Pirates of the Caribbean/PotC trailer

>>new pirates of the carribbean trailer
>youtu.be/KpFMVcZ4o7U
Looks like absolute shit. Jesus Johhnny, this is what you sold out for?

It's literally the same recycled story, undead sea monster-men, some fishy-weirdo coming to kill Jack Sparrow b/c reasons.

I'll still see it day 1.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dv6pJ2D_Sek
youtu.be/BzVmPsqHDDQ
youtube.com/watch?v=NzzGWfPI2YU
theguardian.com/film/2016/sep/07/johnny-depp-set-tupac-notorious-big-film-labyrinth
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Rumor has it that a strong female plays the lead in search for Johnny Depp

>The Force Awakens 2

>potc
>shit

found the redditor

They should have just remade the first film, basing it off the video game which is an extended alternate versions where Jack and Will go to China I think it was and fight evil spirits before returning to stop the Black Pearl.

it's a top tier flick but these sequels are running it through the mud user

Which is better, the Hobbit trilogy or the new PotC sequels?

2 is basically as good as 1

from there they only get slightly worse

The latter, by far. Jack Sparrow doesn't walk across a bridge that's somehow collapsing in lunar gravity, to say the least.

OP I think you underestimate how much Depp makes off these every time he does them

also he's on record saying he fucking loves playing Captain Jack

he's literally getting paid a retarded amount of money to play a character he fucking loves

2 isn't much worse
3 is bad
4 is horrific
5 looks to be in keeping with the trend

dude is like 50

some grandpa pretending to be cool and hip with it by wearing more and more accessories is just sad, he looks old in Stranger Tides

you think he gives a fuck, he's doing what he loves and getting paid stupidly to do it

The dadaist opening and the poignant death of Beckett in 3 disagree with you.

3 is good, just slightly worse than 2. 1 is great and the best. 4 was so forgettable I don't remember what happened.

Chinese opening. Penelope Cruz and Blackbeard who started out strong but became a little dumb by the end

I liked On Stranger Tides, but it doesn't really feel like it belongs with the other PotC movies.
Both of those things are likely due to how it was based on the Tim Powers novel Stranger Tides, though.

>the gap between At World's End and On Stranger Tides was 4 years
>the gap between On Strader Tides and Dead Men Tell No Tales is now 5 years and counting

Stranger Tides was great until they got to Blackbeard, once that mary sue got introduced it all went to shit

interestingly but not surprising from that point on the parts without him were also ok, Barbosa and Jack buddy parts were top tier

I was 16 in summer 2007 and in High School, when At World's End got released, where did time go?

Gore Verbinski is one of the most underrated directors working today.

So was that a Marvel quip when the zombie pirate pauses?

Does everything need marvel quips?

youtube.com/watch?v=dv6pJ2D_Sek
post good OST from the movies

youtu.be/BzVmPsqHDDQ

Yes.

It makes things objectively 37% better.

>It's literally the same recycled story

It prints money.

You don't make 11 films based on a defunct Disney theme park ride if you're in it for the creative process you fucking imbecile.

People discussing these movies as if they had actual content and characters should be lined up and shot. These movies are commercials for the branded products they sell. Thanks for the shekels goy.

Its the same shit again yeah, but it looks cool tbqh

true story though, that fucking Beckett figure is rare as fuck because of limited supply

Damn it, Im going to have to see this thanks to Javier Bardem

youtube.com/watch?v=NzzGWfPI2YU

>Cred Forums faggot thinks something is shit without having seen it, thinks other people care about his opinion, makes a thread about it
life as usual

>it's a captain jack gets sent to the future and sees what piracy becomes in the 21st century episode

you know they will make this movie eventually

go back to Cred Forums

Why do these shitty movies have such a rabid fanbase?

Random thought but, wouldnt fighting Poseidon himself be a better plot than finding his trident?

probably building up to it

you can only fight spooky ghosts and government stooges for so long before it gets stale

I'm drunk is shit. I have the 1st and 3rd movie on DVD. Guess it's time to watch these 4 movies.

I was in love with Keira Knightly when this first movie came out. Back when you search "Keira Knightly" on the internet and there is literally nothing.

Lone Ranger was actually a lot of fun, felt like PotC 1, the whole Train chase was awesome

>Its an excuse to crank out more movies
I could see it. Figures. Strange thing is they always said Calypso owned the sea unless they decide to retcon that shit too.

perhaps Poseidon has the sea set up like a crime family with different capos running different parts of the seas

or maybe Poseidon is one of the old/new gos who usurped or was usurped by her

either way or whatever happens there are ways to shoehorn him into the myhtos

How you gonna watch 4 movies when you only have 2

you mean retarded death which made no physical sense

I kept checking out of that movie because of how dumb it was. For example I understand The Lone Ranger wants to do things by the book and all that, but the guy hes pursuing will literally get hanged 15mins after arrest because hes a heart eating psycho. So I wouldnt hold it against the guy if he went full Clint Eastwood. That and watching people fall on piles of silver without breaking their legs felt so damn cartoony

The Disney ride never became defunct, they just Lucas'd it with the out of place insertion of movie characters that will constantly remind you of who they are.

The set up is silly but I still love that scene

On Stranger Tides annoyed me because it was a complete waste. They had a chance to start over, and yet they somehow manage to make Blackbeard and voodoo fucking boring. Which is weird because all that magic stuff meant fucking nothing and merely became a gimmick for the antagonist's crew. There was no point in making them zombies. As for 3, its biggest crime was being a convoluted plot that took the piss out of Davy Jones

At World's End was just the conclusion to the Davy Jones arc which started with 2.

Its his only role that wont ruin a box office

>took the piss out of Davy Jones

you mean how he systematically killed everyone who shit talked him throughout the two movies?

Which I get that but all it did was make Jones look like an asshat and Beckett wasnt that great of a villain. Also killing off The Kraken that lazily was kind of dumb

>will you say that to him, please?
was this supposed to be funny?

Alright Drunk Guy here, should I watch Lone Ranger or Pirates?

>ywn get paid millions of dollars to play pirate

But this one looks cool to me
theguardian.com/film/2016/sep/07/johnny-depp-set-tupac-notorious-big-film-labyrinth

Yeah, I'm still looking forward to it tho. Just need some fun pirate adventures and I'm good.

i think it was supposed to be more creepy/intimidating. Makes him look unstable ish

Makes me want to play Assassins Creed Black Flag

Lone Ranger was way to long, it was a good movie but god did it drag on.

If they had cut out the future scenes of the kid and depp together it could have been better.

When the kid has the revelation about the bridge blowing up it was like, why do you need to spell it out for the audience instead of showing us ranger and depp setting up the bomb.

All the cuts were jarring and made following the story difficult.