What the fuck was his problem? Did he really think he can rule with Sauron?

What the fuck was his problem? Did he really think he can rule with Sauron?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8Tgi-j56ueU
youtube.com/watch?v=ApUu1DA5HCs
lotr.wikia.com/wiki/Maiar
youtube.com/watch?v=cvKRbi2ovDY
youtube.com/watch?v=kl5tG3fRZhk
twitter.com/AnonBabble

He had Patty Hurst Syndrome

he was actually dead this whole time

>Saruman the "white" changes to Saruman of many colors (racemixing multiculturalism) and betrays the west

Really makes you think

go back to trying to rig polls

No, it doesn't. Its a retarded name for a villain. Many colors. Also, read the books.

You mispelled Cred Forumss

That literally makes no sense

book explained the seer stone or whatever was giving saruman a full and unfiltered line directly into sauron's mind, meaning effectively saruman's original mind was completely gone.

Cry some more bitch and watch the films

>If I shitpost this in every single thread marginally related to lotr, eventually it'll catch on

Go to bed

>complain like a little bitch and make no point
Go to bed

>Complain like a little bitch because people don't like your meme image

Sorry i didn't give you reddit gold or whatever you're accustomed to. Maybe /r/Cred Forums would be more your speed

>its a marcus episode

I'll be damned, you topped me
Well played

>it's a "Cred Forums tries and fails to assault the sacred realm of autistic LOTR discussion" thread

How am I crying, faggot? You are the one thinking Lord of the Rings is about some political race baiting pol shit

Cred Forums lurks in LOTR threads on Cred Forums like they do in 4k strategy threads on Cred Forums, just a natural fit

>Complains about an offensive post
>says go back to reddshit
No you faggot

But the books never really explain his motivation at all really, not in much depth. You just assume his mind was corrupted, bit Saruman seems still free minded up until his defeat and death.

Not all of Cred Forums is tier 3 garbage

>meaning effectively saruman's original mind was completely gone.
How why how? You pretty much said "it is because it is"

LOTR is immune to Cred Forums shitposting
>All white cast
>Eurocentric values
>Evil defeated
>Women are minimal
Literally nothing for them to get hold of except for grasping at straws like this shit

Oh you want me to keep going then?
youtube.com/watch?v=8Tgi-j56ueU

He told his Uruk-hai to bring back the halflings that had the ring. Presumably once he had that he could fuck Suaron's shit and rule all by himself.

>literally only the first and last one are true
>there are no seriously intelligent people who truly believe in all pol autism.

Why are you trying so hard to ignore the connections?

How many black elves are there? Muslim gondorians? Shitskin rohirrim? Jewish gandalfs?

They all line up in the eastern evils

Oh fuck man, just go back to your containment. Nobody cares about your Trump self insert fanfiction or crossovers

You should really read what Tolkien said about these exact criticisms, that he address ed half a fucking century ago

>being this delusional
The majority are tier 2/4 followed by 3, and 1/5 are by far the rarest

Keep shitting on freespeech though you (((pussy)))

Thanks for asking for more:

youtube.com/watch?v=ApUu1DA5HCs

>Sons of America! Of Europe! My Brothers. I see in your eyes the same fear that would take the heart of me. A day may come when the courage of White Men fails. When we foresake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day! An hour of woes and shattered shields when the age of White Men comes crashing down! But it is not this day! This day we fight! By all that you hold dear on this good earth, I bid you STAND! MEN OF THE WEST!

>pol is about "free speech"
>pol is literally a safe space for neoconservatives and angry teenagers

But I'm the delusional one...sure.

The world is gonna take you seriously any day now. I can feel it

Why? I hate reading artists pussyfooting and cucking themselves years after the fact. It's more gross than when they shill for shitty adaptations.

>Nonononono its all just fantasy guys, you (((hollywood))) elite should totally allow the best trilogy of all time to be this

>trust me, there is no allegory ;^)

its magic nigga, besides the way teh book puts its, the seer stone (?) is functioning as if saruman was wearing the one ring. Hes basically just a puppet.

>Tolkien
>a cuck
>not bothering to research the writer's own words on the context of race in his books

You should have been aborted

Why didn't hackson show Aragorn cucking Sauron out of the palantir in the theatrical version?

Caught this one from zuckerbook

Idk some people are taking ideas and running with them

Keep straying off topic though fag. Your post has nothing to do with LOTR

Wut? You are seriously fucking retarded

its a >img_ neet spammer

>pol derails this thread
>"wtf man dont derail this thread"
>continues to shitpost pol bait

Goddamnit kiddo

That would actually be you for not seeing the connections between LOTR and the real world. There's literally even half bred shitskins killing white westerners as they immigrate into their lands

From the start Saruman was trying to find the ring for himself, Thinking he could resist Sauron.

Stay on the LOTR topic then kike

LOTR is the greatest fantasy metaphor for our modern day there is

Make an actual argument instead of empty ad hominem attacking like a jew

Yes, this is all well and good...the problem is mistaking every thought as something intellectually sound or valid to give thought or energy to.

Hence why you have actual conversations with autists about the world being flat and the holocaust being faked

Access to all information does not determine the quality of that information. And there are retardos out there that will believe in literally everything.

Pol does not foster or care about actual free speech where it matters.

>le jew meme
Like I said, you have a containment board if you are lost

Explain how pic related fits into your allegory, Cred Forums cucks. Checkmate

You arent gonna stop are ya? Do you know what board this is?

This is undeniable.

Palantír is the word you are looking for.
He only has power in his forest. He's likely some minor maia, weaker than Sauron.
He wanted to take the ring for himself and usurp Sauron. When he asks Gandalf to join him, Gandalf tells him the ring cannot be shared, and Saruman says he knows this.

He was literally the Mike Pence to Sauron's Donald Trump

>main villain is Sauron
>top henchman is Sauron-man
wtf was Jackson thinking?

Yeah, it seems quite clear that Saramun is never mentally taken over by Saruon. It may even be that Saruon actually falsely even believes he has control over him

*Sauron, sorry

the fuck is this crazy shit? did i really miss out on this badassery with the third hobbit?

>caring about the most generic possible fantasy anything ever
>because it was first its good

Why can't LOTRfags just admit that their series is shit?

>the absolute standard of quality fantasy film
>help set the bar for future fantasy film and media
>more than a dozen Oscar awards
>Numerous top ten to 100 lists
>regarded as one of the most significant films in American cinema
>helped legitimized the genre
>"generic"
>a "shit series"

I want to punch you in your autistic throat

Why is your life so empty you must shitpost on Cred Forums?

Oh look at me, the naive good guy, again hoping that a person is a shitposter and not a serious retard, I just never learn.

>It won a lot of awards so it must be good!!

No. It is generic. Generic ass "good guys vs. bad guys" storyline. Every orc is evil. An entire army of pure evil. Fighting so their master can take over the world.

Fighting over a ring that is SO SO SO powerful, with the only tangible effect being it makes you invisible and crazy.

Plot holes. Characters returning from the dead. Ridiculously long movies with tons of unnecessary scenes.

You think LOTR is a good series because people tell you it's good

christ so many (you)s attacking this post not because it's wrong but because Cred Forums triggers them

really makes me think

I don't like LOTR so I'm a shitposter?

I don't understand why you like it. If you have experienced any fantasy fiction in the past 20 years you'll see that LOTR is full of generic tropes and cliches. Yes, it did probably invent those tropes and cliches, but that retroactively makes it not very interesting to experience the series.

Its been a while, but i recall something about sarumon always being good until he started looking into the orb. On the other end, Sauron kept showing images and glimpses of the world once he returned to power and his current forces, leading Saruman to believe that it was too late to stop him.

Way to pick one of the points of many and latch onto it. Yes, be a fucking contrarian all you want, the Oscars mean something at the very least.

You also know knowing about the books or the films you are criticizing....so you have to go back

If I go to a gay bar, should I be mad and complain to the management that yhere aren't any straight women there? Would I complain if some gays told me "mate, this may not be the bar you want"? Or would I look like a dumb autist in the wrong place?

well yeah but he was the bad guy so it's not a problem really

Only character that comes back from the dead is Gandalf....because he is literally an immortal....

Wrong. I'm the 4th tier.

One of the points out of many? The fuck are you on? This is literally your post:

>the absolute standard of quality fantasy film

What does this even mean? Yeah, it's a well made film. That doesn't make it interesting or good

>help set the bar for future fantasy film and media

Basically the same as what you said in the last one. Well made =/= good movie

>more than a dozen Oscar awards

It won a lot of awards so it must be good!

>regarded as one of the most significant films in American cinema

Critics like it so it must be good!

>Numerous top ten to 100 lists

Its on a lot of lists so it must be good!

>helped legitimized the genre

I guess so? I mean do you think fantasy movies werent a thing before LOTR?

>"generic"
>a "shit series"

Literally nothing

Sure you are

Mate, it's not that critics like it, it's that it has a place in film restoration and preservstionist museums for the cultural impact it has. You can not like a fulm, sure. But there is no objectivity about the film's internal quality...that is subjective. It objectively holds a place in American film history though. That isnt disputed.

Hahaha, how immediately you changed your tone.

You didn't state your dislike in the way you stated it in this response, in a neutral way which could lead to discussion, you immediately started with shitting on it and the people that like, which objectively means you are either a shitposter or you seriously believe LOTR is generic when in truth there have maybe been just a few fantasy stories after it that are on about the same level.

You are a shitposter because the first thing you did was shit on LOTR and its fans. Now, it could be that you truly don't realise you were shitposting, which would mean that your perception is not on the same road as reality, which makes you a retard, your choice.

I'm not saying it isn't considered an important film. I'm saying that I consider it a bad film and totally unremarkable

LOTR is extremely generic. Generic elves, generic wizards, generic orc enemies. What do I have to do, post IN MY OPINION after every post just so that you know that actually, I'm not saying that objectively something is bad, but just that I personally find it generic as fuck and I think the only reason people like it is because they saw it when they were kids or read it as kids and it was their first experience with fantasy

LOTR is the reason all of those things became "generic"

You have given no constructive reasons to explain why it is actually generic or unremarkable...you just say it is.

No, he would have died permanently has Iluvatar himself not sent him back.

Yeah I already discussed that. Just because it invented tropes and cliches doesn't make it any more interesting to have to read or watch those tropes and cliches play out. Maybe if that was the first fantasy thing I've ever experienced, it would be enough. But I've seen subversions, twists, deconstructions, meta narrative, etc. on fantasy elements that are a hundred times more interesting than what LOTR has to offer

It's like playing a DND campaign where you literally just fight the evil goblins and orcs with your good guy team.

No....just...no. Only his physical body was dead. They have been and can be reincarnated when their physical forms are destroyed. Gandalf was different only in his buffs, he was sent back to Middle Earth with thr same power levels as Saruman.

Tolkien died in 1973.

Well, if you actually read what I wrote you could see that I didn't address you not liking LOTR as a problem, I addresed you immediately calling it shit.

Now if you actually talked to people you would know that there is a difference between a fight and a discussion and that they both start differently.
Calling something shit actually doesn't say anything, you didn't address any point of LOTR with it, also the problem is that there exists nothing which is completely shit and nothing which is completely great so when stating an opinion it's generally good to state what you like and dislike about it so as to ease in a discussion, calling something just shit from the beginning just looks like you want a fight and not a discussion, which everyone who talks to people outside the internet knows.

Please tell me how the elves, wizards and orcs are generic and tell me where you can find, fundamentally the same elves, wizards and orcs, because this statement alone makes you sound like you never read LOTR and are just trying to rile people up.

I felt like that until I read the books. All the books, not just LotR.

That user doesnt have an actual constructive argument to offer, he's just trying to rile ppl up

He would've been allowed to rule part of middle earth, but his plan to use the ring wouldn't have worked out.
Anyone less powerful than Sauron would be manipulated by his will, and anyone less powerful than Sauron had no need for the ring.

christofer lee is dead so i dont even know how he can be in this movie

Uh...

Saruman isnt really that less powerful though, he is technically the same species as Saruman

Films this good shouldn't even be possible. How did they pull it off?

Meant to write "Sauron is the same species as Saruman"

Which is true

They cared about what they were making

I know, I'm just so fucking tired of them, I don't respond to them 99% of the time but sometimes I'm even more tired that all other people just leave them be and not call them out on their shit. Cause that's why there's so many of them, not just here but in general, people either started to fight with them, which is what they want or just said "ah let the retard yell" which made them think they were saying something which actually matters:
Everyone just need to directly tell them they are retards and that they should leave.

The only beings who have such a need for attention are kids, women, cats and sociopaths.

Bombadil is the God of Time, it is explained by Tolkien to be an insertion of himself. He does not interferre since his view upon the whole shit is the same as our view on the quarrels of bacteria in our belly buttons.

Why not? They're both demi-gods.

Rohan aren't germanic, they're Saxons who kept their horses

>he is technically the same species as Saruman
Is he? I thought all the wizards were personal creations of different gods, so they had different traits

... mmm no. Sauron is/was a valar and sauruman, gandalf, radagast, etc, are maia.

The movies really aren't that good.

Thank you for your input

>he is technically the same species as Saruman

Not all Maiar are of the same power or skill or knowledge.

Sauron was very capable.

>being this objectively wrong

>movie quality
>objective

>being this autistic

>Cred Forums is so cringe

Mmmm no faggot.

lotr.wikia.com/wiki/Maiar

Gandalf, Sauron, Radagast, Saruman are all Maia(s)

Thanks for playing though. You really wanted to be right

Point is that Saruman, being a Maia, isnt that far down from being as capable as another Maia

Yikes

Was he controled by Sauron even when he was enslaving Hobbits?

Fuck off neckbeards

No

Sauron is the greatest mind controller in the universe.

It's true, just take a look at 8gag's Cred Forums or stormfront, anyone who disagrees is instantly banned.

Lol no he's not. Melkor is, since he made him his bitch

No, he thought he could take the ring and rule himself. Also he was butthurt towards Gandalf for three reasons:

Gandalf recieved his appointment as an Istari from the chief of the gods and Saruman didn't.

Cirdain the Shipwright gave his ring of power to Gandalf and not to Saruman.

Galadriel absolutely insisted that Gandalf and not Sauman lead the White Council. Ultimately Gandalf didn't get the job only because he didn't want it.

Saruman was stronger than Gandalf and felt that he was entitled to all the nice things Gandalf had. The jealousy ate at him. Also he studied dark magic to better understand what Sauron was up to but in doing so realized how cool dark magic was.

>african child fights honorably, giving nerdboi a tragically needed reality check
>babooness runs in bearing her teeth, flashing her talki-snappy-facebook-checker to share spoils with the harem

you can clearly see who's parents actually spanked them and who's were too busy twerking all the time to notice

Yeah there's an over the top battle with all the ringwraith spirits.

It's got a much better representation of Sauron than the original trilogy, as a formless sprit of darkness and then this.

>tfw 9gag is better than any of these shitholes

fuck fambams i want to go back

In the conference even Gandalf said that Tom could not stand against Sauron.

>realized how cool dark magic was
man, dark magic is really cool
how can good magic even compare?

>oh im going to heal you, lol
>BORING

>oh im going to kill everyone in a mile radius and raise them as undead, or suck out their natural moisture and leave husks, even the plants die, or kill a god and take his power, or live forever, or summon oh i dunno something cool like a giant shadow to harass people

>Cred Forums does not care about actual free speech
>ACTUAL free speech
>Cred Forums is one person
You are a complete retard

Obvioisly we are talking about Cred Forums Cred Forums where you can pretty much hold any legal opinion

(((Sauron))) the greedy manipulator with 9 politicians (who sold out their people) that replace themselves whenever they die

>mfw it all makes sense now

I thought it was pretty dull and cliche and that the DBZ level magic fights were dumb and over the top.

The books had it right by never showing Dayton at all, but I guess that's too full for cinema so they made him a giant flaming eyeball and then a generic dark spirit

How can something be generic if it essentially invented the genre?

>Dayton

>American cinema

Fucking autocorrect

>not knowing Dayton was Saurons real name

Read a book pleb

No. Saruman was corrupted and that was in part due the indirect influence of Sauron, but he wasn't being mind controlled or anything like the that. His ultimate intention was getting the One, mastering it, and usurp Sauron's position, or at least that's how it is in the books.

Saruman's gave in to his lust for power and aimed to use the ring as a means of taking Sauron's place as dark lord.

Sauron, Saruman, Gandalf, they are all the same type of celestial beings, I doubt they can control the minds of their kin. Tempt, bullshit, corrupt... sure, but they cannot mind control. IIRC, the Tolkien man said that if Gandalf decided to use the ring, eventually he'd go evil, but it wouldn't make him go and join Sauron.

Saruman*

also this

>Everybody being baited by buzzwords like 'generic'
>Nobody has read the books
>Power level shit

Everybody get the fuck /out/, this is my thread now

No he planned on betraying sauron. He thought he could be the big bad.

>this was the last piece of film that christopher participated in

how sad

Better than his last film being Star Wars or that shitty Wonka remake.

Was Tom Bombadil in any other stories? I feel like I somehow knew his name before ever reading the books or seeing the films.

The ring only does that for mortals. When Sauron has control, it gives him real power.

He became corrupted by lust for power. At one point in the books some characters mention that Saruman is probably plotting against Sauron, but is being subservient until he can get the ring for himself. It also tied into Tolkien's theme of evil harming its own ends.

Tom appeared first in one of Tolkien's poems, way before LotR was published.

>Did he really think he can rule with Sauron?

Yes, but he was mistaken. Sauron is the Demon of Power, his nature is to rule and to dominate. Saruman, a Demon of Knowledge, let his hubris blind him to Sauron's lies and to cling to the fantasy that he could control the One RIng himself.

>His ultimate intention was getting the One, mastering it, and usurp Sauron's position, or at least that's how it is in the books.

This, but Gandalf makes it clear he was mistaken in this, Sauron was always in the driving seat and had Saruman gotten the Ring, it would have betrayed him to Sauron.

Not "some characters", Saruman outright says that to Gandalf, first he proposes joining Sauron but then goes on about how the real plan would be to obtain the One ring and learn to take its power for themselves.

Not necessarily, Tolkien said that if Gandalf had taken the One for himself, he'd have a chance at beating Sauron. Of course after doing so the Ring would slowly corrupt him with delusions of power and benevolent rule, and in the end he'd end up be as bad as Sauron himself, or even worse. If Gandalf could pull it off, then Saruman most likely could (but obviously would become a new Dark Lord much quicker).

I don't think I read that one. I've only read The Hobbit when I was 7-8, LotR when I was 14-15 (when the movies came out), and only recently started the Silmarillion. Still, that name is ingrained in my memory. I wonder if any other authors used him?

According to TEAM JACKSON, who were and are fucking idiots.

in fact there's nothing generic about tolkien elves. imagine the languages tolkien used to construct his languages - finnish and celtic, hence the elves imo are some weird mix of forest folk, radiating ancient pagan knowledge of the land, with bizarre looks and bizarre talks. i think they are much more like navi and ashlanders from vvardenfell then some kind of butterfly shitting fairys

>Tolkien said that if Gandalf had taken the One for himself, he'd have a chance at beating Sauron.

Because Gandalf is the most pure of the Wizards. Saruman's ambition and hubris play right into Sauron's hands, he would have raised a great army, attacked Sauron, then the ring would fall from his finger and Sauron would stoop, pick it up, and laugh as Saruman's army changed sides.

>there are no seriously intelligent people who truly believe in all pol autism
Is this what underage leftists really believe? That no one who is more or less racist could possibly be intelligent? Quite hilarious considering the fact that most of you lefties live in some parallel universe with honey rivers and cotton candy clouds.

Not that faggot but there are literally two choices when it comes to explaining why people you disagree with believe the things they do: Firstly, that they must be stupid or not in possession of all the facts, and second that they must be evil or the 'useful idiots' of an evil conspiracy of some kind. This kind of absolute thinking is not unique to lefturds, conservashits are quite capable of it too.

>Your shit post got deleted anyway

hahahah faggot

Yes, yes, I concur with both your points about lord of the rings.

Wait a fucking second neither of you were talking about it.

Curious.

>galadriel isn't my wife

What the fuck was her problem?

I used the guide, and it worked out great.

You're a faggot on Cred Forums.

She's a 40,000 year old edgy rebel who has literally seen everything she loved and fought for dwindle away to nothing?

She was Tolkien's waifu

She likes short, stocky, hairy dudes.

So, you would have a chance.

Nope, that was Luthien.

>that part in the book where Gimli and Eomer argue wether Arwen or Galadriel was the hottest elf wench

Why wasn't that in the movie?

No, you don't understand. Luthien was Tolkien's wife, but Galadriel was his *waifu*.

Tolkien was that rarest and happiest of nerds, he married his own waifu. Their romance was by all accounts deep and passionate.

What the fuck was his problem? Did he really think he can rule with Melkor?

Yo, you guys want to visit Helms Deep with me?

>But the books never really explain his motivation at all really, not in much depth
It does in Unfinished Tales. Saruman simply grew to covet the power of the rings, and got butthurt about Gandalf being given Narya. So he searched for the One, and sided with Sauron fully intending to betray him. He was never controlled by Sauron in 'mind control' terms, though Sauron was influencing him through the Palantir

>Saruman isnt really that less powerful though
He is. While the Istari were Maiar, they were severely nerfed by God when they were sent to Middle Earth.
none of them could have stood toe-to-toe with Sauron. Gandalf talks about this when he returs, he says that he's basically the second most powerful being on earth, but still a way off matching Sauron

>tfw your sword begins to glow while you're on the toliet

He could and did. Melkor's nature was destruction, he needed an organisational thinker like Sauron to handle the paperwork.

Sauron was a master of deceiving and manipulating. He managed to ruin Numenor by using his charm. He convinced Saruman through the palantir, which Gandalf explicitly said was a dangerous tool.

It's worth pointing out that Saruman and Sauron were actually old friends. They were both Maiar of Alue, the craft god, before Sauron was seduced by the dark si- er, Morgoth. No doubt Saruman still considered himself Sauron's peer, as his own attempt at ringmaking in LotR suggests.

So what was Celebrimbor's deal?

No, he thought he could ally with Sauron but then take the ring for himself and rule all. It's why he sent the Uruk-Hai to capture the hobbits and then bring them back to Isengard instead of taking them to Sauron.

A stupid idea, but that's the one ring for you.

Is Cate Blanchett a good actress or is she just tall?

basically, yep. To me, the theme of LotR is that the road to hell is paved with good intentions. Saruman, Boromir and Denethor all initially had very good intentions, but eventually they either despaired of their task or went totally off the rails.

He was tricked. He made up for his mistakes by ding in the ensuing war of the elves against Sauron.

#NotAllHollins #CelebrimbroDidNothingWrong

>invented tropes and cliches
That's like saying Shakespeare is bad because he invented what is now cliché.

She's an actual elf who doesn't age

don't tell

>pic taken 2 days ago
>we're supposed to believe sh's 47

Yeah, what he said.

>pretending to like Shakespear

I want plebbit to leave

she's maried to an elf and has no interest in dwarves or hobbits if i remember correctly

that's cringey lol
did jrr request that

>Angoleth of Barazôn will never break your boihole

She died first so presumably yes.

>that's cringey lol

You are the Orcs.

Look at it from his perspective, though.

>main villain is named Sauron
>secondary villain is named Saronman

Uh yeah, duh. He probably thought if he had the ring he could do whatever the fuck he wanted.

Makes it even spookier, Gandalf was speaking to Sauron himself.

>changing my argument
Whether I like it or not is irrelevant. My point is that your argument about clichés is bad.

>Tolkien invented a world that is now copied by almost every fantasy author thus making his ideas after other authors overused them
>disclaiming Tolkien and his works for this reason

Even so, it's obvious that you have not read the Silmarillion, which does not consist of clichés.

This always bothered me. Tolkein is a linguist, he couldn't come up with something better than that?

Rule 2.

Divine intervention always messing up the plans of the "bad" guys, how convenient.

Tolkien was Catholic and believed that god loves us, so obviously his god is rooting for the good guys.

That's what he said. He would have been permanently dead, but he was sent back.

Why were the goblins such cunts?

Actually, that's probably why the names are confusing. He wasn't going to let narrative clarity get in the way of his conlang autism.

"Permanently dead" for an angel isn't really death, he would just have been unable to return to middle earth without God's permission.

youtube.com/watch?v=cvKRbi2ovDY
Fuck yeah

Why isn't Saruman as God-fearing as Gandalf? Did he think the Valar would just let him back into """Heaven""" after directly disobeying their orders and going Colonel Kurtz on the Free Peoples?

Bred that way. Tolkien did actually consider putting an orc who renounced his evil ways into LotR but decided not to because it would just muddle the mythopoeic metanarrative.

Yeah, that's what he said. He didn't come back from the dead "because he is literally an immortal" He came back from the dead because he was sent back

The Valar have vowed never to intervene again, and being gods they're bound by their vows. He knew he could never go back home, but he considered "ruling in Hell" better than serving in heaven.

Also he's not the only person in middle earth granted this great honor. The Elf Glorfindel is a reincarnation of himself, elves are sometimes reincarnated but he's the only one who did so as himself, and like Gandalf he came (back) to middle Earth as an emissary of the Valar.

If you was to split the Silmarillion into three films how would you do it? Or do you think that a tv series would be better

[Spoiler]I think the later would be amazing if done right

>Why isn't Saruman as God-fearing as Gandalf
Because he was arrogant, basically. He thought he could beat Sauron by matching him in terms of pure power

Wtf?

In the books IIRC his end goal is to take sauron's place as the world leader, not becoming his puppet.

First film would be the creation and marring of Arda and the war of Melkor and the Valar. Second film would be the age of the Elves, and the war fo the Noldor and Melkor. Third film would be set after the destruction of Beleriand and would span the period of the rise of Numenor to the last alliance of elves and men.

>He knew he could never go back home

If random Elves can go to the Undying Lands, surely loyal Wizards could?

Loyal ones yes, but it's likely Saruman always intended to stay in middle earth, this could explain why he had to pull so many strings to be allowed to go.

For instance Radagast go to go home, as presumably did the Blue wizards assuming they didn't fall to evil.

Unlike Gandalf, who begged to remain. Thanks for clearing that up.

The style of the Silmarillion is not really "adaptable", it would look more like a ducmentary than anything, or you would have to create a lot around the characters, and that would be shitty.
As much as I want to see more live action Middle Earth, Silmarillion is not the way to go. Or that would be a fucking long ass tv show, because a chapter could be an entire season.

>Ai! Ai! A Derek is come!

Did the ring affect others as badly as Smeagol?
It seems like he was fucked up faster than anyone else that came in contact with it. Maybe it's just because he had it for ages and I'm just asking retarded questions.

>Also he's not the only person in middle earth granted this great honor.

Yeah, we know. Nobody said he was. We're all aware of Tolkein lore, bud.

>those little wrinkles around her eyes and mouth
>her hands

Time forgives no one.

>Sauron is middle-management

Now it makes sense /Dilbërt

>Maybe it's just because he had it for ages and I'm just asking retarded questions.

Bingo

The first 30 or so minutes of the third Hobbit are great; Dol Goldur battle and Smaug hamming it up.

And then there's bullshit with Bard's son becoming a human bow and the movie kinda slides from there into this 3 hour long mind-numbing battle scene whose only redeeming feature is Billy Connolly being crazy.

>Billy Connolly

Say what you want about Hackson being a fat useless dildo, a faggot, a sellout, a good goy, and an all round huge sack of fat and fail, but he sure knows how to cast a movie.

I watched the extended cut of RotK a few nights ago and the way Saruman dies at the beginning is fucking comical. Literally falls and impales himself on a watermill and then it slowly rotates around dunking him in the drink.

>For instance Radagast go to go home

I thought he stayed. I mean it made sense for Gandalf to go back since he was a ring bearer, so he didn't have a choice in the matter.

He stayed for a time but eventually went back, same as Galadriel.

>thinking Shakespeare isn't worth liking

Kek, okay mate. If you can't appreciate one of the most influential classic writers, then you don't know much about English or why he's important to art

still waiting for the 5th

>y-you just an underage libruh
If you are actually a racist or hold irrational ideas, you by default lose the ability to call yourself intelligent...as it is not an intelligent set of beliefs

>stormfag shit

tryhard Cred Forums newfag detected

WICHTITA

>but there are literally two choices when it comes to explaining why people you disagree with believe the things they do
Or, thirdly, they don't believe what you do because it is irrational or factually incorrrect.

Are you seriously autistic enough and on a high horse enough to think that people who disagree with you are automatically stupid?

>pol is a literal hugbox
>bans and reports shit they disagree with
>discussions often never rooted in actual objective facts, just half truths and autistic feels
>believing this is a bastion of "free speech"
You are a delusional faggot, mate

Have you tried talking on there?

>"durr shut the fuck up, pol loves free speech"
>polcuck user literally had my comment reported and banned.
This fucking level of autism is painful

youtube.com/watch?v=kl5tG3fRZhk

rip elf friends