It's a "B'Elanna ruins the episode" episode

>It's a "B'Elanna ruins the episode" episode.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=o7SXraLd1xA
youtube.com/watch?v=5v69MVQIywk
youtube.com/watch?v=lw-a0I-XA7Q
youtube.com/watch?v=IJs0-hhOZFQ
scifi.stackexchange.com/questions/140790/why-doesnt-jadzia-appear-in-ds9s-final-montage
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

as opposed to whom? b'elanna's one of the best characters on voyager (such as it is)

Can't ruin a pile of rubble.

>it's a B'Elanna and Tom pregnancy episode

They really dropped the ball on the Tom Paris plot line

THICCCCCcccc...

Gotta admit I never found her offensively bad but like most of the cast just bland going on into boring. Maybe I need to watch Voyager again but that is a journey I'd rather not take.

Incidentally there are no attractive images of her to make this post more noticeable. The fuck went on with casting?

she never got slutted up. the most she does is wear a tanktop sometimes. you have to use your imagination

that never happened

so, no episode of the show then.

she was one of the very few watchable/entertaining parts of it.

Nah, man. She lost her appeal the moment she got knocked up.

The voyager crew was boring on purpose. The director specifically instructed the "human" actors to be as boring as possible so the aliens seemed more interesting by contrast. Really, there are tons of actor quotes about this shit.

The problem though is that there were barely any aliens in the "main" cast. Yeah there was Neelix and B'Elanna and Kes, but that's pretty much it, and none of them really had a ton of screentime. There was also Tuvok and 7 of 9 but they don't really count because they were both emotionless and monotone as part of their character.

The end result is a show were 99% of the time, all the actors on the screen are monotone and boring. The ONLY time you got to see some fun, over the top acting was on episodes were B'elanna or Tuvok were freaking out for some alien biology reason.

Compare that to any other Star Trek, and it's like night and day. in TOS everybody overacted. In TNG the human cast had a range of personalities, some of them overacted and some of them were more down to earth. DS9 had almost the whole cast as aliens and only 2 boring monotone humans to balance things out. The only other Trek that has a cast as boring as Voyager is Enterprise.

>bad but like most of the cast just bland going on into boring.

Garrett Wang blames Rick Berman for that. Says he wanted them "professional" and forced them to redo scenes if they got too emotional.

>stuck out in deep space for years without any official oversight
>staying formal

fucking bullshit. Submarines pretty much give up on formalities after a few months undersea and isolated. They should have done it more like Das Boot, were they slowly start caring less about unimportant regulations like uniform code as the series went on. Or fuck, what if they stopped wearing standard uniforms because it's a waste of replicator rations and started wearing hand made stuff?

voyager had so much wasted potential. There was probably a bunch of studio meddling laying down mandates of things they weren't allowed to do in stories. I bet the writers came up with the whole "year of hell" story arc just so that they could finally make voyager they wanted to do it in the first place but the corporate assholes wouldn't let them.

Seriously, imagine if all of Voyager was like Year of Hell. It would be amazing.

>Seriously, imagine if all of Voyager was like Year of Hell.
>all of Voyager
No thanks.

One season would have been good though.

The whole voyager crew just came off as snarky elitists and there was only minimal difference between them all so their relationships came off really bland.

>its a "Garrett Wang didn't direct this episode because the producers hated him and didn't want him to get his D.G.A card" episode

Is there another main character on Star Trek that is more JUST than him?

O'Brien

>>It's a "B'Elanna ruins the series" episode.
fixed

wesley

easily the worst girl

At least they got some sort of character progression

I always got the impression she wasn't acting at all, she was just expressing the bitterness that all black women feel at being considered by far the least attractive of all women

"Commander, tell me about your sexual organs."

Garak and Bashir broship TV show travelling around the galaxy WHEN?

b'elanna is a very underrated waifu tbqh

Does anyone else want Janeway to dominate them?

>Its a B'Elanna and Tom argue about the state of their relationship episode

>Its a B'Elanna violates the Doctors mind and free will so he genetically alters her child against her husbands will episode

Just kill me

raw from overuse

You know, the Janeway actress always gave Jeri Ryan shit for being a sex object.

But the reason that Belanna is a half Klingon and not full is because Full Klingon women are ugly, and she never said shit about that.

Never. Americans are still uncomfortable with actual gay couples on television.

You should see Dr Bashir about that problem. Oh wait, he already knows.

Hello Friends !

>that feel when you've actually thought about if Garak would be on the bottom or not

Neelix is best Trek captain

>hey look! it's the old rapist man that travels around the galaxy with the underage he fucks sometimes, not, but yes.

Fags are gross

Did I hear you say.. More Neelix friend?

Implying you wouldn't pay to watch Garak violate Bashir's boipussy

Let's not beat around the bush.
This is now a Neelix appreciation thread.

Fuck off Neelix

Everybody Loves Neelix

they take turns obviously

Are you me?

>Fucking someone who is literally 1 year old
>Even in her society of people who live for a decade she is still underage because she hasnt gone through puberty

He really was a space pedophile

If you could play a computer simulation of any Star Trek character who would it be and why would it be Mr Neelix?

Especially in one of those moments where Garak goes off the deep end again and literally tears Bashir a new bloody asshole.

Tangy kling on va gina

Morality is 'relative' in the Delta Quadrant Mr Vulcan !

Garak is top
youtube.com/watch?v=o7SXraLd1xA

See I think he's bottom because he doesn't want to be in control. He tortures and interrogates people for a living, and he doesn't want to mix business with pleasure.

He's also actually mentally ill and has no problem killing people so really I have no clue.

For me it would definitely be Neelix because Neelix makes a cracking Gyronian Meatloaf for the whole crew to enjoy.

>Seriously, imagine if all of Voyager was like Year of Hell.

Voyager was amazing, all thanks to Mr Neelix.

Mr Neelix food review when?

>forcing a meme this badly

UPN Trek in a nutshell.

"Computer, eject the warp core."
>The warp core ejects

You're only half right, my friend.

Replicators in our life time please

I just wish my phone could be ordered to do complex tasks like the computer. Enough of this "ok Google" bullshit.

>replicators
>Not holodecks

By the time I am an old fuck they probably will exist actaully

COMPUTER , CREATE AN ADOLF HITLER FULLY AWARE AND SMART ENOUGH TO DEFEAT DATA

can we get a banana thread going?

reminder Dukat did nothing wrong aside from perhaps being to leinient with the Bajoran terrorists, and except when he accidentally got himself stuck on the station while the boobytraps were going off and when he tried to screw over a rival politician by separating that politician from his son, but then he accidentally left a trail of clues and Garak caught him, and maybe that one time he accidentally got that chick pregnant, and when his whole life was ruined when he forgot that the prophets were omnipotent beings inside the wormhole, and one time he tried to convince Sisko that he was perfectly sane, and went about this task by talking to imaginary tulpas, also the whole becoming Space Satan thing might have been ill advised

>The director specifically instructed the "human" actors to be as boring as possible so the aliens seemed more interesting by contrast.

no one thought to fire that fucking idiot immediately?

that's a way a child would think

user was wrong.

It wasn't the director who said this.

It was Rick Berman, executive producer of the entire Star Trek franchise.

>Full Klingon women are ugly

>Y'all came to the wrong quadrant

>Going full Ridge Fever

>Gun targets and a minorah
What did they mean by this?

Clearly it's a tribute to the Jew-orchested police shootings of the early 20th century.

Dats correct, goy, would you care to make a donation to the Bajoran War Orphans fund?

I'm mostly gay but I used to get turned on everytime Roxanne's character got bitchy in a scene, which was often.

>not wanting that ridge slut that Q materialises for Worf
>not wanting to motorboat the Duras mammaries

I must protest!

What about Quark's ex-wife? She's a 10/10 ridgehead.

B'Elanna, Janeway and Tuvok were perfect.

I'm still here guys

>>not wanting to motorboat the Duras mammaries
... Maybe B'Etor. But not Lursa. Never Lursa.

Isn't posting with an avatar against the rules?

>tfw you accidentally cover your hands with spaghettios
Fortunately I don't have any friends to laugh at me for that anymore.

Human B'Elanna a cute. CUTE!!!

Yo, where the Risa women be at?

I want to dominate Janeway. I'd spank her all the way to the Alpha quadrant.

>The problem though is that there were barely any aliens in the "main" cast.
More of a problem is that it's a terrible idea regardless.

is voyager a meme on Cred Forums

>it's an Alexander episode
>it's a Troi episode
>it's a Lwxana
>it's a Guinan episode
>it's a Wesley episode
>it's a Beverly episode
>it's a Ferengi episode

>not wanting that ridge slut that Q materialises for Worf

That was Riker who did that.

Yes

Everything besides Klingons and Riker/Picard/O'Brien is terrible on TNG. I really don't understand the love this show gets

To be fair, I don't like the Ferengi episodes in DS9 either.

Or Kai Winn episodes.

>it's a T'Pol acts like an airhead teen slut and ruins 30 years of Star Trek vulcan lore episode

All DS9 Ferengi episodes are at least decent-tier and some are GOAT-tier.

>hating the Kai
Low-pagh beta

I just hate it when everyone important in the cast knows what a cunt some character is and that they've done horrible/illegal things, but they don't do anything about them so the threat keeps on escalating.

>TV show famous for breaking race taboos
>Pleasure planet is called "Ricer"

I started watching DS9 since I only have hazy memories about it from when I was a kid. Holy shit is Avery Brooks a terrible actor.

Man, you could drive a truck between Blalock's tits.

May I REMIND you Cred Forums that the Bajoran provisional Government shitposts on here using the internet network WE BUILT!

>It's a finale which runs out of time to actually wrap up the prophets, Bajor, Gul Dukat, kai wynn story so Gul Dukat just turns into satan and falls into fire and dies and we learn nothing about the Pah Wraiths, the Prophets, either of their motivations or even if Bajor joins the federation, basically rendering the first 4 seasons of DS9 pointless, oh and Jadzia isn't even in Worf's flashback instead Ezri is episode.

youtube.com/watch?v=5v69MVQIywk
Nice final scene though. One of the best scenes in all of Trek.

if I were Tom I'd insult the klingon race after putting my dick inside torres, she must be crazy in the sack

that final clash with dukat and sisko really pissed me off the first time i saw it, it was such a ridiculously anticlimactic and clearly rushed scene

7 seasons of SISKO YOU ARE THE BLACK JESUS, SAVIOR OF US ALL! no, i just push satan into some fire and die with him lol

so lazy

youtube.com/watch?v=lw-a0I-XA7Q

Man I wish DS9 got a HD touch up like TNG and such did.

The last battle in DS9 was such a let down, since it was 1:1 reused stock footage from Sacrifice of Angels with like one new scene (this one)

Well they were half maquis crew so yeah, a lot of them were pretty much a bunch of assholes.

>It's a Ferengi episode

those are the best tho

I love it for purely shlock value though.

>I YAM

Why did ds9 have to be cgi at the end though?

youtube.com/watch?v=IJs0-hhOZFQ

Thank you Dukat

Fuck I love phaser strips.

I know, I know, I assume it had something to do with the composite shot of them standing in the window.

It actually annoys me there are no super high poly CGI models of DS9.

DS9 fell apart in the end because they wasted too many episodes in S6 on filler and too many in S7 on Ezri.

I honestly believe that the intention probably was to have Dukat lead the Heretic Cult to try coup Bajor with the help of Kai Wynn which would have resulted in Sisko and prophet supporters stopping the cult. The series spends too much time building up this cult and the positions of power it's gaining on Bajor and shit, to just have Dukat trip and drop his suicide pills and get found out then get tackled into a fire pit in the end.

Another major thing is Bajor never joins the federation, negating the purpose of Sisko being there in the first place.

Maybe, but there's plenty of other shots featuring people in the windows of ds9. Kind of like those people walking around in the windows at the back of the enterprise during TNGs intro.

>It's not a TNG episode

Literally why even bother watching it.

Also every like 3rd ep of season 7 being a vic fontaine ep

Man that guy doesn't look like he's wearing 10 pounds of make-up at all. And that voice, it doesn't sound like he's just has a sore throat. Christ that episode was awful. They couldn't get an older guy to play the part and have that guy play him when he's younger? Also funny they made his teeth rotten from age when more than likely in TNG he'd have perfectly good teeth due to how advanced they are. They can make human life to be around 150 but keeping teeth normal is beyond their capabilities?

Profit and Lace (crossdressing Quark) is a shit episode and anyone that likes it is objectively wrong

yeah too many.

That being said It's Only a Paper Moon is one fantastic episode.

They got away with this

Wardrobe by the Herman Munster collection.

I just watched warlord for first time.

>evil kes gets so close to kissing a girl
>gets interrupted the last second

If this was ds9 they would have done it I'm sure

>150 worlds
>Federation only has 1200 ships in DS9.
>Less than 10 ships per planet.

This never made sense to me. Shouldn't Starfleet have quite literally thousands of Starships?

We can assume that the Dominion in the Alpha Quadrant has about 2000 ships (Dominion were holding out for 2,800 reinforcements through the wormhole and Dukat pulls 1,500 ships from the front lines to fight the fleet trying to retake DS9) but honestly, how in fuck can one planet, Cardassia, have more ships than the entire Federation, even with Dominion reinforcements?

Starfleet's ship numbers should have really numbered in the ten thousand if not more range.

If it was unrestricted DS9 they would have gone for the full act. Behr is a perv God bless his soul

Starfleet was not a military organization
They had almost limitless resources so they lived a utopian lifestyle, only when interacting with other cultures was there conflict, which is why their flagship was at every major conflict instead of lesser but equally strong ships.

>2016
>still being problematic about the fluidity of genders

>Jadzia isn't even in Worf's flashback instead Ezri is
Apparently her agent wouldn't give them permission to use her image and never told her, everyone involved was upset by it.

scifi.stackexchange.com/questions/140790/why-doesnt-jadzia-appear-in-ds9s-final-montage

VFX limitations.

The Federation has a population easily over a trillion people and is 8000 light years across.

It would need a vast fleet to secure that size. I wouldn't be surprised if Starfleet had numbers more along the lines of tens of thousands of ships realistically.

For them "Downsizing" Starfleet, look at Next Gen for example, the Enterprise-D is supposed to have a crew of like 2000+ people, yet has a crew of a few hundred, on this giant, city sized Starship, because they couldn't get enough actors to make it seem that populated.

Also like 40 ships get destroyed at Worf 359 and they're like "oh no starfleet has had almost all it's ships destroyed, it will take years to rebuild!".

Also 40, ships, 11,000 dead, leads to around 270 people per ship.

Also looking at the US navy, it employs 0.90% of the population.

Lets say Starfleet employs 0.10% of the population of the Federation, that's still a billion people in Starfleet and that is way more tiny than any modern real world military per capita.

That leads to around 370,000 ships in Starfleet. (though millions would probably work on starbases, their planets, installations and the like) but even then, Starfleet should be able to field around say 150,000 ships.

Lets say it's even tinier, Starfleet is 10 million people. That's still 37,000 ships.

Star Trek the TV show, vastly underestimates the size of the Federation and Star Fleet, largely due to budget and VFX issues.

I wouldn't be surprised if Starfleet has around 50,000 - 100,000 ships

Dominion should have had like 300,000 ships in the Alpha Quadrant with like another 500,000 on the other side of the Wormhole. But that would have been ridiculous to show. Also how in fuck is a single space station like DS9 supposed to hold off tens of thousands of ships?

I would guess the various members have their own fleets of ships with Starfleet being the army of the Federation in general.

You really don't like Data?

Don't forget she also had to use a stunt ass.

I forgot about him for some faulty memory data banks reason

Two girls is okay.

A lizard person pining for an earnest twink and eyefucking him for seven seasons isn't. Garak's one sided love that eventually would have lead to some kind of date rape was too pure for TV.

>It's a "Voyager is shit" episode

Producers pussied out apparently.

Actor though said he did play Garak as a gay man wanting to fuck Bashir

Roxanne Dawson is hot irl
They just make her look... frumpy? in the show
it's the hair I think

cheap spock rip off

Got any source on that?

>Andrew Robinson: Yes, and his sexuality. I started out playing Garak as someone who doesn't have a defined sexuality. He's not gay, he's not straight, it’s a non-issue for him. Basically his sexuality is inclusive. But--it’s Star Trek and there were a couple of things working against that. One is that Americans really are very nervous about sexual ambiguity. Also, this is a family show, they have to keep it on the "straight and narrow", so then I backed off from it. Originally, in that very first episode, I loved the man's absolute fearlessness about presenting himself to an attractive human being. The fact that the attractive human being is a man (Bashir) doesn't make any difference to him, but that was a little too sophisticated I think. For the most part, the writers supported the character beautifully, but in that area they just made a choice they didn't want to go there, and if they don't want to go there I can't, because the writing doesn’t support it.

The writers were fine with it too, it's the producers (read: Rick Berman) who fucked up.

>Robert Hewitt Wolfe: The way I wrote him (and I think the way Andy so wonderfully played him), Garak was attracted to Bashir. He knew that attraction was not going to be returned (or even particularly noticed) and that was okay. He considered Bashir a friend and a protegee. There’s nothing overt, there’s no big flags waving or anything. It’s all subtext. So maybe ‘clearly’ is an overstatement.
>How about, ‘It would not be wrong to interpret Garak as bisexual.’

Why would she need to cover her breasts when her back is turned to Trip? Also since Vulcans don't express emotions they wouldn't feel any embarrassment or shame from nudity.

Him being demoted to ensign for what he did was fucking stupid. Janeway was doing shit that was ten times worse one a consistent basis.

They're actually very guarded when it comes to sexuality. To the point where they won't even discuss it with humans unless they're desperate or heavily coerced.

>Starfleet's ship numbers should have really numbered in the ten thousand if not more range.

Writers are rarely good about wrapping their minds around the scale an organization the size of the Federation, or any interstellar polity, operates at. Ship numbers, planetary populations, all sorts of things, they almost always lowball to the point it becomes a bit ridiculous.

Spock > Data, but don't be so mean user.

Don't split hairs fag

>it's a Ferengi episode
you take that back, some of them are hilarious

T'pol is more human than some humans

>in TOS everybody overacted
Shatner overacted. Who else?

Not even him all the time. It's mostly a meme, he's quite subdued most of the time.

No, they're not.

Who was it that thought the Ferengi could act as a replacement for the Romulans, as a new antagonist for the Federation?

>Who was it
Roddenberry.

But their best episodes are after Roddenberry gets kicked off the show, and they're just comic relief or ineffectual "villains" that nobody takes seriously.

The passable ones are far outweighed by the completely unwatchable ones.

>hating on Wallace Shawn
But he was the best part of My Dinner with Andre.

:3

How is it up for grabs? Wasn't he fucking dukats daughter? If anything he just seems a bit bicurious

>Wasn't he fucking dukats daughter?
I doubt it. Best Ziyal (pic related) wouldn't have fucked Garak out of respect for her father.

Worst Ziyal was constantly trying to get in his pants and Garak was always turning her down and ocasionally flat-out insulting her.

When did you have dinner with Andre?

Funny how they thought trek fans of all people wouldn't notice that they changed actresses.

Friendly reminder that the Grand Nagus did nothing wrong.

not that hard to be better than Alan alda

He made Rom Nagus even after Quark saved his ass.

Andre and I were reenacting scenes based on the DS9 episode "My Dinner with Zek."

>Listen well, Quark, my boy: I would never give up my holographic blanket. I mean, because Ferenginar is cold in the winter. I mean, the Tower of Commerce is cold! And it's always winter on Ferenginar. It's a difficult environment, not fit for even a Breen. I mean, our life is tough enough as it is. I'm not looking for ways to get rid of the material possessions that provide relief and comfort, for a reasonable price. I mean, on the contrary, I'm looking for more opportunities to raise sales of consumable goods, because the market is very lucrative. I mean, I'm trying to protect us all because, really, there's these potential profits to be acquired everywhere you look!

She looks like an anal sex fanatic.

She blames herself for her father leaving, she'll do whatever it takes to get the approval of the males in her life.

Why would anybody fuck Ezri over Garak? Serious question.

>Ezri allegedly has lady parts and spots that go all the way down
>Garak's asshole is so cold you'll get hypothermia and a classified strain of LizAIDs

>>it's a Guinan episode
Don't exist.

Why?

Yesterday's Enterprise and Time's Arrow are Guinan episodes, and great.

"Guinan plays a more prominent role" is not a "Guinan episode."

So you just let hin stick it in your but with his penis that is clearly warm because it is internally sheathed like all Cardassian dinguses.

>End of Sisko's arc was clearly supposed to be Bajor joining the Federation, him retiring with Cassidy Yates and building his house on Bajor
>Instead he shoves Dukat into a firepit and goes to live in the wormhole while leaving his new pregnant wife alone

What the fuck was Benny Russell thinking with that ending?

De yer really wanna know? Alriy. Negroes abandoning der children is a hardwoired reproductive strategy: for tousands e years, most children born in Africa wud die, de only ones who survived long enough te reproduce were de ones dat sired dozens by multiple women and one or two would live.

I won't lie to you user.

I would go there.

There are legitimately more attractive female Klingons than unattractive ones.

>ywn have your head get crushed by a pair of strong female Klingon thighs

>341 disembowelments into The Battle of Klach D'Kel Bracht and chill and she gives you this look
What do?

Every fucking day. Every single fucking day when i come to quark's this little faggot just sits there and gives me this stupid look on his face. What should i do about him? Ideas?

Probably because he's an awful actor. He was never very convincing in his role, he doesn't fit the hot-shot pilot type.

you mean built by bajoran slave labor

Tell him that Odo hates him. That will fuck him up.

>hey ja, n e way im fucking lit
What did he mean by this?

>its a Bashir gets a medical marajuana liscense episode