Sell me on this

Sell me on this

How about you watch it, you fucking pleb fuck.

Don't. It's shit.

The wardrobe department did a good job. Do you like looking at old style clothes?

Other than that it's boring and nothing happens.

Its got a few good lines but most of the characters are agrivating and its slow as fuck, not worth the hour long episodes in my oppinion.

You're sitting in your car.

Your favorite song comes on, but this time you change the radio station.

This time you want something new.

A familiar yet new song comes in featuring strings that grip you bind you tie you into what you're hearing.

Then...

The percussion kicks in beating away in a sense that you can't distinguish from your own heart beat.

The song ends and you hear the name of the show its advertising.

"MAD MEN" watch it.
Tonight.

Tell me why it's a good thing that this site allows "people" who can't spell "agrivating" or "oppinion" to have equal say, to have free speech, to not be permanently banned on sight.

Pleb filters only work if people watch them. You have to watch it so we know where you stand.

trips have spoken

lol. you can always count on Cred Forums for a reliable review or insightful argument.

Fucking plebs, stick to walking dead garbage

So it's either we watch TWD or this fedora show?
No middle-ground, senpai?

Stop bully
No thanks walking dead is shit too.
But seriously every character but Draper was shit and even he was a scumbag for a lot of the first couple season (all i watched). What makes the show so good when its characters are garbage tier.

Is this a chick show or will non gay men find it interesting too?

this site if full of faggots

idk why i come here anymore

I won't bother. Its literally just a male power fantasy. It is a show putting women "in their place" in an age when we should be well past that. It shows men making all the money, women just being their fucktoys, and everything working out great for every man involved.

It is masturbation on screen. No depth, just money and women every single fucking episode. If you like this show you need to take a hard look at yourself.

XD hhahahahahaha

Its my first day on The good ole 'Chans too. :)

These guys are so funny!

this show is so good everyone with a brain and taste already knows it

everyone who doesnt is a pleb

the only thing left to do is to troll retards about it because we've discussed everything already

yes and no.

What's so good about it? I watched the first season and nothing happened.

Breaking Bad shits all over it for drama and acting.

This is my wife's favorite show. Glad I know how to pick them

sounds great to me

You just objectively proved that you are stupid. Stop trying to watch this show, it's just going to make you feel inferior.

Bad people =/= bad characters

You still haven't posted why the show is "so good".

Isn't Mad Men reddits favorite show?

this. My mother, sister, bf and all his ex bf's love it. I'm a fag btw.

>I'm a fag btw.

kill yourself. you are the problem with this country

So a show for chicks, homos and reddit. Pass.

Mad Men is on the same level as TWD.

>create somewhat interesting premise
>never do something with it, just filler until every season finale, then wash it anew next season
>filler is some bullshit that tries to be deep, the amount of dropped subplots testify to that
>you can feel how cost is the major factor to everything happening in the show, claustrophobic as fuck
>idiots eat it up eagerly, want more

The trick here is Mad Men tries to emulate The Sopranos in the way the characters are presented(""""""""character study""""""""). However, you only need to watch The Sopranos to see how hard Mad Men fails at it.

>don't add to the overpopulation
>pay taxes and look fabulous doing so

Fags are the saviors of our nation, user.

>>>reddit

have an above average IQ. literally all u need

All true.

Mad Men is just a poor mans Sopranos and people just watch it because they want to be fucked by Draper.

not the same dude

the show is good, in my opinion, because it is a window in time
it has these characters that feel real
the show feels real(does that make sense?)

when you watch it you feel like youre really a fly on the wall

no show has ever made me feel like that

its hard to describe to you, considering you are so contrarian and want to abhorrently oppose watching it

so i cant really get into why its good any further, you wont actually care and i would be wasting my time

but yea its good and thats one of the reasons i feel why

about $3.50

But it's such a boring time. Why would you want to be a fly in the wall to that? That's what I don't understand really. These people are boring. The Wire is a better show that "feels real".

>"But it's such a boring time."
>needs more niggers and gunshots and drugs

i bet u think In Search of Lost Time is boring too

So this show is for the pretentious types?

no thats game of thrones

Great existential drama or meandering soap? Which best describes Mad Men?

Well... it's not about superheroes or zombies or criminal meth empires with impressive CGI or technological feats of wonder. Sure, technology is a glittering lure, but there is the rare occasion when the public can be engaged on a level beyond flash, if they have a sentimental bond with the product.

My first job, I was a janitor over on Cred Forums, with this oldfag shitposter, a tripfag named Abatap. Abatap told me the most important idea in television & film is new. Creates an itch. You simply put your show or movie in there as a kind of calamine lotion. But he also talked about a deeper bond with the medium. Nostalgia. It’s delicate, but potent.

Abatap told me that in Russian, “nostalgia” literally means “the pain from an old wound”. It’s a twinge in your heart far more powerful than memory alone. This show isn’t a soap opera, it’s a time machine.
It goes backwards, forwards, takes us to a place where we ache to go again. It’s not called Breaking Bad. It’s called Mad Men. It lets us travel the way a patrician travels. Round and around, and back home again, to a place where we know we are loved.

oh and to illustrate this
>you can feel how cost is the major factor to everything happening in the show, claustrophobic as fuck

I want you to think of all the places Draper has been to throughout the show, well all of them feel the same all a hazy clusterfuck of a similar indoors environment. Even that episode where they go to Europe.

The Sopranos on the other hand? Take a look how different every episode looks. Certainly they didn't do most of the show with scenes back and forth between the strip club and Tony's house and even if they did it would've still looked far better than Mad Men cheap sets. Even when they managed to squeeze some money out of AMC to do some background scene it looked surreal and out of place more than anything.

David Chase constantly insisted on filming on location. How about that episode in Italy or the one in Paris? It felt like you were there yourself.

You could say "Well duh, Mad Men takes place in the 60s!" Yeah well whose problem is that? The point is Mad Men didn't have enough money and it looked like shit accordingly. What we were given is a poor substitute for actually convincing and engaging cinematography. Also: Boardwalk Empire takes place in the 20s and it looks far better, as it should, since they actually built sets outdoors and everything. Winter might be a hack but at least in this area he didn't fuck up.

Bonus rant: there's that episode where Peter had to replace a dress or something and he visits some dress store and guess who's behind the counter for some bullshit reason? It's that major character from the office. She also happened to be working there that evening! As if the show didn't feel weird enough. Unless I missed something of course, but this really took me out of it when it happened.

If you don't want to watch it don't but if you think it's bad or boring you're just wrong

I'm pretty pretentious and it's one of my favorite shows.

lmao

Flo from progressive commercials is also in it. As a background phone operator lol.

it's the GOAT, plebs simply cannot handle it

oh OP you are just so funny and clever

what an ebin trol thread

you are quite the memester

+1 upvotes

Just in case you got it wrong: by "the office" I mean the workplace in the show, not the show The Office. I was referring to Joan (Christina Hendricks).

It's one of if not the best shows of all time.

I don't care if you watch it or not.

Oh my I was not aware. I never noticed, no excuse for that shit.

Christina Hendricks should be enough.