Expected a ton of pandering to blacks

>expected a ton of pandering to blacks
>show was critical of the problematic aspects of black culture
who else was pleasantly surprised by this?

Other urls found in this thread:

psmag.com/ghosts-of-white-people-past-witnessing-white-flight-from-an-asian-ethnoburb-b550ba986cdb#.dp5kq57pe
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

racist whites

but the villain isn't even a white dude

who gives a fuck, you know it's only americans who are obsessed with black people goddamn. most countries with a lot of black people don't have white people and vice versa. America is just fucking retarded.

I hope Hillary Clinton wins so that she brings over a boatload of a THIRD race, because that will end well when you guys have spent 400 years trying to get along with the people from the last time you did that.

fuck off

I am not surprised because i am not stupid Cred Forums.

That was nice.

Not so nice:
Hey, you have a primarily black cast, you can get whoever you want. "Let's hire some great leads, then make every supporting character a terrible, terrible actor."

but we already have boatloads of Asians here

they just don't fucking complain as much

but they all use EBT

You know you love our black people.

Asians are realizing theyre still getting the shit end because whites don't actually accept them either. Asian names don't get their resumes immediately tossed like black names, but they don't actually progress in the company either and are starting to realize that to be taken seriously they need to exercise their civic duty and vote instead of insulating themselves in their own communities. White people shit talk black people in private, but they also shit talk Asian people right to their face.

Because no matter what white people only want to be around white people at the end of the day, always have an excuse why and are pretty much the only group on the planet that do this. psmag.com/ghosts-of-white-people-past-witnessing-white-flight-from-an-asian-ethnoburb-b550ba986cdb#.dp5kq57pe

So, white people are the only race of people on the planet that prefers their own? You're wrong L M A O

White people are the only group that has made it 100% about skin color and not about culture

This coming from a black American married to a Japanese girl that has lived on 3 different continents

This thread is no longer about television and film and should be removed.

So, you're talking about Americans, correct? I wouldn't even class them as white. Anyway, they've some obsession with that. The majority of them are from German stock so you could are where it comes from. WE WUZ ARYANS N SHIEEET.

>White people are the only group

You've automatically failed your own argument, congratulations.

It's straight up Blaxploitation. Keep the streets clean, the kids in school, and serve justice with an iron fist. A bit ironic this time

>1 person is a group

>any effort to present blacks as respectable is blaxploitation or ironic
Go fuck yourself, racist liberal scum.

>haven't even finished Daredevil or started Jessica Jones
this show might be great but I don't know if I'll ever get to it.

It really doesn't matter. If you demonstrate the capability despite not falling under the category that that guy himself suggested, you've disproved your own rule.

If as the other guy who replied mentioned, he said Americans, I'd be the first on board to agree with him, and I'm American, but that's not what he did is it?

I like how everybody says this despite the fact that Luke Cage himself was the only one who acted like this; easily explained by him being a preacher's kid (THEY FUCKING REFERENCE IT DIRECTLY AS THE CAUSE OF HIS NO CURSING AND SHIT RULE).

It's like if you don't encourage every black youth to be a thug rapper you're somehow racist. Even if you're black. Or "Uncle Tom" they call it.

i am only 3 eps in, but fight scenes look kinda shitty to me. i can't really explain it, just that they look badly edited

>surprised

Why would I be surprised? I'm not brainwashed by the constant Cred Forums shitpost SJW-right persecution complex crying here. When I watch media I don't exclusively notice things that trigger me with my narrow political dogma, pretend the rest doesn't exist, then go on the internet to cry about how persecuted I am because I'm mentally ill and overweight.

By episode 5 it's easily better than Daredevil. I never bothered with JJ; it's obvious bait.

I wasn't. But that's because I'm not an insecure whiteboy who thinks every TV show is out to get me.

there are no 'fight scenes' besides the final showdown

an invincible man pushing people over is not a fight scene

Wasn't there that article about how Luke Cage was actually racist because it was conservative since he didn't want people to call him a nigger and shit? I don't even know how you managed to write all of that and not see how racist it is.

It was just a only black story. I dont mimd it, it was garbage though.

well in the 3ep, when he goes into the main stash house and fucks everybody up it just looked bad. and the Wu song just felt off. Maybe I am just spoiled after Daredevil tho

I'm not surprised, because I don't watch filthy nigger shit. If you watch this show, you are probably a nu-male cuckboy.

isn't no cursing Pop's policy that he enforces out of respect for Pop?

foot for thought definitely, Luke Cage is one of the most intellectual new shows of this year.
I wish Cage was not capeshit so it can be taken more seriously by the normie masses.

That's all it is desu. Daredevil is fancy ninja shit, but if/when he runs into Luke, he couldn't budge the motherfucker. Luke Cage isn't Superman, he's a living sledgehammer.

Yeah, that same article was pissed that the main villain wasn't the NYPD and that the show tackled black on black crime.

If your black characters aren't literal chimps that support killing each other, while throwing their own poop at whitey at the same time, its racist

Yes, absolutely. He even fucking references the swear jar after he's dead (You got me pop) but during the boxing scene with Diamondback, Diamondback says to him "Don't give me that sweet Christmas shit just because you're a preacher's son" or something close, implying that it was always his way of life and Pops rule resonated with him (by the way, he still ocassionally curses, I counted two "shit"s.).

>All of that
>Two sentences
Back to grade school, you're either posting on a phone or are retarded. Assuming for the benefit of the doubt you're sarcastic, I've always hated this meme. "If you don't embrace black culture you're racist" as if that applies to literally any other culture in existence. The idea that if you respect other people and don't curse you are "white" is inherently racist against black people.

I read that article you mentioned, it's clickbait shit.

>Missing out on arguably the most sympathetic villain of the three shows

You're only harming yourself.

>tfw the music

>a black man allegedly kills a white cop
>blacks are upset at the black man
>Mariah makes a point of saying how this white cop was a part of Harlem's community and how his killing negatively affects Harlem

I'm sure that rally scene at the club caused a shitload of IRL butthurt for the BLM psychos.

>you know it's only americans who are obsessed with black people goddamn.

Europe is currently letting nigs riot and rape without repercussion, and putting people in jail for saying mean things about black people on Twitter.

I'm at episode 3 and it's meh so far. I don't like the main actor at all.
Daredevil is awesome, I liked Jessica Jones a lot, this one seems like the worst one so far

based soundtrack. want to own physical media of, even.

it oozes cool

>here have some more capeshit
when will this godawful trend die? If I want a comic book I'll read a fucking comic book

>when will this godawful trend die?

When it stops being profitable.

How stupid and uneducated are you that you need to ask this question? It's almost like you're dumb enough to imply that you're being forced to watch something and that ignoring it isn't an option that requires zero effort.

>How stupid and uneducated are you that you need to ask this question?
It's a rhetorical question faggot, I'm just sick and tired of capeshit

>It's almost like you're dumb enough to imply that you're being forced to watch something and that ignoring it isn't an option that requires zero effort.
Wait, you mean I'm not legally required to watch it? Brilliant, thanks man

He's not the villain. Stryker is.

This triggered me slightly.

>Spend 8 episodes building up an awesome villain with an absolutely tragic backstory
>Toss it the fuck away for false preacher man and Alfre Woodard Strong Black Woman #9000

Platinum mad.

Cottonmouth has to be my favorite MCU villain, based on his presence and charisma.

Couldn't you just gas him?

This is literal horseshit. Perhaps this is the case in America. But the UK voted to leave the EU this year literally because they fucking hated the Polish and other Eastern Europeans.

Agreed. Of all three, he felt the most human, like a regular person. Fisk was sympathetic, but was a rich motherfucker beyond the means of most of us normal folk. I could see myself in the role of The Man in Purple if I was born with mind control superpowers, but you really feel like you could find examples of Cottonmouth out in the world, black or otherwise. People with potential forced to abandon it for horrible shit so that they can thrive.

It really says something that the person I felt bad about the most in the entire show wasn't Riva, wasn't Luke or "Lucas", or Pop, or anybody else.

It was Cottonmouth, who spent his days staring at artists dreaming of what he could have been before getting back to the bloody work he had immersed himself into. This was especially poignant during the "Long live the Chief" musical segment.

Brits aren't white though

Yeah, that entire song is essentially an anthem to Cottonmouth.

>.gif
not today user

I thought Cred Forums was full of elitist critical thinkers who are up they're own ass.You seem like a closed minded moron.TV shows aren't "out to get" people.They're just bad, and typically don't deal with shit well.

Both DD (s1 and 2) and JJ had third act ptoblems but jesus this show shit the bed 4 episodes in. It had such a great start what happened?

Also why the fuck are you so defensive?He literally said he liked the show dumbass.Chill out, and stop getting triggered.

I like cottonmouth, but i didn't like him as a villain in a superhero show, about a super strong guy who can't be hurt.It made no sense.I could get past that, but i was noticing how ridiculous it was more, and more.I actually was glad when he died because i thought "finally the shows going somewhere"

Hillary will make race relations worse, because she can't into economics.

>up they are own
sorry man had to. i agree tho.

>slant eyed niglets
Kek

Cornell wanted to be a big bad crime lord, but he wasn't meant for that.

Black Mariah wanted nothing to do with crime, but she's really good at it.

I don't see why. Him getting the Judas bullets vs random I AM YOUR BROTHER from nowhere having them when he was a gun runner felt redundant to me.

is there anything that differentiates this show from daredevil and jj? it just seems samey

But he didn't want to be one, he was forced into it, partially BY Mariah. She told him to shoot his uncle too, that's what felt so inconsistent. By then it was too late, that was the turning point.

Also, she was an utterly ineffective villain who only got by because Shades became uncharacteristically smart twice in the show and Diamondback let her live because he was too lazy to run criminal enterprises.

>luke keeps meeting cottenmouth
>cottenmouth keeps threatening and laughing at luke
>luke could easily push his shit in
It really didn't make much sense

motherfucker, you got me.