Does The Room really deserve its reputation as the worst movie of all time?

Does The Room really deserve its reputation as the worst movie of all time?

If you replaced Tommy with a different lead actor, rewrote some of the dialogue and shortened the sex scenes, it'd be at least a mediocre drama. There are plenty of obscure TV shows with similar writing that don't get nearly as much hate.

A few years ago, yes

But today? Move over Tommy, the new king is here

It's not the worst movie ever because it's fucking hilarious.

If you look at The Room or Freddy Got Fingered as garbage you either take life or yourself too seriously and I wouldn't have a beer with oyu

DUDE BEER LMAO

if you do everything you suggested then it would be a different movie. maybe it would be better, maybe not, but it wouldn't be the same

No.

Is it bad? Yes.

But, there are a LOT of made-on-video movies out there that are just outright terrible -- moreso than The Room.

The Room is pretty bad, but it's only considered "the worst movie of all time" because so many people know about it and don't really watch bad movies.

>i just like to watch

Tommy reminds me so much of the hunchback and gives off a rapey vibe

why does johnny cum when he grips denny's hair?

No, by virtue of being entertaining it isn't the worst movie of all time.
Manos for example is worse.

Are you telling me this is worse than any of Spike Lee's films? Don't make me laugh, OP.

So no mention of cancer?
The cringe flower scene?
No establishing shots of San Fran?
No actor swap out midway through the film?

What about the couple who have sex in his place?

Worst movie of all time is The Box.

It doesn't. It's overrated in that it's not so bad it's good. It's just mediocre.

Whoa, whoa, whoa. Freddy Got Fingered was competently made. Tom Green knew exactly what he was making. There's a world of difference between that and The Room.

they're inherently funny in their own respects I wasn't trying to draw a gross parallel - but to this day I refuse to believe tommy didn't know what he was doing and he made one of the most amusing surrealistic humors ever

>tfw Tommy Wiseau turns out to have been not only sane, but an absolute genius who did this all intentionally

>if you changed significant aspects of the movie, it wouldn't be so bad
so what?

I like to think of it as The Producers. It's just too much of a funny and an enjoyable movie, Wisau must have made it the way it is on purpose to try and make a movie so bad, people liked it and it got renown.

Every fucking Troma movie is objectively worse. True fact.

>there's gonna be an adaption about the producion of this movie based on the book "The Disaster Artist"
>by Seth Rogen
it's gonna be less funny than "The Room", that is for sure.

>Does The Room really deserve its reputation as the worst movie of all time?
No. The Room is bad in a very entertaining way. It can be enjoyed many times over.

There are far, far worse movies that are far, far more unwatchable. Manos is pretty much unbearable without the MST3K treatment.

The Trojan Room coffee pot video is funnier than anything Rogen has ever been involved with.

That's like saying is BvS so bad? If you cast different actors as Lex Luthor and Wonder Woman, rewrote some of the dialogue, and shortened the masturbatory dream sequences and bullshit Jesus references, it'd be at least a mediocre capeshit.

I think worst movie is even harder to define than best movie. As soon as something becomes so bad it's good like this, it's now a good movie by VIRTUE of being bad.

I think my personal pick for the worst would be something big-budget, made by real industry professionals, yet still ineptly made and completely uninterested in entertaining, and devoid of care.

I would have to go with Jack and Jill for that dubious honour.

this
In my opinion a trainwreck made by people who were in way over their heads is, even if it's more technically incompetent, way better and more entertaining than some paint by numbers tripe done by people who just didn't give a shit.

Manos the Hands of Fate is a throughly horrendous movie that was shot on a zero budget and just horrendous through and through...there's nothing to laugh at here...this film was brought to light by no one less than Quentin Tarantino, I'm surprised that is so atrociously terrible as it is

There's also Birdemic...some genuinely ridiculous scenes stand out....but word is that the guy only made the movie to sell his app (it was shot with a budget of around 10k I think), and it was a failure on purpose (trying to bank on the so bad it's good wave)

I don't believe The Room was a failure in purpose though, it's a genuinely terrible attempt at making a romance/comedy movie