Is Rob Zombie a good filmmaker?

Is Rob Zombie a good filmmaker?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=P9miB6jKLRw
bloody-disgusting.com/news/3407886/john-carpenter-calls-rob-zombie-lying-piece-of-halloween/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Better than most and occasionally rises to greatness

No.

>that nonchalant, effortless burn

You can tell from the guy's profile pic alone that Rob is absolutely right too.

I don't know, I like him. I think he's got a great feel for what modern horror is.

My 6th grade tutor's son was in Rob Zombie. AMA

He rolls harder than you.

I don't really like his movies but there are some interesting stuff in them so I root for him to make one that really works for me.

Are you saying your 6th grade tutor's son was in Rob Zombie?

are you looking for laughs by posting that image?

because it comes across autistic. no one here cares.

Thanks for the (You), fuccboi.

youtube.com/watch?v=P9miB6jKLRw

Are the Japanese the incarnation of Satan himself?

Nope. And also he has never made a film, he makes cheap flicks

he is shit

I don't understand the point of the other two girls.

Only the middle one seems to ever sing.

They are kawaii hype girls and dancers.

Hi, I'm the real (you), (you) responded to.
Thanks for the (you), friend.
Keep on (you)ing

I thought 31 was OK

Yes

What the fuck was with that recent John Carpenter interview about his relationship with Rob Zombie? Has years of failure and age turned John into a bitter old fuck who can't recognize his own hypocrisy for shitting on a dude who at least asked for his advice and blessing on his remake?

I find Rob Zombie is stylistic, and though I do not particulary enjoy his style, I cannot deny he is effective with it.

See that comic right there? That first issue was legitmately horrifying to me. It actually caused fear in me, something that few films and comics have succeeding in doing.

I think he is just that bitter that Zombie made better Halloween film.

Nah

but I liked The Devils Rejects

Nothing else really did it for me

I really liked The Devils Rejects.

Source?

Except he didn't

Is it actually good?
It looks more visually interesting than the original film at least.
Did critics shit on it just for the sake of it?

>Genuinely enjoy Baby Metal
All the asshurt they cause metal fans is just a cherry on top, especially since they seem really well liked by a lot of famous metal bands

Reaching this hard.

Sad bro, sad.

>Rob Zombies hour and a half music video is better then pic related

Who /bm/ here?

Its finally relevant, I'm not reaching

I don't get it metal has been fucked since '92 anyway it can't get worse really

He's better than most directors in Hollywood. He does what he wants, his movies have a certain gritty realism to them that resonates with white trash everywhere (having grown up white trash, I actually appreciate this, most movies are too clean in appearance) and his dialogue is usually pretty entertaining.

His first few movies were great. He kind of lost me with Halloween 2 and beyond, but I'm hoping he gets back into his groove.

>metal got fucked the year glam died
are you retarded? 90s metal was the shit.

bloody-disgusting.com/news/3407886/john-carpenter-calls-rob-zombie-lying-piece-of-halloween/

Here's the short version:

>interview with John Carpenter goes public
>in it, John starts slamming Rob Zombie and calling him a piece of shit who lied about Carpenter by saying he was unfriendly and never supported the Halloween remake
>in reality, Zombie never said an unkind thing about Carpenter in any interview, and the worst he ever said was that Carpenter was very to the point and no nonsense and quiet, things that pretty much everyone already knows about Carpenter
>Carpenter says in one breath that he told Zombie to do his own thing, then starts bitching about how Zombie did his own thing
>all of this and it never occurs to Carpenter that he's being horribly hypocritical by slamming the remake when this sort of mirrors what happened to Carpenter himself back in the 80s with The Thing

Like I'm not the biggest Rob Zombie fan, but even I thought Carpenter was being a massive cunt.

You can argue about the first movie but both Zombie Halloweens are better than pretty much every sequel.

This is a franchise that unironically had Busta Rhymes beat the shit out of Michael Myers in a fist fight.

Rob Zombie breathed life back into that shit show.

except The Thing remake was well received unlike the Halloween remake

Not when it came out. When it was first released, The Thing was hated by critics and audiences and was a massive flop.

The point is that Carpenter should know what it feels like to be in Zombie's shoes when he made his own remake of a beloved horror classic that divided audiences and critics. No one's saying he's obligated to love it or suck Zombie's cock, but he really should be a little more humble about this type of thing, not to mention he's got no room to talk when he basically gave him full permission to go nuts and do his own thing.