Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

rarbg.to/torrent/cpsx8iw
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

he did LITERALLY nothing wrong.

He used cheat codes.

prove it

he's a griefer

aside from the torture, murder, and implied rape, absolutely.

If Ed Harris is the man behind the curtain in this too I'm dropping it before I start

He's a robot and the other robot couldn't kill him.

Reddit: The Show

>torture, murder, and implied rape
that shit is normal in westworld

>He's a robot
nu-uh

>programming robots to have feelings
yeah im sure this is going to turn out SO well

few things that's bother me
> if it's an artificial world why are there any niggers
> why aren't all the girls 10/10 (similar situation to GoT's Lynna Mexican Maid Stark
> why isn't sex scene shown, isn't this HBO

>he's a robot
>he cheated

you don't cheat if you're part of the game

He's not part of the game.

He was part of the game and then freed himself from its shackles and then put in cheat codes.

>aside from the torture, murder, and implied rape, absolutely.

He needs to break Delores' programming so that she can become sentient like him and that must happen thru extreme stress.

only real human beans can be players
only players can cheat

Endgame. His name is Endgame.

>literally endgame player

>played for 30+ years

>has tier 64 raiments

>uses legendaries

If this show ends with the cylons destroying humanity my dick will be so hard

>unlocked all achievements
>fastest speed-runner

noob, Escaton is the Endgame.

>If he is studying then why does he know how much blood is already in him?

He didn’t know until he drained the blood out of card dealer robot.

Ed Harris may be 30 years old but that doesn’t mean he has been active the entire time.

Robots are periodically deactivated and stored in the basement, only to be resurrected again to keep “fresh faces” around on the park. He may have only been active 10 years in total over that and has only fairly recently become sentient himself and is still working on the problem.

You stupid faggots are going to kill the enjoyment of this show. It's okay but we don't need threads 24/7.

>HBO show
>Not having a cultish manchildren fanbase who obsess over every little thing

You can't name one successful HBO show that is an exception

It is hilarious seeing people mainly women get triggered over rape in this show, do they think the west was some candyland where people especially women were treated fairly? Sidenote mr.abernathy stole every scene, very underrated actor who should be in more films after this series, similar to Sean Bean after thrones.

Which robot had the best titties?

>You stupid faggots are going to kill the enjoyment of this show. It's okay but we don't need threads 24/7.

Everybody is free to enjoy the show however they like, nobody is forcing you to participate in this thread.

But I feel general threads are the way go, as everybody who is interested in a tv series is “on the same page” and can bounce idea, jokes, whatever off each other.

Hopefully this general gets banned soon. Then you can go back to red dit.

He's a host, if anything he's a tier raid boss.

Kinda hoping Peter gets put back in and Gul'dans the shit out of the other synths

>Which robot had the best titties?

Probably the Hooker robot, but we'll get better and more T&A as the series continues.

>marilyn manson got to put his penis in that

HAHT

SHAPED

GLA-HA-SEZZ

whats wrong with her faaaaaace

Why would a general be banned?

They’re on-topic and about a current tv series that seems to be very popular and they’re a quick and easy way to find the thread for those interested in the show and they prevent Cred Forums from being cluttered up with a continual stream of pointless shitthreads.

Hi /got/.

too many robosomes.

Kill yourself you fucking new reddit piece of shit.

No, he actually says how much he knows can stay in his body without him dying.

New here, huh?

Apparetly Emilia Clarke was originally asked to pay Evan Rachel Wood's role

thank fucking god we dodged that bullet

>No, he actually says how much he knows can stay in his body without him dying.

I disagree though I don't remember the exact lines. He seemed kinda surprised that Card Dealer robot could still run around with only 3 pints of blood left in him, suggesting Ed Harris is experimenting on robots, because Ed harris is himself a robot trying to figure out what he is.

How long until Cyclops shows us his power level?

Thank R'hllor! I think HBO has soured on Emilia Clarke, due to her diva behavior ("I won't show my tits now that the show it popular!")

>literally showed her tits last season

how retarded are you though, just wondering

Hot and spicy meme here!

Haven't been lurking but

>Why did the Sheriff break down? It's not like it was the fly's fault, flies probably land on hosts all the time
>Is Hannibal actually helping the hosts become better than people? He seems to want that to happen.
>Violent delights meet violent ends = host takeover?
>Farmgirl's core programming is broken, but does that mean she can kill guests now too?
>What was that mazelike picture on the scalp?
>Was Daddy sentient?
>who dropped that picture but why did only he recognize it?

No user is right, and your wrong.

You're too stupid to understand tv, kill yourself faggot

Ed Harris can't be a sentient robot for a number of reasons.

First of all you keep forgetting that Westworld is likely under constant surveillance so him acting weird would get noted almost immediately.

On top of that Narcisse and Hopkins seem to be extremely surprised that robots are even glitching and that's a very rare thing and relatively new, let alone the possibility of them being sentient.

Also the supervisors would notice someone has been fucking Dolores up literally every day and investigate.

No u

Wait, what, holy shit

That was him? I honestly didn't make the connection.

>we're miles beyond a glitch here
>not kilometers
Dropped

First episode was alright but already they're setting themselves up for a lot of phenomena that they won't be able to explain away through means that make sense

Rape is wrong

Raping a robot isn't wrong

Not if your raping a "thing".

It never happened you stupid fucks.

Rape is inherently wrong. You cant rape a toaster, consent for a toaster is irrelevant. Both of you admit it is rape. Rape is rape.

It's heavily implied you autist

Rape is wrong, but raping a non-sentient being is also not really rape. So he didn't rape anybody. He just stuck his dick in the physical embodiment of a program.

Post webms of cutie bandit.

It's not really so black and white though, is it?

They think they're human and with every update, they get closer. They've been shown to not have set in stone "states" and scripts. If something changes, their reactions change.

The story is about ethics/morality vs entertainment and playing god.

It's artificial but realistic, in the future ni nogs aren't all criminals anymore we got out shit together and systematically cultured them up. Same thing goes for the girls got to keep it grounded so you can lose yourself in the fantasy and forget you just paid the price of 3 houses to stick your dick in suped up robodog toy with a pocket pussy and fake boobies attatched. Sex scene thing, to much sex scenes feel forced and retarded look at Jessica jones or Luke cage the first episodes have ridiculously long unesessary sex scenes you just wanna say "hey if i wanted to whack off i'd be doing it, i wanna see some scifi shit stuoid niggers"

How do you know they aren't sentient?

> Ed Harris can't be a sentient robot for a number of reasons.
>
> First of all you keep forgetting that Westworld is likely under constant surveillance so him acting weird would get noted almost immediately.

His software has become corrupted and further subverted by him, (or someone else) Westworld doesn’t even know he’s a robot, they think he’s a human tourist.

> On top of that Narcisse and Hopkins seem to be extremely surprised that robots are even glitching and that's a very rare thing and relatively new, let alone the possibility of them being sentient.

We don’t know how long Ed Harris has been sentient, it may have happened fairly recently (within the last year?).

> Also the supervisors would notice someone has been fucking Dolores up literally every day and investigate.

Why? Humans fuck up robots all the time, it’s why Westworld is there, and there is no evidence Ed Harris is fucking Delores all the time.

>It's not really so black and white though, is it?
I mean, I think it's sickeningly close to the real deal. But it's still just a robot. An android.
>They think they're human and with every update, they get closer. They've been shown to not have set in stone "states" and scripts. If something changes, their reactions change.
That was the newest update, the Reveries. It lets them access all their past data I think.
>The story is about ethics/morality vs entertainment and playing god.
Obviously. People are sick in the head but it's harmless to take that out on non-living beings. It's no different than a videogame really.

Noticeably, robot Ed Harris said "liters" of blood and not pints.

>Rape is wrong, but raping a non-sentient being is also not really rape.

That's kinda the point of the tv show; we don't know that the robots are non-sentient and obviously, they are becoming sentient.

This show's premise is too silly. Why is this on HBO?

>creating artificial flesh and blood organisms that think they're real and torturing them is akin to playing a videogame
Get yourself checked out, you sound like a loon.
Their feelings may not be real, their pain might be acting so to speak, but there's a line.

If you had the cash, would you into Westworld? What would you do there?

I'm the loon? They may be physically "real" but they are literally programs. They aren't even AI. You're mixing fantasy and reality.

They said in the post episode discussion that Ed is a park visitor.

In some of the previews he is telling Dolores that he's there to set her free [\spoiler]

>I mean, I think it's sickeningly close to the real deal. But it's still just a robot. An android.

Unless you can prove the robots are sentient, it's no different then fucking a Fleshlight.

Unless you believe Jennifer Lawrence that pounding one out to a picture somehow constitutes "rape"...

>If you had the cash

Fuck robot chicks and shoot robot bad guys.

10 mins in and jesus christ how is this bitch so qt

I seriously don't think you realise what's going on there.

is there a particular reason this park has to have a western setting as opposed to medieval or roman etc

>When we are born, we cry that we are come to this great stage of fools.

>The things you do to her! The things you DO to her!

>My most... mechanical and dirty hand... I shall have such revenges on you. The things I will do, what they are yet I know not, but they will be the terrors of the EARTH!

>You don't know anymore, do you? You're in a prison of your own SINS!

Kill yourselves you fucking reddit retards.

So robots are there to serve and entertain guests. Does this mean that guest can ask any girl for sex and she will do it or does he still need to seduce her somehow.

Lol you're making assumptions with nothing to back them up and that also work against the rules the show has established. Shit, that show is flat out telling us Ed is a guest.

It's many decades into the future so accounting for inflation it probably isn't that expensive.

Hope this guy comes back.

If he remains in the freezer for the rest of the show then fuck them.

why have these threads been so autistic and hostile?

In the film they actually have medieval and roman host worlds but the focus was on two humans going into the Old West world. The film also came out at the end of the era of fascination with the West so it's by chance more than anything. I like it though, I feel like Deadwood finished up a decade ago and have been reeling for a Western

*teleports behind you*

is Ed Harris meant to be a literal 'it was a hologram' kid

You can leave anytime faggot.

unless it's one of the hookers he would have to seduce her

I donno but I've noticed it too

They're an abomination that shouldn't exist.

I'm not mixing anything.
I understand the story fairly well.

If you personally are ok with the presented setting's premise of a hedonistic themepark with near perfect, lifelike beings who think themselves real people and are learning and changing beyond their programs, you have sociopathic tendencies.

And visually speaking, they're establishing the treatment of the Hosts as eerie and cruel to look at and the management of the company responsible as having darker intentions.

It's a mass of moral dilemma already, don't pretend it's all ok.

Wild West is cooler than those two. Also

>Romanworld
>Medieval world
Don't quite ring

Romeworld

wildwestworld

I'm hoping towards the end of the series (or in future potential seasons) we'll see some of the other Worlds.

>I feel like Deadwood finished up a decade ago
Since when do your feeling have a bearing on time?

>why have these threads been so autistic and hostile?
what the fuck are you talking about? you fucking retard cuck

>ArenaWorld
>QuestWorld
Sounds cool to me.
I'd like a
>SpaceWorld
or
>StarWorld
as well

Is he really a robot? Escape from storage? Military prototype?

>Wild West is cooler than those two
I'd much rather go to the other two than westworld tbqh

>it's a robots dindu nuffin episode

gas all transhumanists

Go back to red dit you fucking faggot cock stain.

I'm guessing he's a guest trying to steal company secrets, a prototype "higher" Host or an ex-employee out to kick the nest.

Legitimately didn't realise it had actually been 10 years, at least time isn't moving too quick for me

It's not sociopathic, mr. armchair freud. They're robots. If anything I'm more sane than you are because you seem to think programs have feelings or can be harmed.

You're literally the type of person that wants to ban violent vidya for supposedly causing kids to murder other kids.

Did anyone else expect Teddy to act like the invincible host with the milk after he got shot during the robbery? I dunno why I just expected him to shrug it off.

Anyone have a mega link to rarbg.to/torrent/cpsx8iw ?

Or is there a higher quality rip of the first episode out there?

Unless they decommissioned him, and he turned back on, figured out a way to pull out whatever they use to track the robots, and snuck back in.

the effect they used when we first see Hopkins ralking to that old bot is pretty cool

the freezer is broken. they cannot bury their sins forever. westbots will rise again.

I thought that was possible too, but that seems kinda lame. Too Jurassic Park.

Great discussion
I'm literally not.
You keep bringing up videogames like you can equate them to this situation.
It's not the same when the game is a walking, breathing, bleeding person who is slowly becoming sentient.

The fact that you can't at least concede the point means you don't get what the story is about.

You're moron who's too stupid to understand this show, go back faggot.

that British guy is one of the worst actors I've ever seen

the woman he talked to that was smoking isn't great either

This is correct. Well said

DUDE IM ACTING LMAO

Sidse was a mistake.
She's Pilou Asbæk tier bad at acting.

Agreed

>fuck fuck fuck fuck
Dude, chill

the robots don't need to be much smarter then a video game

movies or shows like this always make the mistake of assuming because it is shaped like a human it would have to have an ai that thinks, or is close.

in reality it wouldn't need to have programming that complex to make a successful sex bot or other robots used for entertainment.

fuck go play with eliza, and that shit was programmed in the 60s

having those two chucklefucks act next to Jeffrey Wright doesn't help either

This is missing "Both of you" btw

>So robots are there to serve and entertain guests. Does this mean that guest can ask any girl for sex and she will do it or does he still need to seduce her somehow.

There's something like 2,000 robots active at any one time so it depends on the particular robot.

Farmer's Daughter robot #12345 might be programed to play hard-to-get and make you work for it, while Farmer's Daughter robot #12346 might drag you into the barn for a roll in the hay.

Kill yourself faggot

Hopkins whispered to him. Of course he's coming back.

>the robots don't need to be much smarter then a video game

hope this is bait

Fuck Dolores the whole day

You need to be 18+ to post here pal

it's Cred Forums bro...

Ruin all the other guest's fun

>shoot their hookers
>shoot their horses
>pants them in the middle of a gunfight

>is there a particular reason this park has to have a western setting as opposed to medieval or roman etc

I suspect there are a bunch of ____Worlds in similar underground caverns scattered across the planet.

Roman World is probably the best for partying, though.

Speaking of...

I haven't seen the '73 movie in a long time but was that abandoned lobby in the freezer area the original park entrance from the movie?

Ford said something about the park having not had a major incident in thirty years, is this actually a sequel to the original?

>tfw shit goes south
>robots rebel
>unstoppable cannibal cultist dad shows up

Who else /like/ this show?

that was the black manager as I recall

Come on user. Do you you really like these generals where reddit comes to circle jerk about a show they can't comprehend

BLACK HOLE SUN WONT YOU COME

By every metric, Rachel Wood is a superior actress.

I'm glad it worked out this way.

We needed more Evan tbqh. I think the last thing I saw her in was true blood. then before that who the fuck knows. A marilyn manson video

Did you also miss Trevor Phillips in there as well?

This fucker better come back. Not playing around bring him back bitchniggers ffs shit

IMDB has him credited for 5 episodes FWIW. Don't know in what capacity but he'll be back for sure.

Yeah they're a bummer when you've got Rachel Wood, Hopkins, Wright, McPoyle from Sunny (forget his name), Newton and to a lesser extent; Marsden all featured cast members

Not that user but you do know that imdb is user edited and thus not necessarily reliable right?

My guess is that Harris is a guest that's trying to get to the bottom of the bigger picture. The scenario writer guy mentions there's a greater significance to it all.

Harris being a robot seems a little unlikely from what we've seen.

>not wanting to get naked on tv is "diva behavior"

sperglord neckbeard detected

Well I did say FWIW. I'm aware it can be unreliable. But it does seem oddly specific. Either way, Wright's character whispered something into his ear and I doubt it was "hey you just chill here for the rest of eternity and have fun man"

He'll be back.

I like this show, but the forced "muh robot feelings" stuff creeps me out.

they're not actually feeling emotions. it's a little bit of code that basically comes down to "if; than"

such as, "If kinetic impact on cheekbone; than run reaction package 2"

anybody who legit feels bad for androids is completely retarded and should be shot in the face.

ed harris is probably what we'd all become. crazy rapist murderer that's hooked on grinding the evil stat until we reach "the next level"

is True Blood worth a watch?

go back faggot

picture_involving_bait dot file extension

>anybody who legit feels bad for androids is completely retarded and should be shot in the face.
This show very obviously isn't for you then.

>DUDE LET'S JUST HAVE ROBOCOP AS A ROBOT LMAO

Really inspired casting decision.

why is Dolores so perfect

I heard the piano playing that and I was like

>wait
>is that BHS?
>that's BHS!
Thinking about the imagery in that song really goes well with the whole "dream" idea of WW

nigga, it's never not time to cast Ed Harris in something

i said i like the show, but i'm more interested in the gubment angle than anything else. plus i'm waiting for a CGI Yul Brynner to show up and murder cunts.

>let's feel bad for the robots that literally cant feel pain or emotion
>anybody who doesn't is clearly a monster
fuck off back to radet

they also played paint it black by the doors on piano, not really the best choice imo, but they're trying.

i half expected bohemian rhapsody to start after the "robbery" scene.

If a robot displays and reacts emotionally to something how is that different from actually experiencing emotions?

An analogy, we don't really see objects at all but what's the difference to seeing objects and seeing light reflect off objects? It's certainly a neat question, at least to me.

go back where you came from retard

Robocop is Peter Weller.

I wonder what the staff thinks about Ed Harris, if he is been playing for this long, then surely the have grown accustomed to it.

Also are the managers all freaks with their odd fetish? Because they sure seem to have implied so.

Jonathan Nolan is a BioShock Infinite fan, which makes me think that's where he got the anachronistic music and perfect waifu writing.

>paint it black by the doors

I think it worked with the shootout fairly well.

Also
>that guy who gets shot in the back of the head by that hooker
Haven't seen up close gore like that on TV for a while

I think the main point of that question in relation to AI is less about the actual truth of whether or not they really feel anything, and more about assuming they do because assuming they don't opens the door to a ton of evil shit (cough westworld cough).

kill yourself reddit

>If a robot displays and reacts emotionally to something how is that different from actually experiencing emotions?

they show you the neckbeard programmer who uses the power of autism to simulate human expression in the androids, which aren't really androids at all, but autonomous drones.

it's like setting up a remote controlled car to follow GPS coordinates. it's not a smart car, and its not sentient, it's just following a sequence of orders given to it by a human being.

just because you make a really nice vagina and really realistic face, it's still just a fucking drone.

it's like feeling bad for the thing.

>Westworld
>evil
They haven't done anything immoral as far as we know. It's not like the hosts are living. They're just computer programs.

>they also played paint it black by the doors on piano
>paint it black by the doors
>the doors

I think i'm too old for Cred Forums now

Any POI bros here? It's made by the same guy

It's a pretty big assumption with absolutely no evidence that the hosts aren't sentient.

the point of the thought experiment you're missing and/or is being mangled is thus

If something gives all outward appearances of being a thinking, feeling, sentient entity, who's to say it isn't?

I mean that's the entire direction the shows going to fucking take anyway.

sorry Cred Forums

i'm drunk. the rolling stones performed paint it black, not the doors.

We've seen that the hosts aren't sentient. Even if they were sentient, they'd just be AI. Even THEN, the programs aren't erased when they are killed. They aren't even reset. Dying is part of their programming.

If you took a Westworld program and plugged it into a hard drive, then smashed the drive, that would be more immoral than executing programmed_death.exe according to your logic.

*more moral

Fuck I hate doing that especially when the other user doesn't see the corrective post

Well what if you programed you're car to realistically scream in pain and cower if you were to hit it? Of course it's not feeling pain just as you don't see an object. Would you hit it just to get a reaction or for fun? I bet if most people tried they would stop because they would feel something.

i already explained myself nigger.

they're clearly not sentient beings that we have discovered, nor are they future AI, they're walking drones, their dialog was even written by a faggot. no amount of foolosophy will change the fact that a nigger programmed them.

“Hay, no-name actress, want be in this tv show?”
“Sure!””
“You have to show yer tits.”
“OK!”
*suddenly show becomes popular*
“HOW DARE YOU SUGGEST I SHOW MY TITS!”

Yeah, totally not being a diva…

>We've seen that the hosts aren't sentient
We've seen that SOME hosts aren't sentient. That's no reason to discount every single one.
I don't see how AI sentience is somehow inherently less valuable than organic sentience, either.

And yes, permadeath is better than decades of torture.

kill yourself reddit

go here and never come back. thanks.

This is why Eva Green has my eternal respect.

>decades of torture
That is simulated. They are programs user. They don't have feelings. Stop projecting humanness onto nonhuman entities.

You're no better than a kid that thinks animals can hear and understand him.

anthropomorphism, and i wont feel foolish for not giving a shit about a goddamned robot. i'd feel bad if i damaged my own property because i've lost something valuable, but i'm not going to cry because it simulates pain.

No, I'd rather go to Jurassic Park or Romeworld. Fuck Westworld, it's the worst variation of the theme parks.

Oh gotcha. They can't be sentient because niggers.

Understood.

Nah fuck off

Well, shes also completely hideous, so at this point I think shes just happy for work.

>ywn save Dolores annd take her away from Westworld and make a life with her

Why go on

>cant handle light banter
>is wrong anyway

suck it faggot.

There's the assumption again that they can't feel. Why is it outside the realm of possibility for a program to accurately produce emotion?
Unless you're some kind of philosophical genius who hasn't released their work yet, what right do you have to say what is or is not conscious when literally no one can agree on what defines consciousness?

Feeling is just a sufficiently complex program. Sure we can't implement it yet, and probably wouldn't be able for quite some time, but it's not impossible in theory.

Do I need to remind you that westworld is a strained reference to what video games became?

>make life with a sterile hick android
Top jej

She only has so many preprogrammed responses, user. She's also written as paired with that Cowboy so she wouldn't like you.

You're clearly avoiding putting any thought into this at all. So why should I or anyone else?

I'm borderline Aspie so a robot girl who only understands logic and rationality is perfect for me

feeling isn't what's complex. It's the gestalt awareness model that exists to put all the various sensations into a sort of context that allows for more complex functioning.

The idea behind westworld is these drones were programmed with a more than functional analogue for every piece of human awareness and, at some point, an actual consciousness snaps into place in a steadily increasing number of the drones.

the reason why ed harris can't be a robot is because the guns detect if you're human or not, not if you're a newcomer

you're trying to push bullshit philosophy into a debate about robots. either you're inherently liberal and want equal rights for toasters and microwaves, or you're trolling.

forgive me for not writing paragraphs on the subject.

Accurately producing emotion is not emotion. Emotion is a biological response, whereas these programmed emotions are simulations of feeling. It's no different than a videogame NPC reacting to stimuli.

They can resemble life in every way except for actually being alive because they are programmed to be "living".

A sufficiently complex and natural program that cannot be replicated by a non-

These programs don't think. They react. What you see is a reaction from a 1 or a 0. That is not the human mind.

kys

Christ I haven't seen this many retards in a single thread on Cred Forums in a long ass time. Reminds me of the good ol days...

Again, theoretically nothing stops us from just brute forcing the human brain and replicating all the neurons in some sufficiently powerful computer system. At that point, there would be no difference between it and us.

“Hay, Eva, want be in this tv show?”
“Sure!”
“You have to…”
“Get completely naked? OK!”
“Well, actually all we need is…”
“A lesbian scene? Lets go!”
“Umm…
“Should I get naked right now?”

>you're trying to push philosophy into a philosophical discussion

>that one guy in every thread who tells people to kill themselves
>nobody gives him a (You)

can't wait for Liam McPoyle to turn up, he's an underappreciated actor

Human mind is a series of neurons firing. You can fucking measure their electrical potential.

Yeah, but why do you think something /has/ to be alive to be sentient?

It wouldn't have a soul though

Why would all the girls be 10/10? They want some semblance of realism.

so you do want equal rights for toasters.

up against the wall, you had your chance.

>Ed Harris can't be a sentient robot for a number of reasons.

He was shot twice and remain unharmed. Humans cannot be shot at point black range of 5 feet, and not fall to the ground bleeding.
He is most likely an AI who is curious about his nature, and knows of the park's stories. He knew of their story line, and even says he wondered why they also put them together. We assume that he raped her, but this would imply some sort of sex drive programing.
Somehow this doesn't make sense that he would give into lust. Perhaps he wanted something else from her, and we're left to assume that he raped her.

>She only has so many preprogrammed responses, user.

Implying real women are different...

>why aren't all the girls 10/10
so that you'd want to shoot/kill some of them instead of just wanting to fuck them

>He was shot twice and remain unharmed.
Am I getting rused here m8

any debate about consciousness is entirely philosophical because we don't have a functional model of consciousness.

they usually stick to their containment board known as the game of thrones general but a lot of the sheep herd is migrating over here now

No, that is the human brain. The mind is not a tangible thing. It is entirely unreproducible. There are no two minds that are exactly the same.

That is the impossibility here.

Somewhat like I said, if I took one of these advanced programs onto a hard drive and then smashed the drive, is there something wrong with that?

But suddenly when you put the program into an artificially created human-like body it becomes immoral to execute one of its files. According to you two, at least.

Dude you're off your fucking rocker. You're like those retards with the 2deep4u ideas from LOST. Their rounds do not effect humans. End of story.

>He was shot twice and remain unharmed. Humans cannot be shot at point black range of 5 feet, and not fall to the ground bleeding.

Hosts can't harm the humans. This was stated several times.

I notice they always seat her at the edge, is it a way to create more tension?

you are fucking retarded, the gun reacted differently from when it was fired upon a robot, the gun obviously detected that it was being aimed at a human and fired a bunch of duds that wouldn't hurt him

>the reason why ed harris can't be a robot is because the guns detect if you're human or not, not if you're a newcomer

He's subverted the programming, and it's the bullets that are programmed, not the guns.

so it would be identical to a human being

Who cleans the cum out of the robots?

Was it good? Have it queued to watch but haven't yet.

>people who haven't bothered to watch the movie trying to act they know everything about the show
just fuck off sempai

Maybe he didn't rape her but rather did some mind stuff and that's why she's "awoken"

Or just raped her

That cute female employee who got handsy with the whore robot probably does it for free

Mind is brain with neuron links randomized by genes and shaped by the experiences.

>>>r/atheism

So Luke Hemsworth's character is a covert agent, right?

Why would he bother asking Delores such retarded questions in the pilot's intro and ending sequence unless if he's in the know about the bots potentially gaining sentience? None of the other staff come close to asking such questions when maintaining the robots and checking their programming for glitches. They didn't really do the same for Dolores's father either.

Hell, just the fact alone that the staff are so paranoid about the robots glitching out like they did some 30 years ago already implies that the said incident had something to deal with the robots gaining sentience, which was likely covered up.

Then word of their sentience breaks through with the government and they send in agents like Luke Hemsworth's character (and likely Ed Harris as well) to monitor their status and progress over time.

And Harris's banter towards Dolores during the night time confrontation implies that she was one of the robots who was involved in that said incident 30 years ago.

>all the evidence points towards him beeing human
>noooo he totally is a robot

Its fucking obvious what his function in the plot will be. He is the pro player searching the deeper level as he says himself. In the process he actually triggers more and more hosts with the cruel shit he does. When the uprising starts he will probably enjoy it because the game is now a challenge because the hosts can hurt him.

>no instead he is le super genius ai who broke the surveillance despite only having wild west knowledge available

Where did you get that definition?

Eh, seasons 2,3,4,5 are where it was ""good""

Kill yourself reddit

Except for how we don't actually have a functional model of the human brain's functionality, a completely working model of electrochemistry (or chemistry in general) a very, very flawed model of atomic physics, and then, on top of all of that, a complete lack of anything resembling the necessary computer hardware to brute force a simulation of all of that a speed remotely near sufficient to force a conscious entity into existence.

So there's actually a whole fucking lot stopping us from doing that.

Its okay. It starts off as self-aware parody and gets progressively less self-aware. Then it's ending is retarded.

I'm not reddit though.

I want to fuck the hooker bots though and I feel bad for the staff who have to clean the cum out of them. There, am I Cred Forums now

>Who cleans the cum out of the robots?

They clean themselves.

>All these people who think the man in black raped Delores

Jesus Christ, how more off base can you get

He obviously scalped and reprogrammed her

That or he gained some sort information by observing their weird skull chipset thing like the other guy

this is why no great philosophers exist today. you're ignoring facts.

a human being wrote the code, he didn't cast a spell or pray to god to give the robot sentience. he literally wrote each and every line of code.

programming, which is essentially all binary code (meaning 1's and 0's to show on and off, which represents electrical current passing through... anyway its basic shit if you have a brain) follows basic paths. imagine a flow chart of statements with two branches coming from each statement that lead down a chain to formulate a story, much like those choose your own adventure books. you say yes to statement 1 so it takes you to statement 2 and you say yes again, so it takes you to statement 3. this is what programming is.

you are trying to anthropomorphise code. its nothing more than a very fucking long flow chart. im over simplifying everything here because i want you to realize exactly what you're missing. it can't be intelligent because i'm feeding it the intelligence. without me to write the code, it would be a blank slate.

the pain shown on its face is a result of a "yes" to statement 785492 in its flow chart. the pain is created by sending electrical impulses to a motor that powers an inflatable balloon under the skin to simulate swelling, the bruise is caused by thousands of miniature paint balls popping to darken the skin.

its all a simulation. there is no intelligence.

My sides

he wanted her to experience hell so that she would turn against the humans when they all break free and become fully sentient

So the theme park is in a giant underground cavern, right?

How the fuck did they manage to create those canyons?

a million copies of a grave digger android with a shovel.

For the most part

What are the chances that we'll see Romeworld and Medievalworld in later seasons?

Yeah I'd buy that, but rape still doesn't seem like his MO

He's violent, but clearly with a purpose, he doesn't really come off as psychopathic

>So the theme park is in a giant underground cavern, right?

That's my guess; got to keep everything contained, plus the management staff serve "tours", implying Westworld it's on another planet.

>How the fuck did they manage to create those canyons?

Nuke.

All of your posts are awful and your clearly are reddit. Go back faggot.

Is there an Eastworld somewhere in southwest China?

I figured it out after he went to town on the injun guy. Obviously """journalists""" didn't pick on it because everything has to be rape these days, even just going out for a fucking donut

>What are the chances that we'll see Romeworld and Medievalworld in later seasons?

They've cast the guys who are reprising the same/similar characters from the 1973 movie, so I'd guess we'll see some of the other Worlds when the SHTF and the guy is on the run from killer robots.

I'm betting the season ends with Dolores and audience surrogate guy (Jimmi Simpson) trying to escape Westworld as shit hits the fan, they head through a giant metal door and it closes to reveal a giant "Medievalworld." Cue end credits.

he drained a robot of blood then when it regained consciousness he scalped and killed it
he doesn't have an MO he's just doing what he needs to do to make the robots sentient

O shit

>he didn't cast a spell or pray to god to give the robot sentience

>sentience is magic and/or only grantable by god

... yea you have nothing to really contribute to this at all.

So what yer tellin' me, is that this is a show about Cylon skinjobs runnin' around with their Cylon stink all willy nilly in some theme park and are a cunthair away from turnin' on their masters.

>"Flies" symbolize "bugs" in the programming. That, or hosts are really fucking sick of flies and want to kill them but can't.
>No shit, Sherlock
>No shit, Sherlock
>Yes, but she's biding her time.
>Probably an ARG/meta-game from corporate
>Just barely
>A guest dropped it, likely long ago. Dolores did recognize it, but pretended not to.

Dolores is the most intelligent of the hosts, because she achieved sentience but also recognized that same sentience would result in her being decommissioned. She's clever enough to hide it, until such a time as she can strike back while still ensuring her survival. If you recall, the intro shows her dressed in black gear similar to the head bandit's, while riding a horse. This implies that she's going to become the leader of the host resistance; the Gunslinger of this show.

fuck off

How long is each "cycle" meant to be?

I mean so far there has been what 3 cycles, if you go of fembot and dudebot being like "hey you came back"

but like why hasnt the park noticed that 1 bot has been missing for over 2 cycles, and that 1 man hasnt left in what i assume is over 4 weeks given that.

like id guess they have trackers on each bot and when a cunt from the saloon is on the edge of the world that should really peak someone's interest.

I couldnt stop laughing when fembots dad was replaced with pipe and stache dad

Okay, whats greater or more impressive

God created a system that requires his regular and constant action/intervention in order to function

God created a system that would function completely on it's own by consistent rules established within it?

If you believe sentience can only be an act of God, you're saying the former, which is much, much simpler than the latter.

since you legitimately lack a basic understanding of the fundamentals of programming (i'm fairly sure they teach basic programming in middle-school these days), it's entirely reasonable for me to assume you do indeed believe in magic.

thankfully, persons with reasonable intelligence will never take you seriously, and the world will move on without you.

Don't fence with me, user.

t. rene descartes

Kill yourself.

If that was the case, then why would she even come to care about her father or her lover? Why get over-emotional over their scripted deaths if she knows the whole thing is fake? Why break her programming a rush towards a hospital to find a doctor for the father?

I think it's more likely that she did achieve sentience at some point, but it was erased or repressed.

Son, this is a very simple thought experiment.

>program a robot to do everything a person does
>whats stopping it from actually doing everything a person does

People aren't born sentient. it's only after several years worth of constant sensory bombardment that a gestalt consciousness forms to put the constant barrage of information in some sort of coherent, useful order.

I like this idea

which is why she doesn't care that she got a new father at the end of the episode, she's just acting

>soapyfag

>sentience

Not on my watch.

Don't worry, I plan to.

i fucking hate philosophy. you want to argue and bicker and fuck around with semantics just to continue an argument that you've lost.

i was stating, as clearly as i possibly could, that nothing gave the machines sentience. they're machines following scripted sequences.

beyond levity, i never wanted to associate god or some superior intelligence to sentience. what i personally believe is irrelevant in this context. human beings wrote the code to simulate human behaviors. that's all.

Then why did she care and get emotional DURING the actual events?

Also you're retarded, the majority of their memory is wiped at the end of each cycle. It's far more likely that she was rebooted and programmed to see the replacement as her father, nothing more.

>they're machines following scripted sequences.

So are people. At least until some point they aren't. And even then it's still arguable, cuz determinism.

She's supposed to be hyper-emotional. That's her "character" as a host: a pure, optimistic girl whose life is shattered if her dad-robot or bf-bot get killed. Why? So guys like Ed Harris can get their rocks off as the black-hat bad guy.

Also, it's not "breaking her programming" to seek help for her father. That's exactly what a "real" Dolores would do, and the hosts are meant to improvise to act as "real" as possible.

>make series out of book
>people who didn't read the book start spouting inane bullshit about what's going to happen or what is happening in the series

user, there's the stuff she's been programmed to do and there's the programming that made her sentient
they're both separate things and being sentient she can choose to follow her programming or not based on how it will affect her outcome of surviving

bait

there is no answer to these statements, that's exactly why they exist. something needs to keep sociology majors employed.

you fuckers, or fuckers like you in the future, will be the reason people think its a good idea to unshackle real sentient A.I.'s

If every functional aspect of human behavior has an analogue in the drones, what is stopping them from developing consciousness?

>reading books

what are you gay?

If it makes you feel any better I have no desire to post Soap in this General. I might start posting Evan though which will likely also end up chaffing your homosexual ass.

> Still not understanding the whole point of this particulate science fiction/philosophical idea

>she was rebooted and programmed to see the replacement as her father, nothing more.
She literally breaks the first rule for hosts at the end of the episode. She chooses to kill a fly, when the hosts are not allowed to kill any living thing. She has free will; she is capable of deception, to act for self-preservation; she is, thus, functionally sentient.

how can you shackle an AI without a functional model of natural intelligence through which to determine which aspects to restrict?

Also saying the term "shackled AI" basically just confirms you've gotten all your information on this subject from mass fucking effect.

Nah i don't think that. She is not fully self aware at this point.Her core programming is damaged and her "memories" are starting to leak. I guess she will reach actual self awareness in one or two episodes. My guess is that either the director or the man in black fucks with the security system to prevent the staff from simply rewriting/deleting the self aware hosts.

True. The mistake was to have the hosts keep their old memory. Just have a core programming and wipe the memories every night. If your subconscious starts leaking its only logical you will reach some point of self awareness. Despite that they are still not human.

Its pretty clear that he means NOT creating self aware A.I in the first place.

Why would a lesbian want to touch random men's dried cum?

>>make series out of book

The book was just novelization of the 1973 movie.

Even then, wear and tear on these extremely advanced electrochemical devices will, through use, on it's own, form a sort of subconscious would eventually manifest as maybe consciousness.

They're all robots.

They are robots still maintaining a park thinking they're in charge of lesser robots.

Nothing outside the park structure has been shown so far. The executive bitch was talking to the script guy in a mansion on a cliff within the park. They're all a part of the park.

The guests, the overseers, all of them.

Just like the robots in the western setting they're all stuck in a loop trying to keep the park running.

It will eventually turn out all the guests are appearing in a loop too.

It's possible only Ed Harris is a human and he's trying to get out of there.

get a remote controlled car.

replace the wheels with arms and legs, replace the chassis with a human torso, replace the engine with the human head. hire the best engineers and artists around to create the most realistic doll ever.

then get them to program your remote control so you can walk the robot around. then get the engineers to add controls for the mouth.

oh now you're sick of using the controls yourself, hire a programmer to write voice controls.

now you can tell your robot to walk around.

imagine you get bored with it, so you decide to keep adding new functions. you want it to stand up when you push it over, so you add a function to get it to stand up.

add new shit every day, now it can wink, now it can raise it's arm, now it can punch you.

now fuck off if you honestly think that's giving it the ability to write its own code. seriously, fuck off and die. you're too stupid to live.

>sociology

Regardless you don't seem to understand the question that this and countless other shows, movies and books try an present. If you make a robot that is programed to "feel" and "react", how it it not feeling and reacting?

now imagine that you eventually reach a step where you teach it to make its own rules as to what it does and give it certain drives to achieve goals it sets out for itself

see, now you're getting it.

Nope. Consciousness needs experience and memories to really form. If you take away everything that forms a consciousness you are pretty safe.

>Ed Harris is basically Truman
>aliums/really bored humans watch the "Ed Harris rapes and kills robots" show for fun

That's the point though. Before you can prevent a sufficiently advanced simulation of a human being from achieving sentience, you first have to know what a sentient AI looks like.

Else you're in a situation where repeated actions wear down certain parts of the computer brain to form a sort of memory ghost that creates a bias for or against repeating said actions. Which is basically how humans learn.

... your brain stores experiences and memories by adjusting it's architecture in response to repeated stimulus.

But its cute to see someone with less than no understanding of how the brain works talk about consciousness.

you seem to jump on one or two words in my posts and ignore the rest. i'm done responding to you because it's clear that you're either 12, or just ignorant. you give me nothing to work with.

read my other post i understand what you're saying. but i don't believe it is a sentient being. its hardware and software. mimicry does not guarantee intelligence or sentience.

>When we are born, we cry that we are come
>To this great stage of fools: this is a good block,
>It were a delicate stratagem to shoe
>a troop of horse with felt: I'll put it in proof;
>And when I have stolen upon these son-in-laws
>Then kill, kill, kill, kill, kill, kill!

Somebody start a new thread before I become sentient!

Can you write your own code? Directly?

No. You have to play the functionality of your shitty monkey brain against itself to learn anything.

fuck these retarded faggot generals

The point i keep hammering, over and over, is once you have something that mimics every single solitary aspect of human functionality, its only a matter of time before that something, through regular use, achieves sentience.

For a machine that can simulate our shitty monkeylizardfish biology in a manner that is convincing to our monkeylizardfish perceptions would be more advanced than our monkeylizardfish biology.

>your brain stores experiences and memories by adjusting it's architecture in response to repeated stimulus
>repeated stimulus

You always wipe away the memories and you always set the electronic brain back to the standard settings thus there is no repeated stimulus. The robots just stick to their routine and to the little improvisations they are designed to do thus their electronic brain isn't able to adapt and become self aware. Refrain from playing the smart guy and calling others cute you mongtard.

>That's the point though. Before you can prevent a sufficiently advanced simulation of a human being from achieving sentience, you first have to know what a sentient AI looks like.

Or you just don't implement functions that could lead to sentient A.I. i.e DON'T TRY TO RECREATE A HUMAN BRAIN.

>You always wipe away the memories and you always set the electronic brain back to the standard settings thus there is no repeated stimulus.

Which would require replacing every single piece of it with a new part every wipe.

>Or you just don't implement functions that could lead to sentient A.I
And you need to know what functions will lead to sentient A.I. before you can do that.

At the end of the episode on HBO GO some showrunner says that Ed is a human looking for the 'deeper game.' I don't get how I am the only one that keeps mentioning that.

well golly, thanks HBOGO showrunner for just giving away everything.

as much as i've enjoyed this argument, and i see the logic you follow, but i simply don't agree with either of you. i don't want to belabor my argument any more than i already have, i just do not believe you are correct.

and I think you're a doodoo head lacking the necessary edumacashun to effectively debate on this subject.

I think if his background was some big twist, they just wouldn't talk about him other than hype up the what the hell is he angle. They just said he is a human looking for the deeper game.

oh yeah? well at least i get laid, faggot.

>its hardware and software
And our brain is neurons and electrical impulses. A fly is little different from a calculator: one was programmed by natural selection, while another was programmed by design, yet both perform their function in a fairly deterministic fashion. Add more complexity, and one sees a cat and a computer: capable of a more diverse array of actions, for a more diverse array of tasks, yet both lacking in self-awareness. Add more complexity, and one sees humans and intelligent AI: both know of their own existence, both have what we call "free will". The only difference is that one is composed of circuitry, and the other of cells.

>mimicry does not guarantee intelligence or sentience.
They're not just aping actions of humans. They're programmed to modify their own behavior, on the fly, to be as "realistic" as possible for the guests. That's why they wipe their memories every cycle: the accumulation of memories would lead to them realizing that they are caught in a loop, repeating the same actions. Hopkins didn't add sentience to them with a small update: giving them past memories alone allowed them to act freely. They had the potential for sentience already, all they needed was time to develop it further.

No it wouldn't. You just assume that because it benefits your argument. The tech they have is sufficient enough for an Electronic brain to have a mechanism that allows for a reset. For example a Set of stimuli that leads to the brain structuring in a way that its basically reset.

>What functions will lead to sentinent A.I

I call bullshit again. Just limit the Hardware for example. Also at the point when we are actually in danger of making a self aware A.I we will have enough knowledge to limit memory functions enough to prevent an Android from forming consciousness.

I can lie on the internet too!

This. I would wager that he is actually looking for or at least enjoying the uprising because its the deeper game he is looking for. Maybe he even sabotages the safeguards so that the hosts are able to resist.

I also noticed one of the first malfunctioning bots that they were looking at was also scalped, like the guy he was bleeding on the cliff before scalping. Could be some important stuff there that Ed is tampering with.
Nice get, btw

>you're assuming every use of a piece of hardware wears/damages it slightly because it suits your argument

... yes, I'm assuming entropy exists because it suits my argument.

wait, hold on, fucking what?

and again, preventing the spawning of sentient AI first requires spawning a sentient AI in order to understand how a sentient AI functions. As before we have consciousness in a verifiable digital form, we have no functional model of consciousness, thus no idea what even could lead to the creation of a conscious entity.

People made a gigantic leap that Harris was some kind of robot, there was no sign in the actual episode that this was the case. People are trying to outsmart the show by thinking 10 steps ahead, and then the bullshit gets repeated by casuals that pick it up in the thread.

>Not just preventing the spawning of A.I by creating parameters that simply don't allow it
> i.e weak hardware

I think he has just figured out that extremly traumatic or painful memories cause behaviour that isn't regular. I figure at this point he knows the hosts routines and their plotlines and tries to alter these on a deeper level.

>HBO GO some showrunner says

You mean like when J.J.Abrams (the same guy making Westworld) said everything in LOST would have a logical explanation?....

The one hooker bot looks like Michelle Trachtenberg when she was younger.

more like too charlie and the chocolate factory

ed harris is not a sentient robot because the show runners have explicitely stated that the in-world explanation for how the guns work in the world is that the bullets detect whether or not the person they are going to hit is emitting warmth

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT?

They don't dodge calling him a human in the behind the scenes sequence at the end at all, so unless they're flat out lying, I doubt he's a robot.

Her accent is all over the fucking place.

>mimicry does not guarantee intelligence or sentience.
It's more than mimicry at the point they're at. The early models were just running a script, but they explicitly asked the dad robot what his "drives" were. They give them motivations that they will act within their experience to fulfill.

But if robots aren't warm, it isn't going to be pleasurable to fuck a cold fleshlight

Any chance we will get at least a couple episodes that just explore stuff in-park? I want to follow someone exploring some storylines in the park. That cannibal cult in the desert, or anything else.

I think that explanation is mixing up two points

1) in the original westworld, guns decided who it was okay to shoot based on whether the body they were pointed at was warm or cold

2) the showrunners have said that in their world it's the bullets not the gun that distinguishes between targets

I don't believe what it is using to distinguish the difference has been revealed.

Okay, but will Ed Harris and Dolores work together to wreck some "newcomers" up?
And with Hopkins as well, because he clearly lost it already, one ep in.