ITT weird shit from the prequels you don't ever see mentioned

ITT weird shit from the prequels you don't ever see mentioned

>Anakin and Shmi admit to Qui-Gon that slaves on Tatooine have a bomb implanted in a secret location on their body that blows up if they try to leave

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elective_monarchy
starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Mas_Amedda
thecollegefix.com/post/29230/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>lukes stupid fucking plan at jabbas palace

what the fuck is weird about that?

If anakin still has his bomb, someone could use it to kill him later, like when he turns into Darth Vader

You literally never hear about it again and there are many easier ways to keep slaves in line than secretly implanting bombs in their body

Seriously this, his plan is completely retarded

>Send a rich politician away to go undercover as a mob boss grunt for like a week, I guess no imperial agents noticed him missing. Could have also been easily recognized by someone in Jabba's posse (Boba Fett for instance) and killed
>Send in your strongest warrior as a prisoner, even though he might just be instantly destroyed
>Send in your droids as a cheap gift, totally unequal Han's life. Embed your greatest weapon in one droid on the off-chance you might be on a barge in the middle of the desert and the droid might be in a position to shoot your lightsabre to you
>droids could have instantly been destroyed
>Jabba might accept your offer, guess you lose your lightsabre forever then
>Send in your sister as a disguised bounty hunter even though she might be detected and killed instantly
>finally go in yourself, unarmed and attempt a cheap trick to cheat the mob-boss
>nearly get killed by the Rancor
>finally make it to the desert where everyone happens to be perfectly in place to assist you
>even then almost die

Wtf
i don't remember that
post script or the scene
otherwise you're just raimi-posting

On the topic of the thread though, I'll call attention to the opera scene in episode III where palpatine says that his master impregnated shmi long-distance through the force
so technically sheev killed anakin's father

Imagine if it went off when he picked up palapatine and got electrocuted

star wars is fucking dumb and you guys are idiots for discussing it

its like turboautists talking about capeshit but worse because its star wars

nobodys that dumb tho

>QUI-GON, ANAKIN, JAR JAR, and PADME are seated around a table. JAR JAR slurps his soup as SHMI walks over pours him a drink. JAR JAR looks up at her as she moves on. ARTOO beeps as he looks on from the corner of the room.

>SHMI: All slaves have transmitters placed inside their bodies somewhere.

>ANAKIN: I've been working on a scanner to try and locate mine.

>SHMI: Any attempt to escape...

>ANAKIN: ... and they blow you up ... boom!

Completely unexplained until a throwaway line 15 or so years later

It worked. That's all that matters.

>shmi's last name is Maimen

So, was Watto just lying to them?

TPM novelization p192-193:
They went to Watto's shop first, where the Toydarian had completed the forms necessary to assure Anakin's freedom. The transmitter that bound Anakin to his life of slavery was deactivated permanently. It would be removed surgically at a later date. Watto was still grumbling about the unfairness of things as they left him and went back out into the street.

I don't know why retarded faggots like you bother posting.

Neither one of them tried to escape you retard, they were both freed legitimately and probably had the bombs removed or otherwise disabled

>TPM novelization p192-193:

Stopped reading there

So they obviously had it removed. Does it really need to be shown on screen?

it's alright in one piece there's slave collars and when they explode no one's ever died

haki cuts 'em down like they're butter. they really are pretty useless

Why were they still trying so hard to kill Padme when she was an essentially powerless Senator?

Also is the motherfucking "Queen" of Naboo a position tied to public vote or something? How did she stop being a Queen?

Also why was Palpatine allowing Nute Gunray or whoever it was to continue trying to have Padme assassinated if she was instrumental to Anakin's eventual downfall?

Shimi's life is like something out of Berserk.

Yes. Also why don't the characters ever take poop breaks? The only poop shown is on Jarjars foot. That's RIDICULOUS

>Also is the motherfucking "Queen" of Naboo a position tied to public vote or something? How did she stop being a Queen?

Fucking this, the whole point of royalty is that it's hereditary. So why the fuck was she suddenly just not the Queen anymore?

Apparently it was an elected monarchy, but that makes less and less sense the more you think about it.

Not elective monarchism as a system, there's been plenty of countries who vote on a monarch.

But the fact that they voted for a 14 year old girl to be queen of the whole planet.

>transmitters

they could be tracking chips and the blowing up is done via weaponry

Are you familiar with the concept of Chekhov's gun? You can't just mention an important device or object, and then just ignore it and pretend as if that information wasn't dropped. It's simply bad writing to do so

Also the fact that they could just... unelect a monarch?! Or do they have terms? In which case, why call your leader "Queen" instead of President...

the force did it

>Are you familiar with the concept of Chekhov's gun?
Are you?

things can be mentioned for versimilitude, the principle of the gu is just a good suggestion

Queen/King might imply they have more absolute power than a president. While some countries used to vote for their king, I never heard of any with term limits so I don't know.

gun*

Why not have her be Princess Amidala and have her dad hate Jedi and though by the end of the Phantom Menace he stops hating Jedi because they save the day, he'd still never let his daughter marry one (and remove the "Jedi can't fuck" thing from the story) and have the repercussions of Anakin potentially pissing of Naboo's king by banging his daughter be somehow disastrous for the Jedi for whatever reason?

Then the Jedi don't need to be emotionless asexual freaks, it would just be Anakin not being allowed to bang the chick he wants to bang, which would also validate some of his "this isn't fair!" whining, because it would literally just be him who wasn't allowed to love.

They're talking about the actual movie, not some fanfic that came out a year later.

You put more thought into this than Lucas did

>an elected monarchy

Really made me think

What the hell was Leia princess of?
Alderaan as a whole?
Did Senator Bail Organa become a king at some point?

>talk about Master Syfodias
>Turns out he's a major plot point
>Never meet him
>Never told who he is
>Never told who is pretending to be him
>Huh mystery must get unraveled in episode 3
>Literally zero references to him at all
Confused the shit out of 10 year old me

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elective_monarchy

>people think star wars is a sci fi

I'll never understand it. People hear a word, they think it means something and REFUSE to believe it doesn't mean what their uneducated brain thinks it means

Why can't Anakin and Padme just plow when they fall in love? Why does there need to be this creepy air of sex being forbidden throughout all of the series?

>"I'm a senator!"

The book was out before the movie faggot and they are still considered canon unless one of the movies contradicts them.

It was her chosen pronoun you cis fuck

His wife was a Queen but he was never a King I guess

Name one time a senator has ever been involved in a sex scandal

But that would make him a king, would it not?
He was already married to her during the prequels.

It would make him like first-queen

Looked at Wikipedia, he was apparently a prince like Prince Philip is to Queen Elizabeth.

Marrying a queen doesn't necessarily make you a king. Queen Elizabeth's husband is still just Prince Phillip

meant Wookiepedia

Is that even still canon anymore?
Has Bail Organa's wife ever been named canonically since the big purging of the EU?

Didn't even know how to spell his name so couldn't google it back then either
something about a comic revealing his soul/body was used to create grievous right?
they never said why he ordered the army though
Tbh dooku should have been Syfodias

midi chlorians

It's still listed under the canon section, so apparently yes
I think she was mentioned by name in one of the comics

She wasn't married and cheating on someone with him you dip. When has a scandal ever arisen from two consenting adults in a relationship happily having sex?

>something about a comic revealing his soul/body was used to create grievous right?
No, Grievous was a different character the whole time. Sifo-Diyas saw that a war was coming and went against the Jedi Council and ordered the creation of the Clone Army but Dooku and Sidious killed him and manipulated things behind the scenes. Watch Star Wars: The Clone Wars, it explains it and it gets really good.

Dooku to wasn't? I still don't fucking know what happened then

I thought dooku pretended to be him to order the clone army

But then the clones fought dookus army...

And the Jedi didn't investigate the army being ordered by a dead Jedi and just took it and we're surprised about order 66.

Fuck Lucas

It's natural when filming on location in India

Hey, Anakin, it's Shmi!

>writing a novel to plug up the plotholes
Shit like this is why movies are crap now.

Anakin's mother wasn't freed. They didn't even remember her til about ten years later. It seems that Anakin could have borrowed some money, and set her free a lot earlier.

Plus he had other relatives on the planet?

Dooku was a Jedi at some point, he was Qui-Gon's sensei or whatever, and then he became Darth Tyranus for whatever reason.

My question is, when the fuck did that shit happen? Before Darth Maul? But then that gets rid of the "alway two there are, apprentice and master" nonsense that Yoda talks about.

But then if Dooku became a Sith after Maul was killed, that also doesn't make any sense. He'd still be like a 70 year old Jedi, what use is he becoming a Sith so late in life?

Also where/what was he the Count of?

Ki-Adi-Mundi says he's just a "political idealist" when Padme accuses him of being evil, but what the hell does that mean in the context of him having been a fucking Jedi and seemingly not a Jedi any more? I would assume they don't generally allow defection from the Jedi order, even if it's not to become a Sith, but whatever.

Underrated

The Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace novelization was written by Terry Brooks and published on April 21, 1999 by Del Rey. It is based on the script of the movie of the same name.

This has been happening since AT LEAST the 80's.

This novelization, unlike those from the original trilogy, contains much that is not in the movie. It includes three entire chapters of material created by Terry Brooks and unique to the novel. The first two chapters of the book concern Anakin's next-to-last podrace and its aftermath, while a later chapter describes an encounter between Anakin and a wounded Tusken Raider in the desert.

Brooks met with George Lucas before writing the book and received his approval and guidance, including information about developments to come in Episode II and Episode III. This can be seen in such passages as the Tusken Raider scene, which ironically foreshadows the death of Anakin's mother in Episode II, and the passage leading up to Anakin's fight with the Rodian child (Greedo), indicating that Anakin's anger derives from his anguish at Padmé's impending departure (foreshadowing the plot of Episode III).
The novelization is especially well-known for a passage describing the history of the Sith, including Darth Bane. According to Terry Brooks' memoir, Sometimes the Magic Works: Lessons from a Writing Life, Lucas spent an hour on the telephone with him discussing the history of the Jedi and the Sith. Therefore, the information on this subject provided in Brooks' novelization might derive from Lucas himself.
Brooks devotes the entire fourteenth chapter of Sometimes the Magic Works to the writing of the Episode I novelization, which was an extremely happy and fulfilling experience for him.

>My question is, when the fuck did that shit happen? Before Darth Maul? But then that gets rid of the "alway two there are, apprentice and master" nonsense that Yoda talks about.
I forget when Sidious recruited him, but I think it was after Maul. The Sith do sometimes have multiple apprentices, though, or the apprentice has their own apprentice so that they can eventually become the master. Eventually one Sith has to die in that arrangement and it's back to two.
>But then if Dooku became a Sith after Maul was killed, that also doesn't make any sense. He'd still be like a 70 year old Jedi, what use is he becoming a Sith so late in life?
He walked away because he became disillusioned with the Jedi Council, he felt that they were too stagnant. The humans in the galaxy live way longer, especially if they're force users, so it's not unusual for him to become a Sith later on.
>Also where/what was he the Count of?
Some planet I forget the name of
>Ki-Adi-Mundi says he's just a "political idealist" when Padme accuses him of being evil, but what the hell does that mean in the context of him having been a fucking Jedi and seemingly not a Jedi any more? I would assume they don't generally allow defection from the Jedi order, even if it's not to become a Sith, but whatever.
They can walk away if they want to. Very few do, but they are allowed to walk away.

Was getting caught part of his plan?

They vote for a queen who is in her early teens every so many years to symbolize purity but then for some reason they give her actual political power.

So you're saying he used the Force to impregnate her?

was trying to fit in part of yours?

>A movie is not a stand alone piece of fiction and must be supplemented with novels in order to engage in the entire narrative

Listen normy I've been a 4channarian for the last 10 years.

you're not fooling anyone you little faggot

Luke's overconfidence being intact after Empire is a big part of Jedi, and the entire opening is well executed (especially in relation to the rest of Jedi) and in part does a great job of illustrating that Luke is even more cock sure than he was in Empire despite what should have been a humbling experience.

Why did sheev try so hard to capture the queen and have her sign the treaty if his whole plan was to use the war as a means to get elected.

Maybe Palatine knew the shitty aliens wouldn't be able to accomplish this trivial task

None of the stuff added in the novel was vital. It just added extra depth and nuance. They didn't leave out important shit like tfa. That piece of shit made no sense unless you want to read a bunch of books and comics.

I think the story would have been better if sheev had ordered the army in qui gons name. He died around the same time so it's not like they could ask him if he did or not. Adding in that sifo diyas dude is pointless.

i miss kyle katarn,,

I read the novelization, too, and honestly I like it better than the film in a lot of ways. I recommend it to anyone who's watched the film and wants to know more about it.

>Luke holds a meeting of rebels
>"We need volunteers for the Han Solo rescue mission"
>Leia, Chewie, and Lando are the only volunteers because Han is kind of an ass and rescuing him from the Hutts is kind of a dumb idea that will only really hurt the Rebels anyways -- it's only going to piss off the Hutts and have them after the Rebels, giving them another enemy to deal with, in exchange for a guy who isn't all that important to the Rebellion
>"Well, shoot, I guess we'll make do"

Also, Luke's greatest weapon isn't his lightsaber. It's the Force.

And it seemed like he had a bunch of different plans, and the "desert rescue" was backup plan C or D.

The plan seemed to go like this.

>we'll embed lando in as a guard and get some intel, maybe he can get him out alone
>it's too hot? okay, we'll send in a disguised leia, giving up chewie as a bounty. she can sneak han and chewie out at night
>jabba figured out the plan? alright, guess i gotta come in and negotiate
>shit, he straight up doesn't want to play ball. well, i hid a lightsaber in r2 thankfully, knowing that jabba probably would have had the guards strip me of my weapon. maybe we can still make this work

Can't find anything on this. She's listed as Shmi Skywalker Lars everywhere, with a note that her name was Shmi Warka in an early draft.

This is in the Plinkett Phantom Menace review.

Are you retarded or just new?

>Padme assassinated if she was instrumental to Anakin's eventual downfall?
He probably knew Anakin would be able to thwart them and did it to make him more paranoid about protecting her.

This can only mean one thing...

IMPREGNATION!

I'm a high-functioning autistic. What of it? What does that have to do with Star Wars?

>high-functioning

It looks like your power level isn't high enough for this thread faggot.

for an autist you don't seem to know much about star wars

>shmee is gangraped and tortured for a month-ish by sandpeople
>anakin ends the entire tribe
>the jedi wag their finger at anakin for actually acting on this
>they don't ever go back to liberate the slaves, investigate the sandpeoples other offenses, etc
If you rewatch the prequels, jedi's seem more like power hungry cult members, and less like peace keepers

This would make for a pretty cool standalone spin off film about a group of people arriving on Tattooine, they piss off Watto and when they try to leave, one of them blows up as then the others have to try and get the implants off in time before Watto sends troops to kill them

Queen Breha Organa is holding baby Princess Leia at the end of RotS.

>the jedi wag their finger at anakin for actually acting on this
No, they don't. They don't even know what he did.

>human slavery is common
>The jedi, as the "guardians of peace and justice" are totally ok with this

Cliegg Lars bought Shmi from Watto and married her. It's stated right in AotC.

>The Jedi don't want to invade an entire country and change the system

>Jabba
>big space-mafia boss
>gorillion enemies
>gets a couple droids as a present
>doesn't even scan them in case they have explosive devices or other dangerous hazards, like a fucking lightsaber
>doesn't wipe their memories to remove any possible assassination sub-routine or some kind of rogue programming

If they aren't interested in enforcing some kind of law and order when it happens to be inconvenient what the fuck is even their job?

kill yourself you fucking retard

peace and justice from a certain point of view

They literally don't know. Shitlord.

>Send a rich politician
Who?

Tatooine isn't part of the republic. This is stated.

>getting this assblasted over star wars

>it's an user thinks Lando is a politician instead of a businessman episode

His overconfidence is his weakness.

He thinks Lando is rich and a politician, and doesn't realize Lando (who isn't really valuable to the Rebellion) probably volunteered to save a friend (especially since he's sort of the reason Han got caught).

Yoda picks up on it while meditating. it's in the movie. He even hears qui gon trying to intervene.

>ITT weird shit from the prequels you don't ever see mentioned

In episode 2 Anakin and Padme are told to "travel as refugees" to Naboo

Why the fuck are people fleeing coruscant as refugees?

It's illegal in the Republic. Shit outside there is controlled by the Hutts and such, Jedi are police not the army, their juristiction ends where the republic does

the world is full of people who've been raised to think their ignorant opinions matter. that other user is so stupid he's trying to take part in a conversation on a subject he's completely ignorant about.

>be a refugee from a shit planet
>"help republic"
>republic sends you to coruscant to get sorted out
>they get your info and then determine your new home
>from coruscant, you're sent to a world that's agreed to take in refugees for the republic

I mean, why have refugees settle on overcrowded Coruscant when there are tons of planets that have barely anyone on them?

Certain lines from the original Star Wars suggest Obi Wan and Uncle Owen certainly had a history with each other.. Yet the only interaction between them in the prequels is Obi Wan handing Luke off to him & Aunt Beru. Like, it's really weird that George would forget to include an explanation for Owen's very strong feelings regarding Obi Wan.

I hope Rebels will help us understand better why Uncle Owen held so much contempt for Obi Wan.

>Live as a slave
>Your son gets taken from you
>Get raped to death by arabs
>Your son becomes evil incarnate

Shmi had a hard life

But she was a good friend

Get this kid some Preparation-H.

They do allow you to leave.

See Ashoka Tano in the animated Clone Wars.

see

An elective monarchy doesn't mean the citizenry gets to cast a ballot for who gets to be king or queen and it could be Joe Shmoe, an elective monarchy means all the lord's of the realm convene to elect the monarch from the possible list of heirs. Generally the many sons and daughters of the previous monarch, or a close cousin if none of his kids were suitable.

It is literally nothing to do with a democracy.

I never mentioned WHO voted for her, just how stupid they were to vote a 14 year old girl to be Queen of the whole planet. Plus she seems to no longer be queen later on.

>Nigel Farage is UKIP leader again

He literally cannot be stopped

In other words you've got nothing.

You talk like ep1 had a great story or something. Or at least interesting.

They always pick young people. I think the 2 kings before her were both in their 20's

>boring white mary sue character
lel. Also

>The Monarch of Naboo was the elected king or queen of the human denizens of the planet of Naboo. The Naboo often elected young women, believing they possessed a form of pure, childlike wisdom that the adults lacked

So Naboo were basically a planet of cunnyfags

>they're literally kicked out of office once they get too old

Yes, I have no Preparation-H for you, but I'm trying to get someone in this thread to hook you up. Don't worry, sugartits.

>Anakin never goes back to get his mother until like 20 years later
>Qui-Gonn doesn't go back and just buy her
>Anakin doesn't go back and just buy her
>Anakin literally leaves her to rot until she dies

You're upset enough to keep replying because i'm right.

Full disclosure: I have no clue what you're supposedly "right" about and am just baiting you along for replies out of boredom. My apologies for breaking character on you.

at least we both had a good time

No, that would make him Prince-Consort.

>Also where/what was he the Count of?
Serenno System.

This actually makes sense. What doesnt is the petty stupid reason they want to kill padme in the first place.

The bad guys from episode 1 are in 2 and 3 and were supposed to have bigger roles (just like jar jar) but cut back because of backlash and George being a cuck.

Goddamn Lucas lived the life.

>But then if Dooku became a Sith after Maul was killed, that also doesn't make any sense. He'd still be like a 70 year old Jedi, what use is he becoming a Sith so late in life?
To confirm his political alliance with Palpatine?

Dooku thought that by sharing his Sith secrets with him, Palpatine made him the co-conspirator, rather than an unwitting pawn like other CIS leaders.

Jedi aren't Empire. Tatooine was not a part of the galactic state before the Imperial Era, and even then Hutts were allowed to own slaves, even though officially slavery was forbidden.

What the fuck are ray-shields?

Are they fixed installations in ships hallways, or a mobile technology? Why do we never see them utilised again? Why was Obi-Wan so butthurt about getting caught in one, even though it seems pretty undetectable and in a fairly arbitrary area of the ship? Why do we never see them again after this occasion?

Why do they all speak englisch?

How do they travel so fast around space when the planet are at least lightyears away from each other?

Why did they built a deathstar when they just could fly a ship through a planet at lightspeed?

With what money, Jedi take a vow of poverty

>(just like jar jar)
No, he was never supposed to be a secret Sith. This is a meme.

>Why do we never see them utilised again?
Episode I: giant dinosaurs carry them to protect the Gungans from blaster fire.

Episode V: rebel base is defended by a ray shield, stopping Vader from landing right there.

Great scene desu.

Palpatine is trying to stir shit to gain more power. He's got the Separatists, under Dooku, making the Republic scared, so they're trying to vote on creating a Republic army to counter the threat of the Separatists. Padme is the leader of the opposition of the Military Creation Act, so she's bad for Palpatine.

So Palpatine's plan is to have the Separatists try to kill her. If she died, he was going to use her death to his advantage: "See, the Separatists are a threat! We need an army!" and also the leader of the opposition is gone so it's even easier to get in.

She doesn't die, but the assassination attempt still manages to get her out of the picture, and thus he gets his army in the end (thanks Jar Jar).

For the Separatists, it's just those Trade Fed guys from the first ones wanting some revenge against the woman who spoiled their plans: if she'd just signed the damn treaty, they'd have gotten away with it. Plus, their leaders, Dooku and Palpatine/Sidious, are pulling the strings (and we already established why Palp wants her assassinated).

look at all that poverty.
>Jedi take a vow of poverty
no they don't, you are mistaking it for real life religion that some of it is based on. hell yoda outright says that he does not need to be emperor because he can still move armies and live in big houses while using lightside, manipulating people instead of forcing them

>have the chancellor and two jedi trapped indefinitely, potentially securing the outcome of the war
>I guess we better bring them to the control center of the ship for some reason. I'm sure it will be fine since we have all these battle droids even though they never managed to kill a jedi in this entire series.

Why doesn't he just cheat on a bet like Qui Gon did?

The Jedi organisation is wealthy

Individual Jedi are indigent

its funny since he himself knows that he is too old. in ep 3 novelization he tries really hard to delude himself into thinking sheev will keep him alive

Qui-Gon didn't cheat to win, nor did he cheat for personal gain: he cheated to get the right slave freed. Knowing Watto, the dice were loaded, anyhow.

You clearly misunderstand Chekhov's gun, though. Don't talk about shit you have no idea about.

That is like saying the politician who has a government issued,paid and maintained car,chauffeur and gas is indigent. When north korean leaders got everything they had from the gov do you think they felt like monks?

I was under the impression that Leia went in after Han separately and wasn't part of Luke's plan. Lando possibly as well, though probably not because he and Luke acknowledge each other when he arrives.

newfag

so he can just beg on the street for it. Im not sure how much a slave costs but I don't think it would have taken more than 5/10 years. hell maybe he could get public awareness going at free more than 1 slave. also while freeing his mom is an act "for him" it is also for her since you know I doubt she likes being a slave.
>Knowing Watto, the dice were loaded, anyhow.
What are you implying
>Qui-Gon didn't cheat to win, nor did he cheat for personal gain
more "its ok too kill people as long as you are not angry while doing it" bullshit

>5/10 years

He's a Jedi user he has responsibilities. He can't just take a sabbatical to save up to buy his mum from the rapist who bought her from Watto

They name it so people don't ask "why did not they just run away" getting it deactivated was a part of the plot so it was not even a Chekhov's gun, it was an active part of the plot from the second it was shown

it was all 1 plan, as can be seen from internal monologues in the audio drama of the movies. it was just very retarded plan

>He's a Jedi user he has responsibilities.
He still gets off time, time he usually uses to tinker with droids or do underground racing. + this has been said before but he could kind of drop a hint to the queen he saved or has everyone he knows taken a vow of poverty? all of this could have been easily waved way a mild change (like most things in starwars) have them go back but find her already sold to an unknown buyer

ROTJ takes places a whole year after ESB. They watched Jabba for a good while before they tried their plan. Essentially to me, it seems like they wanted to kill Jabba. Not just save Han, but end this shit. And Jabba was a really difficult creature to kill.

it all makes sense now

>seemed like
>seemed to go

Any evidence to back that up?

Why not

>we can't flee slavery we don't have the money to be smuggled off world
>there's nowhere to run because were surrounded by desert

>ITT: redditors not being able to grasp simple concepts of a children's movie

>tax disputes
>murder
>trade routes
>long talks about taxation in space senate

>kids movie

apparently in ep 3 its unheard of to wipe an astromech droid
but C3p0 is such a little bitch AND he was ignoant to the plan, so maybe they did check him?

Also, R2 had no bomb and put somewhere else, maybe they found the lightsaber in a scan and no one knew what it was

I dont mean that, I mean he was supposed to be the next chewbaca.

Because then the Qui Gon and Obi Wan can simply whisk him away, and why not take his mother, too, at that point? The entire hover-chariot race plotline was a way to separate Anakin from his mother.

I think Sheev knew Nude Gunrape well enough to be pretty confident that he'd never succeed at anything.

>wanted to kill Jabba
that is not the jedi way

>maybe they found the lightsaber in a scan and no one knew what it was
yet they let him keep an unknown add on?
>apparently in ep 3 its unheard of to wipe an astromech droid
says who? everything in star wars says the regular wipes are must. hell R2 not having been wiped for a long time is a noteworthy thing in new hope

It was a more civilized age.

100% I though Dooku just pretended to be Syfo-dias to get the clones made and not have the jedi just ask the still living Dooku what was going on

Like it was just identity theft to cover a few things

Obi-wan could just say it never happened and put doubt on the whole thing

In the Star Wars Bounty Hunter game where you play Jango Fett, It's Dooku who recruits you for the cloning process

is star wars kino

none of this is canon anymore

We literally have no idea what happens in the star wars universe between ep1 and 2

>Anakin has an apprentice
>It's never brought up during Episode 3 at all

Why?

They used his blood which had midichlorians, to help heal grievous.
it would be out of character for jin to order an army
Sifo did not see shit. read plagues
>I still don't fucking know what happened then
They killed him and kept his body on ice, in case they needed forensic evidence for something
>we're surprised about order 66.
they were? it was written into the official documents, 66 was not some hidden order

>hey Anakin remember that apprentice who fucked off after we wrongfully accused her of crimes she didn't commit? She was a good friend

too many bad memories, she wasn't a good friend

>Darth Tyranus for whatever reason
he was disillusioned with the system + his friends died in a needless fight.
>But then that gets rid of the "alway two there are, apprentice and master"
transitional period does not count. not even during the first transition with bane. maul was not even a lord during the movie.
>He'd still be like a 70 year old Jedi, what use is he becoming a Sith so late in life?
new skills and yes he converted late in life.
>Ki-Adi-Mundi says he's just a "political idealist"
"Blue wall of silence"
>I would assume they don't generally allow defection from the Jedi order, even if it's not to become a Sith, but whatever.
that has always been a question. They say dooku is one of the few,(there are like 11 or 13 others who left over the years) but its unlikely there would be so few.

Originally Sifo-Dyas was going to be an alias Sheev used, hence it sounding like Sideous. Then Geoge decided there should be a real Jedi, because he's a fucking idiot.

God that is so fucking stupid

YOUSA NO DINKING YOUSA BETTER DAN DE GUNGANS?

MEEEESA LIIIIKE DIIIIIS

They are getting deported

>But that would make him a king, would it not?

No. The wife of a king is a queen, but the husband of a queen regnant is a prince-consort (and God only knows how a same-sex consort would work, because it's never happened).

Elected monarchies are a thing, but elected monarchies with terms (and term limits!) is just silly. It's like Lucas was trying to marry his clear love of American democracy with an admiration for royal tradition and failing miserably.

Some comic shows their relationship. Obi -Wan stays close to the Lars farm for years watching Luke. He defends them from attacks by sand people and other nasty types, but Owen blames him for the problems. He tells Ben that he's already gotten enough Skywalkers killed and to stay the fuck away.

Are you guys just seriously fucking with me now? I can't even tell what's ironic shitposting and what's not anymore.

>God only knows how a same-sex consort would work

Well, since King is apparenly the highest rank there is (which can not be achieved through marrying a queen), then it should be clear that there can not be a second king.
Man-Man would, thus, have a "queen", but as this would not work and because the monarchy would probably look down on it in any case, the guy in question would be seen as a prince-consort in order to have any sort of meaning (neglecting it altogeher isn't an option nowadays).
Same would go for Woman-Woman, you can't have two queens as the math literally does not add up to it (queen only being achieved through a king). Seems easy enough as the current atmosphere would not allow any other degrades or so.

... is that the reason the UK will never have a king. I always wondered how this made sense.

>Anakin's was a virgin birth

>is that the reason the UK will never have a king.
there will be another one in less than 10 years.

Pic related, pls explain. It's some weird shit.

heres a few things

>from ATOC
the fucking kaminoan CLONERS dont bother checking obi wan for id, like at all. or even ask how he is

>from ROTS

noticed this from the order 66 scene

basically the jedi that are show getting BTFO match their respective planets (besides the jedi temple ones) and the ones that dont match survive. true pottery imotbh senpaitachi

ill go through them

>cone head jedi (the cerean, forgot his name)
>is on a planet where the buildings are shapped like cones
>gets btfo

>twi lek jedi with head tentacles (aayla secura)
>on weird jungle planet with tentacles and weird shaped plants shooting out all directions
>gets btfo (rip twi'lekfu)

>black big sloped forehead jedi on speeder
>on planet with big brown sloped boulders
>gets btfo

>pussy face jedi with weird metal things hanging on his face (plo koon)
>flying around city thats hanging on metal thing
>gets btfo

now here are the exceptions

>green little frog
>around big ass trees and bears instead of lily pads and little fishes
>surives

>obi wan kenobi
>on planet with holes that go down into planet when he has moles poking out of his face
>suvives

One of the two sons or wot?
Before that, there was another 100year old queen and she died and then another queen came along. Or somethin

>Why do they all speak english?
Because it's fantasy. You can compare it to something like Lord of the Rings or Dungeons & Dragons where most races tend to speak the "common" language, which conveniently sounds exactly like english.

Christ user, You're coming off extremely ignorant here. American education right?

That happens a lot with Zach Snyder too

Palpatine NEVER explains any of his post-republic political agenda. Viewer is to hate the Empire solely because it's lead by the Emperor who is Sith and therefore evil.

Seriously, this fact that we never see or hear about any imperial activity other than hunting rebels is infuriating.

P.S.
>Emperor's speech declaring the creation of the empire
>Nobody's like "wait a sec that guy isn't Palpatine".

They speak Galactic.
How it happened to sound similar as terran english, we'll never know.

They blew up a planet in the first movie

Germany.
Just never been interested in the UK monarchy

It was known that Palps was attacked and that he was disfigured.

>Half or even more of the Senate is Aliens
>Palpatine creates a mankind first Empire which oppresses any other aliens
>everybody is fine with that

But they could walk through the "ray shields" in Ep. 1

They had a death star to control everything and, thus, threaten people by force.
They used it to destroy an entire planet.

The viewer hates the empire because they're literal Nazis.

Sheev is the senate, it doesn't matter what they think

>>Nobody's like "wait a sec that guy isn't Palpatine".
because he is Palpatine. Do you mean like "this is not the politics palpatine would push"?

>what is hindsight

it was explored in the eu which is now legends.

Succession makes the next in line hold the highest rank in the realm. Since it's indeed King > Queen, being married to a King makes you Queen but being married to a Queen when you're not THE King would make you a royal consort of the realm (because you could be King of somewhere else and be called king by everyone on the face of the earth, but in the realm in questions case you're not it's King and don't have any power your Queen allows you).

So the sons become King and their wives Queen because Queen is below King. But if there's no son then the daughter becomes Queen and there's no King because she's the highest power in the realm so her husband has to be of a lower rank.

In same sex cases it would logically be King & Prince Consort / Queen & Princess Consort, since you indeed can't have two Kings or Queens at the same time

Princess Consort is a guess because it's never actually happened, but it's easy enough to assume because they'd at least be the royal consort.

So no, you don't need a King to have a Queen, it's just usual since Kings are the norm. Queens ruling pops up only when there wasn't a son born to be King.

Some interesting but flawed logic there.

And I'd really like to know why you thought the United Kingdom wouldn't have a king

most of them are on the take, also Mas Amedda keeps his job for years, everyone assumes that they can be a useful jew.

B-b-but the Empire....

T-t-t-the Brandenburg...

Germans had the exact same problem, only hugely exacerbated

>basically the jedi that are show getting BTFO
what is your question?

he was not
spiritual brotherhood that or secretly they are all transracial

Literally who was the Blue horned guy that was Sheev's right hand man and where'd he fuck off to in the last twenty years?

I can only assume Sheev stabbed him in the back after

I don't think the gungans used ray shields, It always looked like their own unique kooky technology to me

>TFW Starwars does primitive natives who aren't all that primitive, they're just following a different tech tree

>Why can't it be more like some other unoriginal tropey blockbuster?

Seriously? A literal Romeo and Juliet plot? fuck off you manchildren.

one of the disney canon books was just that

starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Mas_Amedda
he kept on rolling

That's true, but wasn't Alderaan allied to the rebels? Genuinely asking, can't remember and wiki is unclear.

>Mas Amedda
Actually he outlived the emperor and was the one who had to keep things together after the second death star blew up

Well they had to be advanced. They had submarines and their underwater cities look like they use the same shielding tech

Almost nowhere was actually allied to the rebels, they just had large resistance movements, did fuck all to stop the rebels or like Alderaan were just paying lip service to the Empire but were still officially a part of it

From the movie Alderaan was Leias Homeplanet and a pacifist one which probably means it was always opposed to the Empire in a pacifist way.

sounds crap, no single world could have disastrous effects on the jedi.
> stops hating Jedi because they save the day
if he switches that fast it means he had no solid base for his hate, which is simplistic and I always hate it in stories.
They don't, hell even uncollected kings often fell under control of nobles who had more knights than the king or had all the lands with grain.
its mostly ceremonial

Yeah that's what I mean, they were advanced in their own right rather than (like the ewoks for example) being truly primitive. None of their stuff is standardised, it's their own form of shielding

>Alderaan allied to the rebels?
not whole world but like Iraq it was a hotbed, as you know bail organa was making moves against the empire since day 1, he even trained his daughter to use her diplomatic immunity and humanitarian missions as cover for smuggling guns and equipment for the rebellion

>its mostly ceremonial
She still had final say, far from ceremonial enough. In fact as far as what's canon we have about one line of dialogue (the same line of dialogue that started this shitstorm of a topic) to infer that from

That's a pretty good analogy actually

>ITT weird shit from the prequels you don't ever see mentioned

doesnt necessarily imply that theres a question that needs to be answered

so? its the same with many other beings, like mandalorians.

>implying leia's word on alderaans status can be trusted

>She still had final say, far from ceremonial enough.
did she? only job I saw her do was as a representative to the galactic senate, which was a 3 men group made out of her,sheev and jar jar. it was a token signature, she gets the final say but the court pushes and she can't outright do whatever she likes, watch some Chinese/Korean historic drams

So I like it

What were you expecting?

Some non-film book can do it, sure. The films however shouldn't stray into such boring cliche crap.

in those days fiction often had Utopian worlds since people generally did not question how would such utopia mange to stay Utopian under the evil empire who has total control or what do they do to non pacifists born on Alderaan

I don't know, I saw this a bitching about primitives not being primitive and having different technology as if everyone in the galaxy uses the same empire or rebel tech

Me on the right

kek, topical
thecollegefix.com/post/29230/

this is the reality we live in

Well that's the complete opposite of what I posted

I'm glad Star Wars didn't do that nonsense

Would you stop lying about me and my friends then please Brianna?

I stand with pepe

>alright kids, here's some clones. Who ordered their creation, well, it's some guy you never see or will hear from again. But he's one of the engineers of this entire movie's plot, basically. Do you guys know what a political idealist is? Neither do we

But they dont know that Anakin slaughtered the Sand People.

>You can't give yourself titles by name changing
>But we'll shame anyone who says you can't be the made up gender that just happens to be identical to an already established thing...

Y'know you could get really really devious with this if you got enough morons to take your side

>nonymous 10/05/16(Wed)19:52:49 No.75012025â–¶
>
>Yoda picks up on it while meditating. it's in the movie. He even hears qui gon trying to intervene.

In ep3, the assassination attempt on her wasn't supposed to succeed. It did 2 things:
It installed paranoia into Anakin that he had to be around to save her
It lead Obi-Wan to finding the clone army so that it was less obviously Palpatine's plan

It was actually one of the smarter, more subtle sequences in the prequels

Nah im making loads of money of retards right now

I'm surprised no one is going after her for being so anti-French...

They kind of have enough legs on their plates with all the terrorism she voted for...

>75016990
>Yoda picks up on it while meditating. it's in the movie. He even hears qui gon trying to intervene.
As if anyone actually understood what was going on there beyond "disturbances"

Makes sense. All they teach you other there is how to fuck darkies and hate yourself.

Legit, is Brianna Wu a female?

*over

What does Germany need with how the old world works huh?

He hears a disturbance in a war torn galaxy. He does not know the specifics and they general ignore the darkness in him, in some books he just taps into the memory of killing the village and loops it in his mind to get a dark side boost. ahsoka picks up on it so it must not be that hard to notice, then again they are not with him in the field

Sadly I actually see this happening. Germany could very well become the new 'murrica

Are you gonna at least donate any of it to any charities? M-maybe...

this makes no sense i guess you could say im looking for answers in alderaan places

the jedi are not the police you retard
They are self contained religious order old bonds of friendship with the old government but no official jurisdiction over anything (until valorum asks) they are like the pope to the french king. you are basically asking why Buddhists don't storm qatar

so when someone suggests it as a new idea they had you can point to your knowledge

I think you need to study some basic ebonics

How does it not make sense? don't be lion to me

He was clearly just showing off. He wanted all his friends to see him murder everyone.

What about a senator involved with a sex scandal with some priest in training

Anakin has been fighting a war alongside every other jedi for the past 4 years. Yods cant differentiate between Tuskens and Sepratists. Even in the old eu books, no one ever knows besides Asharad Hett who promises to keep it a secret. In the new eu no one knows but Ashoka.

>Viewer is to hate the Empire solely because it's lead by the Emperor who is Sith and therefore evil.
what about the fact that he ordered for children and other innocent people to be slaughtered? also, even without that, the whole taking power by force and turning a government into a dictatorship is pretty yikes to most people, they don't really need to know his policies to make a decision too

its big galaxy, nothing those 2 did even gets into top 1000 of what others do daily. only way you could sell it as a scandal would be if there was a conflict of interest on anything (which there is not)

nope

>whole taking power by force
thunderous applause, faggot
>innocent people to be slaughtered
who?
>for children
you mean indoctrinated child soldiers with magic powers? one of whom managed to kill 6 troopers by himself despite only being on the entry level?
>dictatorship
muh dictatorship are always evil.I bet you also think empires are inherently evil

>Nude Gunrape

Like are we just saying that, or is she legit a dude originally and not just ugly stick beaten man faced?

legit male, you can see some tweets about ir

there was also a copypasta with people who knew him in college testifying he used to be a dude and was weird as fuck

And she's a worse Jew than Anita

I dunno how to feel about what that says

the utopia part. who said alderaan was a utopia

Mental disorder so he turned into a girl thing

a beautiful world with waterfalls,caves, pacifists, etcand basically anything you would imagine heaven being like? What else would you call it?
if he had really turned, he would not be doing this shit.

Maybe she was like a Japanese pop idol and she got voted in by gungan NEETs

The whole "I'm a senator" thing isn't so much about it being a scandal, but more that neither of them are in a position where they can enter a relationship.

Padme is pretty much busy 24/7 fighting for legislation when she isn't on the run for assassins. It's her personality: she's consumed by politics and has no room for a personal life. Simply put, she has no room for romance in her life.

Anakin is in an even worse position: he has devoted his entire life to the Jedi and has a strict code he has to live by, a code that is pretty clear about the "no romance" thing. He has no room in his life for romance, either.

That said, Padme getting into a relationship with a Jedi wouldn't look good on her if it got out. She could basically be painted as some temptress who corrupted a young up-and-coming Jedi into breaking his code. Politically, it would hurt her. And again, things are worse for Anakin: Kenobi straight up says he'll get expelled from the Jedi Order.

Why can you only train a Jedi when he is super young?
Is it because they can get brainwashed more easily?

>Also why was Palpatine allowing Nute Gunray or whoever it was to continue trying to have Padme assassinated if she was instrumental to Anakin's eventual downfall?

First assassination attempt got anakin and padme back together, as suggested by palpalpatine to padme and the jedi
Second attempt got obi wan to leave so they would be alone and fall in love

nah she got voted in by a populist push because she saved some other kids that crash landed and gave food to refugees/poor aliens

>The whole "I'm a senator" thing isn't so much about it being a scandal, but more that neither of them are in a position where they can enter a relationship.
this, she is say she has obligations that need all of her time.
>she's consumed by politics
is she an ideolog?
>Politically, it would hurt her.
+ she is pushing against war while being in bed with a war hero. one would have to ask if she is really pushing or just doing lip service

>clone army
>an army of clones can just be built
>powerful enough to take on and defeat the trade federation

wait hol up, why isn't everyone just pumping out clones in a massive war of attrition then? the republic is thousands of planets and one random world nobody knows about is making 80 % the soldiers?

clones cost money and federation put all its cash into droids thinking that them not needing sleep,etc would make a better investment

+originally droids were said to be for self protraction but there is no way they would get approve for slave soldiers, from the gov or from the people

its a question of scale though, there being a secret clone army (oh fug) that's significant enough to be the power-broker for the entire galaxy is like ISIS invading the entire western world and winning

Goddam my sides. Seeing this pop up out off all the autism.

It's literally a children's movie. Discussing it as if it's intelligent drama is asinine.
Luke's plan was put in the movie because it was a cool way to show off the ensemble cast, and remind the audience of the Jedi's powers early in the movie. It's not awful, when you look at the artform. It would be weak as part of a teleplay or theatre piece, or as part of a novel. As part of a children's action movie, it works.
Yes, the plan was retarded and doesn't really make sense, but it raised the stakes quickly and culminated in a pretty well shot and very well choreographed action scene.

They did not have the whole army. They just had few battalions (a planets worth) to start the war. obviously sheev did not cover the cost of the whole galactic army, that is why they kept having talks about deregulating banks and basically using the cost of the army as a gateway to getting more control in gov hands. you seem to think trade federation had a big enough army to take over the entire galaxy yet you don't use the same logic with them

I've been on Cred Forums for 12 years and as a veteran... I can safely say that he has been on Cred Forums for 10 years... at least.

There's only a handful of millions of clones user.
Meanwhile Coruscant has about a trillion inhabitants.
George Lucas is retarded.

Why did the Rebellion even trust Lando after he sold out Leia?

It seems like in your rush to defend this bullshit you made it seem a lot worse than it was

Truth is you're completely retarded

>Send a rich...
Empire ended with the Empire taking control of could city, Lando was already in the criminal circuit with the Hutts, that's how he fucking knew Han Solo

>Send in your ...
It's how Leia, wanted to get in and sneak everyone out.

>Send in your...
Pretending anyone predictied R2D2 to have Luke's lightsaber, this is some hindsight retard logic you're spewing, also a droid is worth something a frozen man on your wall is enerdy wasting away, but you're just to dumb to realise what actually does and doesn't have value

>droids could have ...
Jabba could've had a heart attack that day, see how dumb your if this if that arguments are

>Jabba might accept..
This is a problem how? It's his second lightsaber anyway, that he's never used before.

>Send in your sister as a disguised bounty hunter even though she might be detected and killed instantly
You have to actually do something and take chances faggot, it's how people in the real world get stuff done.
You can also not go outside of your house for the rest of your life or never cross a street, what if you get hit?!
Also Leia fucking loved Han moron, so she went in by her own desire

>finally go in yourself, unarmed and attempt a cheap trick to cheat the mob-boss
Luke is Cocky and unaware that jedi mind tricks don't work on hutts
>nearly get killed by the Rancor
You might die when you''re alive, unexpectet things happen in life/movies, this is what gives them value
>finally make it to the desert where everyone happens to be perfectly in place to assist you
Everybody chances possitions actively to achieve their goal, no one was placed there by luck.

End all conclusion, they love Han and want to save him. You're a fucking retard.
Bringing in more and more people stacks the fight in their advantage, they have more able bodies to fight when shit goes down.

Royalty don't necessarily have to participate in bureaucracy or administration.

They can just remain a figurehead with powers supported by their people.

That's real cute weaboo but we're talking about Star Wars not stupid faggot konichiwa rice cartoons

>Jabba could've had a heart attack that day, see how dumb your if this if that arguments are
lad, the plan was dumb, just like you're reply