Are there any movies out there from the last 30 years that actually show American Indians as savages instead of victims...

Are there any movies out there from the last 30 years that actually show American Indians as savages instead of victims to the evil white man?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qdD9YUeBDlI
listal.com/list/blood-meridian-fan-cast
vimeo.com/28989315
historytoday.com/tim-stanley/two-cheers-conquistadors
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Hitler claimed native Americans are Aryan. How does that make you feel?

bone tomahawk?

And Mormons claim that they're Jewish so how does that make you feel?

Every body knows that Mormonism is just a cult.

Mormons didn't do half the shit for the white race that Uncle Adolf did.

>dude magic underwear lmao
>dude colt m1911 lmao
>dude files kept on every american citizen inside a secret mountain hideout lmao

Last of the Mohicans

Coincidentally made by Michael "The" Mann

The Revenant only has one friendly Native character, of the Pawnee tribe. The rest are hostiles who double cross fur traders and frontiermen, then cry that their land was being attacked.

>go into the neighbor's house
>start building some furniture or some shit in the middle of the living room
>get asked to get out
>refuse while brandishing a gun
>get asked more aggresively
>still refuse
>get shot at
>yell for help
>dozens of soldiers in blue uniform burst through the doors, exterminate the occupants of the house and give you the keys and the house papers.
>buhuhuuuu I got shot!!! ;_;

Bone Tomahawk kinda

they didn't believe in owning land, so your house analogy fails

Yeah but Nazis were a cult and didn't survive did they? At least Mormons got their lebensraum

Also Last of the Mohicians

>they didn't believe in owning land
But they did, considering that indian tribes were going to war with eachother* over territory and hunting grounds all the fucking time, especially pre-colonization.

>* = a fact you types cite all the time to "debunk the "noble savage myth""

You know that scalping was taught to them by the Spanish, right?

They were both.
Just because they were treated unfairly doesn't mean they weren't horrible savages.
Just because they were savages it doesn't mean they weren't treated unfairly.

>what is right by conquest

>what is shifting the goalposts

The Revenant does a pretty good job at presenting members of every group as both villeins and victims.

every one knows that. its for wigs. look at the mona lisa. the person has a wig on. the line near the hair line is visible and not a crack or error. the wigs were skinned human pelts

this is what dumb people fail to understand, there are so many topics exactly like this, why are people so fucking stupid ?

So if someone comes along and claims they own the land then the Indians would oppose that claim.

That's where your counter to that house analogy fails.

>what is humanity has matured a little more and we can now see the errors of our ancestors

Its almost as if there's assholes everywhere regardless of race or ethnicity.

It's not a movie, but the tv show "hell on wheels".

dope ass movie

so what? this has happened to literally every culture in human history.

People feel like they need to pick one of two sides on every topic, even when the truth likely lies in the middle.

It's almost as if that's a worthless platitude to obfuscate the fact that some cultures are plainly inferior and encourage savage behaviour to a greater degree than others.

Not in such a hypocritical manner. We cant even make a wikipedia article called "American invasion of Indian country" because it was such a slow and perfidious process.
And then to put the cheerry on top of the cake, you let them live on little zoos where they have to live sad lives with no recources available to improve anything but their own conqueror's "merciful" welfare. Just so you dont feel so bad.

Native American Aryan masterrace reporting in

>Watching Dead Man in /film/ class
>time for user to write a review
>say that Director is self flagellating himself for being a "stupid fucking white man"

Did I do good Cred Forums bros, will my teacher hate me now?

500 broken treaties is not "savage" but it is still evil. White collar evil-ness, like finding a legal loophole to evict your tenants or some fuckery of the same kind.
Just because it was made through a bureaucracy doesnt make it moral.

Exactly. Which is why we should stop the Muslim and Mexican immigration.

We have direct quotes by people saying they're invasions.

>savages
Equally shitty meme.

Black Robe
>Midget shaman
>Indians torturing Europeans and other tribes
>Priest is a true man of God

youtube.com/watch?v=qdD9YUeBDlI

>scalping people is a-OK in my book of relativity

Dude. Not a single culture in the world previous to the XX century could be expected of real mercy and justice as we understand it today.

"Christians" had public behadings, hangings and quarterings wich people PAYED to see. They payed for a seat to see those things as if it was the movie theater and they brought their children to see. Witch burnings and the inquisition were not a meme. This obviously also applies to arabs, chinese, native americans, kangz, ancient egyptians, etc. Everybody were savages. But some savages had "legal" bureaucratuc ways of doing things and so they felt a little tiny bit less of a savage than the rest.

Westerner immigrants also scalped to blame murders on the indigenous people.

Which director has the balls to turn this in to a kino?

some were chill as fuck and got shafted by history for no good reason but others just had to be put down since their lifestyle was not compatible with our new world: it was traditional for them to raid ; sack and burn as a complement to their rudimentary agriculture and hunting.

His point still stands.

>a continent spanning millions of square miles is a house!
this is how dumb you sound

The Last Of The Mohicans.

Thw film shows well the nature of warfare and how it transcends petty notions of race, religion and the like.

You see the grand spectacle of British vs Americans playing out before you and to most historically this was white man's devilish ways encroaching in to the 'Le noble Indians' lands.

And yet, during the film you've got one Indian tribe at war with another, both Native both killing each other for their own reasons. These people were at war with each other long before the Europeans ever got there; both being Indian native didn't stop them fighting, likewise for the White's being Christians of the same race, they too had their reasons for fighting.

And as for savagery, I find it slightly amusing that the Natives, right to the end, solve their battle by killing each other with nothing resolved while the Colonials eventually solve their battle amicably.

Scalping is nothing compared to the tortures the Old World cultures routinely afflicted on one another

Yes

Oh god, I want it so bad but I'm terrified it'll be raped.

James Franco owns he rights to the film though...

Still, if it was a thee hour epic it'd be fucking electrifying. Innuarto has the aesthetic quality for a film like this I'd say but what concerns me more is the actors.

This list here is actually pretty damn good although Kingpin could play the Judge as well: listal.com/list/blood-meridian-fan-cast

Ignore the director/write at the bottom though Fukunaga might actually be able to do good with a film like this.

I think this film will happen at some stage but it's need to be a no holds barred kinda;' deal.

Jerimiah Johnson

post the webm

The Searchers

They're savages but they didn't force you whiteys to be there did they. Same with niggers. You brought them to the US. They didn't come willingly. So, you have to pay for your retarded ancestors.

Greatest native American scene coming through

vimeo.com/28989315

what mean this

>injun tribes spent hundreds of years killing and raping each other
>white people show up and do it better
>suddenly the white people are the villains

I agree. Destroy Palestine.

>people who unequivocally won
>unequivocally

>European explorers arrive
>unintentionally introduce virulent diseases then go back to Europe to tell everybody about this bomb ass new continent they found
>while they're gone diseases spread rapidly through continent
>estimated that as much as 90% of the population is killed off
>huge swathes of land are now empty
>settlers arrive a couple generations later
>find some of that empty land
>begin settling
>natives getting butthurt cause their grandparents told them it used to be their land
>attack them, but get pushed back
>uneasy peace for years as more and more settlers arrive
>now most of the natives are scared, even the ones who didn't have their land taken are wary of this growing threat
>massive fucking war erupts between various colonies and native tribes, in some cases natives end up fighting natives because their grudges against one another predate the colonists by centuries and they see this as a chance to get even
>colonists exploit native greed and infighting to expand their hold on the continent
>by the time natives realize they've been exploited it's too late

>First, the disease that crippled Mexico may have been native to Central America. The invaders were equally affected and could not recognise the symptoms. The Aztecs did and they had given it a name long before the Spanish arrived because it had already dramatically reduced their numbers. They called it Cocoliztli and biologists today identify it as a form of Ebola spread by rats.

historytoday.com/tim-stanley/two-cheers-conquistadors

stop having a meme-off on my board

I was speaking of the USA territories not so much Mexico, I don't know as much about what down in central America.