youtube.com/watch?v=dEacGiMO3K0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Your mom and that's not saying much

Pedogeddon

Brass Eye is perfect

Jam is great

Four Lions is great

Nathan Barley is great

Lizard man sketch on Jam is one of the greatest ever imo.

Jam is what MDE tries and fails to do

What's up with his face?

Nightmare on Elm Street 3

cancer

Not curing acne that's for sure.

Four Lions is perfect you nonce

The Day Today is great too

simply epic

he hasn't applied any make up to his face

the IT crowd

Four Lions is great and still very timely. His best TV stuff is either Nathan Barley or Brass Eye.

youtube.com/watch?v=RcU7FaEEzNU

Jam is certainly my favorite. Blue Jam may be slightly better, though.

yes, I love these monologues so much, amazing satire of the wanks of the art/media bourgeois

youtube.com/watch?v=qlTjk02bj0k&index=13&list=PL80FCE34666BBDD8C

youtube.com/watch?v=RcU7FaEEzNU

absolutely this

Clearly not modelling.

the bastard hasn't done something with aphex twin yet. srsly wtf morris!

Day Today was better than Brass Eye, funnier

American comedians brutally ripped off both shows

WHATS WRONG WITH YOUR FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACE?

sup reddit

Glad someone else feels this way, however I think the best episode of either is the Peadophelia ep of Brass Eye

how the hell does eric andre get himself to look like tat

must spend all his budget on the makeup people

NOW FACT ME 'TIL I FART

Is this what a left wing person looks like?

Jam was pretty memorable

Not gonna lie, lads. I cried.

youtu.be/2yoa1-aq4QM

On the Hour and Blue Jam probably
Honestly everything he's done has been as good or better than what anyone else has done in that genre, Day to Day was his best TV stuff

His music parodies are absolutely spot-on:
youtube.com/watch?v=6qkoGA_ewic
youtube.com/watch?v=gxNyyZpP3GM
youtube.com/watch?v=8d9C5KHP5z0
youtube.com/watch?v=3tq33sEQF6Q

I got all his old pre on the hour radio shows off cookdandbomd but i lost the files, does anyone have a link?

I used to have the GLR ones but I lost them too.

Is cookandbomd not a thing anymore? They are absolutely GOAT, so comfy too.

Brass Eye is the funniest but Jam is the best

The GLR shows. He was good as a posh Kenny Everett, bad as 'a Jonathan Swift for the nineties'. He started out mocking bombastic presentation, and ended up unironically indulging in it - he should never have started directing. He should act more and do more radio, those are his real gifts.

this tbqhwyf

>Nathan Barley is great

It's really not.

This user gets it, though I'd say Blue Jam was his real high point.

It's a pity that he moved on to mainly write later on, like you say he has fucking god tier comedic timing, he is brilliant at performing his own stuff.

youtube.com/watch?v=dEacGiMO3K0

It hasn't aged well because those kinds of people became everywhere, it was a really small phenomenon at the time. Look at shit like Nathan Barley's phone, that was meant to be a parody, but phones nowadays do way more obnoxious, useless things. And everyone has them.

It's just one of those examples of real life overtaking satire.

Well, to me the problem isn't the datedness, it's that it's a parody of a local and essentially harmless phenomenon. 'Paedogeddon' doesn't work imo, but it's about something that matters. Old media cokeheads getting annoyed by young media cokeheads in noughties Shoreditch doesn't matter.

>it's a parody of a local and essentially harmless phenomenon

But that's exactly the opposite of what it is! It was local and just hugely irritating at the time,but the entire point was that "idiots" were a rising phenomenon, and we can see today that they literally won, there is a gloabl media empire of vapid shit from them that we see every fucking day.

Nowadays Nathan Barley writes for Buzzfeed.

Yes, and none of that matters. Buzzfeed doesn't matter. The media causing civil unrest with witchhunts and hysteria matters. It's like pointing out that daytime TV is crap, it's nothing for an ostenisble satirist to be wasting time on.

I think it really does matter, it's the dumbing down of all media, the quality of journalism has plummeted, people no longer look to experts and now just consume clickbait in their own isolated facebook hugboxes.

The Paedogeddon episode was great for describing the worst shit in the media of its time, but things changed, and Nathan Barley looked ahead.

This is overstating the message anyway, for the most part Nathan Barely was about the characters in the show, basically about watching an extremely annoying prick, the likes of which we see more and more of, get his comeuppance, or not.

Do we think he wrote most of Nathan Barley and Four Lions? In both cases he was working with people capable of writing hours of stuff on their own, as he never has. I wondered whether the switch from format satirizing to dramatized material neccesitated more collaboration - though he was already crediting a ton of additional material writers on jam iirc.

It's pretty obvious the parts that are him and the parts that are Brooker if you know both of their bodies of work. And he wrote most of Four Lions, the help was with some of the gags (again its obvious which ones aren't his style) and some of the drama.

I think the same number of people are interested in quality journalism and expert commentary as ever were, it's just that we're more aware now of how many aren't. The characterisation and direction isn't worth going into, as we'll obviously disagree on its merits.

He was good in his day, but he was no Sam Hyde.

Probably not, I think Nathan Barley is the weakest thing he's written, it's still a very good show though.

I'd say you are wrong with your assertion too, things like Brexit and Trump pretty strong show that the media has a completely different hold on society now, it's a radical shift that is happening.

I'd argue the reverse is true. I thought it was shit when it came out but now in the age of wannabe career YouTubers and finger phone enthusiasts its quite relevant.

Either Jam or Brass Eye.

I like his Why Bother stuff with Peter Cook. He was one of the best foils for Cook because he would just try and fuck him up by talking about the fossilised remains of the infant Christ.

Fucking incredible that two of the greatest geniuses of comedy history had that thing together, Cook way past his prime, but it was absolutely 100% based, for the reasons you say. Morris is great at disarming people and taking things deeper and deeper into the absurd or just twisting ideas on their head, forcing Cook to improvise. Moore was basically just there for Cook to riff off/bully.