Did Falling Down resonate with a lot of you, Cred Forums? Particularly D-FENS' final speech:

Did Falling Down resonate with a lot of you, Cred Forums? Particularly D-FENS' final speech:

youtube.com/watch?v=hLmuF-0P4tk

>I'm the bad guy? How'd that happen? I did everything they told me to... They lied to me!

Can't believe this movie is now over 20 years old and yet it seems more relevant than ever.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=LHYa3XbBPIM
youtube.com/watch?v=4PkcfQtibmU
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Munchausen_syndrome_by_proxy
youtube.com/watch?v=hLmuF-0P4tk
youtube.com/watch?v=qFeKOrU7W0k
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

It's pretty awesome

>I'm the big guy?

For you.

But he was the bad guy

For Prendergast

Prenderfast was a literal cuck who let his wife's chicken dinner control his life

Could this movie be made today?

Fucking Genderblast.

kill yourself faggot

Also it's heavily implied the wife killed their baby and then blamed the death on SIDS

rude

I've only seen the movie once but I didn't pick up on that at all. Where'd you get that notion?

He says that she didn't want the baby, that it died from infant death syndrome, and that it was not even close to an infant in the same sentence. Not him but that's what he's getting at

I don't understand how anyone can relate to him. He went postal over his own shitty choices in life. He's the one who ended up in a dead-end deskjob. He's the one who had a midlife crisis and decided to take it out on other people who were just going about their day-to-day lives.

How is he sympathetic? Nobody held a gun to his head and said he had to work his 9-to-5. Most men his age buy a sports car or take a trip to the tropics to fuck some cheap island whores when they want some excitement.

He couldn't even do that right. He was a colossal fuckup who never learned to take ownership and dominion of his life and instead committed what was effectively suicide in the end.

How can Cred Forums relate to someone like that?

Wife is clearly a schizo or mentally ill somehow, and they mention the baby and how it died in a weird way, can't quite remember. I basically got the impression that she had "post partum depression" that pretty much extended to the rest of her life, because she was, you know, a crazy woman.

The movie is a cathartic portrayal of the betrayal of the American Dream. How can you not see why that is appealing to people who are similar in status and background to D-FENS?

>no Peanut Untouchable

DROPPED

Haha this, he should have taken ownership and dominion of his wife... wait, how exactly?

Finding a reason to blame others for personal failures is no doubt something that resonates with a certain subgroup of Cred Forums. Although something tells me they are jobless virgins with no social contact, not quite like the main character in the movie.

I get the sense you never watched the film.

When you're a little older and you see how much niggers, spics, arabs and other vermin transform your neighborhood into trash you'd realize.
Even here in the wealthiest parts of the EU where ever they roam the quality of life drops instantly.
These inferior races are destroying us from the inside out and our governments have given open access to let any double digit IQ baboon who wants to escape poverty come over as a so called "refugee".

While you work slavery for a mere wage that's equal to benefits / welfare you're paying tax to support these leeches, these non whites on a massive scale and because they breed so fast everything turns into shit around them, they breed with no regards for the future.

Go to any non white infested ghetto hell hole in the US or the EU and you go from a nice white area to a complete opposite of that once in an area of just minorities, yes it's that bad.
These are people who cannot take care of themselves and who will blame, shout and demand more rights that you and I must pay for.

They are sub humans that want to live in your world and tell you how to run it.

Well over my dead body, we will root them out, drive them from our lands within due time.

Fucking spooks

youtube.com/watch?v=LHYa3XbBPIM

I like it, and thought people fucking with him got what they deserved.

>>>>Reddit

Shouldn't you be at Disney working on how to expand diversity in the next dozen movies you're gonna shit out?

This, the movie is kinda like the original Rambo in that regard. They drew first blood, not him. He was just trying to get back home to see his daughter.

You seem kinda angry, user. Are you ok?

>Nobody held a gun to his head and said he had to work his 9-to-5
What kind of meme is this? What was he supposed to do then? Be homeless?

You seem to avoid any logic or reason, are you afraid?

Only of your simplistic opinions. But then I just feel sad for you.

>how can I be the bad guy? all I did was hold innocent people at gun point and traumatize little kids!

yeah, deep stuff, I regularly go on impotent gun rampages where I don't really kill anyone other than one racist white alt-right nazi bigot so I can be a truly sympathetic bad guy all the time

What a huge fucking pussy
>OH LIFE IS SO HARD BUT IT'S NOT MY FAULT, IT NEVER IS! I SHOULD GO ON A KILLING SPREE BECAUSE "THEY" LIED TO ME!
He's like a nigger or a woman, it's always somebody else's fault, he was wronged so it's ok to act like a retard. If you think this psychopath moron is right you're too far gone

>a movie that's over 20 years old now has its skinhead nazi referred to as alt-right
lmfao

If you can't explain your motives in a simple manner you have no knowledge of the matter.
Like you who hasn't said anything really so far, just used neo reactionary replies. Infact you haven't said anything at all so far

i'd advise you to travel the world a bit, try to work with these sub humans in some capacity, you'll see, time will tell :^)

>"DUUU MOVIE ABOUT WHITE GUY WHO CARES DUUU DUUUU DUUUUUU DUUUUUUUUUUUUUU MUH PROGRESS DUUUUUUU"

>alt-right

the alt-right doesn't even exist. anyone who unironically thinks some label Clinton made up to "Jewgoat" her opponents means anything is an uneducated mouthbreather.

This.

Anybody who disagrees is a sheltered little bitch. Try living in the real world around these savages instead of your gated, lily white communities and you'll see.

Except he was betrayed by the very system he supported, through no fault of his own. Are the American workers who are laid off when their jobs are outsourced at fault for forces beyond their control? Talk about blaming the victim.

What?

>I blame others and cling to my color or something I really didn't put effort into getting it because I am a pussy who can't deal with his decisions nor blame himself for the sad life he is leading so far.

>I did everything they told me

Did they tell him to be an autist who points a gun at people?

He was abusive to his wife, and possibly his kid (I can't remember), I don't know where the idea he's meant to be the good guy comes from.

I was also really surprised by the lack of violence. I had heard it was meant to be a very violent film. Good film anyway.

It's a terrible movie, but it's pretty good in that it encapsulates the childish Cred Forumsblr mentality with perfect accuracy.

>Can't believe this movie is now over 20 years old
Why? Not much has fundamentally changed since then besides terrorism and the internet.

Is this the natural result for the psyche of every wagecuck?

>Except he was betrayed by the very system he supported, through no fault of his own. Are the American workers who are laid off when their jobs are outsourced at fault for forces beyond their control? Talk about blaming the victim.
Free market baby, I thought you maggots loved that. And no, it's not their fault, it's not the fault of random people on the streets either, oh right but niggers, spics and arabs dey took our jerbs right?

Not really, the wife admitted to the cops he was never actually physically abusive (or even emotionally really) to her or the kid and she just got bored with him basically. Even though he tried to be the perfect father and husband, like he was raised to be.

The dog loved him and is sad when he dies. Really makes you think.

>I did everything they told me
>this is supposed to be virtuous
KEK

>He was abusive to his wife, and possibly his kid (I can't remember), I don't know where the idea he's meant to be the good guy comes from.
Because people tend to remember the good things they did or meant to do, while conveniently forgetting about what an asshole they were.

He has his big change of heart when he gets to his old house and watches the home movies. His subjective memory is forced to accept the objective memory captured on camera.

They just see 'white male raging against the system' and think it's some sort of alt-right Chick tract.

>didn't give him a breakfast after breakfast time
>"drew first blood"

Cred Forums, everyone.

>perfect father and husband, like he was raised to be
He watches old family home movies and realizes he was a fucking retarded asshole who raged over the smallest things

>implying I'm an an-cap dipshit

I believe in protectionism, unions, and a living wage. You can't pigeonhole everyone you disagree with to make up for your lack of arguments.

But we all see that he was abusive when he watches the home movies.

Oh I know, I meant I don't know why people tend to say he was meant to be the good guy, whenever it's rather clear he isn't.

And yet he provided for them in every way possible and did his best to be a good person. What exactly is there to complain about? That he raised his voice and lost his temper a few times? Wow it's fucking nothing.

but what about the taxes?

>But we all see that he was abusive when he watches the home movies.
No we don't, retard. Normal people see a nagging bitch of a wife and a guy who loves his family and knows it's all going down the shitter.

You think having a job gives you the right to yell at people or something?
>my wife wanted to divorce me I SHOULD MURDER HER AND MY DAUGHTER

>Normal people see a nagging bitch of a wife and a guy who loves his family and knows it's all going down the shitter.

Yeah, that's what "normal" people see when they watch the movie kek

>How is he sympathetic? Nobody held a gun to his head and said he had to work his 9-to-5. Most men his age buy a sports car or take a trip to the tropics to fuck some cheap island whores when they want some excitement.

But he wanted to work 9 to 5. He didn't want excitement. But he was fired and his wife took his family from him. You say he went postal about his shitty choices but he went postal about the choices that were never his in the first place.

I'm not even memeing what did he do wrong ?

Name one thing

It's a powerful movie and I enjoyed it, but I'm not insecure enough of a beta to claim that it's "redpilled" and use the characters and plots as an excuse to be a ranting racist douche.

>>my wife wanted to divorce me I SHOULD MURDER HER AND MY DAUGHTER

Literally wasn't going to happen.

He made his daughter ride a toy horse that he got her for her birthday.

Yes, normal people, you know, the ones who have seen a vagina in real life.

Yeah, normal people think the wife was a "nagging bitch" and Douglas was a perfectly sane individual. Got it.

>going postal over being fired

Are you really justifying this?

for (((you)))

Yes, it's normal that some asshole starts screaming and yelling like a lunatic while taking pictures, perfectly normal!

Yes, because they have all, literally ALL, had contact with a woman like that at some point.

Have you ever spoken, in real life, not over the internet, to any people outside of a high school setting?

>le d-fens did nothing wrong meme
It was shown that he was a heavily damaged person who had trouble fitting into society throughout his life.

>white man chimps out
>"wow, so brave, he was a good boy he dindu nuffin he was just trying to get home to his family, he's a victim of the corrupt system and society!"

>black man chimps out
>"OMG WTF SAVAGES!"

You guys are so hypocritical.

The movie is not exactly some profound poetry. Some douche gets screwed by life and loses his shit. He's an ass so he thinks his problems are worse than others and this justifies his asshole actions. It will always be relevant because someone will always be getting screwed in life and be an asshole who thinks his problems are worse than others and he's the special snowflake that is allowed to splerg out.

>hey its fine to get fucked by the system everyone else is too don't fight back against it that would be bad violence is never the answer now go take some more soma and watch some more TV

>Yes, because they have all, literally ALL, had contact with a woman like that at some point.
Have they all, literally ALL, gone postal?

He doesn't fight against the system though, he fights against other people who could be in the same situation as him.

Not really, he finds solidarity with the black man protesting non-violently at the bank since they are both "not economically viable" (the black man btw is wearing the same exact outfit as D-FENS)

The breakfast scene is the most unjustifiable but everything else could be justified to some extent.

And the society seemed deadset on not showing him a single iota of compassion nor decency.

It's a far cry to the days when a store owner would give you change for a phone call, a waiter would bring you what you ordered, there was no gangland, homeless weren't entitled fucks and your wife stuck around for the good and bad.

Was this ever the case? Who knows. But that's how D-fens was raised and that's what he was expecting.

The entire point of the movie is that they're all one bad day away from it.

Seriously, Timmy, do they teach anything in middle school nowadays or what? Don't they teach you to read a book and then interpret it properly? Or has this been lost to postmodern "reading" where everything is correct?

>The breakfast scene is the most unjustifiable

I'd say blowing up the construction.

>man fails to adapt
>we're supposed to feel sorry for him

This, the movie is all about frustrated expectations.

So you're saying everyone that has seen a vagina in real life, is one bad day away from going postal?

Are you trying to justify not seeing a vagina in real life?

Praise comrade Stalin(PBUH)!

Underrated post.

>someone is defensive because he's got special snowflake splerg out frustration built up
>special snowflake thinks going on a temper tantrum is fighting the system
>probably uses the phrase "wake up"

>Well over my dead body, we will root them out, drive them from our lands within due time.

Listen, Cody, you said that shit last year, and the year before that, and the year before that. When are we going to see some fucking results?

This. Can't agree more.

>man fails to become a self-centered asshole
>not worthy of sympathy

what's up with people named cody being psychos?

I'd be curious to know Joel Schumacher's reaction to this movie's recent rise in popularity among the same kind of people that were parodied by the neo-nazi character. Someone should reach out to him about it.

Stop bitching about it online
You people are fucking weak

ITT: numales who either didn't watch the movie or didn't get it

None of that gives anyone the right to go out holding people at gunpoint, though.

it wasnt getting fired it was losing his fucking kids to some vindictive whore

What the fuck? I browse Cred Forums, you're the fucking numale, you fucking cuck beta faggot.

but we're not the neo-nazi character, we're D-FENS

lol whatever helps you sleep at night, I guess

>I browse Cred Forums

Clearly, you're so fucking stupid you thought I was implicating you in that post. Back to r/TheDonald fuckboy.

True but then again, you shouldn't be shot at either

Dismissing people's misfortunes as "personal failings" is common among people who have been very fortunate.

OH you're one of those neutral faggots. I'd post a smuggie but you'd probably scream and cry about strawmen like the fucking cuck numale beta faggot you are.

At the time, it was meant to capture a very specific feeling that marginalized adult white men were feeling. Men who worked hard and had assumed they'd have a good job and retire with a pension, but had that taken away because the world around them was changing (usually they lost their job due to globalization, D-FENS lost his because no more USSR). Meanwhile, minorities had all but killed major metropolitan urban centers by that point, leading to a generation of men being like "I remember when this store was _____ when I was a kid, and now it's owned by some lousy Korean."

Edgy millennials today adopt this as some sort of a grander "I did things right, and I still got fucked" kind of mentality like OP said, but it's not the same thing. D-FENS is mad the world was no longer as awesome for a white male American, so, more like social changes, while millennials are more about economic changes.

>he calls them "smuggies"

Wanna know how I know you've only been on this website since this Summer?

Triggered much?

Are you even old enough to vote? Embarrassing.

Yeah, that's a trigger. Posting this bad-boy on twitter, kek!

Lol, so what are you, tough goy

K.. KEEP ME POSTED

This, no wonder the guy didn't get the film.

>everything else could be justified to some extent.
IT WAS 10:40!
If they had just given him an egg mcmuffin the day would have changed considerably.

true

Stop pushing this shit, OP.

fuck off nigger

This is why you people are actual scum that is beyond hope.
To anyone sane it was clear that she was depressed or psychologically shook up BECAUSE she lost the child.
Just rope yourself.

fedoracore manchild garbage

If by your logic black people are dumb, how come I figured out why a loser like you keeps making these threads and can still be a nigger
Kill yourself, you failure at life

Neck yourself, NEET

was for you:

I'm not OP you retarded nigger, and that was my first post in this thread.

>Nobody held a gun to his head and said he had to work his 9-to-5

That's not why he rebels.

To be fair he didn't mean to shoot up the McDonalds, it was a hair trigger.

Everything else he did was a result of someone else being a genuine asshole.

>my wife wanted to divorce me I SHOULD MURDER HER AND MY DAUGHTER

With his water pistol?

Nah, they pull that shit every year and everyone knows it

fuck those guys

leeching money from the city for no god damn reason

rebuilding the same road over and over and over again just to perpetuate their own jobs

Nobody is the good or bad guy, that is the whole point of the movie. Every character has fucks ups, but has good points too. Basically every problem is caused by a mental health issue.

One of the best movies of all time. The world would be a better place if there were more D-FENS's around to stop all the bullshit.

>it's 11:34, no more breakfasts sorry :'(
Get the fuck out

>The world would be a better place with more vigilantes with access to high grade explosives

What did he mean by this

He didn't fuck with anyone who didn't fuck with him first. Even at the end when he took that family "hostage" he showed concern when he thought the little girl was injured and let them go. He only did what he did in that scene because he was trying to escape and came upon them by accident and just tried to hide for a few minutes while the cops passed. He had no malice toward them.

>Nobody held a gun to his head
Except the spics, but your left agenda will ignore that.

The wife was the real villain of the movie.

>made up bullshit reasons for why he was "abusive"
>cop asks if he ever hit her
>she says no
>gives her a big wtf look

Says all that you need to know right there.

>everyone who is an asshole to me should get shot!

Looks like we got a supreme gentleman over here

Schumacher really didn't do a very good job at convincing us D-FENS was the bad if that was his intent.

>What?

Keep up with the current sociopolitical climate, granpa.

>Pendergast's wife is a psycho
>D-FENS's wife is a psycho

Really makes you think.

Not a vigilante, just someone who will stand up for himself and protect his rights.

And also someone who doesn't believe in NAP lol.

>OMG I SIT IN TRAFFIC JAMS ON THE WAY TO WORK TOO

This is the extent that this movie should resonate with anybody here, and even then, not too many people considering the abundance of NEET's. Internet.

This is one of the few movies that i honestly believe women and men under 30 can't actually understand.

its not their fault, they just don't get it.

Ive likened discussions of this film to the brexit debate in the UK where one side (in that case the remain side) simply couldnt comprehend the other. It wasn't a case of understanding or discussing, it was a fundamental breakdown of thought. For once it was a very literal 'you just don't get it'.

The Foo Fighters music video based off this movie is good.
youtube.com/watch?v=4PkcfQtibmU

yeah. which is what makes the movie a masterpiece in my opinion. if i had time and patience i could try to make them understand, but we both know if i tried the autism levels would reach critical mass when one of these millennials cant understand something.

>This is one of the few movies that i honestly believe women and men [who've never been betrayed by society in general] can't actually understand.
/r9k/ gets it

Id probably kill my wife if she cheats/leaves be if im honest. Wouldnt kill a child though. most likely id hide the body but if it was a spur of the moment id take out certain people too if i had the time. Make it someone special like a local politician or something.

I dont have it in me to kill myself though, so id hopefully grab a bullet from a cop at some point.

That or id get caught and rot in prison the rest of my life...maybe then id kill myself.

it's far deeper than that. i honestly don't want to waste my time explaining it to you bro. either you're old enough to get it, or you just wont ever understand.

Do you really think people on Cred Forums don't have jobs, and in some cases families? I mean the movie is literally a beta cuck's power fantasy. The only thing missing was him fucking a ton of bitches in between freak outs.

Its a movie about an average nice guy, who was also kind of an asshole (but hey, who isn't?), who had a pretty shitty day after a long stretch of shitty days. He snapped. He's not supposed to be a hero, he's a tragic figure that any adult could kind of empathize with. The movie isn't advocating flipping the fuck out and pulling guns on people, its telling you to pull your head out of your ass, and not let things get that bad in the first place.

>either you're old enough to get it, or you just wont ever understand.
How old do you need to be to properly use the "shift" key?

i decided that pressing the shift key was just wasting precious energy and making me age more quickly. i think commas and apostrophes will be next to go, i might get an extra day of life if i never use a comma again.

>notgettingridofthekeyboardjewofthespacebar

True. Until you've been screwed over by society it's impossible to truly understand.

>Do you really think people on Cred Forums don't have jobs

For the most part, yes.

>and in some cases families?

Almost everyone still has both parents. Almost nobody has a wife and/or kids.

>he's a tragic figure that any adult could kind of empathize with

Most people here are not adults in that sense.

More often than not, the posts in these threads (rest assured, it's pretty much the same jobless posters every time) express that they wish they had what he had (job, family, stature, etc.)

Prendergast finally standing up to his wife is a great scene

why are people so fucking stupid about this movie? it's not like it's complicated. it pretty much beats you over the head with the message and yet there are idiots on both sides of the debate that misunderstand it.

> doesn't want to waste time

> gives an uppity non-answer

That is why movies are art, there is no single answer and everyone can interpret it differently.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Munchausen_syndrome_by_proxy

maybe for more complex kinos, but falling down is fairly basic. besides, there is always one absolute true interpretation in art, that of the original artist.

>but falling down is fairly basic

Not really, it's as complex as Homer's Odyssey.

He was a military contractor. He can't exactly judge anyone for that sort of thing.

That'sthe point. He is the bad guy, but he's also the audience. It's a cautionary tale.

It's like how Hamlet spends the entire play justifying being a feckless pushy and then acting in the worst possible manner when he thinks his hand is forced. You're supposed to sympathizenand understand how someone gets there, but also realize why it's a bad thing.

You can sympathize with someone and still think they're wrong.

>man fails to become a self-centered asshole

But that's exactly what he became.

Spics didn't fire him.

This is an eloquent way of summing up why I can't stand to debate typical conservatives.

>But he wanted to work 9 to 5. He didn't want excitement. But he was fired and his wife took his family from him. You say he went postal about his shitty choices but he went postal about the choices that were never his in the first place.

Those were all his choices. He chose a job where he would never advance enough so that he couldn't be fired. He chose a wife that would become a vindictive bitch instead of someone he could control. Or maybe she was easier to control and he lost control, which is even more pathetic.

If they were never his choices in life, then guess what? He failed as a human being to adapt and take charge. And any millennial numale who relates to him is the same way, unable to take charge of his own life because he's weak and deserves to be weeded from the genepool.

I have zero sympathy for people who blame "the system" instead of trying to pull themselves up. That's literal nigger logic.

You're sad. Not thinking personal failings are the biggest issue is the same exact excuse "oppressed" minorities and women used constantly to excuse their own ineptitude.

It resonated a lot with me. Because I am also a shitty movie.

But yes most people are self-absorbed cunts and they don't follow simple rules. My biggest pet peeve is the assholes that park in the fire lanes around here and the lazy shitlord cops that never tell them to move or write them tickets.

>The movie is a cathartic portrayal of the betrayal of the American Dream.

The American Dream never existed. It was always a false carrot-on-a-stick to keep the masses from rioting.

How about not work in a sector where he can easily be replaced or dismissed? How about proving himself as a leader and getting noticed so he can rise to the top?

Did you seriously think you were entitled to anything special by being unremarkable? The world doesn't owe you anything you don't take for yourself.

This movie is dogshit and none of you hate nerds would even like it if the main character wasn't white (inb4 jews aren't white).

First, he goes postal BECAUSE HE CAN'T WORK 9-5, because he's been laid off.
Second, you're not supposed to literally sympathize with killing people over all-day breakfast, dumbfuck. You're supposed to sympathize with the feelings of resentment at the way the world is changing.

No you dumbfuck. It was his fault. It was always his fault.

He chose a job where he would never advance enough so that he couldn't be fired. He chose a wife that would become a vindictive bitch instead of someone he could control. Or maybe she was easier to control and he lost control, which is even more pathetic.

The world is constantly changing. And everyone in it either adapts or gets left behind. That's kind of how environment works.

Funny how most others around him seemed to get by without going postal and taking hostages.

>Hate nerds
The way you intended should either be a single word or have a hyphen.

>bringing up race in 2016
Oh yeah the only thing this generation is good for is bringing up this bullshit.

>He chose a job where he would never advance enough so that he couldn't be fired. He chose a wife that would become a vindictive bitch instead of someone he could control. Or maybe she was easier to control and he lost control, which is even more pathetic.
Let me guess, you're in the perfect career with the perfect wife and things are going to stay perfect forever, right?
>The world is constantly changing. And everyone in it either adapts or gets left behind. That's kind of how environment works.
Changes only happen because people make them. They're not a fact of nature.
>Funny how most others around him seemed to get by without going postal and taking hostages.
Try reading my second paragraph again buddy. The violence is just an exaggeration.

>Let me guess, you're in the perfect career with the perfect wife and things are going to stay perfect forever, right?
If I'm ever not, I'll know it was because I lost control and couldn't play the game, not make some shitty excuse about how the system and everyone in it screwed me over.

>Changes only happen because people make them. They're not a fact of nature.
They are actually. Unless you literally don't believe in physics.

The violence is just an exaggeration.
Oh it's supposed to be "artsy." A poetic, new age metaphor right? Fuck off.

what, were they already working on the lightning II in the 90's?

surprised there isn't a 'falling down' syndrome for people who go have a bad day.

I've already fallen
I can't find my head
It's that I fall in you
Falling Down
Falling Down

The American Dream was fine until feminism won.

He was only Correcting your Record, user.

>Funny how most others around him seemed to get by without going postal and taking hostages.

Because almost everyone else he meets is younger than him and too dumb to realize their world is going to hell around them because they're so used to it, like that dumb Burger King cashier who thinks its acceptable to deny people breakfast three minutes after the cut off instead of just being a decent human being and letting him buy it.

>The violence is just an exaggeration.
>Oh it's supposed to be "artsy." A poetic, new age metaphor right? Fuck off.

Not him. I agree with you on everthing except this. If they wanted the film to be not exaggerated and realistic than the film probably wouldn't feature a single man who in one day holds up a burgerhouse with a bag full of stolen guns and goes around shooting bazookas in public places like that. The whole movie is clearly meant to start off as an over the top rage-fueled powerfantasy actionmovie that let's you root for the underdog.

tl;dr

Memeing or not, if you truly want to convince someone that women shouldn't vote maybe you should make some sort of easy to understand infographic.
Cred Forums loves those, makes it look all scientific and shit.

wow that was a load of shit

>Because almost everyone else he meets is younger than him and too dumb to realize their world is going to hell around them

Yes, the world is going to hell because a single fast food joint followed protocols too strictly.

You are a fucking moron.

>
How about not work in a sector where he can easily be replaced or dismissed? How about proving himself as a leader and getting noticed so he can rise to the top?

this board is for +18

So why are you here?

men are replaceable

when men know that men are replaceable, they go insane

Get a job

No. It's the touchstone of the angry and powerless. It's a fantasy about how you can be powerful by meaningless violence when in fact all it does is make you an antisocial criminal and more isolated and powerless.

I have one. Maybe you should get a job that involves actual skill and job security.

I've seen things written in shit on a toilet wall that make more sense than that.

>Maybe you should get a job that involves actual skill and job security.

is this bait? the jobs that require more skills and real knowledge are the most replaceable

the jobs that require bullshitting like business managers and CEO's are the ones that are the less replaceable because muh system corporations
reasons

wow you really couldnt have reinforced that guys point in a more stereotypical manner

>"I-I'm replaceable because I'm the best! It's only the fatcat managers who rise to the top!"

Yeah you're underage.

as an example, see how engineers are replaceable while "the ideas guys" and the "schedule make guys" aren't

>be making the necessary calculations for the pipelines in a power plant to make the energy use minimal while transporting the water in vapor form

>some business manager asshole thinks it's good idea to fuck up your plans and put a cauldron in fucking nowhere wasting a lot of money and energy to transport water there

>he thinks it's your fault and uses his power to make everyone in the superior ranks to believe it changing name firms and blueprints

yeah but it's because i don't try hard enough amirite

>see how something anecdotal or made up happens

Okay.

Gee, it's almost like it's a shitty company that won't last very long.

Oh wait, this is the part where you say that everything everywhere is broken and that's why all the planes are falling out of the sky and dams and bridges are collapsing and power plants everywhere are experiencing meltdowns.

for someone that trust a lot in the natural justice of personal achievements you trust too much in corporations and governments

if you want to be an ancap at least be consistent

fucking retards.
that was 100/100, clearly written by somebody whose intellect faggots like you could not even begin to understand.
this kind of situation always makes me think that if the 4 of us were together in a room you 2 would know after 2 seconds you are inferior.

Kill all white people.

It'd probably have to be your room since you never leave it.

Does all that shitposting make you feel better about being a failure son?

>youtube.com/watch?v=hLmuF-0P4tk

Well things are back to the way they were in Britain. Pound is at it's lowest in 31 years. Just like the good old days :_)

Uh, I think there was more to it than just stress and taking ownership of one's life. There's a lot of mental illness at play with more than one character.

d fens didn't chimp out for one
> Cred Forums

come on now little man, we both know that isn't true

This is actually true. The ultimate problem he had, the reason his world was crumbling was his wife took his child away from him. He wasn't allowed to see her, and why? Because his wife didn't want him to. What were her reasons for that? Nothing but him getting a little overwrought once in awhile. Instead of working with him on it, she took his child away and he's probably paying alimony for her house as well.

Combine that with noticing how the entire western society is going completely to shit, yeah he was mad. If you think he doesn't have a right to be, if you aren't mad yourself . . . you're the fucking cancer.

>correlation equals causation

No matter how many times this person implies such, it's still not true. They also say several things that are factually incorrect.

>The American Dream never existed.

Leftist bullshit to draw attention away from the fact that American prosperity for the working class was demolished by woman entering the workforce.

>wrecking the convenience store
>blowing up the construction workers

forgot allowing the guy on the golf course to die

source?

>this thread is unironic

Holy christ this world is gonna be such a better place when you all kill yourselves

>Id probably kill my wife if she cheats/leaves be if im honest.
Good for you for realizing this.
Now start to think about how it might not be a good idea for you to start a relationship until you've figured out what causes you the feel that way and maybe try to get rid of it. (if you have the desire to be in a relationship that is)

W E W L A D
E
W
L
A
D

This doesn't resonate with me as a free-market libertarian. The plastic surgeon is rewarded for his work because there's more demand for his work and his skillset is considered much more valuable to the layperson than your ability to build missiles which wouldn't have existed or provided for you in the first place if it wasn't for the innovation provided by the free market.

>Now start to think about how it might not be a good idea for you to start a relationship until you've figured out what causes you the feel that way and maybe try to get rid of it. (if you have the desire to be in a relationship that is)

It's called evolution. Monogamy is a reproductive strategy to ensure that a male actually successfully reproduced, and isn't just raising another man's child. The inclination to punish adulterous behavior is the natural extension of monogamy.

>free-market libertarian

Anarcho-Capitalism =/= Libertarianism

It's also called being kind of a dick.
Take note that you never specified the reasons as to why your hypothetical wife might leave you.
This makes me think you might have problems seeing yourself as the cause of problems.

also
>Appeal to nature

>Can't believe this movie is now over 20 years old and yet it seems more relevant than ever.
v for vendetta

Would make a great planet of the apes sequel.

>>I'm the bad guy? How'd that happen? I did everything (((they))) told me to... (((They))) lied to me!

For someone who claims to fight for the little man, you sure don't seem confident in his ability to be self-sufficient and reliable.

How was he supposed to know the USSR was going to collapse?

It's not in my job description to sit here and give you a history lesson, kid. Get out there and look into it and you'll see society started this downfall in the 60s right around when women became "empowered".

lol, clever.

He's not the bad guy. He's not the good guy. He's the product of his system. He does bad things and they're inexcusable, but he exists solely as a personification of the rage the everyman feels going through the every day modern struggle. It's literally figuratively too deep for sjws to understand.

He married that wife.

If you can't read crazy and vindictive in a woman within the first few dates, you deserve what you get.

I've never had that problem with any girl I've been with, as soon as I detected even a single red flag I would drop them like toilet paper.

DF was obviously a desperate beta loser that fell for and married the first whore that fucked him.

Idiot got what he deserved.

>He's not the bad guy. He's not the good guy. He's the product of his system.

Nice SJW logic.

>He's the victim of systematic oppression!

He's not deep at all, tripfaggot. He removed himself from his environment because he could no longer adapt. He wasn't a product of the system, he was a defective component.

Thanks for reminding me to filter by the way.

Me again.

Sorry if my last post sounded like i was making fun of you, I'm genuinely trying to help. If you want have any semblance of a healthy relationship with someone, you are gonna have to be honest with that person for it to work, or atleast eventually. If she finds out that you hold you yourself are convinced that you are going to kill your partner if she ever decides to leave you this will raise a NUCLEAR red flag for her. Don't expect anyone to willingly spend the rest of their life with you in what is basically a hostage situation.
If you love and care about raising your child well, you should realize that a homesituation like the one i just described is going to 100% fuck his shit up.

So please man, if you really want a fulfilling relationship one day but keep having these thoughts, try to bring it up with someone you trust 100%. See if you can find professional help on the terms that you don't get in trouble.
(but then again, you haven't done anything yet)
My plebeian analysis is that you seem willing for love, but at the same time so afraid of rejection that you sabotage yourself in achieving said love.

You referred to evolution in your post, wich i might suspect means you attribute value to passing on your genes. If this is your main goal over a relationship and family environment, try to go wild and spread the world with your semen via seedbanks or whatever fetish preggo networks.

Whatever you do, just try to convince yourself that hurting others in your quest for love and security in life is incredibly counter-intuitive.

Don't fall down user
>pic related

>How was he supposed to know the USSR was going to collapse?

What about that has to do with being unable to find a new job or being late 40s/early 50s and still being an expendable drone instead of working upper management?

Nah, the guy's just a whiny spoiled bitch.

>muh insurance money

Insurance ain't gonna pay out for that shit, especially after the cop testifies in court that that was his motive.

>If she finds out that you hold you yourself are convinced that you are going to kill your partner if she ever decides to leave you this will raise a NUCLEAR red flag for her.
fug
it's over 5 in the morning already, i really need to go to bed.
What i meant was:
>If she finds out that you're convinced that you're going to kill your partner if she ever decides to leave you, this will raise a NUCLEAR red flag for her.

I think the best thing movie does is capture the aesthetics of having to work in a city you hate, and being caught in a rut. The movie is like one big day-dream while he's stuck waiting in mid-summer prime-time LA traffic: "what if I just went postal right now?" and the ending was him coming back to reality.

That was really the best thing about it. He wakes up and realizes there was probably a better way to handle his situation, but by then it was too late. Everyone has bad days, it just hit him harder because he only just realized he hated his life and probably should've changed gears years ago.

Wow some people really have zero empathy, huh? No wonder this world is so shit nowadays.

>fuck everybody who gets shit on by life for reasons outside of their control, I got mine!

>be entitled white male
>mad that you for once in your life have to experience 1/100th of the discrimination and systematic oppression that PoC experience everyday
>play the victim while running around inflicting violence on the rest of society

Really shows how weak the average white is lmao

Modern society in a nutshell. Only with more name calling and race baiting.

>entitled

Stopped reading right there.

Well it's not like he was the good guy so...

>I don't understand how anyone can relate to him

Lack of empathy is a sign of autism.

I literally said the things he does an inexcusable. Are you telling me that SJWs don't go full defence mode when black lives matter burns down a suburb?

>He's not deep
I said the movie is too deep for SJWs. I didn't say the character is deep or that the movie itself is deep. In the same way that shallow pond is too deep for a child, this movie is too intellectually deep for simpletons, which is why they struggle and thrash around when they see it.

>implying American prosperity wasn't demolished by pussies demanding safe working conditions, to get paid even if they're sitting around doing jack shit for an hour, and that everyone get paid for an exorbitant amount for their barely skilled labor.

The American dream relied at can do spirit and willing to be self employed. Not wage cucks dragging down the entire fucking country because they believe everyone should believe in their idea of a fair wage.

Yeah 2bh

It's a classic

Part of the original Cred Forums trilogy

Fight club, v for vendetta, falling down

So he's just a white BLM analogue?

I don't find that very sympathetic.

You sound like literal niggers.

k lol

back to Cred Forums sweetie

>it's a nu male cuck gets scared of postal man episode

Yes goy, just be a good goy and buy a sports car when you get tired of this shit world :^)

>sweetie

>>/reddit/

>Yes goy, just be a good goy

Can you fucking stop with this shit? Thanks.

Only nu male cucks would empathize with this beta loser.

>"wah i can't make it in life and control my own family situation, better take hostages and commit suicide like a millennial shitter"

>movie is male patrician that women "just dont get"
>movie is SO patrician that nu males also dont get it

It only gets better with time.

Did you even watch the movie?

>hurr just go with the flow man just like coexist haha

Explain what there is to get.

>goy confirmed

>hurr durr if I give the Jew my hard earned shekels and get a sports car and new wrist watch, that'll show everyone!!

Nah m8, fuck off back to r*ddit with your good goy mentality.

You're probably pissing your pants thinking about how your pathetic cuckold life could be taken from you in the snap of a finger, by a cool guy like d-fens :^)

If you need it explained then there's no hope for you nu male

I don't even know who's trolling who anymore.

This. The film truly is patrician.

>can't make it in society
>go out like a bitch

Yeah, man. Way to rage against the machine, man. Not gonna play by society's rules anymore, man.

Rejects are the same in every generation. The great thing at least is that you always off yourselves or stay at the fringes of society and out of history's way.

I bet you related to those Mac commercials with Justin Long too.

How many hours per day and across how many boards do you spend shilling against Jews? Genuinely curious.

This guy reminds me Cred Forums

Anyways, at the end he gets fucked, just like Cred Forums

This is approaching Snyder kino levels of b8.

Good work all. Time to take your posts to reddit.

>all those close zoom shots of the public and the seering heat

First time a movie has really made me feel uncomfortable and claustrophobic as fuck.

Reminder the dude that made Batman & Robin made this.

In my point of view, you are he absolute

>r*ddit

Sup reddit. You must be new to think we censor the name of your favorite site here.

You're entire argument is towards people who are rejects out of not trying or not putting effort in.

This movies entire point is that anyones life can be ripped apart and its not their fault. The guy had everything and lost it and had no control over it.

He had every control. He just refused to assert himself on account of being a complete pussy.

He couldn't control his spouse and keep her in line like most men worth their salt would be able to do, he was middle aged and still an expendable wageslave drone instead of being his own boss or working upper management.

He settled for mediocrity and got exactly that.

If you find him relatable you're probably the same way and you'll get no sympathy from me.

This, it's like those Carrier employees. The hardest working, most well-adjusted, normal, successful family men on the assembly line had their jobs eliminated along with everyone else in the factory through absolutely no fault of their own by forces completely outside of their control.

Don't really understand the smug condescension towards people like DFENS ITT. It could happen to anyone, which is the film resonates so well with so many people. This is reality of "free market" modern global capitalism.

>being so new you don't know Cred Forums censors back to r*ddit

Exposed yourself 2bh

>He settled for mediocrity and got exactly that.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with being a cog in the machine and plenty of people have fulfilling lives being wage workers in factories. It used to be that the wages from a union job in a factory would be enough for a HS graduate to support a family and middle-class lifestyle. The problem is he kept up his end of the bargain, his employers, the politicians, and policy makers did not. He did everything right and still got fucked.

D-FENS is just the fantasy of every man who is expected to soldier on and be thankful for the opportunity to do thankless things. Do your job, don't ask for help, don't expect any gratitude and don't complain.

Itt: we realise Cred Forums has been taken over by nu male cucks who get scared of postal alpha males

Oh, OK. So if you dont have a guaranteed secure $400,000 salary and completely subservient wife you are literally a loser.

>The hardest working, most well-adjusted, normal, successful family men on the assembly line had their jobs eliminated along with everyone else in the factory through absolutely no fault of their own

Oh boo fucking hoo. Your worth isn't determined by how well you fall in line, it's by how well you adapt and work the system in your favor.

It's always been that way and it will always be that way. That's never going to change, nor should it.

Most assembly line workers are being replaced by machines by the way, is that society's fault too for daring to advance technology?

Survival of the fittest.

Adapt or go extinct.

You're literally a loser if you put yourself in a position where shit could go south with no contingency in place for when it does.

You're a loser if you make it impossible for yourself to be happy and satisfied with your life.

You're a loser if, like D-FENS, you fucking lose.

Ironically you're the biggest cuck ITT and you don't even have enough self-awareness to realize it.

Keep defending your masters though, I'm sure they really appreciate it.

>postal alpha males

That's not alpha, that's called being a Supreme Gentleman.

No matter how satisfied or happy you are, no matter who is a "loser" by someone's subjective opinion, everyone dies at random and goes into a box or turned to ash and put into a smaller box. Literally nothing matters.

Keep raging impotently against the game because you were too inept and stupid to win at it, loser.

No one will miss you when you're gone. :^)

>nothing matters

Then that includes D-FENS and everyone like him.

Maybe he should've pursued a life of pleasure and immediate satisfaction instead of cucking himself into an early grave.

k lol

youtube.com/watch?v=qFeKOrU7W0k

This is you btw.

I'm not opening that, thanks for giving me the option.

But this is you.

Notice how I didn't give you an option.

That's why I win and you lose.

>adapt and take charge

Care to explain how he might have done this?

thanks

>Everything good that happens to me is because I earned it, everything bad that happens to everybody else is because THEY earned it

t. retarded American

By not marrying the first woman who fucked him, by maintaining dominance throughout their marriage, and by trying to get noticed at work for being management material instead of keeping his head down his whole career. Or barring that, keeping his options open and exploring better job prospects and having friends who can hook him up when shit goes tits up. You know, things that should be doable if you have any social skills whatsoever.

I fucking hate people who say they lost control over their lives. You always have control over how you deal with a situation and how you feel about it.

Unless you're literally a political prisoner being tortured in a Siberian gulag, you always have options if you stand up and fight instead of going down like a little bitch.

It's true though.

It's got a lot of funny moments and it's a cathartic movie about wanting to just scream at the world, but in the end he's just a giant whiny bitch that should have shot himself.

Its funny because you will likely never achieve anything like this in life yourself. OR your wife will leave you after like 10 years and you'll finally understand this movie.

If that's your real belief, then nothing I do will ever convince you. All I can say to you is that you have far less control over your existence than you believe you do, and I truly, desperately hope you never find out exactly just how little.

And I have an amazing life. But I don't pretend it was 100% my doing.

No, what's funny is you're projecting your own insecurities onto others and thinking no one will call you out on it.

It's the other way around.

Most people have more control than they realize.

I actually wouldn't debate that at all, but people think they have no control, so having any is more than they realize.

But you're a fucking lunatic or an incredibly lucky person if you think you have as much control as the poster I was replying to.

I think the real issue is that people seem to miss the point of DF's character arc, which was that he finally realized he could take some initiative in his life. The problem was that he didn't know what to do with it because he kept it bottled up for so long. He didn't know how to direct his energy into taking back his life, so he ended up lashing out instead.

I agree with the assessment about the movie, but that guy was implying every single citizen has full control over their life.

This is patently absurd. That doesn't make Michael Douglas's character sympathetic though.

>He didn't know how
Ok, tell us how king.

It's different for every individual, but I'd say basically anything other than what he ended up doing.

He took hostages and got himself killed, leaving his daughter without a father. As a middle class working man without any disabilities, I'd say his situation was far from needing to resort to terrorism.

No, cus I know I won't achiever massive success. I'm OK with a mediocre life mate .

You think you're going to be some big shit and when you fail then who will blame lol

>if you don't try, you'll never fail!

You do that. I'm just glad successful men throughout history didn't think like you.

Or else we'd still be in the Stone Age.

So now you're saying its OK to fail as long as you try? Yet your entire argument has been if you fail its YOUR fault and ONLY your fault.

Not very consistent pal

It is your fault. It's also your fault if you choose to let that failure define you and prevent you from ever pursuing success. Most success stories in history were preceded by failures.

That's called life, genius. If you can't take a bloody nose and know the meaning of picking yourself up after you fall, you'll still have no one to blame but yourself at the end of the day.

lemme guess
you are a straight white man.

if your "dream" applies for only straight white men instead of all citizens of america, it's not "american dream", it's "straight white men's dream" or "dream of KKK".

that's why it's not a dream, it's just a capitalistic nightmare.

The american dream is for white people.

Niggers and spics should hang from trees.

>The american dream is for white people.
good goy,
now be a good cracker and suck jew overlords' dick

Who is this pretty spaghetti?

I aspire to be Dfens

Mary Winstead

>its a gorlation dunt egul galisation

and jumping from bridges doesn't equal death, it's just a correlation bro!

just sip some battery acid bro, its just a correlation to die!

>correlation equals causation

No, but it is a strong indication of causation, and in the absence of means to rigorously examine the causation it's more than permissable to conflate the two. The entirety of quantum physics is based on assuming correlated events are causal because there's so little of it that we can directly investigate.

See what you've got to do user is instead of just reading words on the internet and remembering them you've got to actually think about what the words mean.

Everybody that he kills in the film is a cartoonish villain stereotype with no depth. There is no moral conflict when he kills these people. The film would have gained depth if he had killed some children or innocents.