Why is Carmela written so much better than Skyler?

Why is Carmela written so much better than Skyler?

Everyone I know whos seen breaking bad hates skyler, myself included

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Dj6E7Z1dNv8&t=132s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Because Breaking Bad is Dexter with drugs. It's a shit show.

it has nothing to do with the writing but the actress

Anna Gunn is inherently ugly and annoying so you can't help but hate her no matter what

she played some innocuous quite house wife in Deadwood and I still couldn't stand her

Anna Gunn takes characters and makes them completely insufferable. Her insufferable nature is probably why she was cast in the first place

Because Breaking Bad never attempted to make Skylar likable, she had this aura of bitchiness about her from the very beginning of the series. Wasn't it the pilot episode where it's Walt's birthday and all he gets is a hand job? What a worthless fucking wife

Sopranos does a far better job of showing things from Carmela's perspective, and she is simply a far more nuanced character. Skylar is the housewife equivalent of a mustache-twirling villain

Becuae as fucked up as tony and walt are, we still cheer for them. They are the protaganists. So people that support them are cool and people that fuck up their plans and make their lives difficult are annoying

Anna Gunn is a cunt, and so was the character. Even though she's arguably the most sympathetic character outside of Jesse, his gf, and her dad, Skyler is at no point likeable. She is as awful as Walt is.

Because The Sopranos is a better written show. Compare "I FUCKED TED" to this:

youtube.com/watch?v=Dj6E7Z1dNv8&t=132s

Carmela could be insufferable at times, like when she nagged Tony or stole his money and acted holier than thou.

Her character was just much better at it than Skyler.

I think skyler was supposed to be the moral character in Breaking Bad. The writers just couldn't handle making her likeable.

Because Carmela has a genuine arc from complacency to strength. Skyler's "arc" is moving from a irrational shrill hag to a self-righteous shrill hag who is totally oblivious to her hypocrisy.

Not to mention that the actress playing Carmela is much more talented.

Carmella was like a real person, Skyler was just a cunt in the way

Even if you hate skylar for the legit reasons you should, which is having an affair instead of walking off with the kids, that picture is fucking stupid. It's like you people have never seen the Godfather. Skylar might have been an annoying white bitch but Carmella is a retarded gold digger who actually signed up to put her family in danger for handbags and nails.

She smoked cigarettes while pregnant. I don't find that very moral.

Best wife coming through.

W E W L A D
E
W
L
A
D

I can never forget fat Betty

Carmella was legitimately useful; ie: the spec house.

Skyler contributed nothing to the household.

The two series are very similar. Both star the alpha male of the household, with his useless son, and bitch wife.

The sopranos just managed to do it so, so much better.

Knew it was going to be a clip from "Whitecaps" before I even opened the link.

$40,000 from the bird feeder!

walt is not an alpha male. he didn't have the charisma to fuck that other teacher

nice b8 m8

Thats a good weeks pay for Tony, he didn't give a shit about the money, he gave a shit because he didn't want Carmela to be gone and independent.

Walt is the alpha of his family.

Both are underrated actresses.

Skyler got pretty milfy later on

I was just having a bit of fun user.

She looked like a fucking tranny is the last season.

a best

Didn't watch the last season

she was always an ugly cunt during the shows run

I loved Gunn in Deadwood though.

That whole "wanna fuck" conversation with Bullock was a weird boner.

happy dutiful wives makes for bad television

>implying

Except Dexter actually had characters

Skyler had no reason to be a cunt in the beginning, she was always mean to Walt

Carmella remained faithful and loyle to Tony when she had good reasons to leave him

>Becuae as fucked up as tony and walt are, we still cheer for them
I didn't cheer for Tony. Well at first i did, but then he became fucking cunt.

Did Carmella have an affair? I dont remember this.

no

really stupid characters

I don't think either of them are likable. Walt was at first, but sometime in season 3 I found myself hating his guts, Jessie is the only character I cheered for.

Yes, but she and Tony were separated at the time. Some would call that cheating, others might not

The chick on the right is way hotter.

t. didn't watch either program

>loyle
Retard or Syrian refugee?

it's a meme ya dip

Im just busting balls here

Never noticed that Tony shouts "Poor You!" like Livia Sorpano would. Even though he despised his mother she rubbed off on him.

Because Cahm was raised to stand behind her man and support him no matter what. Sometimes she thought she wouldn't be able to handle it, but she stuck with Tony no matter what. She was a product of a different culture and a different generation.

t. closet faglord

>loyle
Kek

t. newfanook

I'd say that's good acting then.

>unlikable = badly writter

in this case it's true, Carmela is a far more complex character which helps to make her likable. Skylar is on bitch-mode 24/7

You think Skyler is a bitch?
You should watch Six feet under and you will see the real bitch mom.

Carmela was an manipulative whore not far from trash through and through.

Skyler knew right from wrong and had a conscience that she couldn't abandon even if she tried.

I tried to get into that show but it seemed like a big-budget soap opera and nothing more, dropped it in season 1. Don't remember much except the guy from Sports Night is in it, Dexter played an uptight fag and the redheaded sister was designed for breeding

>Becuae as fucked up as tony and walt are, we still cheer for them. They are the protaganists. So people that support them are cool and people that fuck up their plans and make their lives difficult are annoying

Exactly this, there's an image contrasting hatred of Skylar with love of Hannibal "so badass, I hope he kills dozens more people this episode!"

yeah she turned her kid into a retard by smoking while he was in the womb shes a real class act

Yeah Vince really fucked up there
Can't believe the writers didn't bother googling causes of cerebral palsey

>criticises Walt for cooking meth
>cooks the books

you are gay user

Skylar and the actress are both very unlikeable

WHOA FAT BETTY BAM-A-LAM