Orson Welles was 24 years old when he produced, co-wrote, directed, and stared in Citizen Kane

>Orson Welles was 24 years old when he produced, co-wrote, directed, and stared in Citizen Kane
>And if that weren't enough he was banging Billie Holiday at the time too

How is this even possible?

Average life expectancy back then was like 60, so they had to squeeze in a lot more shit back then.

This, my grandparents got married and got a house when they were like 15-16

nice excuse cuck

nothing else to do. the first playstation wasn't even out.

citizen kane didn't even win any MTV movie awards like the MCU does

You're a retarded faggot.

Make me.

No entertainment distractions, education took much less time from the kids' day and they were expected to work in their spare time (especially during the summer), and also work itself was emphasised as the highest virtue other than religion. By the time you were 13 you were expected to act like a man. By the time you were 18 you expected to already be good at something that will define you for the rest of your life

>tfw i just realize that james hetfield was 21 when ride the lightning released

Back then people didn't need 30 years of education believe it or not.

mozart died when he was 35. how many fucking operas have you plebs written?

Regression of white anglo nations by mixing with shitskin both genetically and culturally.

he was living in a time where simply graduating college guaranteed you a job, there weren't nearly as many people, there was barely any shit to do, and people died way younger

It's only because citizen Kane hadn't been made back then, that's why I don't have the opportunity to now make a citizen Kane because it's already been done

Kek, why did I laugh at this comment?

are you implying citizen kane is good?

Orson Wells is the Black Dalia.

right we all have to really space out our staggering achievements these days.

I'm more of a Salieri myself.

You sound really bitter, hopefully you'll find your way though. I'll pray for you, user.

Morgan Freeman got his breakthrough in acting when he was 50.

i'm 24 now but because of my life expectancy I'm probably still 3-4 years away from making a ground breaking work of art that forever changes the medium

:^)

the pope became the pope at 76
#nevertoolate

Oscar Welles was an outlier. He was definitely gifted and very talented. There are still people like him today. None of us count among them.

That's it, I'm going to pope college.

>orsen welles at 24
>theater and radio legend
>directs cinematic masterpiece
>rimmed out daily by Billie Holiday

>me at 24
>high school dropout
>unemployed
>virgin

Well, time to settle onto this rut.

He doesn't do anything?

Take up alcoholism, user. It's the Cred Forums way.

>I didn't go to pope school, I went to Poland.

Yeah, start drinking daily and heavily you'll be dead before you reach 30

Impressive but peaking at 21 doesn't sound all that great, though

>orson welles
>had approximately 30 worthwhile films to study

>current year person
>has approximately 3000 worthwhile films to study

At least I got trips

>Mozart died
>He doesn't know

never peaking is worse

That should make it easy with so much collective knowledge to draw apon.

Higher or lower, you always peak.
For me it was around when I was 13-14.
I did NOT make the most of it

if it only was that easy

Yeah I bet you could have swept that Yu-Gi-Oh tournament if you had gone, bro

iktfb

How old are you?

a) People got careers earlier back then
b) Orson Welles was a genius

>it's an user's mid-20s are rapidly approaching and he's accomplished nothing because he thought there was plenty of time episode

I was actually sociable, somewhat popular and was decent at sports.
Should have continued on that path instead of becoming a semi functional socially stunted shut in

i'm 52. sometimes life doesn't get better

Unless you got solutions then no one gives a shit, go walk in front of a bus old man.

heh heh heh. wait til you hit mid twenties. actually no wait, let me tell you:

it just gets worse

>Regression and is the reason why people cant do this today
cracka do you know who Billie Holiday is?

he didn't graduate college
in fact he didn't even finish high school
he took time off at 16-17 to go painting around Ireland, applied for a role in the Dublin Gate Theatre, and began acting

And he didn't even have a formal education until his parents died and he was sent to boarding school, even then the school let him do whatever he wanted which was run his own theatre department

another woman he was dating around that time was Dolores del Rio

>tfw no mexican milf

Billie Holiday was rough as fuck user, I'd rather shag Billy Wilder

It is. Just drink 0.5l of vodka + a few beers every day and you will die of cirrhosis in 5 years.

>this is what americans actually believe

Nepotism. It's always nepotism.

i think just beer would raise your insulin sensitivity enough to do some damage. high calorie too. op, try drinking 20-30 beers a day until you're 50.

Getting into Hollywood was different back then. Plus he had no shame snd could hype jimself up like crazy. He went to Europe and lied about being famous here and when he came hear and coasted to the big screen talking about all of his Europe success.

Luck.

If you gave everyone here the amazing contract that Welles got for HIS FIRST FUCKING FILM, I bet we would find a few talented directors. Too bad they will never get the chance, unless they know someone.

i think what user meant was that it was easier to get work back then in general

>mfw 23 with dead end entry-level job and no gf still living with parents.

How many amateur films/shorts have you guys made?

he was a boomer piece pf shit

everything was esy for them

I still have 3 years to write the kino to end all kino then

>he was a boomer piece pf shit

Cred Forums once again proving it has no idea what generation the Baby Boom was.

>already older than heat legend when he died

>>And if that weren't enough he was banging Billie Holiday at the time too
mad jelly desu

Baldwin IV was 16 when he led a group of peasants to tear apart a saracen army many times his size filled with professional soldiers

amazingly underrated post

SkipAway is the stalker in sex offenders.

MUUUUAHHH

are you implying everyone at that time period did this ? what kind of /r9k/ board has this become

It's very easy user, Orson Welles is the exception to the rule. Besides that, most people who are as talented never get a chance, aren't born in the right time country place etc.

If people would die at 30 from being an alcoholic, alcoholism would not be a problem at all. It's them not dying that's the problem.

Tell me your secrets

That's a bit fucking ridiculous though.

Most sources we have of the Middle Ages indicate that marriages even then were seldom before the age of 20.

Your Grandparents sound a bit barbaric to be honest...

Honestly, who cares about a gf? I mean a companion would be nice but just get a dog and don't worry about it, if one comes that great for you user but if it doesn't why fret?

They didn't have the fucking internet to piss away their time on.

And now Cred Forums is going to die and you've wasted your lives.

God I wish this site would shut down. Then all my problems would be solved. Then everything would be better

Nah, you're just a member of the faggot mentality