No Luke Cage thread

>no Luke Cage thread

I am disappointed in you, Cred Forums.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/ShksDZI_5O0?t=50
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Sweet Christmas!
I fucking hate Shades so much. He doesn't even have any powers, so wtf was Luke scared of when he saw him? Just fucking kill the only man that knows about your past and be done with it.

What's so villainous about that smug faggot anyhow? He was a middleman who just smirked and gave 1 neat pep-talk one time. His boss was a chump too.

Its sad how these shows are pretty good as origin stories but the more they become comic like the more they will turn shit.

Lol went over to /k/ and everyone is terrified of that show because its about a strong black man

Does someone call him a big guy throughout the series?

yeah a few times

Wouldn't luke cage kill him in seconds?

Netflix daredevil seems like an ordinary person, cage is basically invincible

I watched the pilot and it didn't do anything for me. Does it get better?

Who was talking about them fighting you idiot?

I can't tell whether that panel supports or refutes Cage;s assertion in the show that he doesn't like coffee. He kind of looks like he's looking at it disdainfully.

no reason to watch past episode 6

It's soup

It's not a pilot, it's the first episode. Netflix doesn't do pilots unless it's a show that they picked up after some other network dropped it after the pilot.

And no. If you didn't like episode 1 then you won't like the rest.

The episodes get better as it goes on. The first two episodes were written by the shows creator, and they were the weakest of the entire series. Shit dialogue, boring exposition.

After that, it's pretty fun. Great music and better dialogue.

I agree with this but I didn't know the shows were written by literally who. the crispus attucks infiltration sequence, in episode 3, is what hooked me

>getting rid of a based villain with actual motivations for a chaotic evil murderman who's only bad because of his shitty daddy issues and acts like an edgy 14 year old

Holy shit what were they thinking?

Same.

The direction of the show gets better too, the guy who directed Eps1+2 did some episodes of Daredevil and even some of Sherlock for the BBC, but there was nothing really there to grab me. There are too many writers out there to really get a feel for their style, but the action sequences do get better, if a little sparse.

Too much drama, not enough ass-whooping overall.

show was shit, tv verse mcu is fucking shit

Speaking of sequences, fuck the fights in this show. Even JJ was better because they didn't constantly cut away every two seconds. Hell, LUKE CAGE'S FIGHT in JJ was better.

They did have more thematic weight though, I thought it was cool how they tied Diamondback and Luke with the boxing. Him slapping people was a nice gag too.

Unfortunately for me the show gets real shitty when Cottonmouth dies. The last few episodes feel really rushed as a result, and I couldn't give less of a shit about Le Crazy Bible Quote man, the laziest fucking cliche when you want a villain to appear crazy or intimidating.

Everybody hates the rocket scene I've spoken to, but the musical cue and the ridiculousness was straight out of a blacksploitation film and made me love the show.

Music is a strong spot, first 8 episodes are solid and without the stupidity of Daredevil S2 post-Frank and without the pacing issues of JJ.

All in all a solid show, here's hoping Iron Fist keeps up the quality.

This. Cottonmouth was the best thing about the show.

>luke is stronger than jessica jones AND has bullet proof skin
>villains are local gangsters
>jessica jones has to fight a mind controller
how is this fair?

misty knight is a competent police woman.

I think this show, and Jessica Jones, are really shooting themselves in the foot by taking everything so realistically. Daredevil did a great job at hinting at shit in season 1 then going all magical in 2, thats cool, but the silly shit from Luke Cage's lore is not gonna work with this tone if thats what they're building up to. The only thing everyone knows about Misty Knight is she has a fucking robot arm and is always drawn straight out of a 70s movie. If they plan on doing the arm thing at any point its going to be weird as hell building up to that for example.

>all those "you're gonna lose your arm" hints they kept dropping in the hostage episode
I'm conflicted on this show. I really liked parts of it, but other parts put me to sleep.

Although it suffered from the same thing JJ and DD S2 did, too many episodes for the story they wanted to tell.

I never felt that way about Daredevil but I happen to really like hand ninjas and Karen.

Going to be fun seeing her get BLEACHED in Iron Fist next year.

#justmundanethings like eating a sandwich with a spiderman lunchbox, god marvel is so fucking stupid

It was mostly the Karen and Foggy arcs in S2 that bogged it down. The Frank parts were great, and I dug the fucked up relationship Matt and Elektra got into, and as interesting as Fisk was, he really felt superfluous to what they were trying in the season. It honestly just needed to be split up in a few episode long arcs, without trying to tie everything together.

Honestly, that's the problem I've found with just about every Netflix show.

Being fair, he did that same fucking thing to Domingo. It was just villain plot armor.

Don't forget he also has accelerated healing, increased speed and stamina. At least they introduced weapons that can hurt him, but he's practically ghetto superman.

>i'm not a hero
>goes out of his way to do heroic things

There's probably more spider-man merch in their universe since he's a real guy and nobody owns the rights to his image.

This was the worst Marvel Netflix show so far. That said, it was still an okay watch.

Karen and Frank were the only things saving season 2. I completely lost interest in Matt once Elektra showed up. Terrible season. I don't care that the Hand is big in the comics, they were so boring.

yeah, this
it wasn't so bad, but it definitely dragged and diamond back cant compete with fisk or purple man on any level

My wifes son loved it.

I might watch it if she lets me.

The best thing in Daredevil S2 was the Punisher.
youtu.be/ShksDZI_5O0?t=50

>I can't fathom the concept of humility because I'm a narcissist.

Wasn't bad, want great either, but with the amount of actual content would have been better as just a 2 hour movie.

as seen on cw story telling that really doesn't come to the level of something made for netflix that goes on far too long for whatever grip it has

Well considering Shades and his boy Comanche are the guys who beat him so bad he IS the way he is to begin with, that kinda shit does put a psychological spin on things. For a short while, Shades was the Kilgrave to Luke's Jessica. He gets over it though. That's what I want to say but truthfully, the one thing Luke was really scared of was going to prison and Shades is one of the few alive who knows Carl Lucas, not Luke Cage. He could beat down Stokes too but turned bitch the moment he realized he knew his past.

Exactly my feelings. Found the editing and occasional cheese a little grating, best villain is gone too soon, fights all look stilted and the final boss suit/fight is hilarious.
Still not too bad/10, had decent entertainment value.