I'm in a mood for a Michael Mann movie. Which one should I watch...

I'm in a mood for a Michael Mann movie. Which one should I watch? Collateral and Insider are the only ones I've seen recently

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9tjdswqGGVg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Miami Vice is criminally underrated

I hear the same about most of his movies except for Public Enemies and Keep which everyone agrees are a failure and Heat which everyone agrees is a masterpiece

Can't go wrong with Heat.

Heat

The only reason I didn't recommend Heat is because I either assumed you haven't seen it yet and because that's usually the go-to recommendation for anyone recommending Mannkino.

Thief is also a good one; he cut his teeth working on that one with James Caan

youtube.com/watch?v=9tjdswqGGVg

Always worth a watch 2bh

Michael Mannhunter

Heat is the one to see first of course. But I want to go deeper.

The 9gag choice: Collateral
The reddit choice: Heat
The facebook choice: The Last of the Mohicans
The sensible choice: The Insider

The Insider was all right. Not as disappointing as Frost/Nixon but still nothing special. I didn't make me fascinated with the world of media like it's the second All the President's Men. Heat will never be beaten but it's interesting to see what can came close.

All of them in release order

The Insider was good and Russell Crowe+Pacino were great in it but it didn't have the gunplay I crave. Last of the Mohicans is my mom's favorite movie so I might see that next

Hopefully he's got a few movies left in him and after the Ferrari biopic he'll be back in a more brutal setting. No matter what historical period.

Don't listen to anyone who tells you that Blackhat is good

At least it shows hacking right.

THIEF

Miami VIce could have been a really great movie if they had stuck the landing. The last gunfight was really anti climactic for a Mann film.

It's alright if you don't take it too seriously.

Right. Blackhat is criminally underrated.

Man Hunter fo shizzle fawg

The /k/ inside did enjoy the closeups of the gunplay and the huge variety of weapons on show (especially Jamie Foxx killing the dude with the giant buckshot round from a grenade launcher, it reminded me of Tubbs toting around a double-barreled sawnoff as his sidearm in the series). But it was pretty lazily choreographed as a whole and lacked tension in the same way a gunfight from an old western did.