ITT: Oh yeah, that happened

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=YgHNtzxO0y8
encyclopediadramatica.se/Sirius_Orionis
youtube.com/watch?v=sg29Sa6QFes
youtube.com/watch?v=8g9cJ5WKZeU
youtube.com/watch?v=JtvGR8UX1L0
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

It was a quality analysis of the state of the fandom and the movie. Hating on the review is a meme.

He wasn't nearly as critical about it as he should be

>1.1 million views in 3 days

It was okay. I don't think I'm going to end up rewatching it like I did the other Plinkett reviews, though.

>It was a quality analysis of the state of the fandom and the movie.
I don't think so. Most of what was in it was redundant. The portion on the ring theory was far too long, I think everybody understood the situation about Star Wars becoming even more of a product at this point, addressing the clickbait prequel defending was too obvious a target, and his comments about the actual movie were surprising shallow.

His Star Trek 09 review was much better, despite having a positive review of the movie.

>tripcode
The part where he laid out what could have been given the elements in play was worth the boring ring theory part. And the point about there being no sex in star wars now was a valid observation.

>He wasn't nearly as critical about it as he should be
Because he knows it's shit but likes it anyways. It's like that one episode of Half in the Bag with what's her face saying how much she likes that shitty rom-com no matter how much Mike explained to her why she should hate it. The roles are switched and now it's Mike liking the shitty rom-com.

>triggered
>where he laid out what could have been given the elements in play was worth the boring ring theory part.
This was a fairly minor part of the review. I'm sure plenty of people could have suggested changes to the movie's plot that would have improved it, but that shows how lazily derivative the movie was.

>And the point about there being no sex in star wars now was a valid observation.
I do not agree. Luke was not clearly horny, the double entendres were purely in the mind of the beholder, this was certainly not a significant part of the previous films aside from Han and Leia's relationship, and if you consider that to be one of the film's major flaws, you basically have no taste.

Nothing prepared me for that random phone sex masturbation scene. I also thought it was going to end earlier but it didn't. AHHHHHHHHHH

youtube.com/watch?v=YgHNtzxO0y8

That was like the only part that was remotely funny.

>my identity
That's not why I use a trip, but thanks anyway.

Busting Luke for sneaking a peak at Leia in the gold bikini. "I gawt chu!"

Who could forget? An ardent neonazi like Mike succumbed to the truth of the BBC.

It was hardly funny
Should have been two separate videos
Since he liked the movie he was nowhere near as critical as he should have been
Sketch was wasted potential
All around easily the worst plinket video

I went from being sick of star wars to being really sick of star wars. They need a new re-view or hitb or botw to get that smell out

This was the Force Awakens of Plinkett reviews. The soulless, repetitive, pointless and nostalgia-driven sequel to an established series which shows there is nothing of value left in any of the creators.

This is basically an ego trip for Mike to build himself up (I singlehandedly changed the way people review movies online!) while shitting on everyone he disagrees with. This wouldn't be so bad if he stuck on the subject but instead he goes out of his way to disprove one of a billion fan theories that literally no one cares about.

6.5/10

This. Plus the first hour was a rehash of his Prequels review.

All of this, but I would say it had the point of reviewing TFA.

But we don't get to meet The Force Awakens until 45 minutes into the review.

I'm going to watch the ring theory again, these faggots can go kill themselves.

Okay, but there was a point and it fulfilled it belatedly.

shitty post, still the unnecessary trip. kys fag

No, the review was anything but fulfilling, it was short, half-assed and barely touched on the finer points of the movie.

Okay, I'll allow that, but as far as giving Mike's more elaborated opinions on TFA, it accomplished that point, and people were really interested in that, so it had a point.

I would say, however, that to the extent that we already knew what his opinion would be and what he said was mostly redundant, it was a pointless review. He was actually less through in the movie's plot than either Baby's Day Out, or Cop Dog.

ever since i could remember star wars it was just a product. all the stupid looking characters saturating just about everything imaginable. major plot points being some pop culture bullshit you hear everywhere like it's supposed to mean something. i didn't even watch the movies until a year ago and while I can appreciate that they're good movies, they're never going to be magical to me like they are to some people because of how much of a soulless regurgitated product it became during the prequel cashgrabbing. maybe it was always that way. episode 7 was good.

The real question is how will Coloclawfish respond?

You know what else was too obvious of a target? The fucking prequels.

>The ring theory is stupid
>gif of Picard holding his head
>Ring theory is stupid? Really? I mean, really?

Repeat for 3 hours

I just want him to tell me more about the "dolphin issue" and his hatred of boys in speedos honestly

>mike cucklasa

To be honest, there are few things more disgusting than men in speedos

But what does it have to do with dragons?

This is terrifying stuff

Nobody had dissected it as thoroughly in so public a manner though. So the market/need for it was there. This was just...mostly pointless.

It gets better

lolwut

I don't even know, it's something that's for sure

encyclopediadramatica.se/Sirius_Orionis

Is this the same guy? I was hoping there was a ED page, but this is a rabbit hole that really disturbs me.

yes, same DA account

From one of his blogs:
>Star Wars reveals the true extent of its sexual hangups throughout the course of Star Wars Episode II: Attack Of The Clones (ATOC) in which Anakin and Padme's love and sexuality was portrayed as forbidden by the Jedi.

>my ONLY nitpick in the entire Star Wars Prequel Trilogy
???

Same. He dragged that joke too long.

The issue isn't that we didn't know his thoughts, it's that he only gave a surface level analysis of the film. He spent ages going into characters in the Prequel reviews. Remember the skit where he asked his friends to describe the character of the prequel characters and they couldn't? I'd like to see them try to describe Rey's character, but instead we just got 'film was good, all criticisms are nitpicks, except it was a bit stale and rehashy.'

>I'd like to see them try to describe Rey's character

Her shtik about wanting to hang around her shithole planet forever on the very slim chance that someone she's waiting for shows up is more characterization than most prequel characters.

And it's a nice contrast to Luke who spent his whole youth wanting to get the fuck away from his shithole planet.

So it's pointless because the actual review of TFA, which was that people wanted, was so shallow?

>more characterization than most prequel characters.
I suppose, but then we have all the characterization that went into Anakin, which, while making an unlikable and unsuitable protagonist and still poorly handled, is much more ambitious than Rey or Luke.

It was not well-liked and IMO not good because it was advertised as a TFA review and it spent too much time dissecting ring theory (please don't read that it spent too much time talking about the prequels, it was just ring theory that was the problem because it was so obscure and irrelevant) and because the TFA portion of the review was shallow. In short, yes.

You're completely incorrect. Luke's plight and his constant failures after leaving home are far more humanizing than Rey's constant bypassing of the character development. I personally would argue that Anakin's character development is far better too, but I accept that it wasn't superbly handled and had the benefit of three films.

>You're completely incorrect. Luke's plight and his constant failures after leaving home are far more humanizing than Rey's constant bypassing of the character development.

That really has no bearing on what I said.

My response was only to point out that if someone was using the Plinkett test (describe a character without referring to appearance/role), then the obvious thing to point to with Rey is that she's bizarrely obsessed with waiting around her backwater desert town for someone, even to the point that the first thing she wants to do after getting somewhere interesting is to go back there. And that this is a complete contrast with Luke who could not wait to leave Tatooine and never come back.

But that's only notable because it's so bizarre and incongruous. It's not like Han being dashing, it's more like JJ being a shit writer.

Fair enough.

> I personally would argue that Anakin's character development is far better too
I partially agree with this, though perhaps Rey is better as the role of a protagonist, (as opposed to say, Anakin in Episode I), there's no question that Anakin's development is more complex in each prequel.

>incongruous

With what exactly?

he went off for too long about the ring theory and the fandom things. it was really boring

>hit play on video
>alright, start with some RLM universe shit whatever
>okay shut the fuck up mike and start the damn review
>oh so you're gonna review fandom and related things instead okay
>half way through the video realize I moved on from actually watching to just playing a video game on the side and listening
>realize I don't fucking care anymore
>cut it off before I even hit 40 minutes

waste of my time

It's hard to argue that Rey isn't better as a protagonist in VII than "no one" was in TPM. Anakin isn't even introduced until halfway through the movie.

With the rest of her character. Considering her backstory she should be wanting to get out and find her parents. She should be seen relishing her 'quarter portion' life if she loves it so much. She's apparently incredible at pretty much everything, including being smart, but she's not smart enough to aspire to anything more than living alone scavenging for diminishing supplies of junk.

>Oh c'mon, c'mon, you all laughed at that. Let me take few shots of vodka.
>I sometimes say weird things- OHH FUCK

I said she wasn't a better protagonist, only that Anakin was more complex.

>Anakin isn't even introduced until halfway through the movie.
Consider this ball breaking, but you took that straight from Plinkett's review. I wouldn't say that Anakin is clearly the protagonist in the film, but he was clearly meant to be the protagonist, as he's the only one with a strong motivation, we learn about his origin, he saves the day twice, and his character would be the one most relatable to the audience, though he doesn't properly fill the role as a protagonist because of how unfocused the story is.

Consider watching videos at accelerated playback speeds.

Sorry, meant to say she WAS a better protagonist.

The is the average prequel defender

>Average
He's exceptional in many ways

you use a trip because your an attention whoring faggot

Reminder for Everyone Else:
Always remember if an user uses a trip without a good reason, then that's a good reason for you to use the filter

At least now that this and Space Cop are done they can make bigger other things I hope.

i couldnt believe he spent 40 mins talking about some gay fan shit nobody who isnt subscribed to /r/starwars has heard of

You know, the term autism is thrown around a lot, often for things that are obsessive or perverse, but I suspect very few of those people at whom it's thrown out fit the epithet as much as this man.

>over an hour of explaining just how much the prequels were lazy and shit, like everybody didn't already know
>okay here's the review
>it's alright

I do it to automatically have my posts archived and identifiable in a thread. If I wanted to attract attention, I would use a name.

>Looking up your own posts in the archive
That's pretty fucking gay

>spends entire hour talking about prequels

Waste of fucking time and shit review.

His lack of criticism towards 7 was probably because it would water down his criticism towards the prequel trilogy.
The part where he talks about a conspiracy by the media to make the prequels seem like they were good was odd/insubstantial.
7 has distanced itself as far away from the prequels as humanly possible. What benefit would (Disney i assume) have for funding media to make the prequels "cool again" before 7s release.

General consensus among people I know, prequels were better than 7.

GUISE IT'S LE BAD ON PURPOSE BECUZ IT'S LE PREQUEL REVIEW OF LE SEQUEL XD

Anyone else still really blown away over the idea that he actually liked it in the first place? It was just as bad as the prequels, both had different minor positives and monstrous negatives but overall it was the same level of poor film making.

I can still remember my total confusion over HITB 100. I never actually finished and have only revisited a handful of times since.

The most disappointing thing since my son.

Yeah because the OT isn't guilty of any poor film making and wasn't constantly shit on by everyone involved in it.

The only people who liked The Star Wars Awakens are RLM fanboys who blindly love every video they upload.

>Yeah because the OT isn't guilty of any poor film making
It is.

>and wasn't constantly shit on by everyone involved in it.
It wasn't.

The stupid ring theory part was way too long.

Other than that it was fine.

>spends most of the time talking about the lack of creativity of force awakens
>shits on disney for pandering to fans who want the same film over and over again
>viewers expect a similar review to the one that made them famous in the first place

Do you know how I spot the plebs in this thread?

I blindly follow ur moms ass

because the movie was amazing and it was actually innovative unless the prequels which tried too hard to mimic the original trilogy

youtube.com/watch?v=sg29Sa6QFes

E;R's review is now officially the best review for TFA.

>Calls out the SJW Pandering
>Calls out Rey's Shit acting
>Calls out all the dirty Jewish tricks
>Sums up how the movie is complete fan pandering garbge in less than 20 min

Is E;R /our guy/?

stop shilling this shit please thanks

ITT: Oh yeah, that happened

youtube.com/watch?v=8g9cJ5WKZeU

They're completely right and reasonable, meanwhile Mike betrayed his own past and went full SJW with all his pandering to cultural marxists.
I guess Landis had a pack full of money from some producer?
We'll never know, but someone might guess what could convince a guy to go from beating chingchongs on the streets with a bunch of white supremacists to fall into the cuckery scenario.
Completely dropped, kinda tired of these fucking leftist backstabbers who can't even take any criticism.

This is the type of YouTube commenting that caused Jessi to move to Malaysia.

>Because he knows it's shit but likes it anyways

I'm not sure about others but for me before the movie came out, I had the mindset that this would make or break Star Wars for me, if it turned out I really like it, I would continue to be excited for the upcoming movies, but after watching it I was so disappointed that I basically had enough forever, being disappointed 4 times in a row is more than enough for me to drop the entire thing and just accept that the OT will always be there, I'm pretty sure that's why he's forcing himself to like it eventhough it was clearly such a mediocre and shitty movie, it's a make or break thing and he probably isn't ready to let go of star wars.

He should have waited longer, and gone deeper into the details of the movie. Sperging out at internet prequel conspiracy theorists could have been a stand-alone video if he really felt that compelled to comment on shit that nobody cares about.

i have a feeling this shitty review will cause people rethink the quality of the prequel reviews

I can quote parts from prequels review, I can't remember almost anything form new one and it's only couple of days.

I tuned out after an hour of side-by-side prequel scene comparisons.

why didn't mike tear into the technical flaws of tfa. the problems are worse than all three prequels combined. he also didn't mention anything about the map plot hole. pathetic

So the dude who got famous for shitting on the prequels has a bunch of his ideas implemented in the sequel which then turns out to be worse than the prequels. Pretty funny

>still using tripcodes
get on my level

When he recommended JJ Abrams people's alarm bells should have went ringing.

I'm a huge faggot please rape my face.

too busy lamenting the lack of interracial relationships

Prequels: objectively good.
TFA: objectively bad.

Ha Ha Stoklasa BTFO

>those clips of Lucas talking about the film industry
Honestly the most truthful thing I've ever heard him say.

Mike seemed a little too jaded and depressed in this one desu

You should only peel back the curtain so far

Back when he recommended JJ he seemed like a decent choice.

The Prequels, The Force Awakens and Reddit Lives Matter are all objectively terrible.

Better than prequels reviews mainly because they throw away any misogynistic crap. Mention Fin and Rey relationship is also nice touch.
I respect that be put things in that review that aren't popular with his fans aka angry hating women virgins.

This.

You're right, Force Awakens didnt try to mimic the originals whatsoever!

I didn't really like that he mocked the concerns about Finn drinking from the dirty water. It was unsanitary and the fact that he faced no repercussions later in the film is just another piece of objective evidence of JJ's hackeryy.

At the beginning of last night's Pre-Rec stream Jack said the Force Awakens Plinkett review bored him and he stopped watching about 20 minutes into it.

Only thing that happened was one of the dullest reviews in the history of RLM . Each of the points ranting on about the "ring theory" is indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the black jokes, the reviews' only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of hype, all to make memes less magical, to make anons asshurt as they try to use mental gymnastics to make this review "good".

Perhaps the die was cast when Mike "Black bulls need to breed Rey" Stoklasa bowed to the fans and agreed to create yet another Plinkett Review; he made sure the review would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody?Just ridiculously convoluted ranting about the prequels. The Plinkett series might be anti-Lucas (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-Kino series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>a-at least the TFA part of the review was good though
"No!"
The points are weak; the pacing was terrible. As I watched, I noticed that every time Mike was getting into his stride, he had to make yet another "lol Mr.Plinkett is a lunatic" joke.

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that stupid joke was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Mikes's mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that he has no other style of editing or comedy. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Plinkett "Star Wars Awakens" by some faggot on r/RedletterMedia. He wrote something to the effect of, "Guys this isn't the best review but its a new style and you guys over hyped it" And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you get hyped for RLM content you are, in fact, trained to be disappointed.

Based Jack

Mike should kick his ass

The only movies he had directed were:

Mission Impossible 3
Star Trek
Super 8

Man it's so funny that the most famous prequel detractor has such shit ideas of his own.

I'll bet Jack got fired this morning for not properly worshipping the great and mighty Plinkett, god of the contrarians

Are you for real?

this is fascinating. the insight he has into how his own mind works even though its a crazy one

This. I'm so glad someone finally had the courage to gamble on an all-black film

lmao you guys ar actually reviewing a review

Fucking nerds I swear

Wait till you hear him rip Harry Potter

Jack has the attention span of a 12 year old with ADD on meth.

>recycling hell footage left over from gorilla interrupted.

this man has no integrity

Fuck off back to Cred Forums.

It's been literally 3 days. You can't pretend the video is irrelevant when you contrarians were talking about it all this time and it racked over a million views in just a few days.

lucas is butthurt because he tried to do the exact same type of callback structure with his prequels but didn't have the skill to pull it off

This wasn't a shitty review, it was different from the others. If you wanted the SAME review as a prequel review I can see someone being disappointing, but I'm glad he didn't just copy and paste from prior reviews.

The clickbait thing was real. Do you not remember a short push for all things prequel? Fuck it popped up everywhere, even normies on facebook was sharing "Prequels better than OT?" clickbait titles on the regular

The circle theory was stupid, who cares about insane nerd theories

He should have ripped apart this movie, but it wasn't as deserving as the prequels were. His "quick change" to the script to fill in plot holes and put better motivation in the story was on point though, it would have been the movie it SHOULD have been. I'm not happy he didn't drill into it for completely negating all the successes and character growth and arcs from the OT though. More than anything that's what this movie did wrong.

Overall the movie was a solid 5 or 6/10. It was entertaining, I have no desire to re-watch it since I know I'll like it less. It is what it is, and if they churn these movies out then I expect there will be plenty of duds and plenty of decent ones. I just hope the jews didn't fuck over rogue one by making it so PG rated

No one is saying the review is irrelevant, just that its shit

>I'm not happy he didn't drill into it for completely negating all the successes and character growth and arcs from the OT though. More than anything that's what this movie did wrong.
we still don't know where this particular aspect of the story is headed though. this is like complaining that Spock shouldn't have been messed up by failing to save Romulus because Star Trek VI had a happy ending

It's always been obvious that the TFA review wouldn't be nearly as good as the others because, memes aside, TFA simply is nowhere near as spectacularly bad, incompetent, and bizarre as the prequels. It's just competent and bland

Mike likes that awful fan theory that Rey is the reincarnation of Anakin. That's a prequel level Anakin is the Chosen one virgin birth shit-tier idea, Mike.

>bought a pass just to post this

>shit-tier idea
not intrinsically but it was executed poorly just like 95% of the prequels

>that its shit
confirmed for dumb

that's exactly what I thought, he was saying that would be good for Rey, but he complained a lot about Anakin being some magic space Jesus chosen one.

I like that it's only an in-universe theory and it's truth remains ambiguous. Same with Midi-chlorians.

I would have had Anakin react ambiguously when he overhears he's the "chosen one" in TPM. Then worked it into the dialogue/banter between Anakin & Obi Wan in AOTC. (Anakin makes a mistake: "Nice job, Chosen One!") Then make it a prime point of Sheev's manipulation of Anakin in ROTS until he buys it 100%.

Simultaneously have Obi Wan & Yoda realize that it means he's destined to literally balance the force by wiping out the Jedi. This would be a better integrated "oh shit" moment than watching a video of anakin *choke* killing younglings.

but as it is, it remains the biggest dangler from the prequels and it will score a lot of points with me if the sequels can do something decent with it.

>OT
>worked because Lucas was at his prime but more importantly surrounded by competent people that added a lot to the films; inspired in Kurosawa's movies, classic sci-fi, etc.; ends with a lazy installment that didn't really deliver after Empire Strikes Back but still very enjoyable; has one of the most renowned and recognizable OST of all time; the best film of the series is the one that took a bigger risk

>PT
>flopped because Lucas wrote a first draft and did not corrected or enhanced it, and was surrounded by yes-men; CGI quickly got stale; there are some good ideas underlying but the execution is a fucking mess; also, there are bad ideas as well; a lot of awkward fan service that added nothing

>TFA
>succeeded because we live in a nostalgia fueled era and it appealed to lowest common denominator; takes only the worth of the OT; only exists because Disney knows capeshit won't be profitable forever and they cannot reboot/remake their own movies at the same time; uninspired, unoriginal, boring, feels like a bootleg Episode IV, lacks of grit, blatant plot holes and Deus Ex Machina; even John Williams' score feels lazier compared to the other six movies'

I fucking hate TFA.

The funny part is that prequel fans making up theories about the movies not being bad are just as silly as tfa fans making up reasons for ehy tfa wasnt a piece of crap or how rey isnt a terrible character.

I love this headcanon that rey 'might' be getting better and its 'too early to judge'. As if reading the first awful book would make anyone else want to read the rest of the series.

>we live in a nostalgia fueled era
Lucas's entire career is based on nostalgia for the movie serials of the 1940s and 1950s. They heavily inform every frame of Star Wars and Indiana Jones. Now, when a new generation comes in to the franchise (as lucas had intended as far back as 1994), the point of reference isn't Flash Gordon and Tarzan but Star Wars itself.

>(Anakin makes a mistake: "Nice job, Chosen One!")

Nostalgia was somehow someting that inspired people like Lucas and Spielberg.
Now is the nostalgia the average people feel what inspires the greenlight and marketing guys.

>Lucas's entire career is based on nostalgia for the movie serials of the 1940s and 1950s. They heavily inform every frame of Star Wars and Indiana Jones. Now, when a new generation comes in to the franchise (as lucas had intended as far back as 1994), the point of reference isn't Flash Gordon and Tarzan but Star Wars itself.
Good point. For a full explanation see: Simulation and simulacra - Baudrillard

>It's just competent
I can't wait for this perspective to change, as it has for the prequels.
The reception has been near identical, so far.

What the fuck are you talking about there were just a bunch of niggers in a sci fi movie made for children. Calm your tits. The only reason he called you faggots out for it is because youre sperging out so hard its actually hilarious.

Ya, I don't remember very many people hating the pm when it first came out. It was the super nerds who disliked it. General audience's loved it.

>It was the super nerds who disliked it
We're the only ones who count.

the review was ironically shitty

same way their failure at hitting the Hollywood big time was done on purpose with several layers of irony on it

Of course people who were 10 when PM was new loved it. That's who it was meant to appeal to

>le good goy since 2016

this steak is delicious though

Yep. Everything becomes self referential.
Even the steak and in the end it doesn't even matter. The only exceptions being acts of violation.

I think the point about sex is not valid. Leila kisses Luke all of once in A New Hope "for luck". And he says "she's beautiful" regarding the hologram and he and Han talk about his chances with her. That's it, 3 mentions of sex. Empire advanced the love triangle and Jedi had Leia in that bikini and finished the Han/Leia relationship. Remember also that back in the day there were 3 years between films. If you saw a new hope as a 10 year old you'd be 16 when Jedi came out. A ten year old would say "she's beautiful" without knowing what sex is. A 16 year old wants to see her in the bikini. It kind of explains the addition of the sex content. It's fine for the first in the trilogy to be light on sex. There will be more in the next one.

I see wut u did there.

So just like the 35 yr old nostalgia driven crowds who ate up tfa despite it being crap?

culture should stand still. 2nd century bc was the peak. we should all still be reading the epic of gilgamesh. all modern iterations of culture are hopelessly degenerate simulacra used by the marketing je...guys to sap our precious bodily fluids.

>everyone wanting him to RIP, TEAR, VALIDATE MY OPINIONS
>despite his last review, The Titanic, he spent half of the video talking about how amazing it really is and spends the second half talking about the weaker aspects

If you want a echo chamber, you're already on Cred Forums

Jay also came on and was not only salty about Jack's opinion on it, but over the AV Club article. It was pretty amusing.

Josh was on and fuck, if you thought he was a super hipster on the videos, don't listen to him to justify the difference between "Louis C.K. and Jerry Seinfeld." or how jazz can be sometimes metal.

>2nd century bc
2 millennium. excuse my degenerate brain.

RLM damage control in full swing this past week.

Redlettermedia used to be the Pixar of youtube reviews but now they released their first truly awful video, this new Plinkett is like their Cars and this means they might start losing fans, their blind following and praise to any half-assed crap they make. This in turn will make them even MORE desperate, their new stuff will have even more pandering and recycled memes. Its all downhill from here, folks

lol at people defending the "thesis".

mike doesnt care about the lack of sex in star wars, mr plinkett does. anyone who believes "star wars should have more sex" is the point of the video is retarded. it wasn't a legitimate criticism, it was Mike doing his creepy mr plinkett character.

Sorry. I still like Plinkett. I'm not going to let some asshole on the internet tell me what I should or shouldn't enjoy.

It's funny seeing people hate on his dissection of fandom. I see people saying "they're retarded we get it" and stuff. Well if any of you remember when his phantom menace review came out, that's exactly what people said. "They're bad we get it". But the point isn't that they're bad and Mike wants low-hanging fruit, he felt compelled to review it because he was so baffled by how many people obssess over something so stupid. That's where the plinkett reviews come from in the first place, he felt like an old man who didn't get society anymore.

>plinkett is just a character!!!

then they should just review the film as themselves

...I forgot. I live in New Jersey...

You think that the lack of sex in the force awakens is a genuine criticism?

but jazz and metal do share a lot of characteristics

Jay wasn't salty at Jack, you retard. Why are you faggots so obsessed with creating drama amongst these guys?

youtube.com/watch?v=JtvGR8UX1L0

I'm just glad he cut Lucas some slack. I was starting to feel bad for him.

yep

He didn't care that Jack hadn't seen the review and he was just laughing about how stupid the AV Club article. Get some friends, user.

I've watched it twice and you're right. The ring theory/middle portion is really dull the second time around.

is any rlm argument genuine criticism in that case?

Spent half of it on some dumb fan theory. Fuck sakes mate get to the fucking point.

>When the titties grab you back

>I don't see a problem with it, as I ALREADY EXPLAINED TO YOU, MY DEAR PLINKETTE

He's Cred Forumss chrischan.

>He should have waited longer, and gone deeper into the details of the movie

He should have reviewed TFA, He's one of those star wars fags who can't get over George Lucas being a dick.

>they played Haydee last night
>only one not "creeped" out were Jack and Jay just laughed nearly the whole way through

Hearing Rich sound like a prude was entertaining, and Josh was his usual SJW

>caring what Devin Faraci thinks about anything

I mean I know that it's in the rules of the internet and everything that you should first always assume stupidity, but c'mon.
That comment was so blatantly false, there's no way the guy meant it.
It had to be sarcasm.
It had to be.
Oh god, what if it wasn't?

Did Plinkett Predict a Bladerunner soft reboot?

i can't wait for the post-episode 9 press release that reveals that lucas actually plotted all three sequels and his white slavers-type interviews were a smokescreen to make people think he had nothing to do with them

someone really needs to tell Harrison to do something with his hair, hes starting to look as senile as he is.

the image is a guy with no one written on his face implying no one would every say such a thing.

I encourage you to try to be less of a fucking retard.

You're right, and this is all true.

But while Star Wars stole from pretty much everywhere, it at least made for a movie series that follows its own internal logic, and every character follows their own goals, instead of the goals of the holy plot book, going and doing where/what they want to or need to based on their own little story and arc; instead of accidentally fumbling from set piece to set piece by complete fuck off coincidence, and revealing new character aspects 10 seconds before announcing that since the plot needs them to go to X, they MUST go to X, if even developing that far.

George Lucas is a guy who raids junk yards, and uses scrap metal and the like to (with the help of like 20 people) create replicas of great old famous statues like The Thinker.
Sure, it's made out of junk, and it's derivative to the point of being a copy, but there's a lot of work put into it, and a lot of new methods used to create the same effect, since he can't just chisel around the statue, he has to put the pieces together himself.

TFA is Disney buying a Junkyard, sending JJ in there with a team of market researchers, and then quickly welding metal pieces together until they vaguely resemble a wire work outline of George's statues, before announcing that it's modern art, and having everyone fawn over how amazing it is to have a new statue in George's series, and how amazing it is that they get to experience these new approaches! Clearly the flaws don't matter, they're meant to be there! It's just how JJ does things, and it's beautiful!

Well sometimes welding shit together works.

>his hatred of boys in speedos

Is he insecure about seeing other penises?

Aye, but that's not a wirework statue, nor is it what most people think of when they hear "modern art" (though it is made with modern methods, and it does look very good for what it is).

>George Lucas is a guy who raids junk yards, and uses scrap metal and the like to (with the help of like 20 people) create replicas of great old famous statues like The Thinker.

No, he's a guy who wipes his ass with the Mona Lisa and then prints t-shirts of the result. Any given episode of Flash Gordon is of greater worth than his collected works, and that is a fact.

>and that is a fact
well i' was going to seriously respond to you but nevermind i guess

It's just a fact, you don't need to respond.

>Any given episode of Flash Gordon is of greater worth than his collected works
Flash Gordon fisty cuffs is ok. That's about it though.

What do you mean? Anything you like in Star Wars is done better in Flash Gordon. Unless you just can't get on with black-and-white movies?

Boring as hell, except for the fight scenes where they look as if they're really wacking each other.

Not the guy you're replying to, rather here:

I'm not sure which part of "Junk replica of great old statues" got past you.

Only serves to remind us how shallow Plinkett's commentary on TFA was. There was so much more to dig into. Some as baffling as the worst offenses of the Prequels. But whatever, the train has already left the station.

>There was so much more to dig into. Some as baffling as the worst offenses of the Prequels
examples?

No. There's nothing left. The New Republic was what the Rebels' efforts resulted in following Return of the Jedi. Abrams never explains anything else and chooses to reset the universe by wiping out the New Republic and reverting the characters back to their starting positions. The Force Awakens is unquestionably a soft reboot that condenses the entire OT into a single film.

What was the point of the tentacle monster scene?

Its only purpose was to provide action where it wasn't necessary, in the part of the film that traditionally is reserved for downtime character development. But that's not good enough for today's ADD generation where there always has to be action

>No. There's nothing left.
Meaning there's nowhere left to go in the story? Jesus, you're dumb.

It's supposed to show Rey's technical and physical prowess and cunning.

You know, like every other fucking scene. Gotta set up the Mary Sue.

>but I'm glad he didn't just copy and paste from prior reviews.

You mean like when he spent an hour talking about why the prequels were bad using points he already made?

Too many comparison scenes not enough indepth analysis of TFA.

You're missing that user's point. He didn't review TFA like he did the prequels. This fact holds regardless of him re-visiting the prequels via the ring theory.

>He didn't review TFA like he did the prequels.

He didn't review it at all.

I think the point was that the laziness of TFA was it's biggest fault. The prequels had terrible writing and that's what he ripped on and TFA was a copy paste and that's what he ripped on.

I don't get this. Mike mentioned that nobody actually gives a shit about all of the forced diversity and that it's all an empty gesture when they won't even show interracial relationships. But you guys act like he's betrayed you somehow, as if he was in your corner the whole time?
If anything, this has shown me how fucking delusional some of you guys are.

Does that change my point?

Why did they fight a monster in the trash compactor? What does this have to do with the Death Star plans plot?
Why did they land in the mouth of the asteroid monster? WHAT A WASTE OF TIME!
Luke fights the Rancor? How does this further the conflict between Luke and the emperor.

It's a stupid action scene that helps bring Rey, Finn, Han & Chewbacca closer together.

>traditionally is reserved for downtime character development
OH NO JJ did something different

It undermines it. You can't give Mike points for being "different" when he was just being lazy.

The lengths some people to go with to defend their surrogate friends online is baffling.

Stupid, I was talking about the Sequel Trilogy's relationship with the Original Trilogy. It wasn't a real sequel. Hamill and friends are there merely for fan service. There are some people who have preferred an organic continuation of Return of the Jedi from a film titled Episode VII. And now it'll never happen. But sure. We'll definitely see more of Mary Sue, The Emperor 2.0, and Emo Vader.

That's fine, but I wanted specific shit, like looking at how Maz's character made zero sense and it was a failed effort to blend the cantina and the wise mentor together for one scene. Those parts in the second act had the most reworkings and it showed.

Instead we got a few montages.

>It wasn't a real sequel
You're the type of person the last 10 minutes of Revenge of the Sith was made for.

not sure what you're talking about but I do know you type like a faggot

I'm actually not the user you're originally talking to. I started here .

I mean, I dunno, I kind of like Kylo Ren. He's obviously a tryhard Vader fanboy but basically everyone knows it and shits on him for it. I think that's kinda funny.

I agree, he could've gone more in depth but as he said, there are hundreds of reviewers online who have already ripped on the movie's flaws.

this is ripped off from the ot

Nope. Thought that was forced. But Abrams could have taken 5 minutes or less to explain what happened since the destruction of the second Death Star and the current state of the galaxy. Treat the Original Trilogy cast with a little more respect and branch out in a new direction (not borrow so heavily from another film in the franchise). Would have had more time if you cut out pointless things like Maz, Rathtars, and another Death Star.

You're joking right

the lack of story/lore/world building in tfa is pathetic. its basically just a sequence of action scenes

>innovative

Are you sitting me? I liked it too, but innovative it was not.

>flopped
They made double than the OT did. Even with inflation. Especially overseas.

>and was surrounded by yes-men
Myth. Hamil, Ford, Hayden, Fisher, Kesdan, Burt, Portman, McGregor, Sam Jackson, Filoni has either challenged him or did their own thing. He likes being challenged. You should see the originals drafts to Star Wars especially the prequels. Julian Glover even told him to change General Veers to be more assertive and Lucas agreed with him. Glover was in ESB for essentially a cameo btw.

>CGI quickly got stale
Considering he pushed ILM to it's limits and started the evolution of motion capture, composited shots and all digital characters that people have perfected now, you're wrong.

>a lot of awkward fan service that added nothing
Where?

>TFA
It's a fun movie but a bit uninspiring. Despite what internet autist think, it's a very decent and competent film. You should leave the internet for a while and start forming your own opinions of things instead of listening to bitter virgins.

>Even with inflation
No. Adjusted for inflation, Star Wars alone made $1.2 billion domestically in its original theatrical release.

Confirmed for not watching BOTW where Jack can recite the attempted comprhensible plots from memory. He is actually the most BASED of them all.

SHUT UR FUKING MOUTH OR JACK WILL CHOKE YOU WITH HIS

BIG
WHITE
COCK

Mike liked the force awakens, what were people expecting? He's not gonna fake hating it just to fanservice you faggots.

>it's a very decent and competent film
lmfao
>You should leave the internet for a while and start forming your own opinions of things instead of listening to bitter virgins.
>Your opinion isn't your own because it isn't the same as mine
Consider suicide.

>lmfao
muh anh plot

>only complaint is that Rei didn't get blacked
so much for the racist memes

Do you have a garage? You should run the engine in it. I could lend you some hose if you don't.