Why this show is so underrated ?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3gj8tRaFIfs
reddit.com/r/TheExpanse/
youtube.com/channel/UCgqjZ0OJvyk7k5NEtPev_MA
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

because of that fucking weird haircut

Because of the channel it's on

Nobody knows about it because it's on Syfy.

>year between seasons

I pretty much gave up on SyFy after sitting through the first season of Defiance

>tfw no belter gf
;_;

Its was a great show, people like it a lot but taking a fuking year beteeen season kill all the hype for it.

Its going to come back when they release the 2 season premiere.

but yeah, a fuking year between season its a stupid move syfy.

Fuck

I have no idea, I keep telling people about it whenever I can and pretty much everyone ends up liking it.

I can't wait for vomit zombies. I'm pumped for the race. I'm going to cry so god damn hard for Miller.

I really liked it. I have a good feeling about it. Then again I felt the same way about Hannibal. Then again Hannibal did get 3 seasons and Brian Fuller is doing the Star Trek Discovery so...

It has all the things SJWs are crying about but it's totally ignored.

>diverse cast
>women play important roles

millers ex partner is hot as fuck

>tfw no giant martian gf to manhandle me

this show feels like it belongs on hbo or netflix rather than shitfy

the show has few problems, some of the actors are really ehhh, but the scope and scale of the show is intriguing, so it kind of balances itself out. shit load of potential.

its a shame such a great book has been adapted into a syfy show of all things

the author was an assistant to GURM, why couldnt GURM hook him up with a better network?

I like how great the cgi and how the physics look legit

I wonder how well the Hyperion adaptation will be.

>On June 10, 2015 it was announced that TV channel Syfy will produce a mini-series based on the Hyperion Cantos with the involvement of Cooper and King.

rite? shit looked stupid

Is this the show where they named themselves numbers?

That's Dark Matter

>tall and thin and sad and pale
I'm way more attracted to this than I think I should be

>tfw born too late for Group B

>Roommate watched it, told me it was boring
>Gave me the season
>Waited for ~8 months to watch it
>Fucking amazing

I thought the tech part of the show was some of the best I've seen in any sci-fi series or movie. I can't wait for the second season

How tall is this character?

what's the show about?

>that part where they had to strap themselves in and get injected with adrenaline to stay conscious for the 'turn and burn'
>serious side effects for living generations in low gravity
Its the little attention to details like that. I love that shit so much.

I loved the tech too. It felt futuristic but also used; kinda like spacey cyberpunk Near future scifi is so fucking rare so it's nice to see it done,

Earth is a designated shitting planet inhabited by 30 billion welfare retards

Mars is a Communazi Techocracy inhabited by four billion arrogant ubersmench

The asteroid belt is Ireland/Palestine/Tibet inhabited by hundreds of millions of poor oppressed workers/terrorists

They all hate and scheme against each other but then John Carpenter's The Thing shows up in the solar system

There's an article out there talking about the Expanse is one of the most scientifically accurate scifi shows out there. One thing that comes to mind is them accurately portraying Coriolis Effect on Ceres.

i really liked that scene when they are basically torturing that guy on earth by just forcing him to stand up, he can't do it because his body is completely fucked from living in low gravity

never seen that before in any sci fi, the effects of low gravity, and not only that but using it to torture someone.

Season 2 trailer btw

youtube.com/watch?v=3gj8tRaFIfs

it's really good

horrendous terrible casting
the first time that nigger girl appeared and started niggering i just switched the channel

So in the future we've colonized Mars and an asteroid belt.
Earth people, mars people, and 'belters' don't like each other.
People from the belt feel like they're being exploited from mars and earth, so they say 'fuck your shit, we're not mining this ice anymore' and rebel.
People from Mars feel superior over belters and Earthers.
Earthers just want everyone to shut the fuck up and get back to work.
Political drama ensues.
Also the chick is a belter, and she's tall because its what happens to the human body after so many generations of living in low gravity.
Its good shit.

oh shit is that chief tyrol from BSG? looks like him in that suit picking up the container.

Everything in the books is absolutely painstaking. They literally did the math for how much thrust a nuclear fusion engine could produce, how far apart the objects in the solar system are, the effects of acceleration and weightlessness, "stealth" in space being the absence of heat or radio signatures, battles being volleys of missiles and drones where whoever's defensive chainguns fail first dies

Then they more or less take all of this completely rational worldbuilding and throw it in the trash.

The Game of Thrones comparisons are pretty apt - since the story originally centered on realistic medieval politics and logistics before being swallowed by plot armor, zombies and dragons

Ew
Bone Bangers

>Then they more or less take all of this completely rational worldbuilding and throw it in the trash.
How so other than space zombies?

when does the story take a shit and how many good seasons do you think we'll get until it does take a shit? 3 or 4?

I haven't read the books yet, but I just hope the show doesn't turn into some sort of Stargate clone.

It got ignored because SyFy has been crying wolf about the "next BSG" for a decade, while delivering one painfully shitty show after another.

"The Expanse" actually IS the next BSG, but no one knows about it because by now most people have filtered SyFy from their channel lineups.

Are Belter people fragile?

Because the first episode was fucking terrible and I have less than no interest in watching any more.

yea, this definitely is the next big sci fi show like bsg. i wouldn't be surprised if it becomes a huge hit either. i'm kind of hoping syfy drops the show and it gets picked up by a better network, because fuck syfy

>tall
>thin
There isnt a worse combo

Ancient aliums built a network of portals to perfectly earthlike worlds all over the universe, completely shitting on everything the series established about the painful limitations of space travel and space habitats

>Hate Holden because he's a moralfag who looks like a knockoff Jay Baruchel
>realize the same actor was the protagonist of 10,000 BC
Fuck, I like him a bit better now but why does he look and act like such a fucking homo compared to when he was in 10,000 BC?

so it IS mass effect

>little attention to detail
>yet still has stupid "we need to add drama" points like a fucking hatch automatically opening to a breached section and someone having to close it manually for some reason

It's not, we had plenty of threads when it was airing, and it will grow in viewership over time. Next season will be longer I think.

Also, it's been off the air like 10 months now.

not him but they explain that in the show. they've lived in low gravity for their entire lives so their bones are fragile and their muscles are all fucked up

they torture a belter in the first or second episode by having him stand up, his body can't handle earth's gravity. they have to put him in a water tank so he can feel normal

I don't see how that's a problem. It just adds more locations for shit to happen on. Unless everyone also has super advance borderline magical technology.

No, it's not, that's Amos Burton, I thought the same thing when I first saw a trailer for the Expanse though, could have sworn it was the same actor but he's younger, just looks similar.

with no sentient freaky forehead/skin color aliens yet. Only living extraterrestrials encountered are creepy but endearing frog lizards and a nasty fungus that is non lethal but can cause blindness. Whoever created the portals and the space zombies has been dead for almost two billion years - but it's strongly hinted that whoever or whatever killed them is still out there

Also 90% of humanity are dead because Earth launched a surprise first strike carpet bombing of Mars' dome cities and just when they were celebrating their audacious victory the Belters slammed a rock into Earth just big enough to not completely obliterate everything on it, but the natural atmosphere can no longer sustain human life

It's not underrated. It's rated. It's rated exactly how it should be; utter garbage.

fuck i should read the books, this sounds great

i don't even mind the mass effect stuff, i kind of like the concept

ughhh why did i download dark matter instead of this.. now my i already reach my data cap for this month

>data cap

>tfw this guy only had one episode but his character still brightly shined
>tfw he didn't permanently join the crew and offer a unique, militaristic Martian perspective

honestly, it's on them. They could go completely epic with it if they just stuck to the material. There's easy 6+ seasons of stuff in the first two books alone. Seeing power suits on mars or the earth getting rekt would be amazing.

>body is used to nil gravity
>put him under increased atmospheric pressure to make him feel normal

I was legitimately saddened by his death

>tfw he makes it to the ship and you think there's hope for him to survive
>tfw he doesn't

>now my i already reach my data cap for this month

>atmosphere can't sustain human life

Did I miss something. They clearly wander around earth after that attack for a while and the people there talk about staying and rebuilding before they leave.

Shit kind of devolved into some really dry political boredom. They should just cut out any scene this chick is involved in, because it's boring as fuck.

fuck off she has the sexiest voice in the world

before the past few years, Sci-fi channel went out of their way to be a pile of shit

so even though they now have several good or comfy shows, all of the ratings are super low.

these are shows that certainly deserve to be made, even if they aren't in anyone's top 10 or 20: expanse of course, but magicians, killjoys, dark matter, 12 monkeys...

all nice and comfy that should continue and deserve more attention

Her character is so annoyingly smug and self-righteous while apparently having no problems with torturing people or breaking the law. She would be much better as a pragmatic and stoic politician instead of a smarmy granny.

I honestly can't stand her gravely voice

are you on 56k dial-up lol

her voice makes my testicles vibrate

literally pepe: the character

stupid soap opera with a futuristic setting
doesn't have 1-2 solid actors to carry the show

I hate that the show has three "main characters" and two of them are so atrocious that I find myself just waiting for their scenes to end

it introduced all the painful limitations of space travel so it could build up the desperation of needing to colonize and the resulting discrimination
I see where you're coming from, though, I also would have liked if the protomolecule had been the only alien thing introduced

>tfw you will never travel the solar system putting the boot to belter scum.

I assume you're talking about Smokerlady and Holden, and while Holden's storyline is interesting, I'd have to agree with their lack of charisma and just general boringness. Miller is very 3-diminsional and charismatic and shines that much brighter compared to the other main characters. Chrisjen's plot is boring and she has no likable qualities, while Holden is a smug pretty boy that constantly acts like a tough guy.

The Martian suits look fucking spectacular imo

The Martians are spectacular in general. There really should've been a fourth character who gives the Martian perspective.

>Its a miller figures out a way to save the universe episode

if the show gets a third season, you're in luck

they're bringing in bobby this upcoming season user

>scyfy

lol, no.

oh, are they mashing the second half of book 1 and part of book 2 together?
bobby doesn't show up until after Eros crashes into Venus, though and I figured that would be the season 1 finale so what's up with that? there's not much for her to do before then

Yeah, they have about a 1/3 of the first book left and then going straight into the second book.

Because they won't let Avasarala swear

WHO THE FUCK IS THIS

she doesn't even like to swear, so apparently they hired the wrong woman. She had a problem saying shit.

True to the books and it works as Holden's development arc occurs over multiple books.

I don't know about that user, only reason you stop wanting to punch holden in the face is miller or when he acts like miller and that is the first, 3 books. So...

by the time he gets to the planet colony to play sheriff he's a drastically different character than where he starts out.

At least that's how I see it.

Watching this show makes me wish syfy had got the rights to Ghost in the Shell and made their own live action series with the budget that went towards this. It would have been pretty okay.

What's Holden like in the books? How does he change?

tfw they describe exactly how his equivalent character in the book died - the increased gravity from the Tachi's burn to escape the Donnager caused the ribs he broke in the hangar bay fight to tear through most of his internal organs

>There really should've been a fourth character who gives the Martian perspective.
One of the main characters for season 2 is a Martian marine with a suit of power armor

Apparently they figured that they'd lacked a Martian perspective of the universe so wanted to bring one in, we're going to be spending some time with her and her squad on Ganymede before they get torn to pieces by the Protomolecule thing

tfw they will never have the 'cunt' scene

>made their own live action series with the budget that went towards this
Nigga, it's not the budget or lack thereof that makes Syfy series shitty, well to a degree it is, it's the fact that they don't have any access to competent writers.

>oh the irony

user you know who came in to help write some of the episodes? the book authors.

he doesn't change, the crew camaraderie is better in the books, but he is always kind of a smug bastard that you want to punch off his donkey.

I think the dryness of this series would be a better fit for GITS.

I just finished marathoning the series last week and thought it was decent and will pick it up again with S02 but it’s sounding like the tv show has gotten the GoT treatment, and the books the show is based on are much better?

Same with z nation. Good show, network is just way under the public radar.

nah, it's great, shows future fashion accepts once degenerate styles. as today mohaks or pink hair

got deviated a lot from its storylines because it has too many characters

I would say some of the third view or the world view to let you know what is going on in universe is cut from the television show to keep the suspense of the story and layer it in the background instead.

I dont think they're comparable at all honestly. It sticks close to book material.

Both the book auhors frequently pop onto the expanse subreddit which is pretty good

reddit.com/r/TheExpanse/

>got deviated a lot from its storylines because it has too many characters

The GoT tv series is shit and barely recognizable compared to the books, because the producers are talentless fucking hacks.

I was about to oder the first five books of The Expanse series but annoyingly, Amazon no longer provides a category for pocket/mass market paperback books, just “paperback”, meaning I might get some in the more convenient sized format and some of the others in the large and awkward to hold trade paperback format.

A lot of belters shave the sides of their heads because the early EVA suits contacts between the helmet and rest of the suit would cook the skin of the neck and burn the sides of long hair

>softcover
How to spot a pleb.

>tfw SyFy is making good shows like this, The Magicians, and Z Nation but no one is watching them because they're on SyFy

Not that guy, but do you know how annoying it is to drag around an read a gigantic hardcover?

more like overrated

>muh hars science
>muh books
>muh weird haircut
>muh belter gf

>drag around
Why would you drag it around? It's not newspapper god damnit, you are supposed to read it at home in quite environment for the immersion, not to occupy your mind in subway ride.

>mfw when Miller survives Eros

Wtf, man. Am now reading Nemesis Games. Abaddon's Gate is still my favourite until now.

Forgot pic.

>Why would you drag it around?

I take a book with me to read at lunch everyday and a pocket paperback is more convenient.

Also at home, I do my reading kicked back on the couch or laying in bed, where a large floppy trade paperback or an even more annoying hardcover, is a pain in the ass to physically read.

Some people actually work and go places and stuff.

Because Miller is the only compelling character on the show and he is a secondary character for much of season 1.

Holden is just awful and gets so much screen time.

>pocket paperback is more convenient.
more convenient than your phone with an ebookreader app?

> Reading on a phone or tablet

No. E-Readers or paper.

AHAHAHAHAHAH DO YOU SERIOUSLY HAVE MULTIPLE SIZES OF BOOKS YOU AUTISTIC FUCKING FAGGOT AHAHAHAHA

>>pocket paperback is more convenient.
>more convenient than your phone with an ebookreader app?

I prefer actual paper books but I had considered getting a Kindle or similar device, but apparently they no longer have a page forward/backward button that can be operated with the same hand that's holding the reader and now one must swipe across the screen with the off hand to turn the page.

Get a kobo

The new Kindle Oasis has buttons again, thank goodness. I went from the standard Kindle right to the Oasis, skipping the touch devices, and I'm pretty happy with it.
It's absurdly expensive though, for not being able to do much more than the standard Kindle.

Never had a Kobo but I heard good things about the last one.

>Never had a Kobo but I heard good things about the last one.
Had one of the waterproof ones for a couple of years now, it's pretty comfy - and the waterproofing does actually work

Do you get a lot of use out of it, though? The waterproofing I mean. I've used my Kindle to read in the bath tub or the pool, I mean how often do you really accidentally drop it after all.

>waterproof ones

That might come in handy when out in the woods hunting but it also appears to have no page forward/backward button, making it useless when wearing gloves in the woods while hunting...

because people like shitty lazy action flicks with stereotypical characters and meme one liners

Shit dude I went to an honest to God public library and rented some of the expanse novels

Not a lot of use, but the times that it has been useful (fell in the bath, my sisters kid deciding to use it as an easel etc.) have paid for the tiny additional cost of getting that one as opposed to the non-waterproofed version.

Yeah, fair enough. Do you pirate most of your books? Because the Kobo store doesn't seem to have the variety of Amazon (of course)

Mixture of pirating for stuff that costs stupid money, Project Gutenberg for old stuff, and Kindle store tied to Calibre with the de-drm plugin for everything else. Kobo store is legitimately shit tier

Ah, yeah same as me. You can find more or less anything on bookzz or mobilism anyway, yeah.

This show basically ruined television for me. It's so good just about everything else seems cheap in comparison.

>pan
>vegan
>occasional junkie
>tier 3 blue collar trash

Yay, what a catch.

And yet probably has more sex in a week than you will in a lifetime

Have they released the designs for the Razorback yet?

Quantity's not quality if all he's getting is scaggy belter white girls that have fewer teeth than an apple.

Because SJWs don't consume tv shows/movies/video games/etc
It's weird how companies will pander to a minority that doesn't even indulge in their products. They mostly browse timewaster sites like tumblr, stumbleupon, reddit, even the chans.

And yet, even if he only had one "scaggy belter white girl" it would still be more than you'll ever get

I only read the first book when it came out and found it very boring. Should I give the show a go?

It was questionable to me up until the jokey crewman died. To kill off a lighthearted and hopeful character like that, in that way, well I didn't expect that from shitfy.
I like the show, but even saying that feels disgusting. Syfy was so shit not even a year ago, and I don't trust them to not fuck up all their shows by next season.

because it's shit

>tfw he never gets to see ocean on Mars

I'll let your mom know how you rate her. I think she's a good 3 or 4 at least with the lights off.

Pacing's better than the book, and the visuals definitely help.

I was considering googling it but you just save my keyboard some wear and tear, thank you.

nobody's asking you to marry her, ret.
...and best s-f show out there however

Some of us are still mourning our Martian husbando, user :(

Out to Saturn, get the ice, back to Ceres
Out to Saturn, stop at Phoebe, get the ice

It's not really underrated. Amost everyone who watched it agrees that it's a top tier show and the best sci-fi currently airing. The problem is, not a whole lot of people watched it.

GAS THE BELTERS

MARS PRIDE SYSTEMWIDE

SPACE WAR NOW

Why is Dawes so based lads?

Because he's Moriarty

i cri evry tiem

>even in her altered state, she knows miller is looking for her

Time for miller to ride the space station.

You can't take the Razorback! She is gone and gone and gone!

>that scene in the BD where that infected chink girl shows her tits and vagoo

I hope you guys also got the BD rips instead of keeping the shitty HDTV ones from the scene.

>Evil mad scientist gives an amazing speech about the coming of the future
>Even the mass murderer hesitates
>self righteous holden hesitates
>Miller's like this guy needs to get done
>blows him away
>everyones like what the fuck
>thinking miller was going to let this asshole use the system to get away with it
>these fuckers do not know miller
>we're the good guys and never do wrong even the mass murderer like you just can go killing people
>but lets steal tons of nukes
>nuke plan fails
>holdens plan fails
>Miller rides a space station
>its wildly successful

"Hey, Kid."

"he was a good man"

Second season has Bobbie.

I guees they will start choping the books or making one book per season because at current speed, at half book per season, with a year between them; its going to take 35 more years to complete. (9 books planned at 4 years per book.)

more julies

tfw season 2 delivers

Forgetting about the Mormons

Don't cry little bird, she won't be alone for long.

Never Forgetti

I'm attracted to her because I'm tall and thin and sad and pale.

Pls be london

>going out like an easy bitch

martian pride, alright.

>Sacrificing her entire ship an crew to ensure that word gets out

Figures an Earther wouldn't understand

>that scene in the BD where that infected chink girl shows her tits and vagoo
what, no way!

>pride of your fleet gets its dick busted off by a handful of corporate fighters

>pride, the flagship goes down

The data ends up being stolen by the belters, they died for nothing. Infact Mars is worse off than anyone else by time this shit is done.

>pride of your fleet

Donnager wasn't even the main Martian fleet flagship, just the Jovian patrol fleet.

they got their assbeat by same douche bags multiple times, got played against multiple people weakening them and ending up with a fleet holding orbit over them.

Stop trying to defend mars. The only martian worth their salt is bobbie and Mars doesn't even want her.

>moving goalposts

Just admit you fucked up and were wrong, we'll forgive your oversight.

my entire point was they got their assbeat by nobodies and that point hasn't changed, only one changing things is you. The rest of it is emphasizing the fact martians lost badly.

>Martians lose one ship on an S&R mission when fighting multiple ships expressly designed to take out ships of that type
>Martians still manage to destroy all six ships that attacked them, and complete the strategic goal of the mission
>HURR DURR MARTIANS WEAK
Earther logic, go back to your free drugs and food

>ITT: Bitches that don't even lift
I used to carry around Stephenson's Baroque Cycle hardback while hiking. Circled the Adirondack twenty times working my way through that series. Killed fourteen rattlesnacks and four bears with The Confusion alone.

user time to come out of your delusional state, you're an earther too.

Shut up! I am too a Martian! and my husbando Lopez will marry me! and we'll live under a dome in the Mariner valley and make wine out of our pee! and we'll see an ocean on Mars! You're the delusional one! Baka!

In the first episode they also mention a little bit that pharmaceuticals during youth matter a lot to developing normal human physiology. The belters who look more normal proportioned got the right meds at the right time as kids while the ones that are tall and skinny didn't.

Lopez was great.

>Evil mad scientist was rigth all along
>Eros death opened the gates to the conquest of universe and the survival of humanity
>Belter terrorists, that were active and planing to strike Earth before the protomolecule shit started, makes the only solar planet capable os sustaining life by itself unlivable thus making the opening of the gates the only posible chance for humanity to survive
>Miller killed the man that saved humanity from itself

Miller is still the best character, Holden a shit

Her storyline is the best in the show pleb.

I agree but miller was like ahab at the end, nothing was going to stop him. I also think the scientist would have done far more terrible shit long before any of that was over though so I'm not sure I hold it against miller anyway. Thankful for what scientists did but everything needs checks and balances. Miller was that check.

Didn't the asshole literally have no idea what the thing does when he set it loose?

Like if it had absorbed the entire human race into a writhing mass of goop that still would have been a desirable outcome for him cause "muh higher form of life"

Great scene.

"I didn't think we'd lose." T.T

pretty much. He accidentally helped humanity.

Sounds like some sand trouts and a kid could solve all this shit

Not sure if you're still in the thread. But I work for a company that used to sell the Kobo e-readers on behalf of Kobo.

The readers themselves aren't actually that bad, I bought a Touch a few years ago and it dies exactly what it needs to. We had our fair share of retards bringing them back saying they'd broken when all they needed was a soft reset. Like that other user said though, the online shop is pretty shit.

This is a great summary.

Naw, Show > Books

Is has the same double edged sword of adapting a series of novels that Game of Thrones has.

Pro: The world, rules, culture, science, background, etc. is really well thought out.

Con: It takes fucking FOREVER for the plot to go anywhere because you can't directly adapt a book but you also can't cut the content without fucking the story.

Sidenote, pic related has a fat ass and you can see it even through her jumpsuit

I'd forgotten this show even existed even though i watched the first season and it was good. I need to stop smoking so much weed.

blame the fact it's not on streaming. if they slapped the first season on netflix or hulu people would be all over it

>Why this show is so underrated ?

Because the show is essentially impossible to watch if you're not pirating.

Is it available on literally any legal streaming site like Netflix, Hulu, On Demand, etc. because no person I recommend this too can find it.

Yeah, thanks. Sounds pretty much like what I've heard about them. Especially about the online shop being shit - but of course you can buy books on Amazon and convert them, or just pirate them anyway.

It's Game of Thrones in Space....which is Game of Thrones made better and awesome...but with less tits which isn't that awesome but you can deal.

Good story bad casting and directed

buoyancy my dude

RIP Donnager

fucking hated seeing that whizbang Martian dreadnought get blowed up. Went down like a champ, though.

Holden & Co's exploits are more than a little on the improbable side. These aren't trained soldiers, but fucking space truckers. Should've kept it more low key and focused on the character development.

Otherwise pretty good, my beltalowda.

Yeah I want to make some caramel colored babies with her. Unf.

nice rack, too

I'd berry my dick in this britbong negress so far they'd need spelunking equimpent to recover it after she calls 911

okay, I chuckled you fucker.

Same faggot.

Holy shit is that real?

Don't be jelly of my (You)'s user

protip: 90% of the shows' popularity has to do with not having TV show plots

>b-but muh literal retard audience
no

>tfw you have to wait till Season 3 for Bobbie-fu

wait..I compliment you then you call me a same faggot knowing..I'm not you..

wtf

>responding to my post from yesterday

also nah nigga next january

There's even a tiny subplot in the books about Earth using improperly made drugs to keep the Belters fragile.

She was a shit captain though. The Donnager was alone without escort, they didn't launch the Tachi to fight alongside Donnager. She severely underestimated the attacking ships, she didnt have marines in power armour in case they were boarded, she was overconfident bitch and it got her rekt

How many of you fucks have actually read the books? That's why I haven't watched it yet, I doubt the series would look anywhere close as good on SyFy as it does in my head.

Atmosphere is fine, they're in for an ice age though.

Eww, usually asian/black mutts look a lot better, pic related

They are a rare sight though, not enough statistical info

>make a colony ship for Mormons
>default on contract and turn it into a battleship
>we bad motherfuckers now
>put battleship too close to alien planet
>SAVE US HOLDEN

>2016
>swiping like a savage

Moon+ Reader on Android. Works on tablet and phone. Can be set to tap screen to turn page back/forwards

Because you would do so well in a space battle

You tap on a kobo too, you fucking savage

Yeah and I think it's a satirical commentary on how idle and worthless the general population is in The Expanse

Like, worse than today

The Kindle Oasis has buttons, as I said. No swiping.

>Like, worse than today

>over two meters
>muscular 100 kilos
>polynesian
At least they got attractive right.

wait a second is that the douche that reviews movies with DeckerShado?

ITT: Actors with no screen presence, talent or charisma that tv executives think should play the lead in a multimillion dollar multi-year series anyway

I was more referring to the guy arguing that he couldn't use phones or ereaders because of swiping.

On earth literally the majority of population lives on neetbux and accomplishes nothing.

GAS THE BELT
SPACE WAR NOW

youtube.com/channel/UCgqjZ0OJvyk7k5NEtPev_MA

Thelonghairedcreepyguy?

GAS THE SKINNIES

SPACE WAR NOW

But he slightly resembles another actor with no screen presence, talent or charismsa who's one of the main characters on a hit HBO series about dragons and fucking

The books are the real fun

>ITT: Actors with no screen presence, talent or charisma that tv executives think should play the lead in a multimillion dollar multi-year series anyway

Every person in Game of Throne sunder the age of 40

I don't think any woman meets those criteria, period.

This monster woman is 1.8 meters and 82kg and she's an absolutely extraordinary example herself.

Gwendoline Christie from Game of Thrones is slightly taller but weighs even less.

No one would meet those criteria since no one grew up in Martian gravity. Same way the vast majority of the belters in the show haven't grown up in very low/no gravity so they're not all hugely tall as well. IIRC Miller and Naomi are both supposed to be around 2m as well.

Aren't there also supposed to be Belters who are so tall and thin they're downright horrifying to look at?

MARTIAN PRIDE SYSTEM WIDE!

RIP Donnager

Most of them have slightly oversized heads, which combined with how skinny and tall they are, makes them look a bit odd. Since there are no actors who have grown up in microgravity, the show decided not to try to bother with making the vast majority look like that.

>Most of them have slightly oversized heads, which combined with how skinny and tall they are, makes them look a bit odd
I'm certain there was some circus freak motherfucker that was so bad you'd reflexively go AAH KILL IT if you saw him

shit so cash

imagine trying to walk around in that all the time. must play hell with your inner ear from time to time

I really hope they start selling model ships

It wouldn't be so bad near the surface, though it would fuck with you if you didn't know what to expect. Further up nearer the center of rotation it would be horrifically bad though.

I would think that after a very short amount of time it'd seem perfectly natural and then going back to normal gravity would fuck you up

They cheat with Christie though, her armor makes her look wider than she actually is

>On earth literally the majority of population lives on neetbux and accomplishes nothing.
Well I'm jelly.

It's portrayed as being akin to prison, but without guards.

Frankie Adams is 1.8m (5'11"). By the time they get her in the armour, lifted boots and do the camera angle things they might have her looking like something approaching Draper's 6'5" bulkiness.

Are those Mass Effect looking suits in the background the power armour? They have a regular Martian suit there on the left.

The show didn't do enough to explain how important the Canterbury actually was. I thought it was just a regular shitty freighter but here it was apparently a famous historical icon like the Mayflower or the Santa Maria.

I want these as posters

No, it was just a regular shitty freighter.

nope.

the site says you can watch it on Hulu but then links to a 404.

Remembah da Caunt.

oh so THAT was the joke

I must be fucking slow

It was the ship that founded the Belt colonies. Everybody knew it's name. It's job at the time of it's destruction was less significant but it's like how they use World War 2 battleships to give tours to schoolchildren.

I can't remember any of that from the books and I read them very recently. It used to be an old colony ship but it having any significance was never mentioned.

I'm about halfway through the first book and the writing is laughably bad. Is the tv-show worth watching?

Alfie Allen and Jack Gleeson were good.

WE GONNA RISE UP! BAARUTHAS!

It is a regular shitty freighter - it's what it ships that's important

I remember it being listed as one of the ships that had been involved in the colonisation effort, but nothing more than that

i didnt get this arch desu

I love miller and jane but that hairdo is just wew

Sarah Mitich

>barefoot for mediawall pics

I didn't know Jane wasn't giving any fucks and was so based.

sheeeit

xvideos.com/video8152593/sara_mitich_nude_-_joy_ride_3_2014_

he already has julie, he needs nothing else user

>how annoying it is to drag around an read a gigantic hardcover?

Not at all? Why kind of midget are you?

Man walks down the street dressed like that, people know he's not afraid of anything

I was tired when I posed this, and wrong.

posted, wow I am still tired.

He wears his war dance proud

Does anyone know if Adam Jensen will be back? Or is he dead for good?

His ribcage might have a cameo

He was in the middle of becoming cannon fodder user, they don't sell cameos for that.

>picked this up because of him
>ended up watching all eps in one night
What a shame he's not back, but for once Cred Forums was right for recommending this show.

I kind of like it... in all honesty i expected more of it because the idea is promising.
I like the detective case and how the police's been corrupted. Sure, stereotype but it works.
I also like the dynamic of the crew despise the poor performances but the political conflict i can't stand.

I would rather see the ramifications in actions instead of exposition. It kills the pace.

>crew despise the poor performances

Holden is the only real problem here. Rest is doing fine.

the crew chemistry is off compared to books though

The show was so bloody good I had to go and shill out for the entire bookseries

4th book underway at the moment and its pretty good

The guy with the beard and his cowboy accent and quips are fucking atrocious. I don't care if it's in the script or the book or whatever, it need stop.

The black woman and the Amos guy are fine.

The guy with a beard is just a quippy autist, leave him be.

>The black woman and the Amos guy are fine.
I've never read the books but apparently Amos is supposed to be this homicidal maniac and everyone in the show is reacting to him as if he is. In the show itself however the actor is perfectly chill and looks like a nice guy and we never actually see Amos fly off the hook. Still they treat him like a serial killer.

To me is the other way around... he is the only one i actually like from the crew.
The girl and her dog (specially him) can't act and the pilot sole contribution so far is to be able to pilot the ships but his contribution to the dramatic aspects is scarce.

I really would have preferred the martian to survive too...

no they treat him like a sociopath in the books too user and he got that down completely fine.

holden is the weakest out of all of them. the most generic of generic acting. his dialogue is shit, so that's part of the problem too.

He occasionally sounds like an edgy 13 year old, other than that Amos IN THE SHOW is no more a sociopath than any other crew member (besides Holden, who's this morally superior cunt with a stick up his ass).

Frankly the show is better than the books.

there's regular martian armor
then the marine power suits
then bobbie gets an older power suit because she's so tall

It is confirmed she gets her Martian camo suit in the show though?

Because modern monekys think space ib dum and we shoub spen mor moneyz on the gooberment

yea i'm not buying into the whole amos being a psychopath thing. he doesn't really do anything psycho in the show... i recall him saying stuff like he doesn't give a shit about anyone other than himself, but the actor just didn't sell it well

just seems like some random character trait that they slapped on him for no reason and they probably aren't going to really delve into it.

no the common argument is who gives a shit about mars when we got pot holes down the street.

I think he said something homicidal to Holden, but Holden is so fucking annoying that's pretty justifiable.

the longest expanse thread ever

I guess they're on the expanse

Good for me, I found out about this series four hours ago, right here. I have a huge boner for this kind of setting.

Did you think that meant something?
>U-boat Captain: Dietrich, descend to 350 meters.
>Helmsman Dietrich: Sir, that's beyond crush depth.
>U-Boat Captain: Ja, is okay, we're buoyant.

no worries user, it wont be your last riser, and a little more julie before this thread goes off into sunset.

Because Syfy is known for shitty campy shows.

They have really gotten better the last couple years.