Is this kino?

is this kino?

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=sg3NFHv7ASo
youtube.com/watch?v=COdoHpU_a8U
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>It's a "cartoon tries to incorporate soft hip-hop culture into a fable" episode

I'm so glad the "ironic fairy tale" Shrek thing is over

Yeah, Shrek really was the only one that could do it right and actually be funny (not to mention have memorable characters and non-cringey jokes).

It didn't age well.

I remember this.

Christ that cast...

Hoodwinked is Rashomon remake, you pleb.

Reminder that was one of the last projects George Carlin was in before he died

>Shrek really was the only one that could do it right and actually be funny
Have you watched those films recently? In my opinion, they do not hold up.

But Hoodwinked is actual kino

but seriously kids movies usually aren't that weird and risk taking

Like it or not the first Shrek is a cultural milestone and is still remembered and watched fondly. I'd take it any day over overrated shit like Lion King

>tripfag hates Shrek
Like clockwork with shit taste
And I rewatched Shrek 1 about five times this past year due to them playing it on HBO a lot, it's still god tier.

>wacky grandma character

dropped so fucking hard.

Finally a biopic about John Cusack starring John Cusack

Shrek 2 was unironically fantastic.

The only bad Shrek is the third one

the movie didn't have very good animation quality but the plot writing threw me by surprise and the plot twist caught me off guard

>Like it or not the first Shrek is a cultural milestone
Okay, but does it hold up?

>I'd take it any day over overrated shit like Lion King
Okay, I guess we're two different people, then.

That Cops parody scene still sends me into tears

m.youtube.com/watch?v=sg3NFHv7ASo

Okay, I might watch them again, but to me, they show how poorly the culture from the 90s has aged.

dunno, but this for sure is

>tfw was hyped for weeks before it came out in theaters
>mfw that complete disappointment while watching it
Honestly it was one of the most disappointing sequels ever made, Justin Timberlake's character was fucking annoying and it just wasn't funny at all.

>was
It seems like a film that exploits and banks on cultural norms and references and necessarily ages poorly as the familiarity such norms and references fades, i.e., I don't think it has a timeless quality.

My nigga

Dammit now I wanna rewatch Shrek 1 and 2 in theaters, I must have seen them 10 times each during the summers they came out at my local drive in theater.
Also Shrek 2 had a bunch of cool interactive games on its dvd, do they still do that kind of shit with animated blu rays (I remember Harry Potter had a bunch too on the dvds)?

You mean Shrek Idol?

>sean connery
HOW

Yeah I think that was it

Enough Scottish patriotism to get him to do anything

sadly that will most likely be his final movie ever

>Donkey screaming "police brutality"
>Puss in Boots getting caught with cat nip

Don't forget
>dat OJ Simpson reference

Cartoons can't be kino

>dat OJ Simpson reference
>white bronco
holy shit, I never noticed that

Lies

Man, this is pretty fucking hilarious. The third and fourth movie stained my view of the first two.

>both have andy dick

>Cred Forums crossposter tries to fit in

I've literally never heard anyone say something "doesn't hold up" about media except for video game players who are a vile bunch with zero taste.

Movies/TV shows can't not hold up, because if they don't hold up it means they were just never good.

Shrek is an 8/10 movie minimum and you don't sound mature for saying you didn't like a family fucking film.

>Cred Forums crossposter tries to fit in
I haven't regularly posted on Cred Forums for about a year, but okay.

>Movies/TV shows can't not hold up, because if they don't hold up it means they were just never good.
I would say there are some comedies that rely considerably on cultural references or a sense of humor that's popular in a period, both of which would make it less enjoyable by modern standards. So I would say not so much that it doesn't hold up, but it has aged poorly.

I completely forgot this movie existed.
I liked it when I was a kid.

>white bronco

kek

I like how animated films always seem like they picked all the actors out of a hat

>with Ralph fiennes! and betty white!

I've never seen anyone talk about this cartoon movie.

I love Patrick Warburton, but the guy needs to learn to say no. I swear he takes any role.

Holy fuck this is gold

>white bronco
Fucking kek
>Shrek getting pepper grindered
I forgot how great that scene was.

>right ear pierced

Is he a gay?

He has wife and kids, go figure

Shrek 1 and 2 are still great. Shrek 3 was never good.

>Sigourney Weaver

Hmmm.

youtube.com/watch?v=COdoHpU_a8U

SCOTLAND FOREVER

fuck I remember that shit pile. I had to watch this in theaters because it was my friends birthday and his mom chose this movie for us. We were all 13-14 at the time, too fucking old for that shit. Conservative christian parents have terrible taste.