Westworld

>Scalps a robot

What did he mean by this Cred Forums?

What possible benefit would this accure him?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=lI4_rhgBvv4
m.youtube.com/watch?v=mQheaCpjH0I
youtube.com/watch?v=az7ZwW1bff8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Well there was some kind of drawing on the inside of it, no clue to its meaning yet

He got sexual gratifacation from it.

why was mc bot guy able to point a gun at this guy, when bots aren't supposed to kill humans?

why did his gun do nothing against blackhat man yet was able to kill other bots?

blackhatman is obvs a participant and not a robot

Probably wants to find YEHWAHEH since the theory of a synthetic deity exists.

You're too stupid for this show reddit. Fuck off.

>ancient culture

that host was another one like dolo who has been around longer than the rest, which is why he's isolating and doing shit with the older models; their old memories hold some of the answers he's looking for

he probably hasn't fucked dolo up like that yet because she's the most valuable in terms of information, whereas the indian guy wasn't so valuable that he had to worry about them noticing how he was missing

i think man in black knows some of those key phrases the workers use on the hosts to get them to access their previous "jobs" and probably used a combo of those phrases and torture on the indian to obtain information

whether he straight up decommissions the indian or returns him has yet to be seen, also curious if he's the one who scaled the sheriff but left him with his wig because he wasn't as old as he thought, or didn't find what he was looking for underneath

also, the hosts that ignore the flies, vs. the ones who don't is going to be a minor thing (the sheriff started glitching out when the fly landed on him, and he looked right at it like he wanted to swat it but couldn't, they've confirmed that the flies aren't fake but living things too)

Could use it to threaten people I suppose. Or just wants to learn more about their internals.

If you had half a brain you would understand that since bots are recomissioned from older versions of the game that he's tryin to find some shit from the original version

It's just a fucking piece of of software man they can include exceptions.

So this is dumb question, are they in some kind of simulation or are some parts real somewhere? Is this gonna be explained more? It seems like such it'd be a weird VR setup I've never seen in media before but constantly referred to as an amusement park

Kill yourself faggot

>are they in some kind of simulation or are some parts real somewhere?
i'm as dumb as you, pal

Are you kidding

Its all in a real place on a resort. The hosts are synthetic man made humans. How the fuck did you miss that?

Not that user, but they kind of fail to give the park a sense of place. There's no clear connection between it and the various floors of the HQ. The episode jumped between the park and the HQ without explaining how anyone traveled between the two; it became a bit disjointed.

wait, wot? they made westworld into a seris?

Journalists already got to view the first 4 episodes. why isnt there a leak of them?

>why wasn't everything explained in the first episode

Cause they pan out from the train to a hologram map instead of something identifiable. And almost every scene transition had the mods just pop up with no shown traveling near AI that were freaking out. Or just having the AI in a room directly after saying there's a problem or some such.

I know it seems retarded but I was already going into the show assuming it'd be something like that but they didn't really do anything to change that notion for me. Makes a lot more sense now though

Its a hidden npc quest, it reminds me of what's her name in demon's souls

>inb4 hookerfu starts hitting on chicks due to months/years/who knows of molestation
But seriously though, shit's really chill here considering how she just does this in plain view.

The robots can't hurt humans, but they can point the guns at them.

The guns are able to distinguish between targets (or rather the bullets are)

A very large part of the episode is about them repairing physical robots. How the fuck did you reach the VR conclusion?

>they kind of fail to give the park a sense of place

Except that they have a long scene in which two characters have a dialogue on the roof on the HQ, overlooking the park.

>The guns are able to distinguish between targets (or rather the bullets are)
thanks

the fact that the bullets punched holes in the robot but not the human was making me think this was a simulation and not a 'real life set'

I think he could have really hurt him if he fired the gun when he had it pressed to his forehead, that's why he couldn't pull the trigger

These threads are always full of the most retarded faggots on Cred Forums

That explains you're presents.

Those lips would have been wrapped around some random guy's cock only hours before that

>it's another mouthbreather thinks ed harris is a robot episode

watch the movie before posting

employees are probably encouraged to act out on robots during maintenance as a morale booster

>That explains you're presents

>going to westworld just to fuck hookers
how pleb could you possibly be?

The man in black is one of the original robots who escaped and has come back impersonating a customer.

The only one who knows his true nature is Anthony Hopkins. Everyone else in the company thinks he'said a human.

>he said a human

thinks he's a human.

wow user
thanks for ruining everything

don't fall for the lies

>it's a the Milkman flashback

jokes on you, already have

Yes i got it but, when are we going to see some robot pussy?

How do the guests distinguish each other from the bots?
What if a cute 14y/o girl guest gets blackout drunk in the bar, and another 69 year old crusty man decides to try out that sweet tight teen pussy and indulges himself in his rape of an unconscious young girl fantasy?

In an interview he said that the robots actively watch out for the guests and will intervene to keep them from coming to harm.

What if all the immediate surrounding bots are killed/away?

this looks amazing!

youtube.com/watch?v=lI4_rhgBvv4

They lobotomized the sherriff, pay more attention

>they use real guns that fire real bullets

Would make way more sense to add squibs on the robot-people, and have the guns fire some smoke and a laser that activates the squibs.

>In an interview he said that the robots actively watch out for the guests and will intervene to keep them from coming to harm.

That is sooooo lame.

But logical

Good question

I imagine one of the overseers would shut down part of the simulation

Or just down right prevent the girl from getting that drunk as soon as they see it start. Maybe it's not even real alcohol, health &safety and all that

Does it need to have a sci fi element? Cant a grizzly western sell on its own?

This show is such a rip off of Jurassic Park.

Is it still a rip off if they were both created by the same person?

what?
it's like 9 parts sci-fi to 1 part western

It isn't a western you stupid fucking faggot kill yourself retard piece of shit

jurrasic park is a continuation of the themes presented in westworld

>show created by JJ Abrams and Nolan
>really good idea for an interesting, sci-fi story that really makes you think
>fucking awful execution with one-note characters and cringeworthy overexplanation of the underlying themes

boy I sure didn't see that coming

the robots are so realistic that if I went to Westworld with a friend and he just started raping and murdering everyone for fun, I would stop being his friend and avoid him.

But I guess thats sort of the point the show is making

>and Nolan

Jonathan Nolan. Aka the other one.

You're a bad friend.

Were you always this much of a bitch?

>overexplanation
some of the plebs here still don't understand

But is there any point of making it a western setting other than the fact that it's probably the cheapest "fantasy world" setting to produce? I mean when Crichton made this it made sense because westerns were basically the capeshit of his era. But who the fuck would choose to go to a shitty ass western setting now? Lazy fucks.

>really good idea for an interesting, sci-fi story that really makes you think

Are you seriously unaware of the original Westworld?

It would really say something about him as a person. that he really does want to murder and rape people, but the law is the only thing stoping him and I dont see how anyone could want to do something like murder a family and then rape the daughter like at the beginning unless they really do have a desire to rape people. I wouldnt want to be around such a psychopath

Not since Deadwood got cancelled

Why does that woman molest her?

I wonder what year it is. Its far enough ahead to have solved all diseases.

I didn't say it was an original idea, but certainly better than most TV show pitches, especially considering the last good sci-fi TV series was fucking Battlestar Galactica like 13 years ago.

It's The Matrix meets Jurassic Park.

If you do not understand what ed harris was trying to achieve by that "rape", then stop watching because Im not spelling it out for you like a 4th grade teacher, like some people on here do.

its a sci fi first with western elements.

>hurr muh plot

Im not talking about that you autistic child. Im talking about a hypothetical situation where this amusement park is real and my friend starts acting like a psychopathic murderer and rapist for fun. It would say something about who he really is

she's just testing the merchandise. Making sure the whore is a proper whore. She's a scientist after all, gotta preform tests

edge points

You're not aware of what Westworld actually is are you?

no he's a human, but I think he's working with Hopkins and hopkins is a robot. Hopkins is the singularity and has hit a snag in his updates so he gets the man in black to go into the game and hack it from the inside

there are other fantasy worlds. don't know when we will get to them, maybe future seasons.

The logistics in this show are absolutely fucked. I mean Westworld is huge, like too huge to have internally unless the building is underground or something. Which I'd accept as a one off but if they're going the route of the original then there's other themes too like medieval world. How in the fuck do they have this much space?

>its a "dumb NEET pretends to be a marketing expert" post

they are in a utopia world, maybe humans are really good at saving space and the earth is full of it. Just one episode, no sci-fi can fully explore the world in one episode

Im 100% sure one of the people that actually works at Westworld will turn out to be a robot. Maybe all of them. Like Anthony Hopkins hired real people to make a bunch of them, then fired all the real people, and made a bunch of the robots his employees.

could happen, his character is described as having control issues.

I don't have the quote but the bullets are actually simutions? I think. They're just harmless pellets like how they're when they hit a person, but the androids body is programmed to break down in away similar to a gunshot when hit with one.

How are the robots supposed to rise up and start capping guests if the bullets are harmless?

Why would he scalp a man before throwing him off of a mesa?

>Im 100% sure one of the people that actually works at Westworld will turn out to be a robot
wow, you must be a genius. Did you come up with that on your own? wow, I wish I could be as smart as you

Hopkins is the robot

they have a literal army in the basement

>guy who already knows the story acts smug to someone else making predictions about it

>being a passive aggressive smarmy cunt about it

you have never had sex

he's a big guy

just start bashing their brains in. Remember that one robot that went apeshit and started killing everyone even though he had a gunshot wound in his stomach that didnt even phase him?

>doesn't want to be a badass cowboy

Why the hell else would you pay millions of dollars to go, and not kill anyone and have sex with whores? It's a self-selecting group, so you wouldn't even be there with your friend.

>Anachronistic covers of classic songs

Sign me the fuck up.

his scalp was cut, which is why the dutch lady mentioned his appearance being grotesque, when they lobotomize, they use the drill as seen on dolo's papa

pay more attention

>not hunting for easter eggs
play the game properly pleb

>Why the hell else would you pay millions of dollars to go

oh yeah, Im sure thats why that family was there with their kid, to murder people.

And I said rape women, not fuck hookers.

It could be more than just the law, everyone has those primal urges but don't do it because it could harm another human being but in the park you're not harming anyone. It's basically LARPing red dead redemption.

didnt notice other than Black Hole Sun and Paint it Black

>everyone has those primal urges

I literally have NO desire to murder a family and then rape the daughter as she cries and begs for mercy.

But that guy who had Teddy as a tour guide was with his friends and there was a family.

>why was mc bot guy able to point a gun at this guy, when bots aren't supposed to kill humans?

it's not like asimov's 3 rules where the robots know they are robots who cant hurt humans, they think they're real people, and are just programmed to never be able to successfully manage to harm a human, so they can punch a human, they are just hardcoded for it to always be a soft punch so a human can have a barroom brawl fantasy

>why did his gun do nothing against blackhat man yet was able to kill other bots?

in the movie the guests can't shoot each other because their guns have infared sensors on them that wont fire if they detect body heat, so presumably the hosts have similar smartguns that only fire some sort of little smoke pellet when firing at a guest so it still looks cool to get shot by a robot, kind of like paintball

>go to westworld
>commit murder and try frame one of the bots

Then you're weird

They're made of metal rubber and plastic

>this pic
>that autist who kept complaining the show wasn't "cinematic"

>implying you can murder a guest

good luck. They monitor all guests at all times with bio monitors

shieeeet

I think the robots have built in squibs and the gun is just some kind of directional device to activate them.

For Dolores?

What was the "bigger picture" they were talking about? You think the park records and gets blackmail on important people? Something more sinister?

This is literally it. Like how do you do an action scene? The actors have blood bags that burst etc. and gun just bangs and no real bullets go. It's meta show about film making/directing/writing etc.

Can't believe how fucking dumb you faggots are

he never implied that he's gonna kill a guest
but even if he does it, hosts can't kill guess, his framing wouldn't work.

The whole "face tearing off" effect might be difficult to achieve with squibs.

Why don't you fucking wait out you humongous faggot

yeah, but they are hyper realistic to the point where it should trick your mind to have the same response to a real person.

they even mention this in the show. They dont want to make them too real because then no one would want to fuck them and kill them

not even if it opened up a secret level?

This show is fucking awful.

It should be on the scyfy channel.

Why dont you lick my balls pleb

Advanced artificial reality.

>getting this angry at others about a show simply because you read the wikipedia article on the show

Go back to your Marvel/DC threads you dummy

not really

I haven't even visited the fucking Wikipage of this show, I'm just not visually illiterate fucking moron

Looks like the next episode will show what its like to be a guest

still, park with one half of guest being families with small children and the other half being violent rapist doesn't seem as the brightest idea.

What exactly does this show have that puts itself above the scyfy channel?

The shitty story?
The one dimensional characters like le strong female boss. Or the le black science man. Or the ratty fast talkin manlet from avatar?

Can't forget the science genius who has a fugged up history.

Then there's Randal Flagg, wait no just drunk ed harris every saturday night.

Show sucks.

LE ROBIT GIRL KILLED THE FLY SHE CAN HURT PEOPLE NOW

wow

that's fuggin nutz man

I'm gonna watch next week.

>I'm just not visually illiterate fucking moron

you obviously do have a little bird brain since you are so bitter and angry for literally no reason at all. This is all you have to lord over people

Didn't you watch the movie?

guests are robots too. There are actually no real humans in the whole show.

There's nothing to lord over in anonymous forum, I just call retarded faggots out if see one.

Why were the decommissioned robots stored in the mall set from Gone Girl?

Why was the area where they interviewed and repaired robots a set of offices instead of an assembly line? How many robots do you think went through there on a daily basis? Is it practical they moved them all manually?

>manually
They probably set them into a walk only mode after hauling them out of the park to not break immersion with the guests.

>not only being able to get friends who are such edgy shitheads they spend all day hoping they get to shoot someone in real life in some self defense scenario

tell me your favorite movie and tv show so I can point out the tropes in it too and make you feel slightly uncomfortable over the internet

just like in real life

it's not set "now", it's set in the future where they've "cured all diseases"

>, I just call retarded faggots out if see one.

So you scream into the mirror every morning?

You're a Nice Guy, and that's OK!

I don't have mirror surfaces in my apartment. Nor any pictures. I've ascended to sociopath master race.

youre a robot and everyone else on Cred Forums is just a computer simulation

It's progressive.

>implying

I live in the south and know plenty of dumb rednecks who pray that a kid would step on their property to get their ball so they have an excuse to murder another person

Because these are highly paid computer scientists not assembly line goons.

You sound like an idiot

right now it seems a lot better than the original movie

Is Futureworld worth watching? I already watched the original movie.

Yeah but I'm questioning the practicality of a set of large mostly empty rooms to repair cyborgs instead of something more compact and streamlined. It seems impractical given the amount of time and work that must go into retrieving every broken cyborg, repairing them and sending them back out,

This is Cred Forums. We all do.

Where can I watch or torrent this?

Are you fucking retarded? Holy fuck.

The biggest problem I have with the show is the safety aspect of it all. Stick in violent rapists and real guns with everyone else and you're bound to get a couple casualties every day. Even if the guns won't fire at humans, there's tons of ways people could get hurt. There'd be no way to really control the violence and make it safe.

You used "le" three times in your post. It's time to end your life.

The black family with the kid mentions that "across the river" is "too adult".
So clearly there are tame sections for kids and family activities.

>but ticket for crazy theme park with robots where you get to rape kill and do anything you want
>no lolibots whatsoever

D R O P P E D

Do the robots shit and piss like humans, I wonder what their reaction would be to see humans piss and shit.

The website tie-in gives a "terms and liabilities" form that states explicitly that.

There's a bunch of ways to get hurt in Westworld, but you won't die unless your dumb.

Didn't read through the thread, maybe someone else brought it up.

There's something special about that 'drawing' inside the scalp. Remember when that sherriff guy went full cerebral palsy? The next scene where they are discussing him in one of those repair rooms you can clearly see he's been scalped. Maybe that drawing is the circuit board of a host?

just like a real park

Does this show have all the hallmarks of the typical HBO show, ie bland overt sexuality and overuse of "mature" things like excessive cussing and violence? Or does it rise above?

> How in the fuck do they have this much space?

Humanity finally got around to admitting Africa is an irredeemable failure and hydrogen bombed the place and made it into theme parks.

Which is one of the main themes of this show and the main argument the blonde boss lady is making.

Point is, mistakes can happen. I'm sure they have clauses for all this though.

It rises above, in this case.

Deer Hunter
Sopranos

Come at me faggit

It has tits on the first shot.

ahaha fucking triggert

Nice retorts.

I guess that's the best you can do. Personal attacks instead of attacking the argument.

This show is for babies and entry level redditors.

People wouldn't visit if a couple people die there everyday.

Westworld soundtrack thread:
Help me identify the Beatles and PF songs

Of course they would, as long as they died doing some dumb as shit that was their own fault.

My main problem with this is that if technology has improved to the point where people can basically 3D print completely functional pseudo-humans, then why the fuck is that technology only used in a single theme park?

I mean if it was possible, every section of society would be filled with them - from medicine, to the military, to Burger King kitchens. Every middle class household would have one. The last place on the list would be a theme park.

And if they do use them elsewhere in this future world, and we just don't see it, the programming and the stakes of a programming fuck up would be much higher in any of those areas. Since when has a theme park been on the cutting edge of technology?

It's retarded. I realise they'll probably fudge this by making the whole west world park 'management' aspiring contractors to the military and it's all a test bed for selling synthetic soldiers to the highest bidder, but it's still retarded.

Well, we're only seeing the theme park

you have a point but you haven't even given the show a chance to explain that yet, maybe they will

your arguments are memes, congrats.

No your points are just dumb and wrong, sorry

well gee I'm getting mixed signals here
Nah, my two favourite HBO shows are Generation Kill and True Detective, neither of which are particularly tame. But their aspects of violence and sexuality served a thematic purpose, for the most part. It wasn't just there because fuck you, we're big boys and we like big tits.

show is fucking terrible

It's like groundhog day for morons.

The way the newcomers react to seeing Teddy in the train tells me they haven't seen one before. Since the people coming to Westworld are rich people, you can assume these robots are not being used in hospitals or in daily civilian life. But maybe the show will address this, we've only had one episode yet.

Quality retort. Nice job shill.

Which is apparently yet to happen. I'd imagine that's going to be what we are going to see happening very soon.

Only minor hosts repeat their scripts daily, and some only do it if no guests proceed with their quests.

Do we need more proofs of how dumb you are?

They might be less human in the real world, these are specifically designed to appear human, there's no need for that outside.

Would you save her user?

>Go to Westworld
>Rape a male robot

Would the other robots lynch and hang you for being a faggot?

lmao, please be baiting.
theres no thematic purpose in 'pls fuck me in the ass'

td s1 was garbage and anyone shilling that shit has no taste (not that this is great, merely decent)

hopefully. Faggots aren't people so they would probably just kill you.

More proof?

You haven't proven anything. You haven't refuted any point I've raised.

This show is generic and one dimensional and relies on nudity and shock value like a shitty horror flick to get the audience to sit through it.

Women and morons will love this show.

>Go to Westworld
>Niggerbots aren't picking cotton in the fields

Immersion dropped

The real question is, would it be gay at all?

>td s1 was garbage

>td s1 was garbage and anyone shilling that shit has no taste

Look at this pleb. He thinks his cinematography professor isn't a failure and that the blacklist is a great show.

Dumb and iliterate, whoa.

On a side note, I doubt we'd be able to build robots this intelligent without a couple hundred years of technological progress.

>generic and one dimensional
So you're not intrigued by the ethical considerations of creating artificial life?

I'm really curious: what do you consider a good modern show?

>cotton fields in the southwest
Bruh...

>theres no thematic purpose in 'pls fuck me in the ass'
That's why I said mostly. All sex scenes involving Marty were a total waste of screentime. The sexuality was on-point other than that.

>td s1 was garbage
Now you're just memeing.

He's right. You're mad. Deal with it.

this thread is basically spot the faggots who never even watched it.

They solved all the other problems with humanity, what else is left besides entertainment? Plus, a theme park isn't the goal

>You haven't proven anything. You haven't refuted any point I've raised.
>He's right. You're mad. Deal with it.

I guess you're both retarded then.

Exactly. If the technology is elsewhere too, it makes even less sense. If it's a world in which these robots are everywhere and go to war or perform surgery, and yet the only place that's pushing the envelope for sophisticated understanding and AI is a theme park, well, that's just even more stupid.

the rope would detect that it was hanging a human and would stop working

It might be a few hundred years in the future. Someone mentioned we have perfected the genome. No sickness. No cancer.

>relies on nudity
this isn't GoT nudity. The only nudity is robots. The purpose should be obvious, it dehumanizes them.

What if the twist is that everyone is a robot?

True. And perhaps I'm making a leap here, but if that is true, and it's offered to the ENTIRE population, then earth's population would be enormous and, potentially, not life sustaining. So unless there are dramatic population controls or some sort of technology that can provide sustenance to the entire planet, it doesn't seem absurd that there are human colonies on other planets. We don't even actually know where Westworld is.

Right, so they've cured all disease.

That doesn't mean I don't want live-in fake human maid to do my laundry and blow me, or a fake human bomb diffuser. Quite the opposite - that'd be next on my list of priorities.

Im guessing population controls. Im thinking the world has become almost boring so hence the need for these theme parks

they probably have those, just not as sophisticated. Did everyone in this thread forget that the whole theme park is a front?

>So you're not intrigued by the ethical considerations of creating artificial life?

Do you think this show is going to complete that conversation and following argument? It won't. This show is walking dead levels of bad.

>I'm really curious: what do you consider a good modern show?
Fargo
TD season one

Who is going to win the next election?

>The purpose should be obvious, it dehumanizes them.

And yet it has the scene where a woman kisses it. So much for dehumanization.

It is a distraction and a filler for a poor script.

Trump

Hillary and the jews will try to pull some bullshit but it won't stick.

but that kiss dehumanizes the robot even more, it's showing the lack of concent.

That scene is more about the woman than the robot, later when they're reclaiming robots the same woman says something nice to Dolores before making her go to sleep mode.

To me it seems she wants to know how real they look and feel. First physically then emotionally

Yeah I think it will. I don't get why you think it won't seeing as there is only one episode so far. Your whole argument, which appears to be "no it's bad" is obviously ignorant, but maybe it would be more believable when the show is at least halfway through the season.

That's just bad directing in my opinion. Jonathan Nolan is 100 times worse than his brother at narrative.

>robots get their software 'updated'
>Dolores is 'the oldest' host in a park
>her dadbot has to be replaced with entirely different dadbot
>Ford has conversations with some old retired character
Isn't it a bit stupid that hosts are unique snowflakes? It sure fits the narrative of muh emerging robot consciousness, but very dumb considering that the robots constantly get their heads blown off and their robot pussies glazed with stale cum. Wouldn't it make more sense to have like 10 spare Doloreses and simply discard the broken ones, since repairs are likely just as costly as producing a new model?

The robots have multiple roles, and there is a rotation so the guest see new faces each time they visit the park.

but momento was the best thing the nolan's ever did and that was all Jonathan's writing

is it worth watching?

>ruining everything

Implying that it's not one of the most obvious and likely "surprises" that the Man in Black will be revealed as an artificial human.

And Dolores is his dead daughter.

Oh wait - thought you meant Anthony Hopkins

>discard the broken ones

We don't really know how the damages work, the milk guy was shot a bunch of times and was still standing. It could easily mean the robots can survive any damage but are programmed to turn off.

Another case like that is the indian dealer, the man in black mentions that any less than 3 liters of blood in his body he would die. Precise like that it means the robot is programmed to die after that threshold.

Bugs can make the hosts tough as terminators.

Yes. Give it a try. I dont think its going to be world breaking but it could be a really good show

> I don't have the quote but the bullets are actually simutions? I think.

The producers specifically compare them to Simunition ammo and in the first episode when Friendzone robot was shooting at Ed Harris, we could see the bullets safely bursting into a puff of dust when they hit him.

The guns in Westworld appear to be normal firearms but the bullets are programmed to turn into dust when fired at a human, while remaining a solid projectile when fired at a robot.

When the SHTF and the robots rebel, this will allow them to use guns against humans, as they will have no doubt hacked the bullet’s software.

unless part of the programming is hardware. Then if a bug appears you don't have to throw away the entire line of robots. There is a massive amount of decommissioned robots, which means they are running into lots of problems and breakdowns. So instead of repeating the same mistake they are attempting with many different versions or robots to see which will succeed and why.

besides, they don't care how much money the theme park eats up. They are after an end product

i kinda have the same complain

it would be better if the show didn't take place in a soooo distant future.

Not even real ones, ahahahhha.

yeah you definitely sound like a giant fag, that's for sure. I bet if I saw your sniveling little rat face in real life I would knock your teeth out.

>Papa Hannibal recreating one of his ded loved ones as a host.
This could work... It's ikely for something similar will turn out this season...

Why would he rape another robot if he's a robot himself?

my god you people, the whole business is a fucking front

Did you watch the fucking episode? One of the bandits decides hes going to fuck the dead mother before cyclops shows up and kills him. Robots can have sick personality programmed into them.

>Did you watch the fucking episode?
No, this show sounds like sci-fi shit.

You're an idiot

It's only implied that he raped her in reality he was just giving her the red pill.

But that's still retarded. If in the sixties Disneyland started launching manned rockets to the moon, some questions would have been asked. But of course they wouldn't really, because the entire premise is laughable.

Can't wait for the classical version of It Ain't Me

I was hoping we'd make it to at least the 5th episode before MASSIVE plotholes started appearing.

I guess I should have known better of 2010s HBO.

then STFU and stop talking about a show you haven't even watched you fucking pleb

honestly if they have the good of tech to create this place then they probably have the tech to make it VR which would be so much cheaper

>her

it's Ex Machina all over again

so it's stupid that game makers are working on AI? you are an idiot

westworld is a sloppy incoherent mess. its currently sitting at "73" and getting lower by the day. I wonder if HBO ever imagined that this series would be so poorly received. biggest disapointment of the year? definitely.

the proles probably have that anyway and the rich people pay out the ass to go experience something that feels as real as possible, jacking off into your crusty VR onahole isn't the same

Having a robot that cleans itself is definitely a big plus.

What.

NO ITS GOOD JUST LOOK AT ALL THESE SHILLS IN THE THREAD SAYING HOW EVERYONE SAYING ITS BAD IS AN IDIOT

m.youtube.com/watch?v=mQheaCpjH0I

Here's something for you user

>he doesn't want to be a cowboy
What a fag.

Be more self aware, no one cares to convince 4channers.

Thank you for correcting the record.

You're welcome, head to westworld . com and likes us in our facebook page.

and it's probably idiots like Cred Forums voting and lowering it's score cause they can't understand simple sci-fi
is it really not obvious to you? This is a game, a giant sandbox game. And like many companies now, they are working on AI. Just this company has huge backing for some other purpose

I have a hard time with this. Ford since like a pragmatist above all else. He'd want the bots to be as human as possible. Adding squibs would go against this.

fuck off back to Cred Forums

Bioshock is art you pleb deal with it

Imagine you're a citizen of the world of 'westworld' - you read the paper every morning, see different things. Cancer cured, HIV vaccine developed, jolly good. What's this? Almost perfect humanoid cyborgs created, and have been created and known for over 30 years - cool! I wonder what world power is behind this, I hope they use this power for good rather than evil! I wonder what life-saving/-enhancing purposes these pseudo-humans can be put to to enhance my life! I wonder why nobody's used this technology for thirty years.

Oh, it's a theme park.

Maybe the real purpose of the theme park is to test and enhance android technology

>its a westworld thread turns to autistic shitflinging episode

>when there are anonymous people on the internet who like a show that you don't and you just have to go into threads about the show to complain
Get your life together my man

You should pay attention while watching, user.

How dumb are you

fucking kill yourself

It's been pretty much every thread
desu it's mind boggling to me because there's only one episode so far

Also this. From my time on Cred Forums it's amazing how little people pay attention to shows and then, often because they miss shit, they write the show off completely or shit up threads when stupid questions

I like that they are using some parts from the book of Jurassic park, like the discussion of being too real could be bad

The point is we're all violent when it comes down to it

Have we seen any child robots, anyways?

All the guests ride in together on one train car, so knowing who's a guest and who isn't seems pretty easy

AAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHHAAHAAHAAHAAHAAAHAHAH

Teddy rides the train as well, hes a host.

>chase his demons over the deep end

what did he mean by this?

NTG - but come on, even Cred Forums thinks so:
youtube.com/watch?v=az7ZwW1bff8

the hologram they show in the control room is just a map
the park is a real place

An assembly line facilitates continuous mass output. This is not needed here. This is more like a robot garage. Tune ups are not universally applied identical processes: some may need bullet holes repaired, some broken bones, some software reconfiguration, etc. The wide variance in what tools are needed and task completion time would negate any possible advantage of an assembly line.

>Overt sexuality
They showed some tits buts that's all. They didn't even show people fucking at that brothel area. Game of Plebs would be dedicating 20min to that scene alone.
>Excessive cussing and violence
Hardly any cussing and the violence more or less was actually subdue with what it could have been

His program is "man returning to woman he loves" the story the guest play if they get involved with him and his woman is fight him to get her. Like blackhat did technically bh did nothing wrong he was just a dick about it.

Sure it is. But that premise is just as preposterous. it's been 30 years and we meet the technology at its peak. In 30 years the powers that be have only used this life-shattering breakthrough on a test bed theme park. As soon as any shady government/organisation could print anything remotely functional as a fake human they'd be made and deployed to do anything from killing people to sweeping the streets.

It's like sitting on the rotary phone, the brick phone, the nokia - then bam iPhone 14 is the starting point. It doesn't work that way.

So what's gonna be the big twist

I am the milkman. My milk is delicious.

How is space even a question, there's fuckloads of empty desert in the states. Are you European? Because that's the only way I can understand you even having to ask. Europe is the exception when it comes to land development, not the role. Canada, Russia, China and the USA all have their populations squeezed into tiny percentages of their actual land mass

How do you know that isn't happening in the world Westworld takes place in? We've only seen what's going on inside the park, it's totally possible that governments are using robopeople for many other tasks.

That said, the robots are prohibitively expensive to the point that it probably wouldn't be cost effective to use them for most things (besides a theme park for the ultra-rich).

That's a pretty good point

Westworld is a sequel to the movie, not a reboot. The man in black is the Yul Brynner robot from the first one. He has been retooled by the government as a prototype soldier robot.

Did you see the robot who uses early tech talking to Ford, that shit wouldn't be able to infiltrate anything nor convince anyone, it would probably be fodder in a war. Anyway, they do mention how shareholders and management might try to broaden the scope now that robots actually feel real. Its a sign of whats to come.

>You like this show i don't like so now you're a shill for liking it

It's all a dream

>I wonder what life-saving/-enhancing purposes these pseudo-humans can be put to to enhance my life! I wonder why nobody's used this technology for thirty years.
>Oh, it's a theme park.

What makes you think this technology _isn’t_ being used elsewhere?

If they can make robots that are indistinguishable from real humans, why wouldn’t there be simpler and cheeper robots being used for all kinda other applications?

After all, there’s no need to build a a robot that’s a perfect copy of a human, if it’s just going to be used for mining coal or picking tomatoes.

Should've slipped her the tongue

There are plenty of black robots too, so no.'
It's not supposed to be historically accurate.

fun fact:

>people who complain about the scenario of the show being unrealistic have a 100% chance of also complaining about Snowpiercer being unrealistic and not knowing what a parabola is

more enough reason for you to fuck off

a what

I don't know that at all. My point is that if they are being used elsewhere, their roles/programming would almost certainly be more demanding - and therefore with more money/power behind their development. They'd advance earlier and the consequences of their AI would be far more serious.

A hospital, or an airport or anywhere would be a more interesting/significant setting than a theme park.

i believe he is talking about a song by the nu-metal band 'tool'

Yes, of course. My point is, if that's the case, why the hell is it set in a theme park?

This isn't how inventions work in the real world user. Huge advanced are mage by private companies all the time. And they're dive by small steps. The idea that you think one day was like today and the next day was someone announcing HEY GUYS WE'VE CREATED THE ULTIMATE HUMAN ROBOT is absurd

Agile, physically articulate robotics may have Ben possible for a long time, hell a lot of companies are finding research on that right now (companies and universities, not fucking countries mind you)

But clearly Anthony Hopkins's character's gift is in designing AI. That would be the breakthrough that is individually need to make this park. Super imitation-human ai is a separate field of study from articulate robotics. Whereas the latter could be implemented nearly everywhere, the former is mainly academic. Outside of universities, a theme park is exactly the kind of thing that could exploit such a development with a high enough rate of return.

Look towards the privatisation of space flight as an example.

>How is space even a question, there's fuckloads of empty desert in the states.

Pretty sure its set on another planet, (and the Westworld park itself is inside a huge cavern) as management gal mentioned the staff serving "tours" like the military, implying they live there for X months and get rotated back home to Earth.

>A hospital, or an airport
you don't need good AI for that. Just pre-programmed set of directions. the pinnacle of AI is to make it indestiguishable from real humans, there is no reason to have that in the real world. The only place that is useful is in games

Quit spreading this retarded theory.

You made have misread my post, or I may have miswritten it. Either way, I agree - that's pretty much what I was saying.

This perfectly formed technology didn't just fall from the sky and function undisturbed for 30 years.

Have you ever been to a hospital?

And is clearly part of first orientation since they all know he's a ghost from the outset. Have you ever been through a theme park? Disney land? Before the train there's some representative describing what everyone's going to experience, talking about the roles and how to comport yourself, showing off some of the tech up close, etc etc. To the whole group of guests. They were all together. They were all in safety and orientation together. They ride the train car in together.

They know who and how to identify each other, it's pretty simple. There's no real cognitive leap needed here.

It might make sense at a hospital, the way it is now people want to be treated by other humans. This is just cultural of course, in the future people will start relegating tons of resposability for AIs, regardless if it is indistinguishable from humans and all that.

>Yes, of course. My point is, if that's the case, why the hell is it set in a theme park?

Not a lot of applications for highly expensive life-like robots, when cheeper and simpler robots can the same things.

Though I suppose there are other Westworld type life-like robots elsewhere, being used by the super-rich for whatever.

I know, it just didn't show it yet. Next ep will focus on the guests pov so there'll be no doubt about how it works, how they get there etc..

I actually don't think this is out of the question. If it's truly far in the future earth would be overpopulated and most of the areas with canyons and scenic shit are protected and in the national park system.

so....it's gonna be one of those"robots rebellion"story huh... i kinda expected something difference.

>westworld being on another planet is more plausible than the government selling land for westworld to be built on

Even Westworld being completely underground is more sensible.

Because nurse bots, factory bots, literally any other practical application of robot you can imagine doesn't need life-like human AI to operate

At this point, life-like human AI is the novelty, with applications and moral ramifications that aren't entirely clear yet. Privately developed by this genius hobbiest and privately applied here in the theme park where it is clearly jealously guarded and competitors are clearly trying to find ways to steal, while we are seeing what those ramifications are

I agree with you actually, I think everyone is being blinded by the fact its on HBO. Feels real emperor has no clothes

t. reddit

>At this point, life-like human AI is the novelty, with applications and moral ramifications that aren't entirely clear yet.

Seriously how can people miss that?? The rich idiot who kills the bandit and the cutie goes on about how amazing that is, how they react in a real way, he is really impressed by the whole park like he never seen anything like it.

>Quit spreading this retarded theory.

There’s nothing retarded about it.

Why would management gal mention the staff serving tours of duty, if they were on Earth?

Westworld is clearly not built out in the open, as they’d need to control the weather and prevent teenagers and wild animals from wandering onto the property and tourists seeing planes flying overheard, etc.

When the Black family meets Delores out in the countryside, the dad specifically says they’re not to go past the river, implying everything beyond that is a hologram.

Westworld is on another planet and inside a huge cavern formed by nukes. Screen cap this.

Because the last time there was the journo was found out and successfully sued for millions of dollars in damages

Have you ever talked to a nurse?

all people and animals except flies are hosts.

It's retarded because it was invalidated by your own words.

>people in the military serve tours
>they don't go to other planets
>people in westworld serve tours
>this implies westworld is on another planet

It's not impossible, sure, but the evidence you identified does not exclusively point to Westworld being on another planet.

>the dad specifically says they’re not to go past the river, implying everything beyond that is a hologram.
jesus christ dude, just rewatch the episode

Or that his kid can't swim

Yours is a pretty big leap

If every time a parent tells a child "don't go past (landmark)" you think they're implying everything beyond that landmark is a hologram, you must have had a very different cinematic experience of A LOT of movies

>When the Black family meets Delores out in the countryside, the dad specifically says they’re not to go past the river, implying everything beyond that is a hologram.

he says the other side of the river is too adult for him.

This is hilarious because it actually seems to be the case having just watched the movie yesterday

The dad says; "we're not supposed to go beyond the river."

If he was only concerned about his kid drowning, he'd say something like; "don't go in the river, little nigga, you gon drown!"

its literally said in the show
because you see flies crawl on the hosts eyes and they arent able to kill them
but dolores kills a fly at the end because shes BREAKING THE CONDITIONING

I like the implication that the theme park is separated into family friendly sections and rapetown

The staff of Disneyland don't live in the park for months at a time, they go home at the end of the day and if Westworld were on Earth, they'd do the same thing.

>all people and animals except flies are hosts.

Sure, and that needs to be strictly maintained.

Can't have real rattlesnakes and stuff wandering onto the property where a dumbass tourists will try to pet it.

but all diseases have been cured, pretty sure that would mean poisons have too.

Your argument is actually swaying new, here, but I am still more inclined to argue that this is because the staff of Disney world can commute home after their shift and is comprised largely of menial labourers, whereas Westworld
A) needs huge amounts of very specialised labour, and
B) needs a massive amount of very cheap land, and so is likely out in the middle of nowhere.

This means that it can't just draw its work force from whatever Hick town is closest (like Disney world can) but instead needs highly specific people from everywhere to agree to come out to the middle of nowhere to work. Think of a small town with a high ranking university as an example (Waterloo, for instance). The city of Waterloo is tiny and most of the people who live there are not going to Waterloo university. The students and staff are instead drawn there from around the globe to study for months at a time, returning to their families intermittently.

This unique theme park would attract the same thing. People from everywhere who want to work on the cutting edge of AI and robotics would apply, work in the middle of a desert, and leave intermittently. The security staff is clearly military in nature, which already operates on that sort of mechanic.

Sure, but humans aren't going to be immune to a rattlesnake bite, they'd still need to be treated with anti-venom.

And there's still the issues of preventing non-paying guests from wandering onto the property and planes flying overheard, ruining the immersion of the experience and we're to believe Westworld Inc. bought up all of Monument Valley for their park?

If humans have the tech to create life-like robots, why is it a stretch to assume they've also developed interstellar space travel?

It is a sci-fi show, after all.

if it were in space, the tickets would be way more expensive than 100k

so that's the end of that theory

HQ has some superadvanced satellite camera that can zoom in to street level, and even listen to people there. If anyone tried to sneak in, they'd know.
Also, not all science pursuits progress linerally. We can create tiny black holes, but we still haven't found a cure for the common cold.

If people can afford to go to Westworld, justifying the huge cost of building Westworld, then there’s no reason that cheep space flight isn’t available.

The tourist industry here on Earth exploded when cheep jet plane travel became available.

>HQ has some superadvanced satellite camera that can zoom in to street level, and even listen to people there.

Or they have mini-cams and sensors mounted all over the roof of the cavern.

now your argument just seems to be "if you can afford to build westworld on another planet, cheap spaceflight must be available!"

which is circular logic.
they can't afford to build westworld on another planet, cheap spaceflight isn't available, and it's definitely set on earth. Screenshot this.

Then how is there a sky? Is it like the Truman Show?
Why are people trying to make this setting way more complicated then it actually is?