy survives
BRAVO ABRAMS

>We're not gonna find out why the disappearances happened are we?

it's a lindelof show. of course you will never find out. "it's all about the character's journey." and feelings or whatev angsty thing girls watch for in shows.

You said they are all in purgatory, that is 100% untrue.

Saying it's a soap...... It's a surreal character drama .

I kept thinking those people are too traumatized.

They all act like death NEVER happened before, like no one in the history of mankind has EVER lost a person dear to them.

I'm come on, shit happens. World would totally move on.

However, if lindelof just wants to explore several broken characters (with a bonus sci-fi plot point just so this show stands out from other dramas), then, well, OK, he's doing alright.

>It's a surreal character drama

which is what soaps are all about ... character drama ... and soaps indulge in surreal plot lines like that doll that is alive or something in twin peaks or hauntings in general hospital

>They all act like death NEVER happened before, like no one in the history of mankind has EVER lost a person dear to them.
How do you miss the specific point of the premise so bad?

Season 3 needs way more Jill, she had so few scenes in season 2
Also Aimee needs to return and cause trust issues between Kevin and Nora

>sci-fi

the rapture is not sci-fi, you flat-earther idiot

dont worry goyim she will have many scenes with her black boyfriend

>be innocent of any crime
>get sent to prison with criminals
>have to become a criminal to survive jail

You were showed a forest and you're pissed one of the trees looked like a penis.

Death at least comes with a reason. The fact that there is literally no explanation within the realm of reason and it being a worldwide event is what makes it so traumatic to them. Even if you didn't lose someone personally, how do you explain what had happened? How do you just move on without being able to reconcile in your mind the absurdity and randomness of it all.

what, that loss is traumatic if you have all the emotional capacity of an 8 year old?

reasons for death, that are even remotely true, are an extremely modern invention.

in the vast majority of cases with the vast majority of people, the shit they come up with to cope is still utter bullshit.

At least it's something. It makes sense in your mind emotionally, even if for fabricated reasons. There's also the element of "could they come back?" that could also drive you crazy.

Still doesn't explain bodies disappearing into thin air. They could all still be alive for all anyone knows. That's the whole point. No closure.

>Still doesn't explain bodies disappearing into thin air.

faithless people like you will suffer in eternity. repent and accept christ and you will be saved.

DELET

how is it any different from a car accident?

it's some pure, cruel randomness. how do people cope with that? I dunno...

again, if his point was that
>yo, people in OUR world are actually fucked
then fine

So unresolved kidnappings/runaways never happened to anyone, ever, as well.

I knew I was hooked after episode 3 of season 1 that was Matt trying to get the money for the church. Damn that was a good episode.

dat show definitely has a
>sci-fi
>fantastical
>mystical
>religious
element

but since it's lindelof we'll never find out which

Did you even watch the show? They disappeared out of thin air.

Kevin was balls deep in a hoe when she materialized into nothing.

>Implying Michael didn't drop that slut when he refused to BLACKED her.

I'm a season1only fag, pls spoil. do they EVER show the disappearance on-camera?

Episode 1 was good.
And Matt episode was good.
And even that survey woman's episode was good.

But still it all feels so pointless.

>yfw it's the piano cover
>yfw kevin sings homeward bound
youtube.com/watch?v=4NZdggNUvq0
youtube.com/watch?v=ZoryaJqzOhU

the matt episode on season 2 was really nice too, i'm a sucker for the whole Job thing

>that survey woman
NORA

Oh, so there are witnesses to unexplained/unresolved kidnappings/runaways. Events where, functionally, the kid just vanished.

Fuck I know this show appeal primarily to millennials, but goddamn stop showing your age.

not done s2 yet. STOKED.

OK, let's say their depression (and outright madness) is justified by the event.

How do you go from that to joining that cult? It's not like they even state their ideology or make their point clearly...

Do all those traumatized people just think
>yeah
>I feel it
>finally after 3 years
>I need to wear white
>and start smoking
>that's it

but why??

has someone ever disappeared while you were having sex with them?

Oh wait I'm forgetting where I am you virgin.

No, but I've wanted them to.

Besides, s1 kevin is the most stable of the bunch and all his mental problems are "GENETIC." In quotes because his disassociation is really just to force him into pre-baked dramatic situations that he'd never get himself into normally, all for the sake of, literally, forcing drama.

>be me hunting dears and dogs
>saw another wild pack in the woods
>hung my shirts to chill on the sun, as usual
>see 7/10 brown qt
>she starts sucking me off
>while I shoot more deer
>suddenly she walks the dinosaur
>dogs dissappear
>I need to buy National Geographic

You're fucking retarded. Millions of people vanished into thin air simultaneously with no explanation. That would change everything. Maybe give it a few centuries and people would begin to doubt it ever happened or whatever but the show is set just a few years after the event.

>to any reasonable person look guilty of a heinous crime
>unfortunately be innocent
>prison sucks
Really complex indictment of the justice system there.

No, that it isn't death and you cannot expect people to return to normalcy when whatever sense of normal you once had is shattered. Think about how the parents of abducted children never get over it until they find a body. Now expand that to the whole world never finding a body, and nobody has a normal society to try and return to

Try explaining nuclear physics to the Japanese peasantry in 1945.

Which is also a point the show itself makes.

>I'm too cool to get fucked up by grief dawg!
I was once a tryhard teenage faggot too user. Don't worry, you'll grow out of it.

>the parents of abducted children never get over it until they find a body

>the entirety of my knowledge of human behavior is informed by ficiton

isn't that nice.

what is try hard is that show.

yes, people do grief.

but this mass hysteria is just too much.

>make a statement about a specific group of people who may exhibit certain documented behaviors

>"entirety of my knowledge of human behavior"

The problem, of course, with your arguments about changing everything and normalcy becoming impossible is how the show directly shows the vast majority of people returning to normalcy by virtue of society still existing, functioning, and moving forward, except for the really fucking stupid, whom the show focuses upon.

Again, you're pretending you know how humans would react to a widespread impossible event. Comparing it to just having someone you know die is asinine. Stop embarrassing yourself.

I don't see how that's a problem with my argument. A minority of people would presumably never get over it. What's the issue here?

this is better than lost because I don't expect any answers

and lindeloff says not to expect any in the interviews

the rest - the character episodes, themes, camerawork + music, all that stuff is top notch.

like the "character mystery" bits when someone is doing something and you only fully understand his motives by the end of episode.

that was nice on LOST and it's nice here.

The point is, in such cases, after years, people have funerals or other such ceremonies to move on.

See also; plane crashes when no bodies can be recovered. There are so many parallels that its just silly to try to claim mass hysteria would still be present FOUR YEARS LATER.

That's like trying to claim most people would still be chanting "CHANGE" four years after obama was elected.

That the happening is completely irrelevant to the narrative and exists only as a cheap hook to draw viewers.

But its lindelof, so that's par.

>one guy allegedly rises from the dead and disappears
>a religion is started which lasts thousands of years and many people die for it, both willingly and unwillingly

>millions of people just pop out of existence simultaneously, many in front of others
>There wouldn't be cults and shit, that's stupid!!

>people tell a story over and over again in an organized fashion for hundreds of years

vs

>four years of scientists saying "dude no one knows what happened lmao."

and that's not a bad thing.
if he wants to explore grief, various ways of coping with it and human condition in general.

why not kick-start it with some sci-fi-ish event, to tie it all together.

but they keep beating their own drum of
>GUYZ THIS IS WORST SHIT EVER
>CAN YOU BELIVE THIS SHIT
>ITS CRAAAZY

and the whole cult subplot.

kinda annoying.

>The point is, in such cases, after years, people have funerals or other such ceremonies to move on.
Which they do on the show years after the event. Most of the world is trying to move on.

>See also; plane crashes when no bodies can be recovered
You're taking the body thing too literally. You still know those people died. The abducted kid example involves not knowing if they could still be out there, and that morbid hope prevents a lot of those parents from accepting the most likely reality. It's being stuck in that mix of denial, confusion, and lack of closure that causes the hysteria in some characters in the show.

>That's like trying to claim most people would still be chanting "CHANGE" four years after obama was elected.
I have no clue whatsoever what your thought process is here

Its a cheap thing.

Its not the only cheap thing.

The entire show is literally built entirely around cheap contrivance for it's own sake.

>all for the sake of, literally, forcing drama.
The show does this, but it also calmly sets up scenarios that are totally surreal, which I find to be comfy as fuck. International assassins was the highlight of s2 for me.

So, this show good?

>the video game episode was the highlight of season 2

yes, its well established the show is mostly praised by Cred Forumseddit

The fact that you immediately think of video games when you see that episode shows what a manchild you are.

What worries me the most is that I don't believe this show has any end-game.

And not just plot-wise (like LOST), but thematically-wise too (like LOST).

I mean what is it trying to say?

It almost said something, via non-ghost Patty (right before she died), but then they quickly back-peddled and kinda went, nah not it.

the point was: people dissapeared, because their relatives WANTED THEM GONE.

I don't care which conclusion they reach, at least it is at least SOMETHING.

But knowing lindeloff, it's probably going to be
> this happens
> and also this
> it's fine when you
> and it's fine when don't
> or actually
>WAIT, this is the important part
> my point is
> ah, forget it

>wake up!
>dude, choose your class
>action sequence!
>solve puzzles!
>action!!
>dialogue your way through this
>more action
>last level
>boss battle!
>boss battle v2!
>you win!!

its literally video game plot structure.

i want to hold hands with jill

>its literally video game plot structure
You're literally proving my point. Accepting a role and completing a task isn't exclusive to your precious "vidya" you autistic loser.

well, gotcha on the thematic direction of the show.

everything is a strained metaphor for one of the five stages of grief. Denial, anger, depression, bargaining, acceptance. The GR is angry about denial, holy wayne was a charlatan who set himself up a tollbooth at bargaining, laurie has her idiot son infiltrate the GR and try to pull out anyone who looks depressed, laurie and matt are walking fucking denial incarnate, etc, etc.

Its a load of shit that blew its wad in the first season and everything afterwards is just dogshit.

Also, good old tired, "is there any magic in this show" of LOST.

So that nigger who took away people's pain?
He took away Kevin's pain as far as I remember.

And it didn't work! HA! Stupid nigger.

But wait, his baby girls have superpowers...

Or maybe they don't.

Tune in next week to find out nothing.

So, what, are you one of those millennials who's never played a video game, thus video game plot structure is new to you? Thus you were impressed by what literally amounted to a "lets play?"

makes sense

cause it felt like it ALMOST reached some kind of thematic conclusion at the end of season 1.

People here have said the show is good. Threads for this never lasted since the lack of memes.

Just like quarry, threads last for like 20 posts then die. Best way to determine if a show is any good if it's still on air.

>people born between 1982 and 2000 who have never played a video game

Less believable than the shows premise

come on he is probably
>implying "videogame plot structure" is based on hero's journey or some such shit

let him be

I think the book concluded it a little better... but ya know lindelof.

Whatever you say about the show, we can all agree that the soundtrack and use of licensed tracks of The Leftovers is absolutely GOAT.

It has one okay piano track it runs into the ground then five different version of "where is my mind."

So, no.

What about Nothing Else Matters?

why did you have to remind me they used a chronos quartet metallica cover

why

There are quite a few others beyond Where is My Mind.

Their use of God Only Knows comes to mind.

It's actually Apocalyptica bro

\m/

youtube.com/watch?v=l8aoB5ylCjI

It's accompanied by the cutest character on tv stripping, so it's golden.