Apologize

Apologize.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=JStz7rdSqmY
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I don't watch autistic reviews of movies. I'd rather judge it myself. Who's this fucking loser and why does this board care so much?

>I'm not going to educate myself on the matters of the thread I'm posting in, but I WILL let everyone know I'm above it all and will graciously allow you peons to spoonfeed me

But I didn't know I wanted BBC action in Star Wars

Now I do, thank you MR.PLINKETT

But that's wrong. They already did an hour long review at release.

Are they lying just so that they can be snarky cunts?

Don't get mad I don't watch some loser talk about a movie 10 months after its out

I'm sorry they're stuck doing this Plinkett garbage for plebs. New BotW when?

AV Club bases their ratings on memes and femtard humor

Holy fuck. Those comments on the article are atrocious. You faggots are awful but I rather deal with this then go somewhere else. Please don't die Cred Forums.

For what?

>The A.V. Club

The guy was delegated to review a Youtube review. There's a pretty good chance he's just incompetent.

He is right tho
Making a review of the movie was completely pointless when everyone knows what they did wrong, instead they focused on an overview of stars are as a phenomenon and it being brought back to life wich was entertaining at least. There is honestly not much to say about the reboot that's not their fault

It was a terrible review and calling it bad is the right thing to do

>Phantom Menance review released 10 years after the film
>this is okay

>Force Awakens review released 10 months after the film, with a non-Plinkett review available in the first week
>wow what a bunch of hacks

AV club sure is a joke.

The A.V. comments section was full of people worse than the most ego-driven tripfags on this site even before everything on The AV Club went to absolute shit.

Because it's more entertaining than the movithere are two reasons to watch a rlm review 1 the movie was bad and you want to laugh at it and the director and controversy surrounding it
2 the movie was good and yoy want to learn a little bit about it

actually, i think OP is asking the plinkett reviewer guy to apologize because, as OP's pic states, all this plinkett does is repeat what everyone has already said.

One was a very detailed and informative retrospective of a kind that hadn't been done previously

One was a two hour shitshow where 75% of it's run time was talking about idiotic fan theories, sarcastically reading contrarian opinions of the prequels and whining about millennials before providing zero insight to the movie it was supposedly about.

>AV CLUB

>before providing zero insight to the movie it was supposedly about.

If you're going to lie, then what is even the point?

I really like how the writer is oh so smug about how pointless the review is and how long it took to get out when he's writing a fucking article about someone else's youtube review of a movie.

Holy fuck, is there a topic more pathetic to write about? "I went through my neighbor's trash last night and you WON'T BELIEVE WHAT I FOUND"

You mean AV Club? The Cult of Black Bodies: AV Club?

Mike used to just laugh off prequel defender's bizarre rants and throw them in the trash.

Why did he give the cycle theory or whatever credence? Even if ripping off and recycling shit from the originals is this deep ancient storytelling technique, the films are still pure shit and the experiment was an objective failure.

Because the larger idea he was exploring was the concept that the prequels (which were pretty objectively shit) were receiving large amounts of defense leading up to these new movies. The ring theory was a pretty popular way to defend the prequels and tearing it completely apart was meaningful. Doing this also interrupted the idea that Lucas had an overarching story in his head since day 1.

>He doesn't blog about what he finds in his neighbors garbage
wew lad

>someone reviews a movie/fan theories/ articles
>someone reviews this
>you review the review of the review

>only the middle one is bad

What does the AV stand for?

He feels threatened by people starting to like the prequels because his entire career was built on shitting on them.

>faggot in SJW site reviews a review
>for some reason Cred Forums cares

anal vore

Autistic Virgins

So if someone buys an Episode II blu-ray Redlettermedia loses money?

>As a site that survives mostly by dumping shit all over the internet, we took offence at the last few minutes of this review
What did they mean by this?

What a glib facsimile of a review about my post about a review about a review about a movie that sucks.

What a fucking hack.

Is this real?

>science really went too far this time

Why are they so fucking mad?

yes

Because the Plinkett video shit all over one of The AV Club's articles, one of those "Why the Prequels are Good" type articles. The author of that article has been whining on twitter all day about it. It's pretty hilarious.

wasnt av club in that list of websites plinkett pointed out that conveniently made articles sucking off the prequels right before TFA?

I think the parts about diversity and sex are weird and they kind of say more about Mike than they do about the movie.

Yes, it's shitty when a huge company sees diversity as a simple marketing ploy and then pats itself in the back for it, but in a few years we'll probably forget about that and just enjoy a movie with a diverse cast. I can't speak for everyone, but I did notice the lack of diversity in the movies I watched during my childhood, not in a tumblr-boycotts-something kind of way, just, you know, realizing my skin and eyes weren't the same color as the heroes'. It didn't stop me from relating to them or liking the movies, it's a lot more subtle than that and it does affect your perception of things (specially in places where inequality is linked to issues of race and so on).

As for sex, I think he does have a point about Disney not having the balls to actually show sexual tension between two characters, but then he shows there are several scenes in which Finn seems interested in Rey (and the internet exploded with Poe/Finn fanart anwyay), so what was the point then? That nobody kissed? Everyone just met. Nobody developed an actual romantic relationship by the end of the original Star Wars either.

I don't know, among all the interesting and fresh observations in the review, those two seemed kind of narrow-minded.

The AV club is such hot fucking shit like Jesus Christ what happened there.

Even just a year ago it was a fine enough site to waste time on while I was at work. It was already in the early throes of death, but I figured it had some time left. Sure, "tell us about your pop-culture weekened" and pseudo-intellectual superhero thinkpieces were starting to infect the site, but their TV reviews were decent.

Now it's just completely unbearable. I know there's been a ton of brain drain from the site but I never thought that in just 12 months it would crash and burn like this.

Plinkett's review was boring as fuck. I've watched most of it at 1.5x speed.

I cannot wait for mike to dig into this someday

is this reviewkino?

I thought the review itself was kinda meh (I thought the reaction to the Disney-backed "The prequels are actually good, guise" shilling was much more interesting than his half-assed TFA """"review""""), but I'm glad it's getting a reaction out of the cuck movie media. There's no denying Plinkett prequel reviews closed the coffin on the prequels ever recovering through some weird hipster cult cred movement. It showed to even the average joe the glaring, unfixable issues with the prequels

>implying is not the RLM people posting this shit 24/7 on this sad ass board
yeah, educate yourself by watching a "movie critic" doing an insightful analysis while impersonating a lowlife amerifat (or should I say "average amerifat") while throwing a bunch of unfunny jokes and ranting about what literally hundreds of people have rant about before

Remember how their Phantom Menace review came out like 10 years after the Phantom Menace?

Why is this a headline?

AVClub is run by out of touch San Francisco liberal faux-hipster retards.

Go figure.

Did the AV Club watch the Review

Because Mike took time to talk about how ridiculous the echo chamber effect regarding Star Wars has been.

He issued his opinion through Plinkett, just like he did with the prequels. Take his opinions and start a conversation, but don't be shallow assholes who hide behind that 'ugh, everyone did it already' blase attitude.

I can't imagine he'll go back to making fun of the prequels AGAIN. This latest video really feels like the final nail in the coffin on all that stuff.

All the established authors still on board continue to write good stuff, and A History of Violence has been a fun new column. But their news and current reviews aren't even worth a click

I apologize for the time and bandwidth I spent to watch his latest review.

it used to be run by madison, wi liberal faux-hipster retards, didn't it?

I'm white and I liked the movies so your opinion about that aspect really doesn't matter to me.

I love how Mike managed to TRIGGER both Cred Forums and sjws with his review

He truly is our guy

>Rey should have offered herself sexually to Finn to apologize for slavery.

What did he mean by this?

>their half in the bag review doesn't exist

This is called bad journalism.

I thought I found the AV Club inside my house once but it turned out someone had just spilled a giant bag of salt.

Stop trying so hard, Mike.

this
modern internet culture really is cancer

>didn't know
Pleb. BLACKED is patrician/tv/ culture

>There's no denying Plinkett prequel reviews closed the coffin on the prequels ever recovering through some weird hipster cult cred movement

They ARE trying to salvage it, but it's too difficult - the movies are just too poorly-made

I read the entirety of the prequels Ring Theory and was left completely unconvinced. The guy barely has a point, and the text is much larger than it needs to be. If anything, the TFA Plinkett review made the Ring Theory appear more sensical than it actually comes across as (by going through their claims from multiple angles until they sort of made sense)

>here's no denying Plinkett prequel reviews closed the coffin on the prequels ever recovering through some weird hipster cult cred movement.

What? The Prequel Reviews were nothing but constant nitpicking.

My wifes son was very moved by that part

After the review was over he got up and retrieved a pair of scissors from his backpack and started cutting at his ballsack

Luckly they were safety scissors and I quickly stopped him and "asked what are you doing son?"

"Plinkett said that white men are fucking useless and evil so I was castrating myself"

I smiled and said "You have to wait until we go to Dr.Steins office you lil rascal, he will make sure its done safely."

Kids amirite?

go to bed Jack

Myklon B

It's more like after Mike made his reviews contrarians decided it would be cool to pretend to like these movies. Mike was just pulling the rug out from under them.

It was definitely the most anti-PC major video in a while. Only leftist were supposed to be triggered. Cred Forums got triggered because they're stupid.

They are just salty because RLM are more popuar and entertaining.

The bit about the merchandise speaking for itself really makes a lot of sense. If people loved the prequels for what they are they would sell merchandise from the prequels. People love the clone troopers and ships because they look cool, but you will never see a Padme senator action figure sell.

>Everyone who likes what I don't is a contrarian.

The majority of crics and movie goers like the prequels. Mike's arguments against them boiled down to "not muh star wars" and nitpicking.

>Star wars releases
>Some out of work philosophy majors review it
>>Red Letter Media reviews those reviews
>>>The AV Club reviews that review of reviews

WHEN
WILL
THIS
MEME
DIE
?

i just watched the trailer for this and it's...ring theory. So i guess Mike's already dealt with it

How was it anti-pc in any way? Mike even pussed out and said he liked diversity to avoid making sjws angry.

It's like people have different opinions and this becomes a discussion or something.

Honestly it was refreshing to see someone take the shit out of Star Wars after this new 'revival'. TFA was fine yet unremarkable and since Disney's acquisition Star Wars has become some sort of sacred cow that is beyond criticism. Everyone MUST be a fan and everyone MUST love it. From the hyperbolic reception TFA got to the new defenses of the prequels, Star Wars needed someone to come back out and kick its stilts out from under it, and who better than the character who did it in the first place.

Jay is the Big Guy now.

Padme - Lost the will to live Special Editionâ„¢

>"not muh star wars" and nitpicking
this argument worked so well for Man of Streel

>said he liked diversity to avoid making sjws angry.

Mike was always fine with diversity. He said it before and after the movie came out.

>How was it anti-pc in any way?

The black jokes

The Jlaw joke

The dismantling of stale corporatized diversity

You didn't watch the video? Did you hear the jokes he made? Or are we pretending now that only serious statements can be considered anti-PC?

has jay replaced mike?

>The black jokes

You mean the one?

>The Jlaw joke

Nobody cares about her.

>The dismantling of stale corporatized diversity

Which he ultimately said he was fine with, so that makes it kind of meaningless.

Mike hates social justice warrior mentality. Him not frothing at the mouth because a black guy is in the movie isn't the same. He directly criticizes how hollow and meaningless diversity for diversity's sake in this movie is and how it makes the movie weaker overall.

AVClub fails to see that this is not a review, but an analysis of the atmosphera surrounding the current starwars fims, and how are they getting influence from the past films.
AVClub also fails to remember that there is already a RLM review of the film

Comes with limited edition O0BA-0OBA droid figure!

Only the EP3 review is kinda nitpicky. Because EP3 is objectively the least shit of them

His only criticism of the diversity was that it didn't go far enough.

Yeah but he wants Rey to be BLACKED and let's face it so does Cred Forums

honestly it was pretty disappointing.

they don't have to be overly negative or anything but they spend like 15 minutes talking about the actual movie and 1 hour just reading stupid fan theories, making fun of george lucas (who had literally no involvement in the movie), and lampooning clickbait revisionist articles.

Way to ignore everything he said before the part that triggered you

>If someone isn't a full fledged Cred Forumsalack they are a SJW liberal cuck

That's not true. He pointed out that by having both the good guys and the bad guys be heavily diverse it muddles the movie. He pointed out how the Asian and Scottish gangs were completely out of place and stupid.

>The video wasn't two hours of Mike beating a nigerian child with a rotary phone, so he's an sjw

>You mean the one?
Oh, so unless it's repeated 100 times, it doesn't matter, whereas if someone utters something that even slightly aligns with liberal views, everybody calls them a cuck. Bravo (Also see how misinterpreted the last part of the review is by Cred Forums retards).
>Nobody cares about her.
Doesn't matter who. He called a woman a cunt. That's enough. Same as above. Both jokes were horribly misogynist/racist by today's standards, and hilarious too.

Whats the pinnacle of RLM? And why is it drunk Mike?

>You mean the one?

Come on now. We all know if SJWs wouldn't tolerate one joke.

FUCKING SAGE

calling her a cunt was great. I love how the collective conscience forgot about her before the hunger games were even fucking over

Neither does Cred Forums it seems.

but jews gonna jew.

youtube.com/watch?v=JStz7rdSqmY

sums it up perfectly

stop shilling your videos pls thnx

If it pisses off both extremes at once, then it's probably funny.

>Which he ultimately said he was fine with, so that makes it kind of meaningless.

WHY DOESN'T HE SAY 1488 GAS THE KIKES RACE WAR NOW

THAT FUCKING KEK

Hey Reddit.

>The diversity is kind of obvious, but I guess it's okay, there needed to be more interracial sex.

I don't think Mike is a cuck. he's clearly not that deep of a thinker, though.

The first of many articles from asspained shitty-ass websites that survive on garbage clickbait and listacles about stupid fucking shit for stupid fucking faggot teenagers and retards in their early 20's.

>tfw you will never be a fat, lazy, piece of shit, who doesn't want to work for his money, or who doesn't mind scamming idiots.
>tfw you'll never give pointlessly contrived reviews about summer blockbuster trash.
>tfw you'll never be a youtube, movie """"""""critic""""""""".

>10 months after everybody else
that salt

He literally said

"Rey needs to be bred by every swinging negro dick from there to Naboo, I boycott unless she has a black baby by episode 9"

I think thats going a bit far

>AV club employees right now

av club writer's twitter, lads?

didn't read the article so I don't even know the kid's name.

Not far enough if I'm being honest.

Was still better than the ring theory stuff

>The criticisms of the producer’s allegiance to the fandom and the Disney-fication of Star Wars are valid, but if Plinkett wants these reviews to have the same bite as the old ones, maybe he should get them out a little sooner.
This is an actual line in that article. Un-fucking-believable.

>EP3 is objectively the least shit of them
it's the darkest of the three

Really? A review of an analysis?

Also the plinkett review was about the ring theory and the diff of that towards ep 7. He also looked at greet franchises.
Barely analysed ep 7 itself.

>maybe he should get them out a little sooner
Yeah I remember when he had that review out for Episode 1 like a week after its theatrical release.

>Mike references this by reviewing something ancient and talking about how timely it is

>Mikkke Stokkklasa
based

Of course a movie that was made to be as inoffensive as possible doesn't have enough material for 2 hours of verbal shitposting. It just took them 10 months to film that shitting scene

he's making more money then you and he isn't even a celeb.

He should do the Beethoven movie series.

Id argue that while episode III has some of the best moments of the prequel trilogy, it also contains many of the worst moments. Like, making me "embarrassed to be a fan of this series" moments.

Actually, I found it fairly sensible that they wind up defending Lucas for at least having an original vision with the prequels. The dreadful reality that Star Wers might because a soulless franchise is right around the corner, and with that future in front of us it is refreshing to at least realize that the prequels were someone's vision and not a movie based around market data.

I'm being genuine here; what are some of those good moments?

>I KNOW WHAT TO DO GUYS! we can deflect the hate our new review is getting by cherry picking some pretentious review site's comment on it, surely if someone hates us then they'll look like they're on the pretentious site's side! holy fuck were geniuses!

thats why he's crying dumbass

What are you talking about? RLM hasn't posted anything about any response they've gotten. Are you trying to imply that RLM is OP? Are you autistic?

don't fool yourself, the prequels were very calculated from a business standpoint.

C3PO, R2, Chewbacca and many more were shoved in for absolutly no reason.

Why is that so poorly worded?

Because journalistic or even writing standards are dead.

Nobody takes out the trash like Third Reich Mike.

Their review of The Phantom Menace came out 10 YEARS after the movie, whats your point?

>dude we're losing our viewership to these youtube reviewers what are we gonna do?
>Red Letter Media issues its Force Awakens review, only 10 months after everybody else

>the onion AV club launches
>everyone think its a joke site
>they drop "the onion" from the name
>everyone still thinks its a joke site